IGNORED

Dillards 79: Sex Education on the Fly

Coconut Flan

So the Dillards are our on date, which seems like a regular occurrence, good for them. They are always mindful to thank their sitters. To the best of my knowledge, GP and GM Duggar have never been publicly thanked. I guess when you have mega #s of kids, you can’t possibly babysit the GKs.

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Mildy impressed if he does have a part time job. What happens if he delivers to a female's home though? Is the door being open enough to stop evil temptation? Do Jill and the boys tag along so he's forced to be accountable? 

Oh this so much. I could totally see Jill with I&S tagging along, waiting in car in front of customer's house while Derick rings the doorbell. "Derick, what's taking you so long?! No, don't go inside the house, she can pay on the door step. Do you hear me???"

And yes, it's good to see him work for real.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

Hmm since Jill did post about having "quality time" with Derick last night wondering if she did in fact go along with him. 

Derick also responded in the comments that he's doing this because its flexible with his school schedule.

• Upvote 2

Jill was having a date night with Derick last night while Michelle was having her birthday party at the TTH.  More evidence of a split?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Derick mentions wanting to get a pet in his latest video, which I’m sure will turn out well given the Dillards’ sense of commitment and stick-to-itiveness. (Shout out to Jake the Vanishing Cat.)

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Derick mentions wanting to get a pet in his latest video, which I’m sure will turn out well given the Dillards’ sense of commitment and stick-to-itiveness. (Shout out to Jake the Vanishing Cat.)

I thought Jake was the Vuolo’s cat?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

Derick loves cats...he likes to run them over while his pregnant wife cheers him on.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 2

How much do you want to bet Jill stuffs their kids in car seats and tags along with him while he works?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I thought Jake was the Vuolo’s cat?

He was. Jeremy got "allergic" though so he didn't make the cut for the move to LA. Jeremy claims he is with a family in Laredo. I hope that's true. I normally hate people giving up pets when they move, but little Jake is probably better off this way (thinking of the coyotes in LA).

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 2

On 9/6/2019 at 7:17 PM, apandaaries said:

Um. Not that I would do anything nefarious with such information, but where did you purchase this wonder?

https://smile.amazon.com/T-J-Wisemen-Remote-Control-Machine/dp/B002R9DQQ2/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=remote+control+fart+machine&qid=1568530626&sprefix=remote+control+fa&sr=8-2

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I know I’m hypercritical of everything Jill does but how does a mom with 2 young kids not have snacks in her bag? Why is she relying on her church friends for kid snacks? Hell I don’t have kids and I always have snacks in my bag. I’m around a bunch of kids and diabetics so I always have nuts, candy, a bunch of carbie snacks around. Right now I even have a bag of snacks in my car. My current favorite is freeze dried strawberries. Or a Kind bar. Also found organic gluten free version of Poptarts. Now that was a good find lol Idk maybe I’m the weird one.  

• Upvote 8
  • Move Along 1
  • WTF 3

3 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I know I’m hypercritical of everything Jill does but how does a mom with 2 young kids not have snacks in her bag? Why is she relying on her church friends for kid snacks? Hell I don’t have kids and I always have snacks in my bag. I’m around a bunch of kids and diabetics so I always have nuts, candy, a bunch of carbie snacks around. Right now I even have a bag of snacks in my car. My current favorite is freeze dried strawberries. Or a Kind bar. Also found organic gluten free version of Poptarts. Now that was a good find lol Idk maybe I’m the weird one.  

Of all the things to criticize Jill on, you’re picking on her lack of snacks?? It was after church - maybe the kids already ate the snacks she had packed. Maybe she had a crazy morning and forgot to throw them in her bag. Perhaps she didn’t pack snacks because the kids ate breakfast and she fully expected to feed them lunch afterwards at home, not expecting to be delayed. 

Damn, Jill is no saint, she REALLY can’t win when it comes to this board. 

• Upvote 35
  • Love 1

I think the car "breakdown" is just another case of Jill being awkward AF on social media. Everyday she reminds me more of a section of my family that I have distanced myself from partly because they are constantly involved in "drama" like a dead car battery where the world needs to know what they have been through! Or what random errands they've done on a given day.

She gets more crap than others because she posts more stupid crap than others in her family.    

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

It's so annoying that she tries to spin everything into a happy family dynamic.  Marketing a car breakdown as #familytime or a trip to the grocery store as #datenight is just ridiculous.  I can see how it's a result of her only being allowed to have a cheerful countenance as a child, but damn girl, it's okay to have other feelings.  Or, you know, just not post every aspect of your life on social media. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

Yes I know my comment above was hypercritical. But in the last 2 weeks, we've seen the car situation being on going. And the videos of Sam crying hysterically because of the broken window while Jill laughs were not exactly pleasant.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I bet the kids get snacks at Cross Church children's ministry. But it might've been getting late enough that they were starting to get hungry for lunch. And maybe they weren't even that hungry but the church friends just offered lunchables anyway to be nice.

It is very good to see Derick working, even if it is a gig job with infrequent hours. The boys seeing their dad study for school and working for money is good. Their decision (you'll never convince me this break in children is accidental) to delay having more children for now is the best thing they've ever done.

They might've avoided the Michelle b-day party because it was being filmed? Also, I'm a couple years older than Jill, so I'm in the same age range with friends near it too. And I'm always shocked by how much pressure my friend's parents put on them to rearrange their schedule and attend family events. Most of us live 2-4 hours away from our parents and many of these families request that their grown kids come into town for every birthday or holiday. I had a friend recently say she couldn't come to some social gathering because it was her aunt's birthday and she and her husband and her 3 month old baby had to drive two hours to go to lunch with the family.

It definitely seems like Derick does not spend time with the Duggars. We know he, and to a lesser extent Jill, cannot be filmed for TLC. The Dillards also seems to have a bit of their own life, unlike most of her siblings, sans the Vuolos. Michelle turned 53. I definitely just sent my mom a card and gave her a phone call for her 53rd birthday. ?‍♀️

Edited by theotherelise
clarity on a sentence
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

34 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

I bet the kids get snacks at Cross Church children's ministry. But it might've been getting late enough that they were starting to get hungry for lunch. And maybe they weren't even that hungry but the church friends just offered lunchables anyway to be nice.

It is very good to see Derick working, even if it is a gig job with infrequent hours. The boys seeing their dad study for school and working for money is good. Their decision (you'll never convince me this break in children is accidental) to delay having more children for now is the best thing they've ever done.

They might've avoided the Michelle b-day party because it was being filmed? Also, I'm a couple years older than Jill, so I'm in the same age range with friends near it too. And I'm always shocked by how much pressure my friend's parents put on them to rearrange their schedule and attend family events. Most of us live 2-4 hours away from our parents and many of these families request that their grown kids come into town for every birthday or holiday. I had a friend recently say she couldn't come to some social gathering because it was her aunt's birthday and she and her husband and her 3 month old baby had to drive two hours to go to lunch with the family.

It definitely seems like Derick does not spend time with the Duggars. We know he, and to a lesser extent Jill, cannot be filmed for TLC. The Dillards also seems to have a bit of their own life, unlike most of her siblings, sans the Vuolos. Michelle turned 53. I definitely just sent my mom a card and gave her a phone call for her 53rd birthday. ?‍♀️

In addition to what JB and M withheld from their kids (knowledge, common sense, adult role models, friends) , I also find what they didn’t role model just  as tragic and damaging. My dad never read the Bible in my presence, but he did work for 40 years, did not sell our childhoods to support the family, sent us to private schools, help pay for college, allowed us to have friends, volunteered  at our school and parish and took us to weekly mass. He led by example beyond planting his butt in a seat and reading a Bible. 

I think Derick had a more moderate upbringing. Sure his parents were rigid Christians, but they still lived and worked in the real world, and allowed their boys to venture outside the 4 walls of their home. I think Derick is starting to infuse a bit of common sense and real world skills into Jill’s life. It likely was a hard sell in the beginning of their marriage.

• Upvote 21

I think that the Jill-shunning rumors are probably given more credence than they deserve, but it is odd that she’s advertising her car trouble every Sunday morning while the Duggars have a car flipping business that several of their kids are involved in and an obsession with “coming over to help” whenever someone needs a living room decorated or a couch cleaned. Scandalous!!!!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, nickelodeon said:

I think that the Jill-shunning rumors are probably given more credence than they deserve, but it is odd that she’s advertising her car trouble every Sunday morning while the Duggars have a car flipping business that several of their kids are involved in and an obsession with “coming over to help” whenever someone needs a living room decorated or a couch cleaned. Scandalous!!!!

Maybe DD has made it clear that he doesn’t want their help? 

• Upvote 7

I mean, your battery dying because the back hatch wasn't completely shut isn't exactly car trouble in my book. And we don't know what happened to cause the issue with the rear passenger window. But neither of those are problems with the functioning of the vehicle really. We had to replace the driver side window in my husband's vehicle because some mechanism inside the broke and it was not longer consistently holding the window up. But there isn't anything wrong with the car, it's just got old doors. 

And batteries sometimes die. Sometimes because you goof up and leave something on and also just sometimes because they don't last forever. Maybe it was so dead it wouldn't take a jump and they had to run out for a replacement or maybe they just had to let it charge for a little bit and it was fine. I'm not sure why you'd call your family for that, even if they are 15 min away, if you've got friends on-site to help out.

I feel like a Jill defender even though I have no real love for her. I just am blown away sometimes by how much everything she does gets nitpicked. And it's just normal people things that people do differently, not really anything associated with her beliefs. 

• Upvote 19

17 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I know I’m hypercritical of everything Jill does but how does a mom with 2 young kids not have snacks in her bag?

Not nagging on you here, because I enjoy your posts. But to answer, I guess the kind of mom who doesn't carry snacks around is busy and forgetful. I was the mom who went on a hike around Mt. Capulin (in NE New Mexico, USA) with my young adult daughter who had Type I diabetes since she was age 6. We BOTH forgot her emergency snacks and were half-way around the rim when we realized. I hated myself the rest of the way around but luckily she didn't get low blood sugar. Worst hike of my life because of my worry. Facebook was in its infancy back then and stuff like that was not posted.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Not nagging on you here, because I enjoy your posts. But to answer, I guess the kind of mom who doesn't carry snacks around is busy and forgetful. I was the mom who went on a hike around Mt. Capulin (in NE New Mexico, USA) with my young adult daughter who had Type I diabetes since she was age 6. We BOTH forgot her emergency snacks and were half-way around the rim when we realized. I hated myself the rest of the way around but luckily she didn't get low blood sugar. Worst hike of my life because of my worry. Facebook was in its infancy back then and stuff like that was not posted.

That's why I started being super crazy about snacks. My dads diabetic. I'm glad your daughter was alright. Blood sugar is so scary. One of my close friends was just diagnosed. She's going thru a very hard time adjusting.

I'm super forgetful tbh. I even forgot to send in the rent check this month. Thank gd my landlord is awesome. But I would never ever post it on my social media. I think I'm more critical of her lack of social media filter. 

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

In addition to what JB and M withheld from their kids (knowledge, common sense, adult role models, friends) , I also find what they didn’t role model just  as tragic and damaging. My dad never read the Bible in my presence, but he did work for 40 years, did not sell our childhoods to support the family, sent us to private schools, help pay for college, allowed us to have friends, volunteered  at our school and parish and took us to weekly mass. He led by example beyond planting his butt in a seat and reading a Bible. 

I think Derick had a more moderate upbringing. Sure his parents were rigid Christians, but they still lived and worked in the real world, and allowed their boys to venture outside the 4 walls of their home. I think Derick is starting to infuse a bit of common sense and real world skills into Jill’s life. It likely was a hard sell in the beginning of their marriage.

I think Derick initially expected to jump right into the “griftin’ for Jesus” lifestyle, but got a dose of reality. JB & Michelle worked hard in their early years, delayed starting a family, and set up various passive income streams, which allows them to now live as they do.

Derick started out on that path with his accountant  job at Walmart, but I think he got impatient and didn’t want to put in the years of grunt work that JB & Michelle did, and figured he could sidestep all of that by abruptly escaping to the mission field. 

I hope this latest 180 (law school, side hustles, putting down roots with a home) is evidence of him learning from those half-baked choices, and being willing to work for his living. 

Edited by Denim Jumper
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

• Georgiana locked this topic