IGNORED

RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Audrey2

5 minutes ago, Becky said:

?What a tremendous loss, I am so upset. 2020 can fuck right off. 

I am sure the Senate will hold off approval of any nominee until after the election, just like 2016, right?

We're not gonna call it the Merrick Garland rule, we're gonna call it the goddamn Mitch McConnell rule. 

I swear to God, Dems better show some backbone and keep a titanium-enforced united front on this. They managed to find some backbone this past year and I hope they keep it. 

• Upvote 23
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

We're not gonna call it the Merrick Garland rule, we're gonna call it the goddamn Mitch McConnell rule. 
I swear to God, Dems better show some backbone and keep a titanium-enforced united front on this. They managed to find some backbone this past year and I hope they keep it. 

The thing is no amount of backbone would help. The republicans have the majority, plain and simple. I don’t think there is anything to be done if they decide to ram a nominee through. Fucking hypocrites.
  • Upvote 18
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Destiny said:

The thing is no amount of backbone would help. The republicans have the majority, plain and simple. I don’t think there is anything to be done if they decide to ram a nominee through. Fucking hypocrites.

I know, but the Dems better be pointing out the insane hypocrisy of this the entire goddamn time. 

• Upvote 14

6 minutes ago, Okie_Bokie said:

OT - Nooooo!  Ruth Bader Ginsburg died.

We CANNOT allow that *%^#* to nominate some asshole to the Supreme Court.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 36

6 minutes ago, nausicaa said:
I know, but the Dems better be pointing out the insane hypocrisy of this the entire goddamn time. 

They god damn fucking well better.

Does anyone remember how the filibuster stuff worked out? Is that an option?

I just checked. Supreme Court nominations can not be filibustered. Well, they can but a simple majority can bring the nominee to a voice. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Pointing out the hypocrisy of another's actions only shames decent people. McConnell and the rest will delight in getting one over on the Democrats and everyone else in this country who isn't in the 1%. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

From the wonderful Ann Telnaes:

Spoiler

• Upvote 6
  • Love 12

And to my fellow/sister American citizens:  GET OUT AND VOTE!   WEAR A MASK AND VOTE IN PERSON AND EARLY IF YOU CAN (unless you're in a state already set up for vote by mail.)  Do NOT trust that mail-in absentee voting is going to work as it should.  If you need to register, do it!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 6

I bet Grassley, Ernst, and Collins among others are drooling over the prospect of putting a Nazi on the highest court.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

The Republicans are already saying that it's different this time because Trump isn't a lame duck president. Get ready to welcome a fetus with a law degree from Liberty University on to the Supreme Court. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 7
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

Sadly, we need three other Rs who would follow Murkowski:

image.png.ada7d8604feac62e12a63a533aa2e30a.png

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Too bad Lindsey is a massive hypocrite, so he'll just say he was joking or that it's "different now".

• Upvote 4

My stomach hurts so bad.  I think if I start throwing up that I may never stop.

• I Agree 1
  • Love 8