IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 9: Perfecting Hypocrisy

Coconut Flan

My mother wasn't quite 5'1"  She supplemented that with hair and 3 inch heels.  Even then she barely made 5'5".  She really didn't look taller. She looked like a short woman with poofy hair wearing high heels. 

However, she never achieved the heights (lows?) of Gwod hair.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

What the hell does Gwen have against exercise? It’s good for you! Not that I particularly enjoy it, but it is!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

51 minutes ago, Hane said:

What the hell does Gwen have against exercise? It’s good for you! Not that I particularly enjoy it, but it is!

It seems like in Gwen's world there's no such thing as moderation (though I know she would call her eating plan moderation). Bbecause some people are obsessed with exercise, she labels it an idol. I know exercise could be an idol for something people... but I see a lot of WD people who focus so much on food and "the growl" that it seems THAT is their idol...

That being said, there are some RF sports teams and things of nature, but it seems like it's geared more toward the men of the church and not as much the girls? I'm sure others could elaborate on those programs more.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

It seems like in Gwen's world there's no such thing as moderation (though I know she would call her eating plan moderation). Bbecause some people are obsessed with exercise, she labels it an idol.

That being said, there are some RF sports teams and things of nature, but it seems like it's geared more toward the men of the church and not as much the girls? I'm sure others could elaborate on those programs more.

The difference between the sports teams and working out was the motivation behind it. She claimed that you only go to the gym/work out for weight loss and sport teams were fellowship and fun! 

I knew plenty of people who worked out in secret (including myself) because it made us feel better/stronger. We felt we had to hide it because of her teachings. 

ETA: there was a girls softball team at one point, but they struggled to have a full roster. Most of the teams are all or almost all male. 

Edited by RFsurvivor
Forgot to comment on the girls team aspect
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

14 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I reckon that in Gwenworld,  Doritos are probably preferable to "man made diet food"... No cauliflower shakes for Gwennie. 

I'm not sure why junk food would be less man made but this is a cult, leave your brains at the door please.

If you want to play it safe, IFritos are biblical 

I think you mean cauliflower steaks (which are delicious), but you had be wondering about cauliflower shakes!  I mean, it's probably not the WORST veggie to put in your shakes but....  :)

• Upvote 2

Gwen contradicts herself within a couple of sentences, it must be a day ending in Y.

Either you deny God and eat against his will or you can't resist God's will. If you eat what you want when you want it you're either indulging your sinful lust or listening to God's signals. Some people are either cult leaders  or  charlatans. 

Spoiler

No More Dieting!

September 23, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Praise God that you will follow His will and eat regular foods for the rest of your life. When you deny God and what He has programmed inside of you, you will become ravenous again and lustful for food. On the other hand, you will wind up eating less when you are not dieting and no longer craving foods you have denied yourself that were programmed inside you by God. We cannot resist God’s will. Now here is one more change that is essential but wonderful in the end. You must kill your love for food and end your lust for when you want it—such as just waiting to the end of day for food at night. Controllers skip meals so they can binge later in the day. Start over! Practice keeping your mind completely fixated on hunger and fullness by praying to God thru Christ’s name at all times. That is all you focus on. And you have to accept that this is your new lifestyle—it may be hunger in the morning and not in the evening, but you will be rewarded with high energy, no pain, no guilt and weight loss. It will stabilize your blood sugars and you will feel more spiritual energy with no guilt. That is the secret. This is how others get up and volunteer to go serve someone else. No wonder they have been running circles around you—now you will be running circles around others!

You become better than others at unspecified activities simply by not eating. How  exactly this happens is unclear. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

14 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:
  Hide contents

We cannot resist God’s will.

If this is true, then how was I able to leave God’s weigh down, God’s True Church, etc? Also, what is the point of deciding to follow Gwens teachings if you cannot resist?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

If this is true, then how was I able to leave God’s weigh down, God’s True Church, etc? Also, what is the point of deciding to follow Gwens teachings if you cannot resist?

We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

Practice keeping your mind completely fixated on hunger and fullness by praying to God thru Christ’s name at all times. That is all you focus on. And you have to accept that this is your new lifestyle...

But if you do think of food, let it be of the regular kind.  ?

This is how others get up and volunteer to go serve someone else. No wonder they have been running circles around you—now you will be running circles around others!

Is this sort of competitive serving the norm at Remnant?  Are people shamed if they do not run circles around others?  And by "serve someone else" I assume that means Gwod.

• Upvote 6

That bolded bit is so bizarre... How could any functional adult keep their mind completely fixated on hunger and fullness? Even if you could focus on that exclusively, why should you?

My employer pays me to focus on my job, not my stomach. My family needs me to focus on them occasionally. When I'm driving I need to focus on the traffic. I have tasks and interests that have zero to do with hunger and fullness and constantly thinking about not being allowed to eat would be a distraction.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

24 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

That bolded bit is so bizarre... How could any functional adult keep their mind completely fixated on hunger and fullness? Even if you could focus on that exclusively, why should you?

My employer pays me to focus on my job, not my stomach. My family needs me to focus on them occasionally. When I'm driving I need to focus on the traffic. I have tasks and interests that have zero to do with hunger and fullness and constantly thinking about not being allowed to eat would be a distraction.

My family requires me to focus on food every morning, mid day and evening - it's like clock work. ;) /s

And sometimes I don't want to focus on feeding them (or me). I want the machine in the Jetson's. 1:25 mark: 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

What stinks is that she equates focusing on hunger and fullness with being focused on God... which then makes "waiting for the growl" the same as obedience/loyalty/devotion to God. Don't get me wrong... I do believe that God made our bodies super smart and that if I don't eat when I'm just bored, and if I don't stuff myself to the gills every time, it's better for me. But to think that my focusing on waiting for an audible growl is somehow focusing on God is ridiculous...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, Blue said:

What stinks is that she equates focusing on hunger and fullness with being focused on God... which then makes "waiting for the growl" the same as obedience/loyalty/devotion to God. Don't get me wrong... I do believe that God made our bodies super smart and that if I don't eat when I'm just bored, and if I don't stuff myself to the gills every time, it's better for me. But to think that my focusing on waiting for an audible growl is somehow focusing on God is ridiculous...

It makes God look so tiny and petty, sweating the small stuff,  while ignoring the big things.

Why would the Supreme Being care whether you eat now or three hours later as long as  you get enough food?  Why would an omnipotent deity get upset if you didn't hear the growl first? Often when you eat is just a scheduling issue. You gotta make dinner when the kids get hungry. Or eat lunch when you have your lunch break at work. Why would God be any happier if you waited for the growl even if it was terribly inconvenient for all concerned?

Focusing on hunger and fullness makes you forget about being a good person to others. Shouldn't God care about that a bit more than what time you have your dinner?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I have been at participant of WD for many years. I’ve taken all of Ms. Gwen’s classes (some multiple times) and I own all her books. I would probably join RF if I were local and single.

I’ve had an eating disorder for a long time; I was raised in church (a Calvinist denomination, so much of RF’s earned salvation is kind of strange to me) and I love God very much. I knew even before finding WD that there was something deeply spiritually wrong with my obsession with food and my body. I was never overweight, but my mind and time was devoted to what I could and could not eat and it definitely felt like idolatry. 

I owe Ms. Gwen so much, like truly she changed my life and I love God now in a way that I was utterly incapable of when my heart was so devoted to dieting and my body size. I don’t think she is perfect, but I am not even bothered by hypocrisy in church leaders when the message they deliver is true nonetheless (Paul wasn’t bothered by preachers making money off the gospel as long as it was being preached, Jesus denounced the Pharisees but still said to “do as they say” because they hold Moses’ words).

I won’t go into any of my experiences with RF members for their privacy, but they have always been positive and kind to me.

I realize there is some danger in falling into legalism or even false guilt in practicing WD, which is why I never recommend it to new Christians. I do feel that it takes some spiritual discernment. I have been a Christian for a long time and I genuinely want to love God with all my heart. 

Most WD followers are people who need to lose weight for health and discover a closer relationship with God through it. But there exist a small number of people like me, who have a deep, hellish struggle with food and thinness. Hunger and emptiness has always felt spiritual to me, and it wasn’t until WD that I understood why and how I could give it up for something much better. 

I don’t think WD is for everyone, but I can honestly say that it’s one of those things you can’t “un-see” once you been in it long enough.

• Downvote 3
  • Sad 6
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 5

1 hour ago, Blue said:

She actually says in one of her classes that the growl is God's voice.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4

26 minutes ago, mirabilis said:

I have been at participant of WD for many years. I’ve taken all of Ms. Gwen’s classes (some multiple times) and I own all her books. I would probably join RF if I were local and single.

Good that you didn't join the Remnant Fellowship cult.

2 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

She actually says in one of her classes that the growl is God's voice.

That never fails to be shocking.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

56 minutes ago, mirabilis said:

I knew even before finding WD that there was something deeply spiritually wrong with my obsession with food and my body. 

But Gwen still teaches an obsession, this time an obsession with hunger. Before she changed her daily devotionals because we were pointing out how horrible her advice is, it was all about worshiping The Growl, spending all day waiting for The Growl. The Growl and Diet Coke are her obsession. She says gluttony is a sin, but she is a glutton herself. She wallows in overabundance, but since it is gluttony SHE is addicted to she won't preach against it.

So if gluttony is a sin, isn't she one of the queens of sin since she cannot give up her gluttony of worldly possessions? 

I don’t think WD is for everyone, but I can honestly say that it’s one of those things you can’t “un-see” once you been in it long enough.

But she claims it is. She claims that anyone who doesn't agree with her disagrees with God. She has created a cult where her way is the only way. Your thoughts that it isn't acceptable would be viewed as a sin. 

Gwen built a cult around her own eating disorder and her junk food addiction and anyone who says she is wrong is viewed as a sinner. 

he message they deliver is true nonetheless

The message that everyone must obey Gwen's diet? The message that her way is the only way? That she speaks for God? That the Growl is what you spend your days focusing on? That it is healthy to only eat tiny bites every 36 hours? I can tell you that her teachings are not the truth for me. I have a history of an eating disorder. I have found that if I wait till my stomach is growling like she teaches I eat more. If I eat junk food like she teaches I eat more. If I try to fill up on diet coke like she teaches, I eat more. So I would gain weight with her. But she would say I am a sinner. Gwen does not teach the truth, she teaches a diet option, that isn't actually that healthy. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

I have to say, your name is making me wonder if you're trolling us, but I'm going to act as if you're not, for now.

You say this:

1 hour ago, mirabilis said:

I knew even before finding WD that there was something deeply spiritually wrong with my obsession with food and my body. I was never overweight, but my mind and time was devoted to what I could and could not eat and it definitely felt like idolatry.

While Gwen says this:

Practice keeping your mind completely fixated on hunger and fullness by praying to God thru Christ’s name at all times. That is all you focus on.

It's pretty clear to me that Gwen is saying you had it right before! Gwen thinks hunger is God. She'll frame it as constant praying and make it seem really spiritual, but she's NOT saying focus only on God. She's saying focus on FOOD. By praying, sure, but it's food, hunger, fullness, etc. that are the focus. Not God.

Look at the contradictions in what she says and does. Look at the money. Look at Elizabeth. Look at the level of control Gwen wields. She keeps her congregation hungry, busy, competing with each other, and feeling better than the world. I watched a documentary on Jonestown recently, and she's doing lots of the things Jim Jones did to gain the loyalty of his congregation. She's just slowly starving them, instead of giving them poison.

I'm glad you found something that you feel helps you, but I hope you take a hard look at what's really going on with Gwen and WD. Gwen's making money hand over fist, doing as she pleases, and has tons of faithful servants falling over themselves to give her more money and do all the everyday work she needs done. Her followers? They get guilt, emotional abuse, and an obsession with food.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I have to say, your name is making me wonder if you're trolling us, 

I didn't pick up on that. It might very well be a troll. I really doubt Gwen would approve of any minions posting her after the disaster last time that happened. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

27 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I have found that if I wait till my stomach is growling like she teaches I eat more. If I eat junk food like she teaches I eat more. If I try to fill up on diet coke like she teaches, I eat more. So I would gain weight with her. But she would say I am a sinner. Gwen does not teach the truth, she teaches a diet option, that isn't actually that healthy.

SO TRUE for me also!

I hope the naive new poster @mirabiliswho is looking to cult leader Gwen SHAMBLIN Lara and her heretical teachings as a solution to her food addiction (manifested as either anorexia or some other eating disorder) comes to understand that what she actually needs is therapy and sound nutritional counseling. Cult leader Gwen SHAMBLIN Lara preys on the desperation of folks like this poster (if shr is real), and is so reprehensible for doing so.

JUST SAY NO to cult leader Gwen SHAMBLIN Lara and the Remnant Fellowship fake Jewish cult. There is no real relief to be found there. Just brainwashing and loss of critical thinking ability.

16 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I have to say, your name is making me wonder if you're trolling us, but I'm going to act as if you're not, for now.

Uh-oh. Wish I had caught this before posting my earlier reply. In any case, my words apply to non-trolls, even if @mirabilisturns out to be one. I can see a Gwen devotee being told to come here and try again at making a pro-RF post. Cults are devious.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

@formergothardite I have a question for you since you said you have a history with an eating disorder. 

What does a program like weight watchers do for people with eating disorders? In my mind, I would think they are better but I don't know. I have never had a history with eating disorders. To me a person like mirabilis (if they aren't a troll) would benefit from weight watchers over Gwen Shamblin Lara (of Remnant Fellowship and Weigh Down) who disguises eating disorders under the umbrella of god. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
spelling
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, mirabilis said:

I’ve had an eating disorder for a long time; I was raised in church (a Calvinist denomination, so much of RF’s earned salvation is kind of strange to me) and I love God very much. I knew even before finding WD that there was something deeply spiritually wrong with my obsession with food and my body. I was never overweight, but my mind and time was devoted to what I could and could not eat and it definitely felt like idolatry. 

I owe Ms. Gwen so much, like truly she changed my life and I love God now in a way that I was utterly incapable of when my heart was so devoted to dieting and my body size.

Oh no. I hope this is a troll. If not, this is deeply troubling. WD and Gwen Shamblin Lara are the two worst things for an eating disorder. She did not save you. All you found was a way to justify your eating disorder through a Gwen sanctioned program of starvation. God has nothing to with it. Full stop.

You owe Gwen nothing at all. Any improvement you may be experiencing (although I doubt it for the reason stated above) is coming only from yourself. My guess is that you're still suffering from an eating disorder but are currently more focused on WD. You need a licensed therapist, not a cult.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic