IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 9: Perfecting Hypocrisy

Coconut Flan

36 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Catholics are welcome to have kids of all ages in the sanctuary during the entire mass. Even if they start to fuss. There are sometimes people or the priest that don't like this but as many priests say, they are our future so let them stay. I love it after the homily when a kid blurts something out when it is all quiet. Sometimes it is amen but usually it is something like "all done" (read that how a baby in a high chair would say all done when done with food), or "go now" or "why quiet?". I love hearing the little kids say something totally spontaneous during mass. I know the parents might be embarrassed but to me it reminds me that kids are just kids. But everyone has to remember Catholic services are only 1 hour or 1 hour 15 minutes, and some people still leave right after communion!

We do have the vestibule if someone feels the need to go there with a crying child but they don't have to go. My church also has religious ed from preschool -2nd grade during mass (not all Catholic churches are big enough to do this). There are options. 

As for the nonsense that kids understand what is begin taught the adults. That is what Church of Scientology says too. Did Gwen Shamblin Lara take that from Ron L. Hubbard? 

I remember this time when one time I stopped by a Regular Baptist  church , after I had discontinued attending services at the Church of the Nazarene .  There was a baby present , and in the middle of the sermon she cooed . The pastor smiled and said , " Grace says mwah " .  At first I didn't understand what he had meant , but then soon realized that the baby girl's name was Grace .  What a difference between this and the attitude of this one pastor at a Nazarene church I had attended whom believed that the sound of babies's voices detracts from the sanctity of the service , and so instructed parents to take their babies to the nursery .  And the average church service was only around 75 minutes on average also .  I think that Gwen Shamblin Lara , rather than taking cues from L. Ron Hubbard , more likely believes along the lines of the family integrated church

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Marmion said:

L. Ron Hubbard

oops, got his name backwards. Can I blame it on my 3 allergy meds I am currently on? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

universal success classes of Western culture

The what now?

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The irony is that when you care to make God and His Business look good thru your words and behavior, you will attract a like-minded spouse and obtain a good job.

Gwen's version of god is an elitist 80's yuppy. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

What gets me with all these cults/cultish churches & parachurches (iblp, ati, etc) are their utter ignorance or downright derision of appropriate/good/healthy child development. 

• Upvote 8

Today we learn that good behavior is not an option. So I have no choice but to tell you to bugger off you stinky effing wankers.

Spoiler

Returning to God’s Foundation

September 07, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

There is hope for the future. As we return to this foundation of God’s etiquette and His Commands, we have seen a transformation in our own lives and in those around us. Imagine a Heavenly Community…a place of gentleness, kindness and graciousness…filled with true etiquette and manners, a positive attitude and looking for the good in everyone. We experience this daily, and our children are grounded on this foundation, but I know that there is even more to go—this is exciting. The Bible teaches that good behavior is not an option, and God’s rules are standard and timeless.

The etiquette that is taught in this Royal Revival is for the good of God and His Kingdom first, for His glory, to make His Business—His Church and His Kingdom of Love—the best Business in the world. This true etiquette exists to honor His Son Jesus Christ who came down here to show us this behavior, and for everyone to honor their parents. If you behave correctly, you will win over both Saints and the world with your good behavior. Learn the true etiquette taught by the Heavens, for it is our behavior that will be evaluated in Heaven. My prayer is that the word etiquette, meaning “to stick,” will stick to us and be a part of our moral fabric. May God and His etiquette rule the world. May His Will and His beautiful etiquette and manners be done on Earth as they are in Heaven.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

Gwen Shamblin Lara, leader of the Remnant Fellowship anorexia glorifying cult says:

May His Will and His beautiful etiquette and manners be done on Earth as they are in Heaven.

To me, categorizing God's will as etiquette trivializes it. To quote Miss Manners:

The difference between manners and morals is that, with manners, if there are no witnesses, it doesn't count.

I'm glad I want to follow God, instead of Gwod.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today we learn that good behavior is not an option. So I have no choice but to tell you to bugger off you stinky effing wankers.

Hide contents

Returning to God’s Foundation

September 07, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

There is hope for the future. As we return to this foundation of God’s etiquette and His Commands, we have seen a transformation in our own lives and in those around us. Imagine a Heavenly Community…a place of gentleness, kindness and graciousness…filled with true etiquette and manners, a positive attitude and looking for the good in everyone. We experience this daily, and our children are grounded on this foundation, but I know that there is even more to go—this is exciting. The Bible teaches that good behavior is not an option, and God’s rules are standard and timeless.

