Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Joy & Austin 29: RV Living

Recommended Posts

just_ordinary

I will say, their name choices are the most similar to my own taste comparing to the rest. Gideon and Annabelle are such old but elegant names. And old enough to be used again. They also match their surname very well. 

I am glad they seem to get support and feel comfortable to take it (because sometimes people offer support but it’s just not what you need at that point). From my point of view they seem to deal with it very graciously which is surprising to me considering their age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theotherelise

Joy seems to be at a very healthy place.

I keep not mentioning it, but for as long as I remember in my 30 years, Elise has meant “consecrated to God.” Every time Joy says it means “God satisfies,” it just throws me off. My mom was very particular and vocal about choosing my name for the meaning.

looking online it appears that “pledged to God” or “oath of God” or “consecrated to God” are much more commonly listed meanings. But there is one reference to “God satisfies” in the Hebrew origins. But taken through French (and further derived from Elizabeth) maybe it lost that meaning for the most part.

I can’t find anywhere that lists “God has favored me” for Annabelle either.

Anyway, it really doesn’t matter, baby name meanings seem fairly arbitrary at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
meee
1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

Joy seems to be at a very healthy place.

I keep not mentioning it, but for as long as I remember in my 30 years, Elise has meant “consecrated to God.” Every time Joy says it means “God satisfies,” it just throws me off. My mom was very particular and vocal about choosing my name for the meaning.

looking online it appears that “pledged to God” or “oath of God” or “consecrated to God” are much more commonly listed meanings. But there is one reference to “God satisfies” in the Hebrew origins. But taken through French (and further derived from Elizabeth) maybe it lost that meaning for the most part.

I can’t find anywhere that lists “God has favored me” for Annabelle either.

Anyway, it really doesn’t matter, baby name meanings seem fairly arbitrary at this point.

Edited because I had second thoughts. May add more later.

Edited by meee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobology

From Day 1 or Day 2 Joy said that god gave them peace over Annabelle's passing, and they do seem to be at peace over losing her. The following is all supposition: I have wondered if perhaps Annabelle had a condition that was incompatible with life* (as I've read it is called) and through the experience of delivering her and holding her Joy and Austin could very well see that their precious daughter had such a condition. That might help in their feelings of acceptance. Their peace may be that they themselves did nothing to cause said condition and Annabelle could be healthy in heaven. 

Lauren, on the other hand, had no opportunity to see and hold her baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
SweetJuly

@theotherelise I think the confusion over the meaning of Elise derives from the original name Elisheba/Elisheva being unclear. I'd say that "Eli" obviously means "my G-d", but the second part of the name becomes murky. Many Hebrew words are spelled the same but have different meanings based on the context. Sheba and sheva are spelled the same in Hebrew, but have different meanings: sheba meaning something like "abundance" and "sheva" meaning either "seven" or possibly "oath".

So depending on which pronounciation/transliteration of the Hebrew name you base your interpretation, the meaning of the name will differ.

Annabelle derives from Anna which is Chana in Hebrew, and means "grace" or "favour". I think that's from where they are getting the "god has favoured me".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
scoutsadie
On 11/4/2019 at 10:30 AM, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Hahaha, I apologize for being the world's biggest archaeology nerd.

No apology necessary for that, @PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea!! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
meee
13 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

@theotherelise I think the confusion over the meaning of Elise derives from the original name Elisheba/Elisheva being unclear. I'd say that "Eli" obviously means "my G-d", but the second part of the name becomes murky. Many Hebrew words are spelled the same but have different meanings based on the context. Sheba and sheva are spelled the same in Hebrew, but have different meanings: sheba meaning something like "abundance" and "sheva" meaning either "seven" or possibly "oath".

So depending on which pronounciation/transliteration of the Hebrew name you base your interpretation, the meaning of the name will differ.

Annabelle derives from Anna which is Chana in Hebrew, and means "grace" or "favour". I think that's from where they are getting the "god has favoured me".

I think it is "shefa" that is abundance, no? I thought it was a matter of "sava" = satiation (see Deuteronomy 8:10), vs. "sheva" = seven or oath. 

(And I messaged @theotherelise a way longer version of this....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peaches-n-Beans

Okay i'm not gonna lie I have never put this much thought into what someone else names their child. All i can think of when I think of Annabelle is the horror movie (which I've never even seen but my sister is a horror movie nut) myself. I do like the name well enough and I like Elise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
SweetJuly

@meee Sorry, you're correct. Serves me right for trying to type and double-check this while at work.... :my_dodgy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977

Joy got bangs!

It also looks like her hair is darker but she commented that she’s never dyed it. I’m jealous of her natural highlights.

 

D27D8C8F-1CF8-4EB4-AF34-F5879A048954.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
princessmahina

It definitely looks like she dyed it— maybe just the filter? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viii

She’s a beautiful young woman. For drinking the Koop-aid as much as she has, she’s probably the most reasonable, level headed Duggar girl. While she married young and became a young mom, I'm glad all her passions weren’t beat out of her, and she’s able to get her hands dirty with Austin. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977
13 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

It definitely looks like she dyed it— maybe just the filter? 

She said it was probably the lighting, but I’m guessing it’s most likely the filter.

Edited by VBOY9977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nervous
Tim-Tom Biblethumper

The bangs look great on her!  And she got layers too.  She looks like a different person.
 

Edited by Tim-Tom Biblethumper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marmalade

I almost didn't recognize her at first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nargus

She looks beautiful. Austin’s beard looks scraggly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
allthegoodnamesrgone

It is no shave November, I wonder if they know what the meaning behind it is?  I just hope that they are keeping each other company during this time when they should be having baby #2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
mango_fandango

Ooh yeah she does look amazing! 
I’ve never been very adventurous with my hair, the only real thing I’ve done was get it cut from boob length to shoulder length. That reminds me, I need to get it cut again. It’s much easier to deal with when it’s short. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
therulesofjinx

Every time I see someone with bangs I think "those are super cute! I should get bangs!" and then I remember having them in my mid-twenties and how long they took to grow out....and after I finally grew them out, I promptly got a pixie cut...and then it took years and years to grow that out when I got tired of it. So- reminder to self- don't get bangs; you'll just want to grow them out.

Also, Joy looks great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
allthegoodnamesrgone
1 hour ago, therulesofjinx said:

Every time I see someone with bangs I think "those are super cute! I should get bangs!" and then I remember having them in my mid-twenties and how long they took to grow out....and after I finally grew them out, I promptly got a pixie cut...and then it took years and years to grow that out when I got tired of it. So- reminder to self- don't get bangs; you'll just want to grow them out.

Also, Joy looks great.

I do the same thing, I had bangs pretty much from my teen years until my early 30's when I grew them out and that was a nightmare. I graduated in 1988 so my youth was spent with lots of perms LOTS AND LOTS OF PERMS, I never realized until I was in my late 20's, when I stopped perming my hair, that I have 2 cowlicks on either side of my forehead, at the hair line. Bangs were then the bane of my existence, but I had always had bangs, so I was too scared to grow them out, it was horrible when I finally did it.  Then my dumb ass went and got bangs again when I turned 40.  I've made my hairstylest/friend promise to NEVER EVER listen to me when I ask for bangs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretzel
10 hours ago, viii said:

She’s a beautiful young woman. For drinking the Koop-aid as much as she has, she’s probably the most reasonable, level headed Duggar girl. While she married young and became a young mom, I'm glad all her passions weren’t beat out of her, and she’s able to get her hands dirty with Austin. 😏

Some things they did in the past I thought were really dumb. Like, taking a very-pregnant woman on an adventure "babymoon" and sitting in a canoe in the winter on an ice cold lake. Yeah. 😏 Austin came off as a bit taciturn, too. However, some time has passed and Joy and Austin have surprised me. They seem to love each other, adore Gideon, they know their responsibilities and they aren't lazy. On top of that, they appear grounded and pragmatic. No ridiculous over-thinking, no drama. They probably have found their place in life and are content with where they are, who they are, and who they're with. That's a great basis for dealing with whatever life throws your way in the here and now. 

Edited by Pretzel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
OyToTheVey

Ok so this is gonna sound kinda fetishy: I always notice a guys hands. It's just my thing. After years of staring at musicians playing piano or guitar, I just notice mens hands. Austin builds stuff and does construction but his hands are clean! I like that. Seriously, one of the first things I noticed in the picture. A lot of men don't have hands like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viii
10 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I just hope that they are keeping each other company during this time when they should be having baby #2. 

We don't have any reason to assume they're not. Austin has proven to be a good husband in this regard, so I'm sure he's being extra attentive towards her right now. I just hope there are other people in their support system, because Austin needs to be supported as well. Joy isn't the only one who lost a child. 

45 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Some things they did in the past I thought were really dumb. Like, taking a very-pregnant woman on an adventure "babymoon" and sitting in a canoe in the winter on an ice cold lake. Yeah. 😏 Austin came off as a bit taciturn, too. However, some time has passed and Joy and Austin have surprised me. They seem to love each other, adore Gideon, they know their responsibilities and they aren't lazy. On top of that, they appear grounded and pragmatic. No ridiculous over-thinking, no drama. They probably have found their place in life and are content with where they are, who they are, and who they're with. That's a great basis for dealing with whatever life throws your way in the here and now. 

I have to wonder how much of that was forced by TLC, though. 

I will always cringe at Joy wearing flip flops while working construction, however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
allthegoodnamesrgone
1 hour ago, viii said:

We don't have any reason to assume they're not. Austin has proven to be a good husband in this regard, so I'm sure he's being extra attentive towards her right now. I just hope there are other people in their support system, because Austin needs to be supported as well. Joy isn't the only one who lost a child. 

I have to wonder how much of that was forced by TLC, though. 

I will always cringe at Joy wearing flip flops while working construction, however. 

That is kind of what I was getting at by keep each other company, I hope they are supporting each other right now, and I think they have a very good support system in Austin's family, the Forsyth's seem much more involved with each others lives than the surface "happy family" that the Duggar's put forth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AussieKrissy

So Joy might not be in the camper much longer. Says she is renovating and plans to stay in this one for awhile. 

6B057224-F458-441D-ABD0-1B6F395E242F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.