IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 9: Perfecting Hypocrisy

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, MeanieMe said:

I wonder if Gwen would advise people with schizophrenia to stop their antipsychotics.... Many forms of schizphrenia can be successfully controlled with antipsychotics, people can lead normal lives ONLY if their take their medication. If someone started having a huge fit of delirium in the middle of a Remnant Fellowship service, then maybe she'd change her mind. I mean, she did change her mind about divorce, right? :teasing-dunce:

I don’t remember for certain, but I feel like Gwen doesn't believe schizophrenia is a real thing....I think she basically said it is a result of not following God....

also I’m sure tomorrow will be fun since this devo was labeled part 1z

Edited by RFsurvivor
Hit send to early
  • Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

I don’t remember for certain, but I feel like Gwen doesn't believe schizophrenia is a real thing....I think she basically said it is a result of not following God....

Mental illness being yet another thing for  which she has no understanding. 

Argh! This woman is so full of herself!:angry-screaming:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

Sad to think her daughter could very well be dying from a mental illness. Wonder what Gwen would chalk it up to. So so sad. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

I have a couple of questions --

What is it with the way they all raise only their right hands during worship? Is there a theological reason they give or is it something similar to the color coordinated clothes? (So they all look perfect for the photos.)

Stumbled across the Yelp review of RF and checked out the photos. I assume this is from "History of the One True God." I'm curious what she means by "your assigned antagonist." We all have people who annoy us but they are assigned? Holy cannoli!1911196140_AssignedAntagonist.thumb.PNG.ba7f30fd6ed3532c50ad5087f56cf800.PNG

• Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

What is it with the way they all raise only their right hands during worship? Is there a theological reason they give or is it something similar to the color coordinated clothes? (So they all look perfect for the photos.)

Stumbled across the Yelp review of RF and checked out the photos. I assume this is from "History of the One True God." I'm curious what she means by "your assigned antagonist." We all have people who annoy us but they are assigned? Holy cannoli!1911196140_AssignedAntagonist.thumb.PNG.ba7f30fd6ed3532c50ad5087f56cf800.PNG

What on earth did I just read? Assigned antagonist?  The devil must be running amuck in the Remnant!!! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I'm curious what she means by "your assigned antagonist." We all have people who annoy us but they are assigned? Holy cannoli!1911196140_AssignedAntagonist.thumb.PNG.ba7f30fd6ed3532c50ad5087f56cf800.PNG

Anyone who tries to tell you that Remnant/WeighDown is a cult isn’t actually using their common sense or lovingly keeping your best interests in mind—they are an Antagonist secretly being controlled by demons who want to keep you from emulating Gwen’s amaaazing relationship with God!

It’s all part of the brainwashing designed to isolate you from your friends/family and not listen to reason while you are being pressured to move to Tennessee and fall even further under their control. 

Also, it cracks me up that Gwen no longer just capitalizes “God” like other Christians, but apparently now writes it in medieval calligraphy like some sort of long-forgotten magical recipe that only she has uncovered ?

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

It sounds like mind control. If anyone tells you home truths about RF , cut them off.

Today's Delusional is Part 2 of Blah Alcohol Blah. TL;DR: If you're not in RF it's a miracle you're not dead.

There is a bit of honesty in the end (no doubt unintentional) . Yes Gwen, people can tell you're greedy for wealth. 

Spoiler

How to Overcome Alcohol Addiction Part II – The Impact

October 17, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

This substance abuse, like tobacco, can start in the teen years for various reasons. In fact, survey results from the National Institute of Health indicate that 28.6 percent of the 12th graders and 40 percent of the college students reported binge drinking. Again, “binge drinking” is defined as five or more drinks on the same occasion. Surveys reveal that binge drinkers can down as many as six to nine drinks in one setting. Binge drinking is even more prevalent in the 20s and 30s, and it peaks at the age of 35 to 44—a time associated with the peak strain of life. Alcohol poisoning from binge drinking—a medical emergency that results from acute high blood alcohol levels—is a reality. Since it affects the central nervous system, it causes a loss of consciousness, low blood pressure, body temperature comas, respiratory depression, and possible death.

Without knowing God, life becomes more of a burden and overwhelming. When people do not know God and do not experience answered prayers—a relationship with God and getting all of their problems solved—they find themselves escaping and coping with alcohol. Just as it is in most dependencies or substance abuses, most people do not know that they have a problem. Over the years I have found that most people think that no one sees their stronghold, their sin, their vice, but it is quite the opposite. People are polite, but they know pretty quickly if you are overdrinking, involved in an affair, greedy for wealth, etc. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

17 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

ust as it is in most dependencies or substance abuses, most people do not know that they have a problem. Over the years I have found that most people think that no one sees their stronghold, their sin, their vice, but it is quite the opposite. People are polite, but they know pretty quickly if you are overdrinking, involved in an affair, greedy for wealth, etc. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Gwen, people are not just being polite, they fear your wrath, but people know you have a problem. We remember you admitted to drinking too much and I bet everyone around you notices that, especially since you also admit you wont' eat at events, you just drink. Everyone also knows that you suffer from greed because of your wealth. Just look at your house, and your expensive lifestyle!

Time to repent Gwen, sell all that stuff, give up your alcohol and diet coke!

• Upvote 11

One thing I find interesting is that she is quotes statistics but not providing sources. I would be curious to see the actual sources and if the stats she pulled mean what she claims in context of the study.

She has a science based degree, right? She should know better ?

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

—a time associated with the peak strain of life.

Strain of life? WTH?? She sure has some odd expressions. 

Anyone who tries to tell you that Remnant/WeighDown is a cult isn’t actually using their common sense or lovingly keeping your best interests in mind—they are an Antagonist secretly being controlled by demons who want to keep you from emulating Gwen’s amaaazing relationship with God!

Right! And she makes it sound like they've been assigned the role of antagonist. Who does she think assigned them to antagonize you? Satan?

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Also, it cracks me up that Gwen no longer just capitalizes “God” like other Christians, but apparently now writes it in medieval calligraphy like some sort of long-forgotten magical recipe that only she has uncovered

The stylized "G" in God actually looks a little like the letter "W" - so...Gwod.  ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

from gwen: "When people do not know God and do not experience answered prayers—a relationship with God and getting all of their problems solved—they find themselves escaping and coping with alcohol."

wtf? I have several friends that are agnostics or maybe they are atheists (I don't know and don't care, it has no bearing on our friendship) and guess what, they have had tough things happen to them yet they don't escape using alcohol. In fact one I know, went through a bad divorce and his escape has been volunteering at school, practicing and teaching yoga. Another one just went through a bad break up from a multi-year relationship. Her life hasn't really changed outside of her buying her own home and having a more peaceful home life. 

Gwen Shamblin Lara, believe it or not, not everyone has addictive personalities. Some people cope with the ups and downs of life by just coping and processing the events and working through them. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

43 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Who does she think assigned them to antagonize you? Satan?

Well....Satan did assign me to antagonize Gwen!:angry-devil: 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Soooooooo... she should have just respected and hoped and prayed instead of getting a divorce?

What's crazy is I remember when that was her core teaching. That if your spouse wasn't in RF you were to just be the most perfect spouse ever to show them that RF was making you awesome so they'd want to join. There was a time when I thought I specifically remember her teaching NOT to leave your spouse.

But, of course, the almighty Gwen has a direct line to God who, I'm sure, told her that HER situation was special and SHE really did NEED to divorce David and remarry in quick fashion. It definitely couldn't have been that she met this guy while still married and decided, "You know what, I DO want someone who worships the ground I walk on..."

• Upvote 10

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

But, of course, the almighty Gwen has a direct line to God who, I'm sure, told her that HER situation was special and SHE really did NEED to divorce David and remarry in quick fashion. It definitely couldn't have been that she met this guy while still married and decided, "You know what, I DO want someone who worships the ground I walk on..."

I went to the RF website and tried to read the new policy on divorce to see how she justified it. But, oh, my gosh, I could NOT force myself through it. It was so L-O-N-G and convoluted, I just couldn't force myself through it.

https://www.remnantfellowship.org/About-Our-Church/What-We-Believe/Divorce-and-Remarriage

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I went to the RF website and tried to read the new policy on divorce to see how she justified it. But, oh, my gosh, I could NOT force myself through it. It was so L-O-N-G and convoluted, I just couldn't force myself through it.

https://www.remnantfellowship.org/About-Our-Church/What-We-Believe/Divorce-and-Remarriage

I’m on an iphone plus and it took 28 screenshots to get it all!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Right! And she makes it sound like they've been assigned the role of antagonist. Who does she think assigned them to antagonize you? Satan?

Yes, that is literally what they believe. That anyone who isn’t in Remnant is an unwitting agent of Satan, with the goal of tearing down Remnant and tricking more souls into going to Hell. Kind of like how in the Matrix, all of the people who were still trapped in the Matrix were unwittingly eyes/ears for Agent Smith and their bodies could be taken over at any time.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

It sounds like mind control. If anyone tells you home truths about RF , cut them off.

Today's Delusional is Part 2 of Blah Alcohol Blah. TL;DR: If you're not in RF it's a miracle you're not dead.

There is a bit of honesty in the end (no doubt unintentional) . Yes Gwen, people can tell you're greedy for wealth. 

Hide contents

How to Overcome Alcohol Addiction Part II – The Impact

October 17, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

This substance abuse, like tobacco, can start in the teen years for various reasons. In fact, survey results from the National Institute of Health indicate that 28.6 percent of the 12th graders and 40 percent of the college students reported binge drinking. Again, “binge drinking” is defined as five or more drinks on the same occasion. Surveys reveal that binge drinkers can down as many as six to nine drinks in one setting. Binge drinking is even more prevalent in the 20s and 30s, and it peaks at the age of 35 to 44—a time associated with the peak strain of life. Alcohol poisoning from binge drinking—a medical emergency that results from acute high blood alcohol levels—is a reality. Since it affects the central nervous system, it causes a loss of consciousness, low blood pressure, body temperature comas, respiratory depression, and possible death.

Without knowing God, life becomes more of a burden and overwhelming. When people do not know God and do not experience answered prayers—a relationship with God and getting all of their problems solved—they find themselves escaping and coping with alcohol. Just as it is in most dependencies or substance abuses, most people do not know that they have a problem. Over the years I have found that most people think that no one sees their stronghold, their sin, their vice, but it is quite the opposite. People are polite, but they know pretty quickly if you are overdrinking, involved in an affair, greedy for wealth, etc. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

More specifically , this constitutes emotional control   .  

8. Phobia indoctrination: inculcating irrational fears about leaving the group or questioning the leader’s authority 
   a. No happiness or fulfillment possible outside of the group 
   b. Terrible consequences if you leave: hell, demon possession, incurable diseases, accidents, suicide, insanity, 10,000 reincarnations, etc. 

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I believe it comes down to a line that says something like "If they aren't supporting and encouraging your spiritual gifts..." or something like that. In other words... David wasn't supporting her "spiritual gift" of RF and WD so she was allowed to leave him.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Hi all,

I’m new here. Just been lurking and reading for a while. I am so fascinated with this topic for many reasons. My question today is where in the world is Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah? There are no pictures of her posted in months, and she hasn’t been in any recent videos. 

• Upvote 7

22 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

So- what if your "assigned antagonist" is your child? Are you still supposed to limit the time you spend with them as much as possible? Send the kid to his room all day?

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

As for the right hand thing, when I was a member there was nothing about which hand and I think it is mostly due to right hand dominance....granted most people only used one hand in order to not seem like they were overly zealous/seemed fake during worship. Some people were judged for using both hands and making worship “about them”.

so the history of the one true god book came out near the end of my time there and I was already out enough that I could not for the life of me stomach reading it. I was a good member and bought it right when it was released, but I don’t think I ever read more than 4 pages of it. Due to that, I have no clue what she is talking about! ?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

The last couple of days the question was how to get rid of addictions and we finally got to the answer part, and as far as I can tell the answer is just to get rid of them and learn to practice moderation. Easypeasy. 

You should not drink too much alcohol because God and Jesus do not drink too much alcohol. (How much diet Coke do they drink?)

Spoiler

How to Overcome Alcohol Addiction Part III – The Answer

October 18, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

When you choose the wrong comfort and help in life, the effects are far-reaching.  God cannot be mocked and His words in Deuteronomy 28 do not fall to the ground. Bowing down to and indulging with alcohol will ultimately affect you financially and relationally, including loss of productivity, unemployment, family problems, and possible divorce. People think that they can keep going across the boundary lines and escape the consequences.   Can the liver regenerate?    Yes, if you repent, stop drinking for a while, and once your health returns and your liver has healed, then return only to moderation.  Ask for God’s Spirit, because God does not overdrink and Christ did not overdrink, therefore Christians are not to overdrink.   The Apostle Paul in Ephesians urged us not to be drunk with wine but rather be drunk with the Spirit of God.  “Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.” Ephesians 5:18

With God’s Holy, incredibly temperate Spirit, you can have a drink and not overdrink… you can have a meal and not binge… you can have a pipe or cigar to celebrate a newborn. Moderation—temperance—is what is acceptable for God’s Holy people. Ephesians 5:15-20 says:

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

Deuteronomy 28 says, 

Spoiler

Deuteronomy, chapter 

Blessings for Obedience.1Now,a b if you diligently obey the voice of the LORD, your God, carefully observing all his commandments which I give you today, the LORD, your God, will set you high above all the nations of the earth.c2All these blessings will come upon you and overwhelm you when you obey the voice of the LORD, your God:

3d May you be blessed in the city,

and blessed in the country!

4Blessed be the fruit of your womb,

the produce of your soil and the offspring of your livestock,

the issue of your herds and the young of your flocks!e

5Blessed be your grain basket and your kneading bowl!

6May you be blessed in your coming in,

and blessed in your going out!* f

Victory and Prosperity.7The LORD will beat down before you the enemies that rise up against you; they will come out against you from one direction, and flee before you in seven.* g8The LORD will affirm the blessing upon you, on your barns and on all your undertakings; he will bless you in the land that the LORD, your God, is giving you.9The LORD will establish you as a holy people, as he swore to you,h if you keep the commandments of the LORD, your God, and walk in his ways.10All the peoples of the earth will see that the name of the LORD is proclaimed over you,* and they will be afraid of you.i11The LORD will generously increase the fruit of your womb, the offspring of your livestock, and the produce of your soil, upon the land which the LORD swore to your ancestors he would give you.j12The LORD will open up for you his rich storehouse, the heavens, to give your land rain in due season and to bless all the works of your hands. You will lend to many nations but borrow from none.k13The LORD will make you the head not the tail, the top not the bottom, if you obey the commandments of the LORD, your God, which I am giving you today, observing them carefully,14not turning aside, either to the right or to the left, from any of the words which I am giving you today, following other gods and serving them.l

Curses for Disobedience.15But if you do not obey the voice of the LORD, your God,m carefully observing all his commandments and statutes which I give you today, all these curses shall come upon you and overwhelm you:

16n May you be cursed in the city, and cursed in the country!17Cursed be your grain basket and your kneading bowl!18Cursed be the fruit of your womb, the produce of your soil and the offspring of your livestock, the issue of your herds and the young of your flocks!19May you be cursed in your coming in, and cursed in your going out!

Sickness and Defeat.20The LORD will send on you a curse, panic, and frustration in everything you set your hand to, until you are speedily destroyed and perish for the evil you have done in forsaking me.21o The LORD will make disease cling to you until he has made an end of you from the land you are entering to possess.22The LORD will strike you with consumption, fever, and inflammation, with fiery heat and drought, with blight and mildew, that will pursue you until you perish.23The heavens over your heads will be like bronze and the earth under your feet like iron.p24For rain the LORD will give your land powdery dust, which will come down upon you from the heavens until you are destroyed.25The LORD will let you be beaten down before your enemies; though you advance against them from one direction, you will flee before them in seven,* so that you will become an object of horror to all the kingdoms of the earth.q26Your corpses will become food for all the birds of the air and for the beasts of the field, with no one to frighten them off.r27The LORD will strike you with Egyptian boilss and with tumors, skin diseases and the itch, from none of which you can be cured.28t And the LORD will strike you with madness, blindness and panic,29so that even at midday you will grope in the dark as though blind, unable to find your way.

Despoilment. You will be oppressed and robbed continually, with no one to come to your aid.30Though you betroth a wife, another will have her. Though you build a house, you will not live in it. Though you plant a vineyard, you will not pluck its fruits.u31v Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will not eat its flesh. Your donkey will be stolen in your presence, but you will never get it back. Your flocks will be given to your enemies, with no one to come to your aid.32Your sons and daughters will be given to another people while you strain your eyes looking for them every day, having no power to do anything.33A people you do not know will consume the fruit of your soil and of all your labor, and you will be thoroughly oppressed and continually crushed,34until you are driven mad by what your eyes must look upon.35The LORD will strike you with malignant boils of which you cannot be cured, on your knees and legs, and from the soles of your feet to the crown of your head.

Exile.36w The LORD will bring you, and your king whom you have set over you, to a nation which you and your ancestors have not known, and there you will serve other gods, of wood and stone,37and you will be a horror, a byword, a taunt among all the peoples to which the LORD will drive you.

Fruitless Labors.38x Though you take out seed to your field, you will harvest but little, for the locusts will devour it.39Though you plant and cultivate vineyards, you will not drink or store up the wine, for the worms will eat them.40Though you have olive trees throughout your country, you will have no oil for ointment, for your olives will drop off.41Though you beget sons and daughters, they will not remain with you, for they will go into captivity.42Buzzing insects will take possession of all your trees and the crops of your soil.43y The resident aliens among you will rise above you higher and higher, while you sink lower and lower.44They will lend to you, not you to them. They will become the head, you the tail.

45All these curses will come upon you, pursuing you and overwhelming you, until you are destroyed, because you would not obey the voice of the LORD, your God, by keeping his commandments and statutes which he gave you.z46They will be a sign and a wonder* for you and your descendants for all time.47Since you would not serve the LORD, your God, with heartfelt joy for abundance of every kind,48in hunger and thirst, in nakedness and utter want, you will serve the enemies whom the LORD will send against you. He will put an iron yoke on your neck, until he destroys you.a

Invasion and Siege.49b The LORD will raise up against you a nation from afar, from the end of the earth, that swoops down like an eagle, a nation whose language you do not understand,50a nation of fierce appearance, that shows neither respect for the aged nor mercy for the young.51They will consume the offspring of your livestock and the produce of your soil, until you are destroyed; they will leave you no grain or wine or oil, no issue of herd, no young of flock, until they have brought about your ruin.52They will besiege you in each of your communities, until the great, fortified walls, in which you trust, come tumbling down all over your land. They will besiege you in every community throughout the land which the LORD, your God, has given you,53c and because of the siege and the distress to which your enemy subjects you, you will eat the fruit of your womb, the flesh of your own sons and daughters whom the LORD, your God, has given you.54The most refined and fastidious man among you will begrudge his brother and his beloved wife and his surviving children,55any share in the flesh of his children that he himself is using for food because nothing else is left him—such the siege and distress to which your enemy will subject you in all your communities.56The most fastidious woman among you, who would not venture to set the sole of her foot on the ground, so refined and fastidious is she, will begrudge her beloved husband and her son and daughter57the afterbirth that issues from her womb and the infants she brings forth because she secretly eats them for want of anything else—such the siege and distress to which your enemy will subject you in your communities.

Plagues.58If you are not careful to observe all the words of this law which is written in this book, and to fear this glorious and awesome name, the LORD, your God,d59e the LORD will bring upon you and your descendants wondrous calamities, severe and constant calamities, and malignant and constant sicknesses.60He will bring back upon you all the diseases of Egypt* which you dread, and they will cling to you.61Even any sickness or calamity not written in this book of the law, that too the LORD will bring upon you until you are destroyed.62You who were numerous as the stars of the heavensf will be left few in number, because you would not obey the voice of the LORD, your God.

Exile.63g Just as the LORD once took delight in making you prosper and grow, so will the LORD now take delight in ruining and destroying you, and you will be plucked out of the land you are now entering to possess.64The LORD will scatter you among all the peoples from one end of the earth to the other, and there you will serve other gods, of wood and stone, which you and your ancestors have not known.65Among these nations you will find no rest, not even a resting place for the sole of your foot, for there the LORD will give you an anguished heart and wearied eyes* and a trembling spirit.66Your life will hang in suspense and you will stand in dread both day and night, never sure of your life.67In the morning you will say, “Would that it were evening!” and in the evening you will say, “Would that it were morning!” because of the dread that your heart must feel and the sight that your eyes must see.68The LORD will send you back in ships to Egypt, by a route which I told you that you would never see again;h and there you will offer yourselves for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, but there will be no buyer.

69These are the words of the covenant which the LORD commanded Moses to make with the Israelites in the land of Moab, in addition to the covenant he made with them at Horeb.

You may call it a curse but I call it a typical Monday. Just the other day, I was trying to sell myself as a slave but no one would buy me because I had boils on my knees and a swarm of locusts in my kneading trough.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 2

Thanks to @AmazonGrace for  the Deuteronomy excerpt. This particular passage is one of many clear examples of the difference between the primitiveness of the Old Testament and the sophistication of the New Testament. They are like night and day.  Whenever a cult such as Gwen Shamblin Lara's Remnant Fellowship consistently stresses the Old Testament over the New, it marks them as a potentially brutish group to keep as far away from as possible.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic