Austin is a pilot???

Yes.

"grieving and stuff"?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Yes.

"grieving and stuff"?

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has called Joy one of the more articulate Duggars.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

"when asked if she and the pilot, 25, want another baby."

Austin is a pilot???

He is lol he just doesn’t base every single thing in his life around that fact, unlike someone else we know...

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

I’m glad to hear that they have a new house, that Annabel is buried at Fort Rock, and that they’re not trying to conceive again yet. They seem to be coping very well. Take notes, Lauren.

• Upvote 40
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Austin is a pilot???

So is John David. Just in case anyone forgot. ;) 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 44
  • Thank You 2

I’m not sure about Joy’s latest IG photo. Obviously it is on point with Joy, Jessa, Abbie..but were Kendra, Anna and Lauren that visibly pregnant in June? Plus, isn’t Kendra in a dress that she was recently photographed in, and which was posted on her IG? Regardless, if Joy’s words are how she actually feels, and what she truly believes beyond keeping sweet, they were very touching.

• Confused 4

Given Joy's limited education, I'm not surprised about her lack of eloquence. She was probably taught by an older sister, who learned her "wisdom" from Wisdom books.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’m not sure about Joy’s latest IG photo. Obviously it is on point with Joy, Jessa, Abbie..but were Kendra, Anna and Lauren that visibly pregnant in June? Plus, isn’t Kendra in a dress that she was recently photographed in, and which was posted on her IG? Regardless, if Joy’s words are how she actually feels, and what she truly believes beyond keeping sweet, they were very touching.

You mean the pregnancy photo shoot? It was taken just after Ivy was born and before Grandma Mary died (because she posed with Jessa and Ivy). Not sure if that’s what you’re asking, but it was definitely taken sometime between May 26th (Ivy’s birthday) and June 9th (when Grandma Mary died). 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Here's the post in question: 

I would be surprised if Joy wrote this without help. It's not Duggar syntax and vocab at all. Correct plural possessives, words like dichotomy and negate. It's a long way from "grieving and stuff." 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 22
  • Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Here's the post in question: 

I would be surprised if Joy wrote this without help. It's not Duggar syntax and vocab at all. Correct plural possessives, words like dichotomy and negate. It's a long way from "grieving and stuff." 

I think they have someone who helps them write/writes lengthy/important posts like this for them. It’s always the same writing style. Whoever it is does a good job. No idea if there’s a Duggar who’s naturally gifted in this area or if it’s a hired PR person.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think they have someone who helps them write/writes lengthy/important posts like this for them. It’s always the same writing style. Whoever it is does a good job. No idea if there’s a Duggar who’s naturally gifted in this area or if it’s a hired PR person.

I feel like it must be a hired PR person, I don’t think the Duggar’s have it in them. But Even if someone did help them write this I would hope it’s what Joy wanted to say but expressed more eloquently then she’s capable of doing on her own. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 10

An interesting take from that article was Joy speculating on how many children they might have. It wasn’t clear if she was asked how many she thought they have, but the number four was mentioned. Her c-section followed by her loss seems to have given Joy some perspective that God doesn’t give everyone 19 kids even if you want it. I wonder if/when they will take over at his parents’ camp.  They also mentioned moving into a house. I wonder if that’s somewhat permanent or another flip.

• Upvote 17

I also noticed the number four mentioned, which seemed kind of random, and the fact that she said she would be fine with it if God blesses them with a few more. Both seemed like kind of odd/random sentiments, but now I’m wondering if she was expressing that she thinks she’ll have at least four and that if God gives them more than four, that’s fine, but she’s not assuming?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I also noticed the number four mentioned, which seemed kind of random, and the fact that she said she would be fine with it if God blesses them with a few more. Both seemed like kind of odd/random sentiments, but now I’m wondering if she was expressing that she thinks she’ll have at least four and that if God gives them more than four, that’s fine, but she’s not assuming?

I have always been told that four is the magic number for number of safe c sections. Perhaps that is stuck in her head after a doctor has said it to her..... 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

I'm glad Joy and Austin are taking time to grieve and focusing on their relationship and raising Gideon. They are also taking into consideration that they may only be able to have 3 or 4 children, given Joy needing a c section with Gideon. While I doubt they will ever be non fundie, I see them being one of the more happier couples. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

Though I admire the amount of support they've had, I paused at "My mom would write down scripture for me and post it everywhere." I hope that was what Joy wanted, and not done to prevent her from falling from her faith. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

On 11/1/2019 at 1:08 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I found nothing snark worthy about that article.  It sounds like Joy and Austin have good grasp on reality, and they have a good support system. They are smart taking time for her body and mind to heal before TTC again.  Aside from her lack of a eloquence of words, they are dealing with their loss in a healthy way, and planning for the future. 

At least we know she has more brains then her mother and actually seems to care about her health and the health of furture children. So good on her for not buy a ng into Michelle lol aid about popping them out as fast as possible no matter what.

• Upvote 8

I have no snark. Joy seems to be handling the loss her way. Seems like she’s in a good headspace. Psychologically what she’s saying is very healthy. They remember the pregnancy, celebrate her birth, saddened by her death and happy for her sisters. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

I know they were going for Pinterest/Instagram chic, but when you pause and look at it, that photo is super culty.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, bal maiden said:

I know they were going for Pinterest/Instagram chic, but when you pause and look at it, that photo is super culty.

Completely agree!  They would hate this but they totally look like pagan fertility priestesses. 

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

Completely agree!  They would hate this but they totally look like pagan fertility priestesses. 

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the picture. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 11/2/2019 at 8:33 PM, OyToTheVey said:

I have no snark. Joy seems to be handling the loss her way. Seems like she’s in a good headspace. Psychologically what she’s saying is very healthy. They remember the pregnancy, celebrate her birth, saddened by her death and happy for her sisters. 

I feel the same way. It must be hard for them to deal with such a horrible loss, while being in the public eye. I would not blame either of them if they were falling apart but they both seem to be supporting each other and Joy in particular has been open about how her family and friends have rallied round her. Michelle giving her some scriptures may seem strange to most people but I wonder if Michelle was giving her ones that may have been comfort when she lost Jubilee, Austin's sister buying her a necklace with Annabell's name on it, Anna looking after Gideon so her and Jana can get their nail's done and have a coffee, Carlin flying out not long after her wedding to support Joy and do her makeup and take family pictures with Annabell. I'm glad she is getting support around her. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 10

21 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

My head went right to Minoan snake priestesses and I was all, "no way a Duggar showed off her breasts!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoan_religion

Hahaha, I apologize for being the world's biggest archaeology nerd.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

I am beyond impressed with how Austin and Joy are handling this difficult season of their lives. Nothing to snark on, imo. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic