IGNORED

Dillards 79: Sex Education on the Fly

Coconut Flan

On 9/5/2019 at 10:36 PM, Peaches-n-Beans said:

You wanna talk about scary vibrator stories picture trying to sell a house, you have to leave in like 10 minutes because of short notice for the realtor and you take the dogs to the park, sit down on a bench and remember with horror you left not one, not two, but three vibrators plugged in on the night stand. 

Also toys for kids of people you want revenge on: Frozen recorder set.

I know this is from a thread drift, but can we PLEASE make “Don’t leave you vibrators on your nightstand” the next thread title?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 25
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Yep, they move in in two weeks XD

Well, we know the perfect housewarming gift, don't we?

• Haha 20

Speaking of vibrators, my 13 year old nephew said that in one of his classes the teacher was searching on Google and a meme popped up on the interactive board, of woody and bus from toy story, and it says why are Andy's mum's toy's called woody and buzz as well. The class laughed and the teacher was mortified. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

On 9/7/2019 at 10:40 PM, DarkAnts said:

This thread drift needs this

I laughed so hard at that that my mom asked me what I was looking at, and now I have some complicated explaining to do. :laughing-lmao: :pb_redface: :headdesk:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

I wonder if Derrick was mad at TLC because he and Jill didn’t get their own solo show. I can imagine him thinking he was interesting with his being a “missionary” in El Salvador and then his religious training. I will never believe that after graduation, Derrick will actually work as a lawyer for more than a few months. I don’t see him wanting to be below a Senior Attorney having to take orders and doing the grunt work, or even just working 10 hours a day in front of a computer. Plus, depending on where he goes to work, he may have to give up his tweeting as it will be frowned upon, if not forbidden. Working as a lawyer is not as glamorous as on TV and He won’t get the attention I think he really seeks. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I thought about the Billy Graham type rules last week. My pastor's office is a few blocks from where I work. He wanted ideas for a new ministry and I had texted him some thoughts and he asked if we could get lunch to chat more. He gave me a hug when I walked in to the sandwich place (not our normal M.O., but it was in congratulations for some recent good news I'd shared). Then he paid for my meal, we talked for an hour, and he walked me back to my office to finish up the conversation. It definitely could have looked like a date, even though we were completely in public the whole time. Somehow we managed not to jump each other or talk about anything inappropriate. Ew.

So my thing with the Billy Graham rule is that if your goal is to prevent romantic or physical affairs, it doesn't do shit. Removing an opportunity for time alone together doesn't prevent texting or emailing or talking together in public for a moment in a crowd. General f*ing Patreus and the women he was having an affair with used to sign on to the same gmail account and chat through draft emails that never got sent. If you want to cheat, you're going to cheat. If you vow to monogamy in marriage or just agree to it in your relationship, that should be all the rule you need!

That said, I think there are times in a marriage where a partner might recognize an attraction of some kind to a person who is not their partner. Taking extra steps to keep that relationship professional or platonic could make sense. But any sacrifice or expense should be encumbered by you, not the object of your attraction.

But the Billy Graham rule has mainly been touted by powerful pastors and conservative politicians. And we all know they get up to all kinds of terrible things if they want, behind closed doors. Publicly saying they won't be in a room alone with a women means nothing. If powerful pastors actually wanted accountability, they would stop consolidating power, offer to have monitoring on their computers, create an anonymous whistleblower avenue and protection, and regularly allow audits and reviews from independent boards or committees.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

Jills not a very good advertisement for that rhea clothing place. Filming and giving wrong prices, just throwing up the text to make the correction. Her photos dont do any justice to what she brought. At least Jessa took decent photos of her kids in their haul gear.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Hi, my name is Derick Dillard and I'm a troll:

Hide contents

A1C04404-3152-44C2-A5F9-5EB1C4E4C94E.thumb.jpeg.6700c1ac0e02246a24be350b09d38399.jpeg

One would be the gross human rights violations at the border and also that gay conversion therapy is legal. High key about to make a Twitter just for this 

• Upvote 12

9 hours ago, kiwi said:

Jills not a very good advertisement for that rhea clothing place. Filming and giving wrong prices, just throwing up the text to make the correction. Her photos dont do any justice to what she brought. At least Jessa took decent photos of her kids in their haul gear.

Spurgie modeling photos are adorable! That's how you sell clothes.

• Upvote 1

Jill also posted to her IG stories about getting her nephew a $10 used gift from that big sale they all went to. I love deals...but have no need to share what a baragin I got when its a gift. Guessing that was for Dan's son who just had his first bday. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

She did says she sent toys (plural) to him. So I’m guessing that it wasn’t just the activity center. Toys can be very expensive and only used for a short amount of time. I’ve bought toys for my kids from similar sales. If my sis n law, spent 20.00 on nice used toys, and gave them as a gift, I wouldn’t be upset. I could see for some, how the social media aspect would be uncomfortable, but for me personally I’d be like “post away..you just saved me money”  

I think bc her voice is monotonous, her videos are lacking. If she would have showed excitement “oh my word, look at this find!” Basically “sell the product” they would come off better. I think pictures of kids trying outfits on go over better than videos.

She does seem to be in tune with age appropriate activities. My kids loved those puzzles..and I bought ours at consignment sales too. She posted again with them attending an activity at the library. That is great for them and her. I think bc of the sheer largeness of the family, she didn’t get to participate in simple things like that..and until TLC started footing the bill, had never been exposed to anything outside their homeschooling Quiverfull movement. 

I think she is trying to give them a good childhood and you can tell she loves them.

I would say she has fared pretty well if it wasn’t for Derrick....

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Arkfundy said:

She did says she sent toys (plural) to him. So I’m guessing that it wasn’t just the activity center. Toys can be very expensive and only used for a short amount of time. I’ve bought toys for my kids from similar sales. If my sis n law, spent 20.00 on nice used toys, and gave them as a gift, I wouldn’t be upset. I could see for some, how the social media aspect would be uncomfortable, but for me personally I’d be like “post away..you just saved me money”  

I think bc her voice is monotonous, her videos are lacking. If she would have showed excitement “oh my word, look at this find!” Basically “sell the product” they would come off better. I think pictures of kids trying outfits on go over better than videos.

She does seem to be in tune with age appropriate activities. My kids loved those puzzles..and I bought ours at consignment sales too. She posted again with them attending an activity at the library. That is great for them and her. I think bc of the sheer largeness of the family, she didn’t get to participate in simple things like that..and until TLC started footing the bill, had never been exposed to anything outside their homeschooling Quiverfull movement. 

I think she is trying to give them a good childhood and you can tell she loves them.

I would say she has fared pretty well if it wasn’t for Derrick....

Id actually say she’s done a bit better than I expected and that it’s probably because of Derick. She seems like she’s gained new perspectives and I think it’s from being exposed to people who are conservative but not fundie. Will she ever NOT be more fundie than not? Probably not. But I full on expected extreme fundiedom and I’m pleasantly surprised at what she’s done. MMV, of course. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Id actually say she’s done a bit better than I expected and that it’s probably because of Derick. She seems like she’s gained new perspectives and I think it’s from being exposed to people who are conservative but not fundie. Will she ever NOT be more fundie than not? Probably not. But I full on expected extreme fundiedom and I’m pleasantly surprised at what she’s done. MMV, of course. 

Yes, I agree that he has definitely helped open up her eyes and expand her horizons. She has “grown” more as a person than any of the others. 

If only DerricK would be more open to others, and grow as a person himself. 

• Upvote 9

There were a lot of people here basically gaslighting those of us who pointed out that he had real and significant tooth issues.  Yet it's been obvious in almost every photo. Her explanation makes sense - baby teeth go grey when you get an injury that basically bleeds/leaks blood into the tooth resulting in a discoloration. 

I am just glad she's taking those boys to the library. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

And we all know that like most people, Jill is a product of her environment. In the TTH ( and prior to), kids, toddlers and babies were probably getting hurt all the time, and unless it was quite serious, it was probably all regarded as just another day in Duggarville. Safety certainly never seemed to be a priority. Can you imagine the amount of crying and whining that went on for decades in that family? I don’t wonder at all why Jana is still single if she believes that is her only life alternative.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

When I was about 2 1/2 or 3, I partially rolled out of bed and must have banged my mouth on the chair my mom had put by my bed. I called my discolored tooth my chocolate tooth.

I am glad to see Jill talking about taking the boys to the library to play. But Jill, #girlmoms also feel the need to take their daughters to the library, sometimes as a scheduled playtime and others to get out of the house. I do hope that Jill also takes the boys to story time. The libraries that I'm familiar with have all sorts of programs for toddlers and preschoolers.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

On 9/7/2019 at 7:40 PM, DarkAnts said:

This is horrifying!  Omg. Hilarious!  And, horrible.  ??????

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Someone asked Jill about Izzy’s teeth in this pic on Instagram and she explained it as falling “or something.”

9DCEAC81-590D-45D6-BAEA-5CA548ED82E9.png

So, he definitely has his dad's narrow arch. See the gap from teeth to edges of smile?  That should be filled in. It's genetic.  I bet his tonsils are uge.  Anyway, his front teeth look possibly decayed. Could be decalification then remineralization of his teeth from early decay the body took care of.  It happens.  Baby teeth are weird and different than adult teeth.  An xray will tell you which.  Maybe she couldn't or didn't want to say all that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 9/7/2019 at 10:40 PM, DarkAnts said:

I can never unsee this

• Haha 5

• Georgiana locked this topic