IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 38: What Can They Shill Next?

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Ms.Pickle said:

Off topic- Annas birthday post to Michelle sayed her (michelle's) new nickname is Lolli. Does anyone else find that a tad bit weird? 

Like the Anna Maxwell ?! LMAO

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

In what world is Chick Fil A and pizza not junk food??  

The poster referred to it as “fresh” Chick Fil A!! ?

I’m glad the Duggars and Bateses are being SO HELPFUL and SO SERVANTLIKE while diverting attention from relief efforts onto their own grifting asses!

• Upvote 12

Jana used to be my pet fundy, she just seemed to have it a little more together than the other older girls and I geel like on a couple occasions I got a "I'm so over your shit" vibe from her with her sisters (Jessa) 

But after seeing her Bahamas post where she's walking around in what looks like Birkenstocks (open toe, no back) well I just gottta say. 

Jana... I am so over your shit.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Here's another article from yesterday praising Medic Corps. This one doesn't mention the Duggars or the Bateses but Vic Micolucci, the reporter who posted about the CFA, was along for the flight. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/helicopter-pilot-discovers-villagers-stranded-debris-bahamas-n1054536?fbclid=IwAR06o7iML9UQjxtmQZ5SVx71OPJ-5VyYjciz33plDeNT1zsXaLDZmwoST0Y

• Thank You 1

On 9/14/2019 at 4:16 PM, Ms.Pickle said:

Off topic- Annas birthday post to Michelle sayed her (michelle's) new nickname is Lolli. Does anyone else find that a tad bit weird? 

I found the whole post to be weird. Like I'm pretty sure my mother in law would question my sanity if I posted a huge paragraph for her birthday and for anyone who watched the video Michelle looks completely uncomfortable while they are singing happy birthday but quickly catches herself and adjusts her facial expression. 

• Upvote 3

I think that Anna wants to really be Michelle 2.0. Michelle and JB took her under their wing through the whole josh scandal and really treated her as their own. Us at FJ were like Anna you’re an adult, take your kids and run, josh sucks. But to Anna I’m sure she sees them as saints for caring and fixing her family. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, mstee said:

I think that Anna wants to really be Michelle 2.0. Michelle and JB took her under their wing through the whole josh scandal and really treated her as their own. Us at FJ were like Anna you’re an adult, take your kids and run, josh sucks. But to Anna I’m sure she sees them as saints for caring and fixing her family. 

And 100% supported and likely continue to financially support and provide for her growing family. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

It’s easy to say Oh Anna just take the kids and leave. But all evidence says she actually loves or at least likes her In laws very much and her kids have a huge tight knit family and every material comfort.  Ripping them away would never cross Anna’s mind.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s easy to say Oh Anna just take the kids and leave. But all evidence says she actually loves or at least likes her In laws very much and her kids have a huge tight knit family and every material comfort.  Ripping them away would never cross Anna’s mind.

Definitely. I didn’t mean to imply that in my post. More so just was just summing up the frustrations felt by most at FJ during the whole ordeal. The situation is obviously complicated and I definitely feel that Anna feels indebted to her in-laws while also being very fond of them. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, OyToTheVey said:

Disclaimer: My own prospective. Others have probably experienced something completely different.

Since we're on this topic. After 9/11( I don't want to go into details about the actual day tbh), a lot of people I know stopped giving to Red Cross. It's not a bad organization but the way the crisis was handled pissed us NYCers off. There are 9 million New Yorkers plus countless other people workers/tourists/etc. They imported clerical and other employees from other cities and paid them a lot of money. I went to college right next to City Hall( about 4 blocks from ground zero) all of my fellow classmates were trying to help. But they wouldn't let us. Our school was closed for 3 weeks and used a first aid center. Red Cross spent a crazy amount of money paying employees when they could have had a ton of skilled people who had nothing to do but sit on their hands waiting for normal. It's quite disheartening when you witness something so tragic and can't actually be productive. After that I haven't been a fan of Red Cross. 

As far as I know, the same thing happened after Haiti. It's been really hard to believe them when you've seen the opposite. Money just disappears. 

I would like to add my prospective on the Red Cross as well. I have worked with them on numerous occasions. They were at every house fire providing food and shelter for the victims. When we flooded they showed up with cleaning supplies and gift cards. Because of that I always donated to them. 

Then we had a devastating tornado in our area. It was the night before the Joplin tornado, same system actually.  I worked hard to raise money for the little town wiped off the map, through the Red Cross. Tens of thousands of dollars were raised but the people that needed the help got very little. The money that was raised specifically for the residents didn’t get to them. I haven’t donated since. 

On 9/8/2019 at 9:25 PM, DarkAnts said:

Regulations regarding where you can land a helicopter have more to do with local land zoning rules and local laws  than FAA rules. It would be interesting to know what the rules are for where they live.

At one time my side yard was a landing zone for medical helicopters. We needed 3 zones in town so we marked the football field, the park, and my yard as the zones. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

On 9/12/2019 at 7:09 PM, tabitha2 said:

History teaches us When thousands of new people from all parts of the world show up in a place that has no infrastructure to support them and actually never really did in the first place disease will spread. All the Training in the world is not going to help when the aid workers have to poop the same way and breath the same air the people they are trying to help do.

Just to clarify, the Bahamas has some of the highest standards of building codes in the world (and they are enforced). But these houses were not built for superstorms like these, which nobody could have predicted. It’s what makes disaster like this even more scary.

But yes, careful first response is imperative to prevent an even bigger disaster. We’ve seen the consequences when the response is lackluster or disorganized (e.g: New Orleans, Haiti)

Honestly, fuck the Duggars and Bates for cutting corners, being generally ignorant and taking up space when others could have been helping better. 

This is not a game. The storm displaced about 17-18% of the Bahamian population plus a lot of illegal (mostly Haitian) immigrants. 

This is the new reality for my Caribbean region. We’ve had about four Cat. 5s wrecking islands over the past couple years. 

I’ve had family members in the thick of a Cat. 5 and barely survived. I have friends whose family is missing and/or dead after Dorian. 

These fundies should help to campaign on reducing the their countries’ carbon footprint (a large contributing factor to these hurricanes devastating small islands) , but they don’t believe in fucking climate change. 

Sorry y’all. Seeing them in the Bahamas, a place where I spent part of my childhood, has been triggering. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 20

"Then we had a devastating tornado in our area. It was the night before the Joplin tornado, same system actually.  I worked hard to raise money for the little town wiped off the map, through the Red Cross. Tens of thousands of dollars were raised but the people that needed the help got very little. The money that was raised specifically for the residents didn’t get to them. I haven’t donated since."

I wouldn't donate my spit to the Red Cross. They constantly do what you describe--move into an area and take over the relief effort, all donations should go through them, and then divert the funds to other projects. They did it in the Oakland earthquake, they did it on 9/11 and they did it in the town next to mind when there was a bad fire--took over the relief and then used the funds elsewhere. I even read (a while ago and didn't save) a statement from them defending the practice--because other people need it, blah blah blah. So they have a better use for the money than the people who donated it, even if the people who donated it wanted to help their own communities.

As an aside, a long time ago I was awakened in the middle of the night by firefighters and found myself outside in the street in February in my nightgown in the middle of the night. The Red Cross showed up with coffee. She wouldn't give me any without me paying for it. Oh shit, I forgot to bring my purse.

Ask any veteran, at least of a certain age, how they feel about the Red Cross.

Edited to add: This is old but I think still relevant

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/11/19/red-cross-has-pattern-of-diverting-donations/7e2b0187-690f-4432-a7ad-040b5c67979d/?noredirect=on

Edited by patsymae
  • Upvote 9
  • Angry 1
  • Thank You 2

I know I have read in one of my World War II books that during World War II the Red Cross charged for donuts and The Salvation Army gave them away for free. That is what the GI author of the book remembered.

My grandpa also fought in World War II and afterwards he would never support the Red Cross. We didn't know why, but he said that they didn't help all of the troops.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, patsymae said:

"Then we had a devastating tornado in our area. It was the night before the Joplin tornado, same system actually.  I worked hard to raise money for the little town wiped off the map, through the Red Cross. Tens of thousands of dollars were raised but the people that needed the help got very little. The money that was raised specifically for the residents didn’t get to them. I haven’t donated since."

I wouldn't donate my spit to the Red Cross. They constantly do what you describe--move into an area and take over the relief effort, all donations should go through them, and then divert the funds to other projects. They did it in the Oakland earthquake, they did it on 9/11 and they did it in the town next to mind when there was a bad fire--took over the relief and then used the funds elsewhere. I even read (a while ago and didn't save) a statement from them defending the practice--because other people need it, blah blah blah. So they have a better use for the money than the people who donated it, even if the people who donated it wanted to help their own communities.

As an aside, a long time ago I was awakened in the middle of the night by firefighters and found myself outside in the street in February in my nightgown in the middle of the night. The Red Cross showed up with coffee. She wouldn't give me any without me paying for it. Oh shit, I forgot to bring my purse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/11/19/red-cross-has-pattern-of-diverting-donations/7e2b0187-690f-4432-a7ad-040b5c67979d/?noredirect=on

Yup same thing happened at 9/11. For those that made it over Brooklyn and Williamsburg bridges, the Hasidim community were there to greet everyone. Water, coffee, towels, aid, etc. Red Cross arrived and asked for money for coffee. 

I still want to know where the 200 million dollars went after Haiti. We all know it wasn't used on Haiti. Why is it that the IRS can track when someone cheats them out of $5 but can't find 200 millions dollars of donation money that was supposed to help on small island during a disaster?

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

Mr. Math (who was a Red Cross volunteer for a while) says that a huge percentage of their income goes to paid staff. He prefers to donate through groups with a structure already in place and a commitment not to charge costs against those donations. One example he mentioned is the United Methodist Church, which provides relief aid using a structure like this.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, patsymae said:

We've 2 tornadoes and the community turned away the Red cross after the second one after how they acted after the first tornado.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

6 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I really don't know what y'all's problem is with the Chick-Fil-A story. I am pretty sure that after Jesus healed the sick and fed the multitudes with the miracle of loaves and fishes, his disciples asked him what he wanted.  He said something like "And Lo, bringeth unto me a crispy breaded breast of fowl which hath been fried in oil and placed between two slices of leavened bread. Forgeteth not the potato slices shaped in a woven pattern."

Verily, when the days are short, ye shall have the milkshake of peppermint chip, but only then; when the days are long, ye shall have the milkshake of peach.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15
  • Love 4

14 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Verily, when the days are short, ye shall have the milkshake of peppermint chip, but only then; when the days are long, ye shall have the milkshake of peach.

Unto him he who has thanked will be, will be stated upon as my pleasure. 

• Haha 12

I see from my instagram feed this morning that the current Duggar Fam account claim in that Jason is a licensed contractor.  

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

10 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I see from my instagram feed this morning that the current Duggar Fam account claim in that Jason is a licensed contractor.  

If he is, that’s a very recent thing because no Duggars show up when you search the AR licensed contractor database.  At least Dwayne Andregg is licensed.

• Thank You 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic