IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 38: What Can They Shill Next?

Coconut Flan

On 1/25/2020 at 12:02 PM, Not that josh's mom said:

The Diggars are pretty boring right now. Must be about time for a scandal to break, a courtship, a pregnancy - something. They are all too quiet. What's up?

I think they're trying to avoid a scandal breaking. With all the questions Derick was answering, likely the show is in negotiation. And there's probably more stuff too that they're trying to not let the public know that's related to it. No announcements about another season, at all.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I've noticed some discussion of this on the Forsyth thread, and figured why not make a thread about it.

How the hell does one isolate or practice social distancing when they're part of a mega family? How do you get eleventy kids to wash their hands properly? Are the various smaller families still visiting each other? What if somebody gets ill?

We know these people probably aren't taking this seriously (rumour has it Big Sandy is still happening), but this is a timely and interesting topic nonetheless.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 11

41 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I've noticed some discussion of this on the Forsyth thread, and figured why not make a thread about it.

How the hell does one isolate or practice social distancing when they're part of a mega family? How do you get eleventy kids to wash their hands properly? Are the various smaller families still visiting each other? What if somebody gets ill?

We know these people probably aren't taking this seriously (rumour has it Big Sandy is still happening), but this is a timely and interesting topic nonetheless.

The adults not having real jobs will help - not much mixing outside of the family.  My guess is that they won't change any of their habits except maybe Jana's coffee runs until things seem much more dire in their neck of the woods.

• Upvote 6

50 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Did you intend to make this a stand alone topic?  Let me know and I'll be happy to help.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

https://babylonbee.com/news/duggar-family-cited-for-violating-ban-on-large-gatherings  ?

• Haha 13

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Did you intend to make this a stand alone topic?  Let me know and I'll be happy to help.

I originally created a new thread but it got merged into this one.

That Babylon Bee article is comedy gold. All joking aside, I hope at least the pregnant women are keeping a safe distance from big gatherings (so far Joy's the only one confirmed). Aren't they at higher risk if the virus is transmitted to them?

I guess the social distancing rules could be good for preventing courting couples from accidentaly brushing shoulders and getting all twitterpated.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I originally created a new thread but it got merged into this one.

That Babylon Bee article is comedy gold. All joking aside, I hope at least the pregnant women are keeping a safe distance from big gatherings (so far Joy's the only one confirmed). Aren't they at higher risk if the virus is transmitted to them?

I guess the social distancing rules could be good for preventing courting couples from accidentaly brushing shoulders and getting all twitterpated.

From what I read- no. Pregnant women are neither more likely to catch it nor having more severe symptoms. There has been only one case worldwide where a newborn was tested positive and at this point it’s believed it got infected after birth.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Full term preggo here. The medical updates are back and forth on this right now. OBs are being extra cautious since with other corona viruses pregnant women were hit hard. There was a small study out of China where positive COVID-19 mothers had good outcomes and so did their infants. Now there is some question there may be longer term impact on infants but as with everything else not much data yet.

CDC has included pregnant women in high risk group just in case and OBs are encouraging strict stay at home when possible. Biggest concern at this point is what will happen if you show up in labor with symptoms (do they treat you as COVID-19 positive and take protective measures to separate you from baby?) Also strict limits on visitors - one support person who must stay with you the whole time...

• Thank You 4
  • Love 20

Wishing you all the best for your labor, a safe birth experience, and healthy mom and baby @neuroticcat!

I'm 18 weeks pregnant myself (Joy and I share a due date, actually) and it's definitely a stressful time to be pregnant. I'm holding out hope that initial studies are correct and there is no increased risk to pregnant women and fetuses while taking as many precautions as I can. I've been lucky that my employer allowed me to start working from home almost two weeks ago, because now one of my coworkers has been diagnosed with COVID and multiple others who were in close contact with them are now quarantined at home (as opposed to everyone else sheltering in place, they are not allowed to leave the house even for groceries etc).

Sorry for rambling. I'm just hoping baby and I stay healthy during this pregnancy and for a safe delivery in August.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 35

I'm 30 weeks pregnant, and work with kids in a hospital. I'm still at work, but my colleagues are adamant that I not be exposed. The shit has not hit the fans here (yet?), but it makes for no shifts on call and very few emergency assessments. So it is mostly babies and administrative tasks for me these days! 

The policy in general at my hospital is better safe than sorry, and we are all taken away from those high-risk tasks. 

• Love 30

1 hour ago, Thorns said:

I'm 30 weeks pregnant, and work with kids in a hospital. I'm still at work, but my colleagues are adamant that I not be exposed. The shit has not hit the fans here (yet?), but it makes for no shifts on call and very few emergency assessments. So it is mostly babies and administrative tasks for me these days! 

The policy in general at my hospital is better safe than sorry, and we are all taken away from those high-risk tasks. 

My niece is due any day and is a GP in a Covid 19 (designated) clinic in DC. Her colleagues have graciously agreed to treat any respiratory patients in order to protect her. God bless all of you practitioners. I’m a retired nurse.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 21

My cousin left South Korea and her military husband because they were nervous. She too is due in August.

A few weeks ago that seemed like a good call. I haven't had the heart to ask her how she feels about it now.

Even though things are looking much better there, she came smack into this mess. I'm not sure they will manage to be together for the birth. ?

• Sad 6
  • Love 12

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

Wishing you all the best for your labor, a safe birth experience, and healthy mom and baby @neuroticcat!

I'm 18 weeks pregnant myself (Joy and I share a due date, actually) and it's definitely a stressful time to be pregnant. I'm holding out hope that initial studies are correct and there is no increased risk to pregnant women and fetuses while taking as many precautions as I can. I've been lucky that my employer allowed me to start working from home almost two weeks ago, because now one of my coworkers has been diagnosed with COVID and multiple others who were in close contact with them are now quarantined at home (as opposed to everyone else sheltering in place, they are not allowed to leave the house even for groceries etc).

Sorry for rambling. I'm just hoping baby and I stay healthy during this pregnancy and for a safe delivery in August.

I’m also 18 weeks pregnant, due date is August 18th.  Congratulations! Being pregnant during this crazy time definitely adds stress but I’m trying to do my prenatal yoga to relax. I’m in NYC, which has been hit hard by Covid -19. I’m a NYC public school teacher and our mayor only closed schools under immense pressure from the governor, parents and teachers. I was having anxiety about having to go into work constantly worrying about my health and my unborn baby’s health. I also have two young kids at home and my parents help me tremendously, so their health was on  my mind as well. Thankfully, now we are all quarantining at home. Tomorrow I get to start homeschooling my kids (Kindergarten and second grade) and teaching my own students (120 seventh graders!) through remote learning. Let the games begin! 

I’m also hoping  for a safe delivery in August and hope the situation  calms down by then. I truly feel for mamas who are due around now and have to deal with the stress of delivering in a hospital. I have to go to my hospital for my 20 week sonogram soon and I’m nervous about that. I will be having my third C section in August, so will have to go to a hospital no matter what . 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 25

Aw much love to all you fellow pregnant ladies! I suppose we will have an unprecedented birth story to tell our pandemic babies in later years! 

I’m in the Seattle area so things have been bad for a few weeks. I definitely feel better going to hospital for appointments now that it’s pretty locked down. Vs. a week or two ago. New guidelines just sent by my OB today: only patients at appointments... some earlier appointments going virtual. No children for appointments or visiting.  No visitors for delivery. A healthy partner can come but must stay in room with me the entire time. Registered doula may come for birth only and leave after delivery. Special precautions to be taken if any if any of us have symptoms.

Tomorrow is my final appointment with an induction set for 4/1 if he hasn’t yet arrived. Strength and courage to all of us!!! Xo

• Upvote 3
  • Love 23

Best wishes to you @neuroticcat
!! This is quite a moment. I hope everything goes smoothly and safely.

Independent thought, I shudder to think of what strange themed names emerge for the babies birthed or conceived during this period. You know someone will name a child Corona ?

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

My cousin left South Korea and her military husband because they were nervous. She too is due in August.

A few weeks ago that seemed like a good call. I haven't had the heart to ask her how she feels about it now.

Even though things are looking much better there, she came smack into this mess. I'm not sure they will manage to be together for the birth. ?

I'm in Korea, and things are much better here. Our infection rates are dying down, our survival rate is good, and it's so easy to get tested. People aren't going anywhere non essential, and when they have to travel they wear masks and gloves, hand sanitizer is everywhere and people are using it appropriately. Travelers are questioned before they go anywhere and when they enter the country. 

On the contrary my sister left Korea for her wedding and is currently quarantined in Seattle - not because anyone told her too or she has symptoms, but because she feels it's the responsible thing. The airport in Korea had a 20 minute health check with temperature, travel history, symptom history, before they'd even let anyone going to the US check in. The airport in Seattle didn't even have a thermal camera. She went to pick up groceries the other day, curbside pick up, and Fred Myer's garden section was full of people checking out lawn chairs, buying flowers and all sorts of non essential things. She says people there aren't taking any of this serious. 

So yeah, I feel you on the family members jumping right into the fire...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

On 1/20/2020 at 11:04 AM, Xan said:

And if they finally got abortions outlawed, what next?  Because there would be a "next".  These force-birthers have to feel more Godly and superior to everyone else.  Would they all start to police women's clothing?  Would they make it illegal for us to work or own property?  

It's only about controlling women.  It always has been.

They moved on to abortions when being overtly racist went out of style. It started when segregation ended. Before that, they believe that life began at first breath. 

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Independent thought, I shudder to think of what strange themed names emerge for the babies birthed or conceived during this period. You know someone will name a child Corona ?

A former colleague of mine is named Corona. She's in her mid-twenties. I always thought it was such a bad name choice on her parents' part because she must have endured thousands of beer jokes growing up. Now I suspect there are instead a lot of covid-19 jokes being made at her expense and I feel so sorry for her.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

On 3/22/2020 at 3:49 PM, Jessesgirl said:

I’m also 18 weeks pregnant, due date is August 18th.  Congratulations! Being pregnant during this crazy time definitely adds stress but I’m trying to do my prenatal yoga to relax. I’m in NYC, which has been hit hard by Covid -19. I’m a NYC public school teacher and our mayor only closed schools under immense pressure from the governor, parents and teachers. I was having anxiety about having to go into work constantly worrying about my health and my unborn baby’s health. I also have two young kids at home and my parents help me tremendously, so their health was on  my mind as well. Thankfully, now we are all quarantining at home. Tomorrow I get to start homeschooling my kids (Kindergarten and second grade) and teaching my own students (120 seventh graders!) through remote learning. Let the games begin! 

I’m also hoping  for a safe delivery in August and hope the situation  calms down by then. I truly feel for mamas who are due around now and have to deal with the stress of delivering in a hospital. I have to go to my hospital for my 20 week sonogram soon and I’m nervous about that. I will be having my third C section in August, so will have to go to a hospital no matter what . 

Don't get me started on De Blasio. I used to do EI so a ton of my friends are teachers. The only reason Cuomo stepped in was because of the teachers union. The schools really should have been closed a lot earlier. My teacher friends dreaded going to work and my parents friends a lot of them kept their kids home days earlier. The whole situation was bad.

23 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

On the contrary my sister left Korea for her wedding and is currently quarantined in Seattle - not because anyone told her too or she has symptoms, but because she feels it's the responsible thing. The airport in Korea had a 20 minute health check with temperature, travel history, symptom history, before they'd even let anyone going to the US check in. The airport in Seattle didn't even have a thermal camera. She went to pick up groceries the other day, curbside pick up, and Fred Myer's garden section was full of people checking out lawn chairs, buying flowers and all sorts of non essential things. She says people there aren't taking any of this serious. 

So yeah, I feel you on the family members jumping right into the fire...

I know quite a few people that have arrived within a few days at JFK. No one is being checked!! Not a single person. IDK what they're reporting on the news but everyone I talked to it was business like always. Unbelievable if you ask me. NYC has been hit hard. JFK is an international airport and should be checking people. 

6 hours ago, Icea said:

A former colleague of mine is named Corona. She's in her mid-twenties. I always thought it was such a bad name choice on her parents' part because she must have endured thousands of beer jokes growing up. Now I suspect there are instead a lot of covid-19 jokes being made at her expense and I feel so sorry for her.

My friend used to use her middle name on applications but she doesn't anymore. Doesn't even tell people what it is, it's Alexa btw.

• Upvote 6

I have a Csection scheduled in 29 days. Scheduled for twice weekly appointments between now and then. A lot of fears and worries about every aspect (before birth, having the baby and after in the hospital, going home and isolating, well visits, etc). 

After NY Pres issued the decision to not allow birth partners, I know a lot of pregnant women, myself included, are fearful that a similar rule will be put in place at our own hospitals. If a mother is suspected to have covid-19 at the time of birth the recommendation is that she and her newborn be separated for 14 days or until she receives a negative test result. 

There’s unfortunately a lot to worry about because there’s just a lot unknown right now. 

• Love 32

The Duggars are practicing social distancing by.... having family night ???

Anna, Kendra and Lauren are all there... and I spied several non family members. Definitely more than 10 people.

Anna posted it on her story. 

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 6
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic