IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 9: Perfecting Hypocrisy

Coconut Flan

18 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Apropos of zombified people, today we learn that impostor power kills but moves humans around. 

Hide contents

— Main Menu —HOME ABOUT BOOKS- Receive Excerpts - See Full Collection TV- Remnant Fellowship TV - Weigh Down TV MEDIA DEVOTIONAL CONTACT 

Love Overcomes

August 29, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

True Love is more powerful than any other energy or power, more important than any other resource, and therefore, the most important study of all because True Love overcomes evil. Evil is simply rebellion to the will of God; the will of God is to love. Evil eradicates love, but the real Truth is…God’s love overcomes evil. Another way to say this is that love eradicates the lack of love. Fascinating!

God has all of these—things, position, money—yet uses love. God distributes His gifts to men to be used for good, such as in husbands to wives, parents to children, bosses to employees. If rewards are given by the boss, this can be good influence. However, when authority, money, position or knowledge is used to promote self rather than God, it is at this point that it becomes an evil, coercive power. The impostor force of moving humans around will greatly demoralize the heart rather than fill it up and energize it. It will divide rather than unite, it will hurt rather than heal, it will greatly diminish hope because the heart is hurt, not healed. Impostor power or fake love kills but can move humans around. This abuse can be inherited. True Love moves the heart and this inheritance gives life. Love of God first and man second has a powerful influence that overcomes this evil.

Other than that it's pretty repetitive. Love eradicates  lack of love. In other news, warmth eliminates cold and people who have money are not in poverty. 

Normally I can understand Gwen’s ramblings and weird verbiage, but this devotional is pretty off the rails even for her. It’s on the verge of being such utter nonsense that it sounds like she is stoned out of her mind. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Gwen Ramblin Lara mixes a confusing amount of metaphors. 

Today we learn that evil is the worst enemy of the Earth but love chips away at the stony exterior.  According to Gwen this is good but I dunno, I find the Earth's stony exterior rather useful to walk on, my house is built on it, and it protects me from hot lava. 

Spoiler

The Most Superior Power

August 30, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Evil is the Earth’s biggest enemy, therefore, it stands to reason that Love is the most important commodity on Earth. Underneath this love-force, the components of love are breaking down the barriers. It is chipping away at the stony exterior, and love eventually triumphs…love triumphs as mercy triumphs over judgment.  If you study its influence, you will agree in the end that—above wind and rain, above all sources of energy, whether combustion, kinetic, solar, or evil positional coercive influences—God’s True Love is the most important, greatest and most superior power on Earth because it moves the heart of man in a positive direction in a permanent way. Do not give up…for the powerhouse of this True Love from the Star of Love in Heaven is always within reach, always accessible to all who seek it. It is worthy of repeating…God’s eternal plan was never for the world to be starving but rather the Earth was used as a sieve to separate out good from evil, love from hate, so that He can build a Super Community that consists only of the best of the best beautiful emotions in the world. So if God is separating love from hate, our own human body, spirit, soul and mind have to eradicate hate and fill up with love to have an opportunity to go past the pearly gates.

Have you petted and fed your evil positional coercive influences today?

• Haha 2
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Have you petted and fed your evil positional coercive influences today?

Please spay and neuter your evil positional coercive influences.

WTF is an evil positional coercive influence? Without the "evil," it just sounds like gravity to me. That's the influence that coerces me to stay in position, rather than floating around the room, and I don't consider it particularly evil.

I may have to change my FJ location for this juicy phrase.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

God’s eternal plan was never for the world to be starving but rather the Earth was used as a sieve to separate out good from evil, love from hate, so that He can build a Super Community that consists only of the best of the best beautiful emotions in the world.

And yet people are starving in Brentwood, Tennessee!  This devotional makes me suspect Gwen has been imbibing again (or possibly never stopped).  ?

• Upvote 5

I just came here to say I appreciate how people keep calling her Gwen Shamblin Lara. Hi Google bots! ? Hi Gwen Lara! ? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

evil positional coercive influences

I had to google it, i see others also are WTH about the phrase. So I found this presentation about positional power and personal power. It starts with:

Coercive power - punish subordinates for not meeting performance expectations or to deter subordinates from making decisions that will negatively affect the organization.

I seriously didn't push the play button on this video, I only read that slide*.

Is Gwen Shamblin Lara that dense that she doesn't realize that she has positional power and coercive power and she is the evil force? 

Positional power has to do with power within an organization, you have power because you are the supervisor, manager, director, etc. VS true leaders have power because of their ability to lead and not all leaders are in positional power. (my master's degree is in organizational leadership) 

*source: https://study.com/academy/lesson/positional-power-personal-power.html

Edited by quiversR4hunting
source; fixed quote
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

16 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Is Gwen Shamblin Lara that dense that she doesn't realize that she has positional power and coercive power and she is the evil force? 

Deep down, she believes that is she calls out someone/something else for having positional and coercive power, than it can be argued that she does not.  ie. "If I point out an abuser than there is no way that I am capable of abuse!"

Also, am I the only one who hears "Twoooo Wuvvvvv" from Princess Bride when reading these daily devotionals???

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Insightful said:

Also, am I the only one who hears "Twoooo Wuvvvvv" from Princess Bride when reading these daily devotionals???

No, you aren't the only one. I had that in my head yesterday! :pb_lol:

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
expanded a sentence and added a comma
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

On 8/29/2019 at 9:50 AM, thoughtful said:

Where, exactly, do bears shit?

And do they use Charmin?

• WTF 1
  • Haha 8

1. Geese were certainly created by the devil, have you ever actually met a goose Gwen? They are evil incarnate. I would not take them as a sign from God...

2.  I mention the leadership meetings in a post last week and I think it was @quiversR4hunting who remarked that their meetings were likely all gossip, and sure enough she's posting on her social media page about having a leadership meeting where they all prayed for the good of the church. Strange coincidence.

image.thumb.png.6da482a1299a656049b4b2830bde2a90.png

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Gwen, a group of geese is called a flock. If flying, they can be called a skein, if on the ground, a gaggle.

More important, you might want to think about the fact that you saw something perfectly normal and interpreted it as a sign just for you and your group, that your prayers for all pride to be removed were successful. 

:headdesk:  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

Ha! The bullshit generator yesterday:

kuva.png.d70778a8de2406cd496f649fd8772017.png

Gwen Shamblin Lara today:

Unfathomable Love

Spoiler

August 31, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

God is Love and has an altruistic love that is so unfathomable and so deep that we cannot possibly grasp it all…

Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned. Song of Solomon 8:6-7

This Love is so strong—many waters cannot quench it, nor can rivers wash it away. It is strong—there is no one you have ever known who was able to escape death. The love that God has for us is so strong that it is undeniable, unstoppable, inescapable. Rivers cannot quench it. It is a mighty flame. And if you have that kind of love, someone could offer you all the money in the world and you would say, “I would rather partake of God’s love more than taste the opportunity that all the money in the world would provide.”

God's love for us is so great that we will all die.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

Yes, it does look like Gwen Shamblin Lara posted a few Song of Solomon verses then ran it through the ol' bullshit generator to present it to her minions.

Random observation:  in the photo posted above of Gwod summoning the gweese, the Prophetess of Brentwood changes the term "Days of Awe" to "Day of Awes."  Does this mean she had to cut short the period of repentance to, say, head out with her Personal Shopper?  The real sign from God was when the geese kept flying and didn't stay to poop all over Gwen's lawn, lol.  (From personal experience, I, too, would consider this a blessing.)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

The daily devotionals have devolved into crazy nonsense. The content and tone seems to have changed so drastically from the original "growl"  posts so I decided to pull some old stuff for comparison.

All quotes are from @formergothardite and originally posted on 11/13/18. Can these devotionals still be found or has Gwen and Co. scrubbed them from the RF page? What happened to the growl? Do they still teach it behind closed doors? The old devotionals are still crazy but at least they're coherent crazy. 

Spoiler

We are going to wait for the growl, and then we are going to get exactly what we want to eat and we are going to tell ourselves, “I can eat this every time I growl for the rest of my life. And thank You, God. I can have this all the rest of my living days.” You do not need to be afraid of a certain food. You can still chop it up into small units, sip between bites and use all the tips you learned in Weigh Down Basics so you can slow down; then you look for that Way of Escape.

Spoiler

You literally abandoned what you were doing before; you abandoned dieting, and you got in there and started finding the growl. You were so excited wait­ing on that growl. You were so focused on finding the growl and finding the full, that suddenly you looked up and you had lost weight, and it was the most exciting thing you had ever done in your life

Spoiler

All I want you to focus on is the growl. The growl is God speaking to you. You can literally find God Almighty with a growl, and that is why you will want to wait.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

?

"This beloved couple is celebrating 17 years today!  Happy anniversary to the esteemed Michael & Erin!"

9 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

The daily devotionals have devolved into crazy nonsense. The content and tone seems to have changed so drastically from the original "growl"  posts so I decided to pull some old stuff for comparison.

All quotes are from @formergothardite and originally posted on 11/13/18. Can these devotionals still be found or has Gwen and Co. scrubbed them from the RF page? What happened to the growl? Do they still teach it behind closed doors? The old devotionals are still crazy but at least they're coherent crazy. 

Reveal hidden contents

We are going to wait for the growl, and then we are going to get exactly what we want to eat and we are going to tell ourselves, “I can eat this every time I growl for the rest of my life. And thank You, God. I can have this all the rest of my living days.” You do not need to be afraid of a certain food. You can still chop it up into small units, sip between bites and use all the tips you learned in Weigh Down Basics so you can slow down; then you look for that Way of Escape.

Reveal hidden contents

You literally abandoned what you were doing before; you abandoned dieting, and you got in there and started finding the growl. You were so excited wait­ing on that growl. You were so focused on finding the growl and finding the full, that suddenly you looked up and you had lost weight, and it was the most exciting thing you had ever done in your life

Reveal hidden contents

All I want you to focus on is the growl. The growl is God speaking to you. You can literally find God Almighty with a growl, and that is why you will want to wait.

Yes, Gwen Shamblin Lara and her brain-challenged Remnant Fellowship cult followers were discussing "the growl" as an important weight loss tool this past Wednesday evening on the sickening "You Can Overcome" show.

• Upvote 5

Wait, did she change her name back to Erin? I thought she was renamed Elle for a while, the way Michelle Shamblin turned into Elizabeth. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

What is with all the name changes?!? “Well, Isaac became Israel, and Abram became Abraham, and...”  It’s all very biblical ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

Ok so I’m wondering why there’s a picture of Erin’s parents but just one of Michael’s parents and his sister. 

Did David Shamblin not attend his own son’s wedding? Or did Gwen specifically ask for a picture without David because he was a part of the RF church? Because if I was happily married back in 2002, I would assume it would be a picture of the couple with both sets of parents. 

2907689A-7FA8-4A99-B8EE-53CB7FE548B7.jpeg

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok so I’m wondering why there’s a picture of Erin’s parents but just one of Michael’s parents and his sister. 

Did David Shamblin not attend his own son’s wedding? Or did Gwen specifically ask for a picture without David because he was a part of the RF church? Because if I was happily married back in 2002, I would assume it would be a picture of the couple with both sets of parents. 

2907689A-7FA8-4A99-B8EE-53CB7FE548B7.jpeg

Maybe he got photoshopped out?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

Maybe he got photoshopped out?

I was looking very closely for some signs of photoshopping and I didn’t see any. I’m leaning toward Gwen asking for a picture like this so she would have it for the cult. How many times did Gwen ask David to step out of a family picture? That’s what I would love to know.

• Upvote 4

Scary Transition for the Shambling family:

1.  Gwen once the owner of normal hair is now the proud owner of a teased out mess.

2.  Elizabeth was positively adorable.  She is cute at a normal weight with a real smile.  

3. Gwen had a premonition she was divorcing David and was not included in family wedding pictures.

4.  Michael was indeed happy at one point of his life. 

Sad state of affairs from where they where to where they are today. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic