IGNORED

Joy & Austin 29: RV Living

Coconut Flan

I am glad Joy Anna is having fun with her... nieces. I hope it lasts, cuz isn't she supposed to hang with girls her age, rather than the rest of the aunts?

Actually, she seems to be having a better time with them than she ever did with her sisters, except for SisterMom Jill.

joyanna.PNG

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, FighterJet said:

I am glad Joy Anna is having fun with her... nieces. I hope it lasts, cuz isn't she supposed to hang with girls her age, rather than the rest of the aunts?

Actually, she seems to be having a better time with them than she ever did with her sisters, except for SisterMom Jill.

joyanna.PNG

Joy being born after the older 4 girl's and before the younger girl's meant she was too young for one group a lot of the time and too old for the others. So I can understand why she was never the closest to her sister's growing up. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

Joy's 4 years younger than Jinger, 8 years younger than Jana and 8 to 12 years older than the little girls, she is smack in middle of a dozen and a half kids, she was lost in the shuffle, so she was the one girl and one of the few boys that was allowed to develop their own personality. Her older sisters didn't know what to do with her because she was such a tomboy and she's too much older than the little girls.  

It is great that she's got some friends but they are all married and mothers now as well, or soon will be in Carlin's case, so it is nice she has friends who aren't stepford wives.  Austin's 1/2 siblings aren't in the cult are they? 

• Upvote 11

They’re the daughters of Austin’s older half-siblings, correct? They might not be very much younger than Joy.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

On 11/26/2019 at 1:09 PM, SassyPants said:

Serious question, what will happen to the empire when JB is no longer able to float / support and make all the hard decisions for all these families?

I suspect the kids will do all right with house flipping, selling used cars, whatever other businesses JB may have going on, and living in a relatively low cost area...as long as they don't produce more than a handful of grandkids each.  I also think the next generation won't have the same "advantages" and they'll need to plan ahead; e.g., college or other technical training.

My guess is that Joe will be taking over JB's role of head businessman when JB is no longer able.  Josh doesn't seem to be a viable option and my sense is that John wouldn't be interested.  Joe is scandal-free and everyone seems to like and trust him.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They’re the daughters of Austin’s older half-siblings, correct? They might not be very much younger than Joy.

They're 17 and 14, according to the Duggar wiki.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I suspect the kids will do all right with house flipping, selling used cars, whatever other businesses JB may have going on, and living in a relatively low cost area...as long as they don't produce more than a handful of grandkids each.  I also think the next generation won't have the same "advantages" and they'll need to plan ahead; e.g., college or other technical training.

My guess is that Joe will be taking over JB's role of head businessman when JB is no longer able.  Josh doesn't seem to be a viable option and my sense is that John wouldn't be interested.  Joe is scandal-free and everyone seems to like and trust him.

I don't know about Joe, I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed, not to mention I think he's a simple creature and likes to keep his head down and work, and not be in charge of anything. I can see Jed, Jer or Jason taking over. If it weren't for their moronic patriarchal BS Jana would be the perfect candidate to run the family 'empire'. 

• Upvote 16

Joy has not had many friends her own age since they split her up from the lost boys. I hope she enjoys being around people that are closer in age to her. She was forced to grow up so quickly.

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Joy has not had many friends her own age since they split her up from the lost boys. I hope she enjoys being around people that are closer in age to her. She was forced to grow up so quickly.

And maybe that’s one of the reason she both married and had a baby at such a young age...far younger than her Duggar sisters.

• Upvote 7

On 11/25/2019 at 4:23 PM, Eponine said:

All this discussion about buying houses makes me laugh/cry as I imagine buying a "house" in my neighborhood. A small one-bedroom-plus-office apartment in my building recently sold for $1.3 million,

Twice in my life, I've experienced 'house sales for a dollar' once in PA and once in MD. Both times, the cities were selling off beautiful old homes that were in SORE need of repair. I nearly bought one, but didn't because I couldn't live in the house and fix it. It was a shell.But sometimes, Rarely, a thing like that happens.

On 11/26/2019 at 1:59 PM, nvmbr02 said:

We know quite a few people that were gifted money for a down payment. 

Not happening for our kids. We did as much as we could for the Four of them to pay for their educations. After that, no weddings, no houses...

30 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Twice in my life, I've experienced 'house sales for a dollar' once in PA and once in MD. Both times, the cities were selling off beautiful old homes that were in SORE need of repair. I nearly bought one, but didn't because I couldn't live in the house and fix it. It was a shell.But sometimes, Rarely, a thing like that happens.

Not happening for our kids. We did as much as we could for the Four of them to pay for their educations. After that, no weddings, no houses...

Unfortunately, in my town, when it’s something like that, it’s $500k , easy. It’s ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Does Joy only wear glasses whilst pregnant? Not starting speculation, just a question.

No, she wears them frequently. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

16 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

When this happens in my area they're selling the whole building so it's still not affordable even if it's way cheaper than other property. I knew someone who bought one of these completely run down, unlivable brownstones 10-15 years ago and it was $1 million (for reference the unit I mentioned before selling for $1.3 million is 1/8 of a brownstone). Not to mention the money you'd need to put into repairing it - they eventually fixed it up enough to rent out the top 2 floors but it cost a huge amount to get it that far. No way is anything selling for $1 in Brooklyn. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

News bites that Austin is being sued for fraud over the septic in one of the houses he flipped. Is this old news???

Nope, this is new. The InTouch article revealed it has to do with a faulty septic tank and system. The article also mentions that Austin said he would get a permit when he signed the contract with the couple. Austin says its not required in Arkansas to get permits. So, it looks like Austin screwed up when he signed the contract with the couple. 

• Thank You 4

Saw this on another page and came over to see if it was being discussed. I sympathize with the new homeowners because no one wants septic problems! I worry about ours after seeing the shoddy repairs the previous owners did to other parts of this house. 

A few weeks after we moved in, I kept complaining to my husband that I smelled sewage but he said he didn't. It got to the point where I started blocking off all the floor vents to keep the smell out. Finally he looked under the house and realized 1: the lid to the septic tank was open slightly (venting right up here to my home office) and 2: the people had NEVER ATTACHED the pipe the leads from the toilet to the septic tank! So raw sewage was literally pouring out under our house! It was so disgusting. And somehow, that passed inspection!

So anyway, I feel for the new owners and hope they can get this sorted out. It will be interesting to see.

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

Geez, these Duggars and their constant law suits. Shady bunch.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

I came here to discuss the latest Duggar scandal! Wow, Austin sure comes off like an asshole in that article. I would never expect that a fundie, patriarchal male who married into the Duggar family would like and DEFRAUD people. Haha Austin NIKE, you DEFRAUDER.

That said, I feel badly for the couple he sold that house to. I hope they get proper justice (their money back, Austin to repay all fees, Austin to have to clean up the sewage himself...)

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 5

Cutting corners all the time and then feigning ignorance when it bites them in the ass?  How very Duggary. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

We had our house on the market years ago and in order to list it, we had to have the septic tank inspected and emptied within 30 days of listing the house. We had to use a qualified septic tank inspector and get a certificate of inspection and proof of emptying to attach to the listing. (We changed our minds and took the house off the market, but we knew the tank was good)

This was in Arizona. Rules/laws may vary in different states. 

• Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic