IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 9: Perfecting Hypocrisy

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Absolutely. The Remnant Fellowship cult leaders claim that their faith is experimental. It is not. It is experiential. They do not allow experiments, objectivity, or philosophy of logic. Instead, they want you to try out an 8-12 week class during which every time you behave according to Gwen’s standards, you convince yourself that God is happy with you, whereas every time you fall short, you convince yourself that God is disappointed in you. Did you feel like you had a lot of religious experiences during the class? According to Gwen, you just did an “experiment” that proves that Remnant Fellowship is the true church.

“A bad tree cannot bear good fruit.” So long as the Remnant fellowship cult members keep convincing themselves that Gwen’s teachings are bearing any good fruit, then Gwen apparently must be a good tree, and every other criticism can be swept under the rug, out of sight and out of mind. Never mind the hypocrisy, the control, the widespread scientific and historical inaccuracies—as long as the RF members feel like they are having more numerous or more meaningful religious experiences than they had at other churches, they will never start thinking logically. They’ve been brainwashed not to.

Gwen repeatedly teaches them to interpret coincidences and random events in their daily lives as signs from God, which results in the RF members feeling like they are having numerous religious experiences each and every day...even though in reality they are just living normal lives while constantly lying to themselves that the pigeon that crossed their path was sent by God as a sign that He is happy with them and is taking care of them. These delusional thoughts are hilarious to outsiders, but the RF members are addicted to the feeling they get from lying to themselves that they are having a relationship with God that they never had in any other church. 

This is a very good explanation. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 10/12/2019 at 9:09 AM, SilverBeach said:

If she does, she will just disappear like David Miscaviges' wife Shelley, and no one wil be allowed to question where she is or why she isn't around anymore. Cult life. 

It’s sad but that’s exactly what would happen. I recall posters saying that people at RF don’t even really discuss funerals much or those that died.

• Upvote 7

13 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today's Delusional equates antidepressants prescribed by a doctor to treat a mental condition to harmful addictions. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20191014-120622.thumb.jpg.56b814f275e6ac4e5c214ca54c921ac3.jpg

I don't have any snark that is fit to print.

Yikes ! Even the perfectionist Church of the Nazarene doesn't necessarily go to that extreme .  http://2017.manual.nazarene.org/paragraph/p29/s6/   Even on the subject of diet , Gwen goes a bit more hardcore than the Nazarenes .  http://2017.manual.nazarene.org/paragraph/p928/   Nice going Gwen , this is one of the few times I have read a devotional by you that I don't feel that it could have just as well come from a Nazarene minister , rather it sounds more like an attempted Christianized version of Scientology .  https://www.scientology-lies.com/faq/teachings/medical-drugs.html   ,  https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/scientologys-war-on-medicine/   Only , the Nazarenes would interestingly enough be more stringent in one respect .  They would fault Gwen for her drinking .  http://2017.manual.nazarene.org/paragraph/p29/s5/   The rest of her message simply constitutes thought control , and indoctrination .  http://old.freedomofmind.com/Info/BITE/bitemodel.php#thought   In keeping with my point of comparison , here is a song I feel might sort of illustrate what thought control is , which I first heard at a Nazarene VBS , the very one I got saved at , incidentally .  

I would say that Remnant Fellowship is like the Holiness movement  on steroids , but I would imagine that Gwod has banned steroids too .   There , that's all the snark I could come up with that's fit to print . 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Absolutely. The Remnant Fellowship cult leaders claim that their faith is experimental. It is not. It is experiential. They do not allow experiments, objectivity, or philosophy of logic. Instead, they want you to try out an 8-12 week class during which every time you behave according to Gwen’s standards, you convince yourself that God is happy with you, whereas every time you fall short, you convince yourself that God is disappointed in you. Did you feel like you had a lot of religious experiences during the class? According to Gwen, you just did an “experiment” that proves that Remnant Fellowship is the true church.

“A bad tree cannot bear good fruit.” So long as the Remnant fellowship cult members keep convincing themselves that Gwen’s teachings are bearing any good fruit, then Gwen apparently must be a good tree, and every other criticism can be swept under the rug, out of sight and out of mind. Never mind the hypocrisy, the control, the widespread scientific and historical inaccuracies—as long as the RF members feel like they are having more numerous or more meaningful religious experiences than they had at other churches, they will never start thinking logically. They’ve been brainwashed not to.

Gwen repeatedly teaches them to interpret coincidences and random events in their daily lives as signs from God, which results in the RF members feeling like they are having numerous religious experiences each and every day...even though in reality they are just living normal lives while constantly lying to themselves that the pigeon that crossed their path was sent by God as a sign that He is happy with them and is taking care of them. These delusional thoughts are hilarious to outsiders, but the RF members are addicted to the feeling they get from lying to themselves that they are having a relationship with God that they never had in any other church. 

I can't possibly agree with everything you said more!

A bit more on the bolded section... even if she WAS trying to make you "experiment" with WD and RF to see if it works... no matter what, she's twisted it so she wins.

If you lost weight, it was 100% because you've found the "true church" and the "true message." Nevermind the fact that anyone who quits eating solely because they're bored will loose weight, WD/RF or not... your weight loss is proof that you've found God's one true home.

If you DIDN'T loose weight, it doesn't mean that WD/RF are wrong... or that you haven't found the "true church" and the "true message." It 100% means that YOU simply didn't do it right. YOU failed. YOU didn't go "all in" and give everything to God. So take another class and THIS time when you go all in, you'll loose weight, and it will prove that you've found God's "true church," etc... 

• Upvote 13

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I recall posters saying that people at RF don’t even really discuss funerals much or those that died.

I wonder if any of our former RF folks can shed some light on this for us. I'm curious!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

23 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

I wonder if any of our former RF folks can shed some light on this for us. I'm curious!

I was only aware of three deaths of remnant members while I was actively involved. Two were children who passed away and a leader. All three were related to cancer. The funerals were small and only had a subset of people invited. I am not sure if any other former members can speak more to this topic...

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

Gwen, you started so well..you said tobacco is harmful and I agreed with you for once. But then you had to go and spoil it all by, "in spite of the research I believe this unsupported claptrap" 

Spoiler

How to Stop Smoking

October 15, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Smoking and tobacco use are a worldwide concern where 1 in 10 adults are smokers. In the United States, the number of smokers is about double, at one in five. According to statistics, every fifth person has an “addiction” to a tobacco product, including cigarettes, pipes, chewing tobacco, dipping tobacco, smokeless tobacco, and snuff.

Many diseases are linked to tobacco. Tobacco use causes more than 5 million deaths a year, and for every 1 person who dies from smoking, 20 more suffer from a smoking-related illness. For example, nicotine has been shown to accelerate cardiovascular disease and cancer of the lungs, larynx, neck, and mouth. Smoking also exacerbates asthma. On the average, smokers die 13 to 14 years earlier than non-smokers.  Tobacco-related illnesses are responsible for the deaths of 480,000 U.S. citizens per year—more Americans than the number who died in World War I and the Vietnam War combined. A very common manifestation of compulsive behavior is cigarette smoking. In spite of the research, I do not believe that the body craving nicotine is the big deterrent to quitting, but it is the dependency of an anxious spirit. As we have discussed before, I believe the soul’s enslavement is stronger than the body’s. The body is quite happy at the decrease of carbon monoxide down the lungs. But the ripping of the soul from the world affects body and soul. The withdrawals spiritually are hard to measure and vary from soul to soul.

If a person will redirect his focus from himself to God each time he feels the urge to smoke, he will reduce three packs a day down to zero. Keep a log and watch, for it is no different than ending head hunger. This is true not only of tobacco abuse, but also of alcohol and pills. Instead of the body being dependent on nicotine, it shows signs immediately that it loves any decrease or even quitting “cold turkey.” Though it can be temporarily very uncomfortable, I have never seen anyone harmed yet everyone helped when they ate less food, smoked fewer cigarettes, drank significantly less alcohol, or took fewer antidepressants. However, I see the withdrawal being severe if this gap or void is not filled in with God. The withdrawal is the soul ripping itself away from the world. It hurts. Only the Savior can dissolve this kind of superglue.

All these truths set you free to do what is right, and you will be blessed doing what is right! End the lies now. There is a place in the WeighDown workbooks for lies versus the truth.  Write them down, because it will set you so free to take responsibility and behave differently every day.

Gwen has never seen anyone harmed by eating less food or not taking their antidepressant medication. 

Gwen, FYI, starvation kills. Depression kills. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 3

quoted from above:

”In spite of the research, I do not believe that the body craving nicotine is the big deterrent to quitting, but it is the dependency of an anxious spirit. As we have discussed before, I believe the soul’s enslavement is stronger than the body’s. The body is quite happy at the decrease of carbon monoxide down the lungs. But the ripping of the soul from the world affects body and soul. The withdrawals spiritually are hard to measure and vary from soul to soul.

If a person will redirect his focus from himself to God each time he feels the urge to smoke, he will reduce three packs a day down to zero. Keep a log and watch, for it is no different than ending head hunger. This is true not only of tobacco abuse, but also of alcohol and pills. Instead of the body being dependent on nicotine, it shows signs immediately that it loves any decrease or even quitting “cold turkey.” Though it can be temporarily very uncomfortable, I have never seen anyone harmed yet everyone helped when they ate less food, smoked fewer cigarettes, drank significantly less alcohol, or took fewer antidepressants. However, I see the withdrawal being severe if this gap or void is not filled in with God. The withdrawal is the soul ripping itself away from the world. It hurts. Only the Savior can dissolve this kind of superglue.

All these truths set you free to do what is right, and you will be blessed doing what is right! End the lies now. There is a place in the WeighDown workbooks for lies versus the truth.  Write them down, because it will set you so free to take responsibility and behave differently every day.”

I don’t think Gwen understands how difficult withdrawl from something’s can be! There are some situations where if a person were to cold turkey and “replace with God” there body would basically go into shock....Gwen you may be a dietitian but you are NOT a doctor.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

41 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

I don’t think Gwen understands how difficult withdrawl from something’s can be! There are some situations where if a person were to cold turkey and “replace with God” there body would basically go into shock....Gwen you may be a dietitian but you are NOT a doctor.

Precisely.

We have witnesses many individuals in the cult who go “cold turkey” become gravely Ill, mentally unstable and even at times, become dangerous to themselves and others. Gwen often downplays the symptoms and overall severity of withdrawal(s). She has successfully replaced the word “withdrawal” with “testing” in be little “world”. She takes her concept of “testing” and uses it as a weapon to subtlety (and at times directly) belittle, break down and corner individuals so that she and her ilk can mold said individuals into whatever/whomever they please. 

It was incredibly sad to witness this on the daily. 

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 6

Gwen Shamblin Shamblin Lara is an addict many times over. Praise, adulation, and the limelight are among numerous things she's hooked on. I hope to see her go through cold-turkey withdrawal from these someday soon.

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen, you started so well..you said tobacco is harmful and I agreed with you for once. But then you had to go and spoil it all by, "in spite of the research I believe this unsupported claptrap" 

Reveal hidden contents

How to Stop Smoking

October 15, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Smoking and tobacco use are a worldwide concern where 1 in 10 adults are smokers. In the United States, the number of smokers is about double, at one in five. According to statistics, every fifth person has an “addiction” to a tobacco product, including cigarettes, pipes, chewing tobacco, dipping tobacco, smokeless tobacco, and snuff.

Many diseases are linked to tobacco. Tobacco use causes more than 5 million deaths a year, and for every 1 person who dies from smoking, 20 more suffer from a smoking-related illness. For example, nicotine has been shown to accelerate cardiovascular disease and cancer of the lungs, larynx, neck, and mouth. Smoking also exacerbates asthma. On the average, smokers die 13 to 14 years earlier than non-smokers.  Tobacco-related illnesses are responsible for the deaths of 480,000 U.S. citizens per year—more Americans than the number who died in World War I and the Vietnam War combined. A very common manifestation of compulsive behavior is cigarette smoking. In spite of the research, I do not believe that the body craving nicotine is the big deterrent to quitting, but it is the dependency of an anxious spirit. As we have discussed before, I believe the soul’s enslavement is stronger than the body’s. The body is quite happy at the decrease of carbon monoxide down the lungs. But the ripping of the soul from the world affects body and soul. The withdrawals spiritually are hard to measure and vary from soul to soul.

If a person will redirect his focus from himself to God each time he feels the urge to smoke, he will reduce three packs a day down to zero. Keep a log and watch, for it is no different than ending head hunger. This is true not only of tobacco abuse, but also of alcohol and pills. Instead of the body being dependent on nicotine, it shows signs immediately that it loves any decrease or even quitting “cold turkey.” Though it can be temporarily very uncomfortable, I have never seen anyone harmed yet everyone helped when they ate less food, smoked fewer cigarettes, drank significantly less alcohol, or took fewer antidepressants. However, I see the withdrawal being severe if this gap or void is not filled in with God. The withdrawal is the soul ripping itself away from the world. It hurts. Only the Savior can dissolve this kind of superglue.

All these truths set you free to do what is right, and you will be blessed doing what is right! End the lies now. There is a place in the WeighDown workbooks for lies versus the truth.  Write them down, because it will set you so free to take responsibility and behave differently every day.

Gwen has never seen anyone harmed by eating less food or not taking their antidepressant medication. 

Gwen, FYI, starvation kills. Depression kills. 

Narcissists and the destruction they leave in their wake are a deadly scourge. Gwen is a narcissist of the highest order.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

In the United States, the number of smokers is about double, at one in five.

OK, I'm a numbers girl.  I also spent both my undergrad and graduate studying trends and statistics.  One big thing I learned is that numbers can be manipulated for self serving purposes.  You can limit responses to a select group of people, you can limit selection of answer choices, etc.  A quick google search shows that Gwen took the absolute largest percentage she could find on tobacco use and posted it - for dramatics.  The CDC reported it as low as 15%.  I found other reports that say it's below 20%.  She uses the worldwide percentage of 10% but neglects to mention that in "First World" nations, the United States ranks towards the bottom.  As she does with everything, she sensationalizes the situation to show that the world is going to hell in a hand basket.  I agree smoking is dangerous, so is driving without a seatbelt, but lets just be honest, mkay?

The body is quite happy at the decrease of carbon monoxide down the lungs. But the ripping of the soul from the world affects body and soul. The withdrawals spiritually are hard to measure and vary from soul to soul.

Wth???

Though it can be temporarily very uncomfortable, I have never seen anyone harmed yet everyone helped when they ate less food, smoked fewer cigarettes, drank significantly less alcohol, or took fewer antidepressants.

Just no, Gwen Shamblin Lara of Remnant Fellowship and Weigh Down.  Uncomfortable would be a blister on your foot after running in new shoes.  Withdrawl can be painful and sometimes life threatening.  OK, Gwen, let's talk antidepressants... when people wean themselves off antidepressants, they should be under the care of their doctors.  People shouldn't ever be in a situation where they just pop a handful if they feel sad that day, they aren't skittles, Gwen.  They are prescriptions that are given by a doctor, you know, someone that has MD or OD at the end of their name?  NOT a nutritionist.  As an "authority" figure (unfortunately, you've trained your followers to believe that you are), it is, at the very least, irresponsible to tell people how to manage their medications.  One day, this is going to bite you in the butt!  Sadly, how many victims will have fallen in your wake?

Edited by Insightful
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Insightful said:

OK, I'm a numbers girl.  I also spent both my undergrad and graduate studying trends and statistics.  One big thing I learned is that numbers can be manipulated for self serving purposes.  You can limit responses to a select group of people, you can limit selection of answer choices, etc.  A quick google search shows that Gwen took the absolute largest percentage she could find on tobacco use and posted it - for dramatics.  The CDC reported it as low as 15%.  I found other reports that say it's below 20%.  She uses the worldwide percentage of 10% but neglects to mention that in "First World" nations, the United States ranks towards the bottom.  As she does with everything, she sensationalizes the situation to show that the world is going to hell in a hand basket.  I agree smoking is dangerous, so is driving without a seatbelt, but lets just be honest, mkay?

Wth???

Just no, Gwen Shamblin Lara of Remnant Fellowship and Weigh Down.  Uncomfortable would be a blister on your foot after running in new shoes.  Withdrawl can be painful and sometimes life threatening.  OK, Gwen, let's talk antidepressants... when people wean themselves off antidepressants, they should be under the care of their doctors.  People shouldn't ever be in a situation where they just pop a handful if they feel sad that day, they aren't skittles, Gwen.  They are prescriptions that are given by a doctor, you know, someone that has MD or OD at the end of their name?  NOT a nutritionist.  As an "authority" figure (unfortunately, you've trained your followers to believe that you are), it is, at the very least, irresponsible to tell people how to manage their medications.  One day, this is going to bite you in the butt!  Sadly, how many victims will have fallen in your wake?

SHE might not have seen anyone harmed from drinking less alcohol, but I have. Guess she hasn’t heard of or seen delirium tremens. Alcoholics who stop cold turkey develop seizures, hallucinations, and can die. I’d call that harm. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

The body is quite happy at the decrease of caffeine from Diet Coke! It loves just drinking pure water. But the ripping of the soul from the worldly addiction of diet coke affects body and soul! The withdrawals spiritually, Gwen, are hard to measure and vary, but I suspect after your years and years of existing on nothing but diet, caffeinated drinks your withdrawal symptoms will be tough. It will temporarily be uncomfortable but I have never seen anyone harmed from giving up their caffeine addiction. 

Thoughts and prayers Gwen as your soul is ripped away from your addiction. Oh wait, Gwen's addictions and gluttony are just fine, it is everyone else who has to give shit up cold turkey. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

On 10/13/2019 at 8:44 AM, CTRLZero said:

Just wanted to mention that in another thread, @Marmion found Gwen's books in a section called "spiritual dieting."  I am hoping to find out what other authors were included in that section, so hope @Marmion reports back.

I wonder if financial books are categorized under "spiritual billionaires."  ?

I'm a librarian, so I just looked up Weigh Down in our catalog, and saw that it was under the subject heading "Weight loss--Religious aspects--Christianity." Some other authors with books on that subject are Don Colbert, Alec Penix, Marianne Williamson, Victoria Johnson, Joyce Rogers, and Joyce Meyer. Don Colbert has a whole series of books: The Bible Cure for Weight Loss, The Bible Cure for Thyroid Disorders, The Bible Cure for Diabetes, etc. He also wrote The What Would Jesus Eat Cookbook. Apparently he has an MD.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

5 hours ago, Insightful said:

OK, Gwen, let's talk antidepressants... when people wean themselves off antidepressants, they should be under the care of their doctors.  People shouldn't ever be in a situation where they just pop a handful if they feel sad that day, they aren't skittles, Gwen.

I remember when I hit rock bottom with my depression and got antidepressants from my doctor.  It was frustrating that they didn't fully kick in for WEEKS, but I knew I was taking a step in the right direction.  I've heard that withdrawl is a bitch too.

• Upvote 10

49 minutes ago, General Jinjur said:

I'm a librarian, so I just looked up Weigh Down in our catalog, and saw that it was under the subject heading "Weight loss--Religious aspects--Christianity." Some other authors with books on that subject are Don Colbert, Alec Penix, Marianne Williamson, Victoria Johnson, Joyce Rogers, and Joyce Meyer. Don Colbert has a whole series of books: The Bible Cure for Weight Loss, The Bible Cure for Thyroid Disorders, The Bible Cure for Diabetes, etc. He also wrote The What Would Jesus Eat Cookbook. Apparently he has an MD.

Can we tip off Chantel Ray about this so that Gwen will lose her lawsuit? ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, General Jinjur said:

If all goes as planned , I'll be going back to visit Pennsylvania ahead of schedule , as my parents , sister , and I will be looking at houses in the area . My mother just recently informed me this week that we're planning on moving to Pennsylvania after all . So while I am there I'll see if I can stop by Gems ,  and see if the other books in that category there are by any of those people you mentioned . 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, Insightful said:

Though it can be temporarily very uncomfortable, I have never seen anyone harmed yet everyone helped when they ate less food, smoked fewer cigarettes, drank significantly less alcohol, or took fewer antidepressants.

I don't know... I've seen people we know and love struggle with dizziness, memory loss, hair loss, pale skin, etc... because they ate EVEN LESS FOOD... 

• Upvote 12

Story time re: stopping anti-depressants cold turkey.

When I was newly diagnosed and medicated in early 2012, the (quack) dr. who had briefly seen me in hospital and was my follow-up provider told me that he didn't understand why they'd put me on X and it was fine to just stop taking it. 

A few days later, my husband found me sitting in the park close to our home talking to myself and casually playing with a box-cutter.  I was drunk.  The last anyone had known, I was at work, working a shift (hours before).

The cold turkey threw me into a dissociative fugue (a la Breaking Bad only for real).  I had been gone from work for hours, walked away, purchased alcohol, drank it, and ended up in the park.  My work location was a mile and a half from said park.  I crossed major busy streets, on foot.  I had no memory of ANY OF IT (still don't).  My husband took me to the ER and my blood alcohol level was so high they had to wait for it to come down to test for anything else.  

I could have died that day; it's a miracle I didn't get seriously hurt.  Yes Gwen you idiot, cold turkey can harm and kill.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 9

Today's Delusional is a long article about the evils of alcohol but all you need to know about it is that Gwen doesn't know what alcoholism is.  Nobody but Gwen defines it as "more than two drinks in one sitting"

Spoiler

How to Overcome Alcohol Addiction Part I – The Scope of the Problem

October 16, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Small amounts of wine have been proven to be safe and even medicinal. However, alcoholism—“overdrinking,” defined as more than two drinks in one sitting—is the number one drug problem in the U.S., as it is easily accessible, legal, and socially acceptable. In a survey by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) in 2012, nearly one-quarter of persons aged 12 or older were binge alcohol users in the 30 days prior to the survey. This translates to about 59.7 million people. Heavy drinking was reported by 6.5 percent of the population aged 12 or older, or 17 million people. These numbers do not include an ever-increasing number of children ages of 9 to 12 joining this crowd. SAMHSA defines “binge drinking” as 5 or more drinks on the same occasion. Drunkenness and intoxication has a strong negative impact on behavior. In fact, 4 in 10 of all criminal offenders report drinking alcohol before and after the violence or crime. About 35 percent of victims report that offenders are under the influence of alcohol. Every 30 minutes, someone is killed in an alcohol-related car accident in the U.S. According to the CDC, there are approximately 80,000 deaths attributed to excessive alcohol use each year in the United States—the third leading cause of death due to lifestyle choices. On average, about 30 years of potential life is lost for each death.

An old 2006 statistic states that there were more than 1.2 million emergency room visits and 2.7 million physician visits due to excessive drinking that year. No doubt it is much higher today. It can cause neurological impairments, neurological problems, dementia, and neuropathy, but it is also well-known that it causes mood swings to the point of suicidal attempts. Alcoholism is associated with all health problems, since the body is very sick from digesting this chemical void of nutrients. Many alcoholics replace food for drink, so every organ is affected. It is associated with cardiovascular problems, including heart attacks, myocardial infarctions, strokes, heart fibrillation, and hypertension. These complications do not include injuries to yourself and others, including traffic injuries, falls, drownings, burns, and unintentional firearm situations. There is also a higher prevalence of increased risky sexual behaviors. During pregnancy, there is increased risk of miscarriages, stillbirths, and mental birth defects among children that last throughout life. Of course, it is associated with increased risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, liver, colon, and breast cancer. In excess, it causes gastrointestinal problems, dumping syndrome, and pancreatitis. Alcohol-induced cirrhosis/fatty liver is the number one diagnosis.

Alcohol is an extremely demanding molecule once it is inside the human body, and it will demand to be completely broken down or digested first. Therefore, it will delay the breaking down of protein and fats and triglycerides. Immobilized fats accumulate around the liver and harden… impeding the essential functions of the liver. Cirrhosis is the 15th leading cause of all deaths in the United States. Needless to say, the economic cost of excessive alcohol consumption is estimated at over 200 billion dollars. So again, this excessive alcohol use is the third leading lifestyle-related cause of death for the nation. The combined cost of the abuse of tobacco, alcohol, and illicit drugs is over 600 billion dollars annually in costs related to crime, lost work productivity, and healthcare.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 4

Advising stopping antidepressants cold-turkey, against medical advice, is jolly well close to murder. The worst part is that the person stopping antidepressants, at first, will most probably feel better -they'll have more energy, less side effects, while the depression will not yet have kicked in.

After a couple of weeks or even months -depending on the drug's half life - the depression will kick back in again, and often violently.  If you add to that a starvation diet, like one Gwen advises, that's a recipe for suicide (been there, done that)

I wonder if Gwen would advise people with schizophrenia to stop their antipsychotics.... Many forms of schizphrenia can be successfully controlled with antipsychotics, people can lead normal lives ONLY if their take their medication. If someone started having a huge fit of delirium in the middle of a Remnant Fellowship service, then maybe she'd change her mind. I mean, she did change her mind about divorce, right? :teasing-dunce:

• Upvote 17

34 minutes ago, MeanieMe said:

If someone started having a huge fit of delirium in the middle of a Remnant Fellowship service, then maybe she'd change her mind. I mean, she did change her mind about divorce, right? :teasing-dunce:

I think she'd only change her mind if it happened to HER. (I would normally add "or to someone in her family" but I'm actually not sure about that.)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

@ManyGoats : You are most probably right! Not her, doesn'care.

Another thing I was thinking, Gwen looovvves diet coke. She puts no restriction on diet coke and diet soft drinks. However, if you go by her word, the problem isn't the sugar but the greed. The want. That fleshy desire. So surely, drinking loads of diet coke to stave off hunger is part of greed? Because if it doesn't, then greed is defined more by the number or calories per gram than by an ungwodly, excessive desire...

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, MeanieMe said:

Advising stopping antidepressants cold-turkey, against medical advice, is jolly well close to murder. The worst part is that the person stopping antidepressants, at first, will most probably feel better -they'll have more energy, less side effects, while the depression will not yet have kicked in.

After a couple of weeks or even months -depending on the drug's half life - the depression will kick back in again, and often violently.  If you add to that a starvation diet, like one Gwen advises, that's a recipe for suicide (been there, done that)

I wonder if Gwen would advise people with schizophrenia to stop their antipsychotics.... Many forms of schizphrenia can be successfully controlled with antipsychotics, people can lead normal lives ONLY if their take their medication. If someone started having a huge fit of delirium in the middle of a Remnant Fellowship service, then maybe she'd change her mind. I mean, she did change her mind about divorce, right? :teasing-dunce:

Seems like she's breaking some law or other with this life-threatening "advice".

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic