IGNORED

Kitten Update

Conundrum

Thanks to @Curious and everyone’s advice we have solved the food issue and our kitten gets along well and has the run of the house during the day. He is growing and doing well according to our vet. He and our cat love playing together and entertain me daily. Thanks everyone, for the helpful information and for your viewing pleasure, a few photos of my sweet baby. 

Photo # 1: Photo taken today. He is playing with our cat and my daughter told me to update my “Free Jinger Friends” and  say thank you for all y’all help. So, THANK YOU!

Photo # 2 : Trying to tell me he wants the water fountain my daughters found on Amazon. (Yes, we bought it.)

Photo # 3 : He stole our cats favorite daytime spot!

Photo # 4 : I didn’t see him for a while and found him sleeping on my daughters bed. He was too cute; I had to take a picture. 

91BB2517-C172-41EF-9913-BF1175F30E19.jpeg

Spoiler

0B9981A6-B556-491B-9950-40A00181EE8C.jpeg

Spoiler

7760DD61-E182-4AE0-8E78-EB73AAC8663F.jpeg

Spoiler

12BB2EDE-34EC-4B04-A81A-4D4DE000D96F.jpeg

Edited by Curious
adding spoilers
  • Love 15

Thanks! Me, too. Who knew I liked cats so much? I never had them growing up because my mom hates cats but I love them; I guess that’s all that matters! 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

What a little cutie!  We have two older male (neutered) cats, but since my husband is extremely allergic and I am moderately less-so, we've decided our two boys will be our last, to save my husband's nose and eyes if nothing else.

I will very happily gaze upon everyone else's new kittens, though!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

What a handsome little man :)    The pic with him laying on the laptop is perfection!   I'm glad to hear your adult kitty gets along with the baby.  We are still working on that here.  I will settle for "doesn't hiss when the kitten(s) is within 20 feet at this point.

Let me know how they like the fountain.   Pirate has some weird obsession with their water cup and I've been reading about cats and water trying to figure out what his deal is.

I've read it can be everything from "whisker stress" to not being able to see water in bowls to preferring "running" water like in a fountain.   I don't want to buy a fountain and find out everyone hates it though.

I found a dish that has sort of graduated levels and is much wider than a normal dish that is supposed to be good for cats because they can see the water better or something.  It won't work for them now while they are in the pen the majority of the time, but I might give that one a try when they have run of the house for another option.

• Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, Curious said:

What a handsome little man :)    The pic with him laying on the laptop is perfection!   I'm glad to hear your adult kitty gets along with the baby.  We are still working on that here.  I will settle for "doesn't hiss when the kitten(s) is within 20 feet at this point.

Let me know how they like the fountain.   Pirate has some weird obsession with their water cup and I've been reading about cats and water trying to figure out what his deal is.

I've read it can be everything from "whisker stress" to not being able to see water in bowls to preferring "running" water like in a fountain.   I don't want to buy a fountain and find out everyone hates it though.

I found a dish that has sort of graduated levels and is much wider than a normal dish that is supposed to be good for cats because they can see the water better or something.  It won't work for them now while they are in the pen the majority of the time, but I might give that one a try when they have run of the house for another option.

Both the cats drink from the fountain. (And sometimes the dog.) We bought it because our adult cat loves to drink water from the tap and would “meow” at us to turn on the water. She hasn’t done it since we got the fountain almost a week ago. What I really like is that it has a filter so the water stays clean. I wash and refill water bowls twice a day because the water gets cloudy from dirty paws and food falling in but the fountain keeps the water clean. I just add ice cubes twice a day and wash the stainless steel and refill with new water every other day. It works for our cats so maybe it will work for yours, too. 

Edited by Conundrum
Apparently I can’t spell. I swear I’m smart!
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Conundrum said:

Both the cats drink from the fountain. (And sometimes the dog.) We bought it because our adult cat loves to drink water from the tap and would “meow” at us to turn on the water. She hasn’t done it since we got the fountain almost a week ago. What I really like is that it has a filter so the water stays clean. I wash and refill water bowls twice a day because the water gets cloudy from dirty paws and food falling in but the fountain keeps the water clean. I just add ice cubes twice a day and wash the stainless steel and refill with new water every other day. It works for our cats so maybe it will work for yours, too. 

That sounds perfect.  Do you happen to have a link to the one you bought?

• Upvote 3

FYI: Reported myself for more than two photos and no spoiler and it’s past the time I am able to edit my post. Hopefully it will be corrected soon. 

• Upvote 1