IGNORED

Joy & Austin 29: RV Living

Coconut Flan

16 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

What brothers when with them? I can't tell the howlers apart. 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's Jason, James and Justin. The ones closest in age to Joy besides the twins. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

@Kelsey my friends tried to pry it out from me for some years, when we were in our early 20s. Now that we're reaching our 30s and frankly aren't as dramatic with our actions and opinions. Everything was so black and white. If this was your opinion, you must be supporting X party and you're horrible. If you voted for Y party member, it meant you're pretentious. It was as if we refused to see the good sides of people we don't 100% agree with?! Damned be the young brain! And regarding a person's outward appearance... back in Glasgow couple of my friends thought I was a vegetarian, and many of my coursemates thought I was a lesbian just based on what I wear. Holy crackers on a stick how narrow that was.

My maw has told me to not vote for certain parties, well, she's visibly hoped I won't. And my eldest sister, a narcissist, basically forces her parties and views on me and would probably make a huge public social media post about how disgusting her sister is for not voting for the same, perfect party as she does. Yay family!

The only vote I've been vocal and publicly passionate about was the Yes vote for Scottish independence.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Looks like Gideon was at Kendra and Joe’s while Joy and Austin were on their hunting trip. It would be much less chaotic there than the TTH for the little guy. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Markie said:

Looks like Gideon was at Kendra and Joe’s while Joy and Austin were on their hunting trip. It would be much less chaotic there than the TTH for the little guy. 

Joy said he stayed with Josiah and Lauren and Austin’s family

Spoiler

5C38139C-C2CF-42C0-9DAC-FFDC81851D64.thumb.jpeg.32360cf6f06250e01205897e687244ee.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Joy said he stayed with Josiah and Lauren and Austin’s family

Reveal hidden contents

5C38139C-C2CF-42C0-9DAC-FFDC81851D64.thumb.jpeg.32360cf6f06250e01205897e687244ee.jpeg

Isn’t it weird to ask a stranger on the internet who’s babysitting their toddler, and even weirder for them to answer?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 21
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I find it interesting that they put Gideon in the care of Lauren right now.

Or any person in their final weeks of pregnancy. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Or any person in their final weeks of pregnancy. 

Right.  As far as we know, sister-mom Jill isn't pregnant.  Kendra and Anna are in their final weeks, but Abbie isn't.  Michelle certainly isn't pregnant.  But Gideon was left with Si (who I'd expect to be working, at least part-time) and heavily pregnant, crying for Asa, Lauren.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

It seems like Lauren and Josiah would be excited to “practice” parenting for a few days. If Joy was still pregnant, she would have been taking care of Gideon so there’s really no difference. It might have helped Lauren focus on something else for a little bit.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, JDuggs said:

It seems like Lauren and Josiah would be excited to “practice” parenting for a few days. If Joy was still pregnant, she would have been taking care of Gideon so there’s really no difference. It might have helped Lauren focus on something else for a little bit.

I kind of agree with you. I think Lauren and Josiah would've been thrilled, adn it's likely that Austins family had him just as much since she says both of them watched him.

7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Right.  As far as we know, sister-mom Jill isn't pregnant.  Kendra and Anna are in their final weeks, but Abbie isn't.  Michelle certainly isn't pregnant.  But Gideon was left with Si (who I'd expect to be working, at least part-time) and heavily pregnant, crying for Asa, Lauren.

I mean we all see how Jill handles her own kids and seems constantly stressed out, so I can see Joy not wanting to stick another kid with her, especially with Derick in school. Joy grew up with MEchelle, so I don't blame her for not putting him there, she may as well just have given him to Johanna if she was gonna leave him with Michelle. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

40 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I mean we all see how Jill handles her own kids and seems constantly stressed out, so I can see Joy not wanting to stick another kid with her, especially with Derick in school. Joy grew up with MEchelle, so I don't blame her for not putting him there, she may as well just have given him to Johanna if she was gonna leave him with Michelle.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not recommending that anyone leave their child with Jill and Wreck, but I still thought that Joy would prefer her over Lauren right now.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

There are a lot of perfectly valid reasons for why they may have asked Lauren and Josiah over Jill and Derick. 

Jill, Derick or one of the boys could have been sick and they didn't want to expose Gideon. Gideon could be not sleeping well and Jill and Derick were afraid of how it might impact the boys, Derick could have a particularly hellish week with school and be swamped. Jill and Derick don't have a good space set up etc. 

We also don't know how much time he spent with Austin's parents. They might have been the primary carertakers. 

This doesn't back up the speculation that Joy isn't thrilled with Lauren lately but it doesn't necessarily refute it either. She can be pissed with how Lauren has been acting but still know that her and Josiah will love on and take great care of Gideon.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

Maybe they put Gideon with SiRen so that TLC can film one of their tired old 'parents expecting a baby learn what it's really like to have kids, can they cope?!?!1' things.

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 16
  • Love 2

I get the feeling that Derrick is done with the Duggars and Jill’s dependency  on her family over him.  If it weren’t for the boys I get the feeling Derrick would be long gone.  This marriage is a classic example of don’t get married to have sex.  Lust will not sustain a relationship. 

BTW:  Sooner or later one of these Duggar siblings’ marriages will crumble.  It will be interesting to see where the fault lines start.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

I get the feeling that Derrick is done with the Duggars and Jill’s dependency  on her family over him.  If it weren’t for the boys I get the feeling Derrick would be long gone.  This marriage is a classic example of don’t get married to have sex.  Lust will not sustain a relationship. 

BTW:  Sooner or later one of these Duggar siblings’ marriages will crumble.  It will be interesting to see where the fault lines start.

If this does happen, I hope it's not one of the more "liberal looking" couples. Their religious community might be quick to point out and blame the differences in backgrounds to cause the split. Derrick, Ben,and Jeremy were not raised with Gothard beliefs. It appears the Duggar males are sticking closer to their life long mold. Maybe these are the type of women they feel more comfortable and safe with. Time will tell.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Austin’s parents have groups in to their camp on weekends so probably watched Gideon on the weekdays and Si and Lauren took care of him on the weekend. I am glad Joy and Austin had the support to get away for a few days. 

Edited by Markie
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

If this does happen, I hope it's not one of the more "liberal looking" couples. Their religious community might be quick to point out and blame the differences in backgrounds to cause the split. Derrick, Ben,and Jeremy were not raised with Gothard beliefs. It appears the Duggar males are sticking closer to their life long mold. Maybe these are the type of women they feel more comfortable and safe with. Time will tell.

Well, it is probably more likely that it is one of the more "liberal looking" couples, since they are the ones being challenged. If JoKen will never realize it if they don't like each other anymore because it does not occur to them that there could be issues. Whereas Derrick would be way more likely to raise issues in the relationship.

• Upvote 5

On 10/10/2019 at 5:13 PM, just_ordinary said:

With just two or three options it’s obviously easier to pin point. 

This is a good point, when I say “who I vote for” I’m generally referring to the House of Representatives, where there’s really only a handful of parties and you know the election will be won by one of two. In the senate on the other hand, there are like 120 boxes to number in order of preference and I have no idea who most people put first.

• Upvote 3

It’s a nice message, but did you notice he says they were dating since she was 17. Joy said they weren’t courting at Jinger’s wedding and that was only 3 years ago (almost). Math is not my strong suit, but this does not add up to me. Also, that would make Austin 21 when they started ‘dating’.

Edited by CharlieInCharge
Added thought
  • Upvote 4

Austin's message was a nice birthday message, I have always thought they were one of the better suited Duggar couple's. A lot of their birthday messages seem to be generic with something about Jesus and God, Austin seemed to actually put thought into it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

It’s a nice message, but did you notice he says they were dating since she was 17. Joy said they weren’t courting at Jinger’s wedding and that was only 3 years ago (almost). Math is not my strong suit, but this does not add up to me. Also, that would make Austin 21 when they started ‘dating’.

I just thought that they may have started the getting to know you stage when she was seventeen and that’s what he counts as them being together all that time.   That would actually be a pretty long relationship time frame that we haven’t seen from the Duggars. 

• Upvote 11

In the last episode Austin talked about what he has wanted in a wife, and it was surprisingly feminist stuff like “comfortable with herself” and “not overly concerned with her appearance.”

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

I would not go that far. Sounds like just another way of saying he wanted a comfortable modest woman to me and Not like he was going to say he wanted a vain insecure wife is it? 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic