IGNORED

RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Audrey2

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

We CANNOT allow that *%^#* to nominate some asshole to the Supreme Court.

Mark my words: the republicans will have a nominee on the table ASAP and they will ram that person through before the election. Please vote Trump out Americans. Limit his damage to the shambles that is here now.

edit: and here we go - Moscow Mitch has already said he'll have a vote on a candidate for her spot on the Supreme Court. I thought he might wait till the funeral - at least officially 

Edited by browngrl
because in 2020 there is always more sh*t
  • Upvote 13
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

I honestly think it might be time for the blue states to look at breaking off and hooking up with Canada or doing something on their own.

22 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sadly, we need three other Rs who would follow Murkowski:

image.png.ada7d8604feac62e12a63a533aa2e30a.png

Maybe Romney will pull through. Not sure who else may have any amount of integrity left. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

I'm sure Susie will buckle under the orange pressure. Even if she didn't, and if Murkowski sticks to her guns, there would still have to be one other R with principle to go against seating a new justice.

image.png.4017e54f7ec053f5312fb3df94a98c35.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

Twitler is doing a superspreader rally in MN. This is disgusting.

• Disgust 11
  • WTF 2

Mark Kelly is ahead in the Arizona polls. I believe if he wins the election he would take the seat end of November. That may be too late, but another possible positive sign. Really grasping at straws now. 

I wish we lived near DC

• Upvote 1
  • Love 8

4 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

Mark Kelly is ahead in the Arizona polls. I believe if he wins the election he would take the seat end of November. That may be too late, but another possible positive sign. Really grasping at straws now. 

I'm afraid it will be too late. To misquote R.E.M., "It's the end of the world as we know it and I DON'T feel fine."

• Sad 12
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm sure Susie will buckle under the orange pressure. Even if she didn't, and if Murkowski sticks to her guns, there would still have to be one other R with principle to go against seating a new justice.

image.png.4017e54f7ec053f5312fb3df94a98c35.png

Collins will do what ever the GOP tells her to. America died today, the GOP will take this seat and rub it in liberals faces. I could vomit. I'm also looking at Canada or France. There is nothing to stop the GOP from completely stealing this election no matter how blatantly they fix it.  

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Sadly, I think Donald and Mitch will push through the biggest dick they can find, figuratively and possibly literally, too. (I'm not sure that they would nominate a woman.)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

8 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

I wish we lived near DC

McFuckface will have this seat filled by Tuesday. After that it's over for America. They've stacked federal courts and now they have the SCOUS they don't even have to pretend they are following the constitution.  The election is over, the rich have won. Until liberals pull their high & mighty heads out of their non violent asses America is lost to the fascists/GOP/Putin.   

7 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Sadly, I think Donald and Mitch will push through the biggest dick they can find, figuratively and possibly literally, too. (I'm not sure that they would nominate a woman.)

HA a woman, Don is too much of a misogynist to do that. What ever man they have that will suck don's dick is in. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

I still have a tiny sliver of hope. It isn't more than a thread, but it is there. I think there may be some R Senators that may wait until after the election to vote, if they are in a tight race and they feel it will help them.

I am very worried about a lame duck confirmation in the event that happens. 

Sadly, I think America died 4 years ago. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

I followed the Fox tweet that @GreyhoundFan posted, and Fox is mentioning Amy Coney Barrett. She has seven kids, from what they said. That tells me plenty.

Here's her Wikipedia entry, which also lists notable cases she weighed in on. Most importantly, (and this makes my stomach churn). It tells me all I need to know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Coney_Barrett

Barrett is a practicing Roman Catholic.[31]

While a full-time faculty member at Notre Dame, Barrett was affiliated with Faculty for Life, a pro-life group at the University of Notre Dame. In 2015, Barrett signed a joint letter to Catholic bishops which affirmed the Church's teachings including "the value of human life from conception to natural death," and that family and marriage are "founded on the indissoluble commitment of a man and a woman."[83][84]

Edited by Audrey2
forgot link
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 4

2 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

I still have a tiny sliver of hope. It isn't more than a thread, but it is there. I think there may be some R Senators that may wait until after the election to vote, if they are in a tight race and they feel it will help them.

I am very worried about a lame duck confirmation in the event that happens. 

Sadly, I think America died 4 years ago. 

I wish I had your hope, but nope, not an honest one in the bunch. I wish I had any hope but it died with RBG. I'm looking into getting my kids out of the US, if I can bet myself out, I will get my kids out DD can easily go to any grad school in any country. she's on the deans list of a major Big Ten Uni & my son will go with her if I pull out the mama "please take care of your little sister" card he's 22 and he can go to Uni if he applies. DH is turning 60 w/ no education not even a HS diploma he's not going to get into any country aside from as a political refugee, I'm just your average 50 yr old woman with no special skills I don't have any medical skills, nor am I a teacher or anything else that would be a useful trade to be good to get me a work visa in another country. But if I can save my kids it will be worth it.  

I may sound dramatic, but I'm terrified right now, there is now NOTHING stopping Putin and the the GOP from completely turning the US into a communist country. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

55 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Mark my words: the republicans will have a nominee on the table ASAP and they will ram that person through before the election. Please vote Trump out Americans. Limit his damage to the shambles that is here now.

Different take from the politicos in my household. We'll see a nomination soon, surely, but not a vote for it because this gives vulnerable GOP legislators an issue that they can "thoughtfully consider" to sweep in more centrists during the mean time, making this a double dip on branches of legislature.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, WiseGirl said:

Those belly crawling Republican colleagues won't get this. "But it's different," they'll say. They are salivating so heavily at this chance that their saliva could extinguish all of the wildfires in the west.

• Upvote 5

Life as we know it has ended tonight- VOTE - if you live in Iowa, Georgia, South Carolina VOTE Blue for your Senator RIP RBG

Mitch the Turtle is having his biggest wet dream tonight. 

• I Agree 6

RBG’s poor body isn’t even cold yet, Yertle and you spray-tanned son of a bitch.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 14
  • Angry 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6

Best. Supreme. Court.  Justice. Ever.

Moscow Mitch better not even think of letting Bunker Bitch have this pick.

Edited by SPHASH
Correction
  • Upvote 4

I’m crying. I was hoping so hard that she would be able to hang on till the election. 

Edited by Giraffe
Words are important
  • I Agree 11

13 minutes ago, countressrascal said:

Mitch the Turtle is having his biggest wet dream tonight. 

I am getting the most disgusting and inappropriate visual now. I'll see myself to the prayer closet and will take the brain bleach with me. I'm not sure there's enough brain bleach on Free Jinger to get the image of the turtle's head peeking out of its shell out of my mind.

Edited by Audrey2