IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

47 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

There are a lot of WTF comments on Lori's FB, but this one really surprised me today.  Uneducated women should not make comments on biology - even that of their own gender.

Who knew your uterine lining was toxic???  And to suggest that this woman's mother passed her toxins while in the womb that caused her PCOS?  Holy shit, it's just pure ignorance.

what.JPG.fef31872a1c2bc1a8e760484cec39214.JPG

Well, at least the laugh reactions on that absurd comment outnumber the likes and hearts!

• Upvote 12

So glad Lori was able to fill her God given command to teach "women", today.

Who's commented so far?

Shaun, Craig, Thomas, Mason, George, Al, Stephen, and some nut calling himself "The Chivalrous Disciple".

That's right.  11 comments, and not a single one from the Women!!! Lori claims to teach.

Hey, Lor?  Do us all a favor and stop addressing "Women!" in your posts.  It's condescending as hell, and clearly not your audience.  These men?  They are your people.  Any self respecting woman is long gone.

When you claim to teach women, but every single commenter is a man:

441252734_Go2.PNG.2bffce2f20164952fe61c856747f5919.PNG

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

No doubt about it, not wishful thinking, not reading into things that aren't there...

Lori has 100% unraveled. We've seen it, we watched it as it has been evolving.  The last couple months haven't been her "usual" brand of "teaching"  Her tone, her topics, her obsessiveness over certain topics, her over the top posts and Tweets....something is very, very wrong. 

Please @ken  do something about your wife. This isn't normal and you know it. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

ori has 100% unraveled. We've seen it, we watched it as it has been evolving.  The last couple months haven't been her "usual" brand of "teaching"  Her tone, her topics, her obsessiveness over certain topics, her over the top posts and Tweets....something is very, very wrong. 

Please @ken  do something about your wife. This isn't normal and you know it. 

You are not alone in noticing this.   Just a quick look at what she writes on twitter alone shows that something is way, way off.  I don't understand how Ken or anyone in her family cannot see this.   Is it possible they never read anything she writes.  Not even her twitter which is quick, easy & takes no time at all?  All he would need to do is type her name + the transformed wife and pages and pages of stuff comes up.   

Am I wrong here in my thinking that she is beyond the pale even for Quiverfull, Fundamentalism +++  ?   Is this kind of thinking normal for them?  I'm asking here.  Thanks to anyone who can clear it up for me.  

• Upvote 10

11 minutes ago, Liza said:

I don't understand how Ken or anyone in her family cannot see this. 

I'm willing to give the rest of Lori's family the benefit of the doubt, or at least suspend judgment.  Maybe they don't read her online rantings because they know it it is a constant stream of disapproval, but they might not realize how far she has slipped. 

Ken is another matter.  We know he has seen her BS within recent times, he has been made aware of what she is writing, and he cannot possibly be totally unaware of what is happening.  I strongly suspect that he simply doesn't give a damn, and may actually be looking forward to putting her in a home eventually.  I can't and won't say with any certainty that he's letting her roam free online so there will be plenty of evidence of her decline, making it easier when the time finally does come, but given how little he seems to care...well, I wouldn't rule out the possibility, that's all I'm saying.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Ken and Lori insist he is a “Command Man” and that Lori submits to him. So, the only reason I can think of that Ken lets her abhorrent internet presence continue is that he agrees with everything being said. 

I think Ken is sitting back and enjoying all this crap because it’s out there but not under his name. If he really cared, he’d stop it. I also think Ken was quite pleased with the Victoria’s Secret post. All those women talking about their breasts and lingeries. He was in Christian Risqué Heaven. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

Yes, let's face it, Ken has said some pretty bizarre stuff himself.

Just two examples:  a lot of siblings sexually grope each other, it's not such a big deal (written during the Josh Duggar scandal), and starvation isn't really that uncomfortable (says the man who had to bring Cheese Whiz and Ritz crackers along on his honeymoon).

I don't remember the context of the starvation remark, but he said it here on F.J. in response to somebody and it was just a very odd remark.

So, yes, my money is on Ken agreeing with Lori on most of what she writes.

• Upvote 12

On 8/20/2019 at 8:26 PM, hollyfeller said:

I agree with the first sentence.  The rest is just WTF. 

Oh, me too -- I meant his knowing that men invented homosexuality in prehistoric times, and that it had nothing to do with women. He must be very, very, very old, and prone to peeping into other people's caves!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

I'm willing to give the rest of Lori's family the benefit of the doubt, or at least suspend judgment.  Maybe they don't read her online rantings because they know it it is a constant stream of disapproval, but they might not realize how far she has slipped.

They must not ever see her or talk to her in person either.

• Upvote 9

9 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

They must not ever see her or talk to her in person either.

Maybe they avoid Lori IRL too, again because they know it's going to be constant 'thou shalt not!' from her.  I can't imagine that they don't know at all that she's declining, but perhaps they don't realize how far and fast it is going.  I would place the primary responsibility to do something on Ken, both because he is (presumably) the most aware, and because of their 'man in charge' rules.  

• Upvote 9

What the fuck is wrong with people? In this case a male. Men being the head over women was to protect them. Saying a women needs to repent and get a man to be her covering. Ester didn’t have a man “protecting” her. She had her faith and that was it. She new going in that she could die. 

Spoiler

C6CC10FE-2029-4807-8D27-09519ABC48BC.thumb.png.e6c60b8a0b394252eee8c06910690dce.png04D83007-5BCD-4FA5-99D0-C266BFEAAC29.thumb.jpeg.3518e19d9a1a10e7f02084e16e45e89e.jpeg

Pioneer women worked very hard. They didn’t sit at home and just cook meals and dust. A lot of them had to work outside of the home. 

Yes Lori men and women need each other. Kids need father figures as well as mother figures. Feminism doesn’t take away from that. 

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 6

9 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

What the fuck is wrong with people? In this case a male.

How long do you have?  This could take a while!  :P   Thomas can take his 'male headship' and shove it into a location so deep he will need a colorectal surgeon to remove it.  His head is already there, so maybe the surgeon can find both at the same time.  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10

15 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

What the fuck is wrong with people? In this case a male. Men being the head over women was to protect them. Saying a women needs to repent and get a man to be her covering. Ester didn’t have a man “protecting” her. She had her faith and that was it. She new going in that she could die. 

Hide contents

C6CC10FE-2029-4807-8D27-09519ABC48BC.thumb.png.e6c60b8a0b394252eee8c06910690dce.png04D83007-5BCD-4FA5-99D0-C266BFEAAC29.thumb.jpeg.3518e19d9a1a10e7f02084e16e45e89e.jpeg

Pioneer women worked very hard. They didn’t sit at home and just cook meals and dust. A lot of them had to work outside of the home. 

Yes Lori men and women need each other. Kids need father figures as well as mother figures. Feminism doesn’t take away from that. 

I was just about to share Thomas's comment as well.  How dare women do things for themselves when there aren't men around???  They need to pray rather than upkeep their farm when the men are away.  Maybe God has hourly rates for labor?  This whole comment is absurd.

And speaking of absurd...

ugh.thumb.JPG.9e85591a5b044d0a5bd9199b213a05a1.JPG

I will fight anyone who tells me I'd be "better" with some dude.  Different, sure, but better is debatable.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

16 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

I was just about to share Thomas's comment as well.  How dare women do things for themselves when there aren't men around???  They need to pray rather than upkeep their farm when the men are away.  Maybe God has hourly rates for labor?  This whole comment is absurd.

And speaking of absurd...

ugh.thumb.JPG.9e85591a5b044d0a5bd9199b213a05a1.JPG

I will fight anyone who tells me I'd be "better" with some dude.  Different, sure, but better is debatable.

Not everyone is called to be married. Even Paul said it was better to be single. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Read the most recent blog post, the thing that jumped out at me was the women who added "make babies" to the list of things they needed their husbands to do because they are unable.  

I already know I'm a major no no in their world, I share the heavy lifting with my husband.  Since he got sick two years ago, I do more of it than he does at times, his health took a blow and he's slowly recovering his physical strength.  Why, oh why, is it so abhorrent to them that a woman change her oil, run a chainsaw, chop wood, or heaven forbid open a jar lid???  

make babies.jpg

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

or heaven forbid open a jar lid???  

What is it with jar lids anyway?  Don't most adults, male or female, have the upper extremity strength to open a jar?  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

1 minute ago, delphinium65 said:

What is it with jar lids anyway?  Don't most adults, male or female, have the upper extremity strength to open a jar?  

You'd think....For tough ones I've always used various tricks to get them open.  Smacking the bottom on my hand or tapping it on the counter, there are plenty ways to loosen stubborn lids.  (tricks shown to me by women no less)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Robin is an egalitarian and recently became a member of Biblical Christian Egalitarians (I'm not weird because she said she was an egalitarian in the comments). Nearly all the people who started questioning complementarian theology, including myself, wanted to know about what the Bible actually said on women in church leadership, their role in the home, etc. This meant reading different translations and actually reading the Word in Greek and Hebrew. I didn't accept some man's interpretations of the Bible passages.

I am astounded by the amount of women who don't give a crap of what is said in the Greek and Hebrew. I have a tattoo on my arm with the word "tetelestai" which essentially means "It is finished." I was explaining this to an older lady at my church and how since it is in the perfect tense implying that it is finished and will continue to be finished. She was like, "Oh, I don't get into that stuff."

English translations tend to exclude the rich meanings of the Greek words used and we end up misinterpreting the Bible as a result. I can go on and on about Lori's sacred verses. The reason why I'm an egalitarian (besides seeing that beliefs like Lori's are stupid) is that the Church cannot be effective if we are trying to cause division. We can't be effective if all the workers are not using the full measure of their gifts for the Kingdom. We need all teachers, pastors, prophets, etc.

All the things listed in the blog post are skills, meaning anyone can learn and develop those skills. For the "man tasks" like lifting, electrical, plumbing, car maintenance, etc., my dad generally completes those tasks because that is what he is good at. I eventually pick up on what he does. The only plumbing work I've done was replace a flush lever. It was relatively easy, but I had the confidence that I could do it. My dad is really good at computers, so I'm not helpless when my dad is not around and my computer freezes up or the WiFi isn't working. He likes teaching me things.

Edited by ColeJo
  • Upvote 12

31 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Read the most recent blog post, the thing that jumped out at me was the women who added "make babies" to the list of things they needed their husbands to do because they are unable.  

I already know I'm a major no no in their world, I share the heavy lifting with my husband.  Since he got sick two years ago, I do more of it than he does at times, his health took a blow and he's slowly recovering his physical strength.  Why, oh why, is it so abhorrent to them that a woman change her oil, run a chainsaw, chop wood, or heaven forbid open a jar lid???  

make babies.jpg

I live alone (not Lori-approved, I know) so I have to be able to do everything myself.  Even if it takes a few tricks (like opening a jar lid).  I even lift heavy things with the help of levers and pulleys!  But eff science, right?  :)

• Upvote 13

This is on IG today. She can’t comprehend that equality does not solely mean physical qualities. And also equal does not equal identical, you moron!

366BF8DB-BF3B-44C8-AAB5-24C30208AEE6.jpeg.a17ffdb302111bd65d525f421a12f040.jpeg

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

I would place the primary responsibility to do something on Ken, both because he is (presumably) the most aware, and because of their 'man in charge' rules.  

Yeah, I agree, I said something similar a few pages back. He is her "head" and responsibility for her falls squarely on him in their little patriarchal Titus 2 world.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, ColeJo said:

This meant reading different translations and actually reading the Word in Greek and Hebrew. I didn't accept some man's interpretations of the Bible passages.

I am astounded by the amount of women who don't give a crap of what is said in the Greek and Hebrew. 

English translations tend to exclude the rich meanings of the Greek words used and we end up misinterpreting the Bible as a result.

Well said, this is so very true. It's not just women but men too who are very lax about bible scholarship. This is a pet peeve of mine, blind acceptance of bible translations by sola scriptura believers who then promulgate misinterpretations to unsuspecting and trusting followers. I'm leery of people who elevate the bible to the fourth person of the godhead, who insist that it is inerrent and must not be questioned. These kinds of folks often just want to control others. I'm a skeptic by nature, so I bristle against bible anti-intellectualism. 

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

You'd think....For tough ones I've always used various tricks to get them open.  Smacking the bottom on my hand or tapping it on the counter, there are plenty ways to loosen stubborn lids.  (tricks shown to me by women no less)

I use a beer can opener (the kind with a pointy end) to loosen the seal around the rim.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 11

39 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

This is on IG today. She can’t comprehend that equality does not solely mean physical qualities. And also equal does not equal identical, you moron!

Because she's stupid.  One thing she never lied about, she dint learnt nuthin' in no school. 

• Upvote 18

I don't know if people still use mouse pads for their computers, but I keep an old one handy for opening stubborn jar lids.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

On the jar opening, depends on how patient I'm at the moment and if the jar needs to be closed again. If I will use the whole jar, I just use a pointy knife and stab a hole in the mean, uncooperative jar lid. Brute force for the win and it can be quiet satisfiying.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic