IGNORED

RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Audrey2

Oh crap. Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been treated for Pancreatic Cancer. It sounds like the doctors think they got all of it, but it's such a terrifying cancer. Please survive until we can get the orange menace out-of-office!

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-treated-pancreatic-184300274.html

Spoiler

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburgwas recently treated for a "localized malignant tumor" on her pancreas, a court spokesperson said Friday.

"The tumor was treated definitively and there is no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body," spokesperson Kathy Arberg said.

I know that they say they have it all, but I am still worried.

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

If anyone can kick cancer's ass, it's the Notorious RBG.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 8

She's such an inspiration. This isn't her first bit of cancer. Damn it.

Fuck Trump. I don't think she can make 6 more years. She will be in the hospital writing dissentions. Bless her.

Get him gone. Please Rufus now! Show the taxes, impeach him. Please don't let him end up being voted in again. Please!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

I just want her to live long enough for MoscowMitch to leave office and the dems take over the Senate. Remember Merrick Garland?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

The notorious RBG had her first public appearance after her treatments. Did I just hear her troll - twice! - during this video? I'd like to know what you all think...

• Upvote 6

• 10 months later...

Damnnnnn... Rufus needs to send all his power to keep her among the living until January 20, 2021. At least.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

"Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg says she is being treated for recurrence of cancer"

Spoiler

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg announced Friday that she is being treated for a recurrence of cancer, this time on her liver, but says she remains able to do her work on the Supreme Court.

“I have often said I would remain a member of the court as long as I can do the job full steam,” Ginsburg said in a written statement issued by the Supreme Court. “I remain fully able to do that.”

Ginsburg, 87, the court’s oldest member, has battled cancer four times and has had other health concerns. She was in Johns Hopkins Hospital in Maryland earlier this week for an unrelated infection related to her gallbladder.

In her statement, Ginsburg said doctors discovered lesions on her liver in February. She started treatment, but it proved unsuccessful, so she began chemotherapy in mid-May, she said. A subsequent scan, on July 7, indicated “significant reduction” of the lesions and no new disease, she said.

“I am tolerating chemotherapy well and am encouraged by the success of my current treatment,” Ginsburg said. “I will continue bi-weekly chemotherapy to keep my cancer at bay, and am able to maintain an active daily routine. Throughout, I have kept up with opinion writing and all other court work.”

Ginsburg’s health has been a continuing source of concern during recent years. If she were unable to do her job, it would leave the court’s four liberals without its leader. It would also give President Trump a chance to name a third member of the court, and cement its conservative majority for a generation.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) stopped President Barack Obama from making an election-year nomination to the Supreme Court in 2016, saying the next president should make the choice. But McConnell has said he would push through a Trump nominee this year should an opening occur.

The difference, he said, was that in this election year, the same political party controls the White House and Senate.

Trump has named Justice Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh to the high court.

Ginsburg has bounced back from each of her health scares in the past. At an appearance at the end of August 2019, Ginsburg said that her work on the Supreme Court has “kept me going” through four bouts of cancer and that she was “on my way to being very well.”

She kept up her share of opinion writing during the term, and was an active questioner during the court’s oral arguments. She participated in one teleconferenced hearing in May from her hospital bed.

Ginsburg said a periodic scan in February, followed by a biopsy, revealed lesions on her liver. Immunotherapy was not successful, she said, and she began chemotherapy on May 19.

“My most recent scan on July 7 indicated significant reduction of the liver lesions and no new disease,” she said in the news release.

Supreme Court justices choose what they reveal about their health. Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. recently confirmed he spent a night at the hospital after a fall last month only after The Washington Post learned about the incident separately.

Ginsburg said she was disclosing the new cancer diagnosis because she is “satisfied that my treatment course is now clear.”

Last August, Ginsburg said that she had completed a three-week course of stereotactic ablative radiation therapy — a highly focused treatment that concentrates an intense dose of radiation on a tumor — after a malignancy was discovered on her pancreas.

That had been the second treatment for cancer in nine months for Ginsburg. She had a portion of her left lung removed in December 2018 and in past decades was treated for colon and pancreatic cancer. She broke ribs in a fall in November 2018, which resulted in the discovery of the lung cancer.

But before a roaring crowd at the National Book Festival in Washington at the end of last summer, she declared: “This audience can see that I am alive.”

Earlier this week, Ginsburg was admitted to Hopkins after experiencing a fever and chills. The court said she was given an endoscopic procedure “to clean out a bile duct stent that was placed last August.” It is unrelated to the cancer, and Ginsburg went home earlier than had been predicted.

Ginsburg was nominated to the court in 1993 by President Bill Clinton. She is the court’s second-longest-serving justice, after Justice Clarence Thomas.

I'm going to feel nauseous about this until January.

• I Agree 12

• 2 weeks later...

I know everybody goes when it’s their time, but please Rufus let that time not be before 1Feb 2021.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 7

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, restarting my heart. When I saw her thread pop up, I feared the worst. Phew.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Okay, restarting my heart. When I saw her thread pop up, I feared the worst. Phew.

Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you! 

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe it. We were praying she could hold on until January.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 13

7 minutes ago, JMarie said:

RIP, RBG ?

NOOOOO!!!!!!  Say it isn't so!  She will be missed.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 8

RIP. She fought until the end, and my sympathies are with her family. 

From a purely selfish perspective, I was hoping she would use her superwoman powers to hold on until the new year. I am terrified at what this means for the Supreme Court. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

What are the chances Mitch will wait till after the election?

None. Because he’s the biggest hypocrite to stalk the earth. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 14

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Less than zero unfortunately.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Slim to none.  He has been waiting for this.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

?What a tremendous loss, I am so upset. 2020 can fuck right off. 

I am sure the Senate will hold off approval of any nominee until after the election, just like 2016, right?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

I just saw the news. RIP to an amazing woman, who achieved so much with her life and positively affected so many. May your spirit be at rest (and if that involves haunting Mitch for 6 months we're all fine with that. Just saying...)

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

Like any of the reich-wingers would honor any request from RBG.

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 7

I’m gutted, and I’m fucking furious that I can’t be sad because I’m too fucking terrified.

May her memory be a blessing, and may the gods help us all without her. 

C2457B75-44E2-497A-BE06-E8F7AF8699CE.jpeg

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 10