IGNORED

George’s School Curriculum... Training for a King!

tabitha2

That sounds like a lovely school. I wish there was one like that around me and I could afford it! It actually sort of sounds like the Charlotte Mason method that is popular in the American homeschool movement. It is based on a British educator's ideas, so that might be why. The people I know who use it are always teaching French, studying music, ballet and art.  

• Upvote 6

Damn. I know a big part of a quality education is parents/guardians putting in work outside the classroom*, but I really wish we could afford something like that for our kids. The curriculum sounds pretty awesome, but $23,000 a year is an absolutely astronomical amount. No way we could swing that.

*For families who can. Unfortunately, a lot of parents in the States don’t have the time or resources to do this. No judgement on anyone who can’t - just do what you can to keep your kids happy, safe, and healthy.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Damn. I know a big part of a quality education is parents/guardians putting in work outside the classroom*, but I really wish we could afford something like that for our kids. The curriculum sounds pretty awesome, but $23,000 a year is an absolutely astronomical amount. No way we could swing that.

*For families who can. Unfortunately, a lot of parents in the States don’t have the time or resources to do this. No judgement on anyone who can’t - just do what you can to keep your kids happy, safe, and healthy.

I suspect most families in Britain can’t afford that, either.  It’s an elite school for the children of the elite.

I have no idea if British public schools follow a similar curriculum, though.

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

In an academic sense, yes, the curriculum is somewhat the same, as in maths, English (although it’s usually literacy at primary school), history, geography etc. State school pupils don’t do French at that age, nor ballet. But not all private school kids do ballet either. I went to a private school from 11-18 which also had a junior school (4-11) and I’m pretty sure they didn’t do ballet. Not sure on their French lessons; I know they do do them but not sure of the age. 

At the state primary I went to, we did French once a week in years 5 and 6 (4th-5th grade age). I think they’ve changed that now because of curriculum changes between when I left 13 years ago and now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1