The etiquette that is taught in this Royal Revival is for the good of God and His Kingdom first, for His glory, to make His Business—His Church and His Kingdom of Love—the best Business in the world. This true etiquette exists to honor His Son Jesus Christ who came down here to show us this behavior, and for everyone to honor their parents. If you behave correctly, you will win over both Saints and the world with your good behavior. Learn the true etiquette taught by the Heavens, for it is our behavior that will be evaluated in Heaven. My prayer is that the word etiquette, meaning “to stick,” will stick to us and be a part of our moral fabric. May God and His etiquette rule the world. May His Will and His beautiful etiquette and manners be done on Earth as they are in Heaven.

Gwen Shamblin Lara spouting trite, hypocritical jibberish as usual. She's the queen of rudeness herself , so it's all very ironic.

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

...to make His Business—His Church and His Kingdom of Love—the best Business in the world.

At least she's telling the truth here. Religion has indeed been a profitable business for Gwen. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

@quiversR4hunting, the late pastor of my former church actually announced from the pulpit that forcing too-young kids to stay at Mass and keep quiet and perfectly behaved is a surefire way to get them to hate coming to church. (We had a co-op nursery during one Mass, where parents and teen volunteers took turns taking care of the littlest kids.) He said, “Jesus taught the grownups—he played with the kids.”

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Hane said:

@quiversR4hunting, the late pastor of my former church actually announced from the pulpit that forcing too-young kids to stay at Mass and keep quiet and perfectly behaved is a surefire way to get them to hate coming to church. (We had a co-op nursery during one Mass, where parents and teen volunteers took turns taking care of the littlest kids.) He said, “Jesus taught the grownups—he played with the kids.”

I grew up in a baptist church. All the children sat in church for like the first 20 minutes. Then we were all called to the front for the children’s bible lesson. We sat there listening to our short bible story before we were dismissed to the classroom downstairs where we would make some sort of craft pertaining to the Bible story. I remember being really sad when I got to be too old for it and had to sit and listen to the whole sermon in the pews with everyone else. I was often bored out of my mind but I would play hang man with my cousin or pass notes or doodle.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

@JermajestyDuggar, that’s what my UU church used to do when we had a larger number of kids in the congregation. Now that there are fewer, we’ll be concentrating on holding the kinds of services that appeal to all ages.

• Upvote 2

Today in "Upper Class and Stuck in the 1870s" we learn that  people who pay for finishing schools  can have neither  friends nor social skills. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finishing_school

Spoiler

God’s Beautiful Etiquette

September 08, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Good etiquette is only possible when you genuinely love GOD and His Ten Commandments from deep inside your heart. However, etiquette courses and multiple finishing schools all claim to teach proper etiquette. People pay for and take courses to polish the outside, but they never achieve appropriate social interaction, so they never seem to have true friends or maintain relationships of any depth. They are instructed on how to greet others, on the polite way to eat, the proper use of cell phones, and they are given general business etiquette tips. However, these learned skills are never natural, and true etiquette never becomes a part of their heart or their defining characteristics—and you will see the difference in their behavior, especially at home. They may smile, but underneath they are full of hate toward you, the world and their life situation. In fact, Psalm 55 points this out: His speech is smooth as butter, yet war is in his heart; his words are more soothing than oil, yet they are drawn swords. Psalm 55:21

God is the Creator of all social graces and the true Source of this beautiful behavior. In addition, beautiful behavior is taught and lived out by His Prophets and Angels. There is a proper way to behave, and our bodies are here to house the sacred Spirit of God, the characteristics of the Heavenly Father. There is only one way to lay a foundation for proper behavior and God’s course of etiquette, and that is with God’s Holy, perfect Spirit that gives you His behavior, which is from the Ancient of Times—behaviors that He has selected to be the very ones that are the perfect way to live and respond so that there is a world of peace about us.

I don't know anybody who paid for etiquette courses to instruct them how to use cell phones. Is this a thing?

The only place I've come across finishing schools is regency romance novels.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today in "Upper Class and Stuck in the 1870s" we learn that  people who pay for finishing schools  can have neither  friends nor social skills. 

Hide contents

September 08, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Good etiquette is only possible when you genuinely love GOD and His Ten Commandments from deep inside your heart. However, etiquette courses and multiple finishing schools all claim to teach proper etiquette. People pay for and take courses to polish the outside, but they never achieve appropriate social interaction, so they never seem to have true friends or maintain relationships of any depth. They are instructed on how to greet others, on the polite way to eat, the proper use of cell phones, and they are given general business etiquette tips. However, these learned skills are never natural, and true etiquette never becomes a part of their heart or their defining characteristics—and you will see the difference in their behavior, especially at home. They may smile, but underneath they are full of hate toward you, the world and their life situation. In fact, Psalm 55 points this out: His speech is smooth as butter, yet war is in his heart; his words are more soothing than oil, yet they are drawn swords. Psalm 55:21

God is the Creator of all social graces and the true Source of this beautiful behavior. In addition, beautiful behavior is taught and lived out by His Prophets and Angels. There is a proper way to behave, and our bodies are here to house the sacred Spirit of God, the characteristics of the Heavenly Father. There is only one way to lay a foundation for proper behavior and God’s course of etiquette, and that is with God’s Holy, perfect Spirit that gives you His behavior, which is from the Ancient of Times—behaviors that He has selected to be the very ones that are the perfect way to live and respond so that there is a world of peace about us.

I don't know anybody who paid for etiquette courses to instruct them how to use cell phones. Is this a thing?

I’ve known of teens taking etiquette courses. Mostly because their parents think they need them. But they are just once a week type classes on how to not eat like a goat at a fancy restaurant and how to politely meet someone new. I teach my kids this stuff at home so I can’t see myself signing them up for a class in a few years.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

September 08, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

I imagine that Gwen feels this way because she doesn't want to run the risk of any of the youth encountering outside influences . This would fall under thought control  .  

10. Labeling alternative belief systems as illegitimate, evil, or not useful 

http://old.freedomofmind.com/Info/BITE/bitemodel.php   But it can also be said that some cults , such as the IBLP , actually employ something like a finishing school for the purpose of indoctrination .  https://heresyintheheartland.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-stepford-daughters.html  

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Hane said:

This is how I feel. I understand the idea of the family integrated church, and I believe that kids should be a part of service. I love how a lot of churches keep the kids in for worship before they're dismissed... I think (and hope) it reminds them that this is their church and they're a valued part of it... but they're kids. I never thought of it that way, but he was right - Jesus taught and lectured and spoke in parables to the adults... he let the children come to him and gave them love, not lectures.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

It sounds RF tries to keep its members busy all week.  Is Sunday an exception?

They do the jewish sabbath thing on Saturday, right?  So is Sunday like their only off day?

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

It sounds RF tries to keep its members busy all week.  Is Sunday an exception?

They do the jewish sabbath thing on Saturday, right?  So is Sunday like their only off day?

This falls under behavior control , on the B.I.T.E. model  .  

Restrict leisure time and activities  

From personal observation , due to having had  some extended family that's Apostolic Pentecostal ,  I can tell you that holding lengthy services on every day except about two at the most , really creates oppressive living conditions . When you randomly stop by to visit , they are either at church , out shopping , or getting caught up on household chores . In the latter instance , I remember that my uncle had threatened to inflict pain upon my female cousins , as they were spending time visiting with my sister and I , instead of folding laundry  .  Also , he hadn't liked the way that one of the girls had ironed his dress shirt .  Since he had to look perfect , since he's their church's preacher , don't you know .   But yeah , reversing the biblical commandment on honoring the sabbath day , by holding perpetual revival services , will have the effect of reducing women in particular to the status of household slaves .  

• Upvote 5

Today we talk about organ transplants:

Spoiler

Gaining a New Life and a New Heart

September 09, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

How do you get the beautiful Spirit and gracious etiquette from above? You cannot buy it, nor can you obtain it from simply begging for it from the Heavens. The Bible teaches us that the only way to obtain this priceless Spirit is to empty out and cease your old behavior, and then to act in a new way of life following Christ. You have to stop loving idols—end what you have been doing, and then start a new way of life of loving God more. Another way to express this is to surrender or give up your old wants and ambitions and now become a servant of the Most High God. Jesus Christ would call this “repentance,” and we must have genuine, true and sure repentance and then be baptized into the love and the life of Jesus Christ. Then you will receive the Holy Spirit of God, and it will continue to grow as long as you live in obedience to the Will of God in your life. Jesus described it like a spring of everlasting water where you will never be thirsty.

Nothing new here, repent and give up your selfish desires, serve God and let the Spirit fill you... but "gracious etiquette" is such a weird phrasing IMO. The word etiquette reminds me of the pharisees who went through the motions to look better instead of people who got love in their hearts.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

59 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today we talk about organ transplants:

Hide contents

Gaining a New Life and a New Heart

September 09, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

How do you get the beautiful Spirit and gracious etiquette from above? You cannot buy it, nor can you obtain it from simply begging for it from the Heavens. The Bible teaches us that the only way to obtain this priceless Spirit is to empty out and cease your old behavior, and then to act in a new way of life following Christ. You have to stop loving idols—end what you have been doing, and then start a new way of life of loving God more. Another way to express this is to surrender or give up your old wants and ambitions and now become a servant of the Most High God. Jesus Christ would call this “repentance,” and we must have genuine, true and sure repentance and then be baptized into the love and the life of Jesus Christ. Then you will receive the Holy Spirit of God, and it will continue to grow as long as you live in obedience to the Will of God in your life. Jesus described it like a spring of everlasting water where you will never be thirsty.

Nothing new here, repent and give up your selfish desires, serve God and let the Spirit fill you... but "gracious etiquette" is such a weird phrasing IMO. The word etiquette reminds me of the pharisees who went through the motions to look better instead of people who got love in their hearts.

This would fall under loading the language    https://www.decision-making-confidence.com/cult-tactics.html   ,  http://www.rationalrevelation.com/tr/loadlang.html   ,  https://www.culteducation.com/brainwashing19.html#Loading the Language .  And like so many other things characteristic of Remnant Fellowship , it also falls on the  BITE model  , under thought control .  

Use loaded language and cliches to stop complex thought

Here is some common jargon use by the  International Church of Christ  ,  which according to this lecture 

, Gwen Shamblin herself had been influenced by , early on .    

• Upvote 5

Yeah I agree. It is definitely loading the language. I don’t even think Gwen does it purposefully. It’s more like when a second-grader gets assigned an essay topic that they don’t have any deep thoughts on, so they sit down at the computer and start out: “Webster’s dictionary defines ‘etiquette’ as...” (Gwen actually started a language-loading sermon with that phrase at least once many years ago, I think regarding the word ‘forgiveness’ but not sure).

She Googles a few things, then tells people she is digging deep into history to find God’s forgotten wisdom and commands. Then for the next few weeks all of her homilies will be about the “revelations” God has given her on the topic of etiquette, how Satan has twisted the meaning over time and now everyone else misunderstands what it is really supposed to be like, and how the Remnant will be set apart because they will practice the true meaning of the word and receive blessings for doing so. And of course, it would be the complete opposite of etiquette to ever think for yourself or question your church authority’s “wisdom.”

Voila, the language is now loaded, and Gwen has bought herself another few weeks of control over her followers. The topic of conversation at all the social gatherings will be how the prophetess’ teachings on “true” etiquette have changed their lives.  It’s honestly hilarious how repetitive this pattern is. She does this with a new word every so often and people still never seem to notice how they are being manipulated. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

gracious etiquette

?So I googled this term because quite honestly, it just sounds stupid.  One of the first sites that popped up was a "Miss Manner's" style site discussing how you GRACIOUSLY eat soup! ? LOL!!!  She sure is coining a bunch of new phrases I haven't heard from RF before.  More BITE stuff for sure!

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, throwaway9988 said:

Yeah I agree. It is definitely loading the language. I don’t even think Gwen does it purposefully. It’s more like when a second-grader gets assigned an essay topic that they don’t have any deep thoughts on, so they sit down at the computer and start out: “Webster’s dictionary defines ‘etiquette’ as...” (Gwen actually started a language-loading sermon with that phrase at least once many years ago, I think regarding the word ‘forgiveness’ but not sure).

She Googles a few things, then tells people she is digging deep into history to find God’s forgotten wisdom and commands. Then for the next few weeks all of her homilies will be about the “revelations” God has given her on the topic of etiquette, how Satan has twisted the meaning over time and now everyone else misunderstands what it is really supposed to be like, and how the Remnant will be set apart because they will practice the true meaning of the word and receive blessings for doing so. And of course, it would be the complete opposite of etiquette to ever think for yourself or question your church authority’s “wisdom.”

Voila, the language is now loaded, and Gwen has bought herself another few weeks of control over her followers. The topic of conversation at all the social gatherings will be how the prophetess’ teachings on “true” etiquette have changed their lives.  It’s honestly hilarious how repetitive this pattern is. She does this with a new word every so often and people still never seem to notice how they are being manipulated. 

Incidentally , this is in common with Scientology .  It's known as " word clearing "  .  For those who are able and willing to stomach it , here is a video intended for children , from the Church of Scientology , which explains what is meant by " misunderstood words " .   

1 hour ago, Marmion said:

Incidentally , this is in common with Scientology .  It's known as " word clearing "  .  For those who are able and willing to stomach it , here is a video intended for children , from the Church of Scientology , which explains what is meant by " misunderstood words " .   

Unbelievably awful. And, wow, Scientology is so similar to the Remnant Fellowship cult in how it uses innocent children.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

47 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

Unbelievably awful. And, wow, Scientology is so similar to the Remnant Fellowship cult in how it uses innocent children.

I think that this is because both Scientology and Remnant Fellowship are types of self improvement cults .  Only Remnant Fellowship has the added distinction of being Bible based .  http://www.apologeticsindex.org/c09a04.html  

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic