IGNORED

I got handed a tract in work from US Christian group

Glasgowghirl

I was working back shift in Taco Bell when a large American family come in and make several orders, I got talking to one of the women and she tells me she is originally from New York but had lived in Colorado and Florida before moving last year to Dunfermline as she finishes making one of the orders she hands me a tract, not in place of a tip or anything because we don't get tips anyway. I was going to keep it to post here but a co worker binned it when I was on my break but I managed to find out from Google that it was Liberty Church that the the tract was from and a check at their Facebook page confirms that it was the same people that had came in and that US Christian's have been running the church in Dunfermline for 40 years. 

They were a nice and friendly family to me, the children were all well mannered but I do think that they probably travelled into Glasgow this weekend because it was Glasgow pride weekend. 

Part of me is disappointed that it was not the Hodnett family though.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

As an American I'm not sure which I'm most embarrassed about; that we've imported fundies to Scotland, or that we've imported Taco Bell.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 29
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

As an American I'm not sure which I'm most embarrassed about; that we've imported fundies to Scotland, or that we've imported Taco Bell.

I wouldn't be embarrassed about either, Glasgow is where you can get a deep fried mars bar and witness a religious riot that has started just by two football teams playing each other.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

@Glasgowghirl,  I was trying to think of Taco Bell earlier today as I was trying to remember what taco shop that has a location in Las Vegas that does weddings.  My youngest daughter wants to have her wedding there if she and her boyfriend ever get legally married.  They'd consider themselves common-law married except my state did away with common-law marriage several years ago.

I must admit I was embarrassed that I didn't remember Taco Bell.  

Sorry that some Americans bothered you with a tract!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Glasgowghirl,  I was trying to think of Taco Bell earlier today as I was trying to remember what taco shop that has a location in Las Vegas that does weddings.  My youngest daughter wants to have her wedding there if she and her boyfriend ever get legally married.  They'd consider themselves common-law married except my state did away with common-law marriage several years ago.

She didn't pester me, she just handed me it and I said thanks don't get me wrong I'd prefer they didn't but she wasn't rude about it and she came up again and I spoke to her again. I'd rather that than the drunken idiots that came in later.

3 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

@kpmom, Taco Bell in Glasgow stopped me briefly, too ?

Their is now two in Glasgow City Centre and another one is due to open.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

I remember seeing a Taco Bell in Spain last winter and wondering how many locals ate there. Spanish cuisine and Mexican cuisine are two different things.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I remember seeing a Taco Bell in Spain last winter and wondering how many locals ate there. Spanish cuisine and Mexican cuisine are two different things.

And I think Taco Bell is more in the Tex-Mex style? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

And I think Taco Bell is more in the Tex-Mex style? 

True. I remember there being a lot of ham, bacon, and cheese when I was there. And seafood in the south near the Mediterranean. Not as much foods that one would associate with Mexico but I would hear the names for food items over there and still get hungry for Mexican foods.
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I am trying to get my sister to

do the drive through wedding. Sh is common law married. 

• Upvote 2