IGNORED

Andrea Mills of YouTube infamy Had Cancer and Died

fundiefollower

This is fucking ridiculous.  I can't even wrap my mind around what he's describing.  

He needs to get off Youtube, and get that poor puppy to the vet.  Begging for more free shit from "the Youtube people" should be the very least of his concerns right now.

They've given you enough, Tom.  Now take some of their money, and go take care of your dog.  My god.

Sorry guys.  I have a really soft spot for dogs....especially old ones.  I can't stand to think of him hurting...

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, apandaaries said:

Jfc. Is he really going to deny the family dog obviously needed medical care which could save him after his wife’s recent, unexpected death? Wtf is wrong with this man? Is it possible to be so far up one’s own ass that one completely neglects and ignores the feelings of one’s own mourning children? 

I know grief is a strange thing, but everything I’ve read and seems incredibly problematic. Professional help would be so good for this tragic situation, but he seems to be actively avoiding real help, v. what his YouTube “fans” have to offer.

I’m so sorry for the kids, and the dog.

That poor dog.  It’s almost animal cruelty. They are so used to home hospital/home medical care that he may not even think it’s important to get that dog treated.

I think that this family lives on the poverty line and has found “creative” ways to deal with it. All the home medical stuff may have been a way to avoid high medical bills, which is in some ways completely understandable and really sad. But once they hit a certain number of children, they qualified for Wyoming ‘s Medicaid program-and not taking that was totally selfish. Now that he has money, Tom needs to make medical care a top priority for them all. And that includes that poor dog!

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 16

Exactly.  The other day he was pondering whether or not he should buy a merry go round.  Not even kidding.  That's like a couple thousand at best.  He also mentioned a new van & possibly a house remodel.  

He is swimming with ideas for how to spend all of this money, and meanwhile he's getting more & more comfortable issuing requests for even more stuff he wants.  

The "fans" are sending absolute MOUNDS of garbage, and the kids appear to be living off a steady diet of candy (which based on old videos, I don't think is a new thing).  

The best thing he could do right now would be to turn off the camera (for the foreseeable future), and give his kids some time to mourn the loss of their mom.  He also needs to quit thinking up ridiculous things to buy, and spend the money doing something that actually matters- for starters, easing his poor dog's suffering by getting him veterinary care.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

I worked two days of homecoming week last week. It's the worst. People who don't work in schools have no idea. 

They also had the bright idea of having the homecoming pep rally at 8:30 in the morning. Try to bring middle schoolers back down from that for the rest of the day...

The whole week was crazy and I’m glad homecoming is only once a year. I would almost take a morning pep rally over our middle of the day and before lunch pep rally. The kids were pissed about being hungry and were all riled up for the last two periods of the day. I had to give a test that day and my grades from classes before and after the pep rally are vastly different. I don’t know why they can’t just have it at the end of the day like most high schools do. 

• Upvote 5

I will never forget Andrea groaning in pain while being put in that ambulance just hours before she died and fu@@ing Tom pointing the camera at her and saying say hello to the YouTube people.  I knew it was going to only be downhill for that family from then on.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 15

17 minutes ago, AverageJane said:

I will never forget Andrea groaning in pain while being put in that ambulance just hours before she died and fu@@ing Tom pointing the camera at her and saying say hello to the YouTube people.  I knew it was going to only be downhill for that family from then on.

Agree.  That and, "Andrea, wake up!" when he was filming her.  Totally threw me for a loop.  I've always wondered what the transport team thought.  They had to have been stunned that he was filming her in that condition...

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 7

Their care, or lack thereof, for Knuckles has been hard to watch for quite some time. They stopped showing him so much when people kept asking about his obvious discomfort and how the kids treated him.
He has had skin issues for a long time and a lot of people voiced their concerns. Andrea mentioned that he was taken to a vet and he was supposed to be given certain meds but it appeared that she continued to use one of her homemade concoctions.
As for him showing signs of slowing down and pain??? They always came back with 'he's fine' or 'he's just getting old'.  The fact that his intestines are 'coming out a little bit' - that to any sensible person would ring alarm bells.

Tom lacks warmth and empathy so it's no surprise that the dog's not receiving the appropriate care. Lack of finances can no longer be an excuse.
I do get that losing a pet soon after losing Andrea will be tough on the kids who do love the dog but to make him suffer is cruel and heartless.

But it's all about Tom and how he's trudging on through life with his 'youtube people' for support so nothing would surprise me about this man.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

From the A Quick Update 10-7-19 video - "Gina Willis 10 hours ago I really admire you as a Dad and just overall, a good human being! I'm so glad those kids have "you" as a Father. You make a lot of us proud! Andrea, especially, I think would be proud! God Bless you and your sweet family"

It's this kind of comment that makes me cringe.  Of course, everyone's entitled to their opinions, and voice them, but this kind of encouragement is not going to do his kids any favours. Also, what he's doing is so not what Andrea wanted for her channel and how that baby is cared for? Seriously, would that make Andrea proud?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

For someone who has mentioned numerous times, that he’s always been a worrier when it comes to finances, I’m surprised that he would be so flippant about what this money is spent on. If it were me, I’d pay a years worth of mortgage repayments and a years worth of electricity payments/internet payments to give me some breathing room with bills. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, under siege said:

From the A Quick Update 10-7-19 video - "Gina Willis 10 hours ago I really admire you as a Dad and just overall, a good human being! I'm so glad those kids have "you" as a Father. You make a lot of us proud! Andrea, especially, I think would be proud! God Bless you and your sweet family"

It's this kind of comment that makes me cringe.  Of course, everyone's entitled to their opinions, and voice them, but this kind of encouragement is not going to do his kids any favours. Also, what he's doing is so not what Andrea wanted for her channel and how that baby is cared for? Seriously, would that make Andrea proud?

THAT’S SO WEIRD. What is she seeing? What is impressing her? This creeps me out.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

That ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE can watch that video and not immediately have the reaction of "take your dog to the vet!!!!!1!1!111!!!" is beyond me. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Petronella said:

THAT’S SO WEIRD. What is she seeing? What is impressing her? This creeps me out.

Many, many leg humper comments are basically the same as this one!

• Sad 2
  • WTF 1

13 hours ago, under siege said:

Their care, or lack thereof, for Knuckles has been hard to watch for quite some time. They stopped showing him so much when people kept asking about his obvious discomfort and how the kids treated him.
He has had skin issues for a long time and a lot of people voiced their concerns. Andrea mentioned that he was taken to a vet and he was supposed to be given certain meds but it appeared that she continued to use one of her homemade concoctions.
As for him showing signs of slowing down and pain??? They always came back with 'he's fine' or 'he's just getting old'.  The fact that his intestines are 'coming out a little bit' - that to any sensible person would ring alarm bells.

Tom lacks warmth and empathy so it's no surprise that the dog's not receiving the appropriate care. Lack of finances can no longer be an excuse.
I do get that losing a pet soon after losing Andrea will be tough on the kids who do love the dog but to make him suffer is cruel and heartless.

But it's all about Tom and how he's trudging on through life with his 'youtube people' for support so nothing would surprise me about this man.

Also, knuckles has been blind and deaf for a while. I agree the family never pet or play with Knuckles.  They have even filmed him running into a bush and unable to find his way out and they laugh. His skin condition has been alarmingly horrendous for many months but they discontinued the medical treatment soon after since they felt it wasn't working.

Also, on their Walmart hauls, they always buy the huge bag of the very cheapest, lowest shelf food called Ol Roy.  It is totally crap food.  They did upgrade to a slightly better food per a viewers suggestion, but claimed it made no difference so almost immediately went back to Ol Roy.

The kids run around their yard barefoot, even while Tom admitted they only pick up dog poop on yard cleanup day, which is Saturdays.

• Sad 1
  • WTF 5

If they're feeding Ol Roy, no wonder the dog as skin issues! The rescue I volunteer with wouldn't adopt to you if you were feeding that crap.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

I saw a few videos back poor deaf blind Knuckles getting stuck in some bushes and Thomas actually kicking at him to get him out. Made me sick.  Poor old guy. 

They feed their kids crap so of course they feed the dog crap.  

• Sad 2
  • WTF 3

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

That ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE can watch that video and not immediately have the reaction of "take your dog to the vet!!!!!1!1!111!!!" is beyond me. 

I have not watched the video but if that dog's intestines are really hanging out he'll be dead from peritonitis soon.  And in horrible pain before he finally dies.

Another dog-lover and long-term dog owner here.  Not a vet.

I caught a glimpse of Knuckles in one of the first "Tom copes bravely" videos.  Tom gave the dog a pill and let him out the door.  I was relieved that the dog had actually been seen by a vet and was on meds.

But I thought poor Knuckles was at (actually well beyond) the stage when a decent vet would be having the "quality of life" and "time to let him go" discussion.

1 hour ago, louannems said:

Also, knuckles has been blind and deaf for a while. I agree the family never pet or play with Knuckles.  They have even filmed him running into a bush and unable to find his way out and they laugh. His skin condition has been alarmingly horrendous for many months but they discontinued the medical treatment soon after since they felt it wasn't working.

A dog can have good QoL while blind and deaf but good owners need to assess it every day.  Not being able to find his way out of a bush sounds like early dementia.  Yes, time to let that dog go to happier hunting grounds.

Those sort of skin problems can definitely be caused by allergies and they are very itchy and miserable.   And if he was itching so badly he scratched a hole in his abdomen so his guts are hanging out, that is animal cruelty.  Pure and simple.

I hope it is allergies.  But I admit my first thought was mange.   It looks more like mange to my admittedly layperson eyes.  Only skin scrapings can dx it properly.   If it is mange, cross your fingers that it is Demodectic not Sarcoptic mange.  Sarcoptic mange is contagious to humans. 

And because I care about children even more than I care about puppies, has anyone noticed rashes on the children.  I haven't so far, but some of what I thought was grime and dirt might be rashes.

• Upvote 4

I couldn't feed my dog Ol Roy when I was going through financial hardship.  She just puked it up.  She would puke up every cheap dog food and I fed her meats instead (boneless chicken, turkey, etc).

• Sad 1

Carry on here:

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic