IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

1285986327_showunconditionalloveofChrist.JPG.de510c058e2b1b33ec8424c92b6d433e.JPG

Lori, you are the last person to speak about unconditional love.  As far as showing the love of Christ is concerned, you do NOT.  And there are people of other religions or no religion at all, who, do.

2107799690_womenvotefordemocrats.JPG.0e098f6a52aa98da6c6c94cdfea238c1.JPG

Well, the stats are wrong on this one.  No surprise there.  In any case, we all have the right to vote our conscience.  PS: Lori, your definition of feminists is very broad.  A feminist is anyone who does not think like you do.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

I worked at Victoria's Secret one Christmas break during college, in the early nineties. Because of the holidays, the first question we were to ask when helping customers on the floor was, "Is this a gift?" And then we'd go from there helping them find what they'd like.

So, an apparent woman came in, and she wanted to buy boxer shorts. I asked if it was a gift, and she said that it wasn't. Which is fine! Anyone can wear whatever they want. So I asked about size and we looked at styles and colors together for a bit. What this person wanted wasn't on display so I asked the passing manager if we had more in the back, saying "She's looking for..." And that's when the manager and customer laughed at how hilarious it was that I referred to the customer in woman's clothes and heavy makeup and a typically feminine hairstyle as "she". Hahaha! I fell for it! Haha! The customer said to me, "It's HE, darling. H. E." And they both acted like I was sooooooooo stupid for not seeing that this was clearly a man (and apparently regular customer and well-known drag queen in the community). They probably weren't deliberately making fun of me, but it was my first night at my first job and I felt very, very small, and also wondered what they wanted me to do. Was I supposed to question the apparent gender of every customer entering the shop? That seems like a terrible idea. I figured accepting female-presenting and male-presenting at face value was simply polite, and of course I switched to the requested pronoun as soon as I knew it. But I don't think I was stupid to not have used it as my first option.

The nineties were a weird time. Probably the customer was tired of having to clarify his preferred pronoun all the time, so treated it as funny instead of exhausting (which I took as mocking, but probably it wasn't). What I really wish is that the shop had given me a heads-up, so I could have addressed him correctly from the start.

Anyway, that's my Victoria's Secret experience! I'm too fat now to buy stuff there, but I enjoyed it when I was smaller. The over-the-top performative femininity of the place is kind of fun. I hated that too many of their bras are padded, though. Even when I was smaller, I didn't want any help there! I do think they're really missing a trick by not having plus size.

9 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Lori is so melodramatic, telling Melissa not to shop at VS:

1429250165_Lorisupportthemnolonger.jpg.074f1d28a98ec1d52370b8d50763fa8d.jpg

Hahaha. I can hear the screech in my head.

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 14

15 hours ago, louisa05 said:

My friend, who can be rather tacky in so many ways, always thought the guys at our Catholic high school wearing the required dress pants with white socks and sneakers looked tacky. So it went on her list. That she apparently is still stuck on fulfilling. She also told me three years ago about how upsetting it was when a doctor acknowledged to her that she'd never have children of her own and how she told him off. She was 45. And followed up that part of the story with how if she met someone that weekend, dated for a year and were engaged for a year, she'd still have time to have a baby. The natural way. At somewhere around 48, I guess. I love her. But she doesn't live in reality much. And she didn't meet anyone that weekend. Still hasn't. 

Now that you explain it, it's rather sweet that that was on her teenage list. At that age, lists are more about fantasy and figuring-out-what-you're-attracted-to than an actual marriage list. Her perfect boy would have good taste in clothes and know how to make the school uniform look good!

But how sad she never let go of her narrow definition of romantic perfection. I can only hope that maybe she's asexual and her "high standards" have been a way for her to sidestep romantic relationships altogether. Because if she really wants that kind of connection, and really wants/wanted to one day be pregnant, that is sad indeed.

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

My ex used to comment on how trashy VS seemed, but it was mostly because all of the flashy stuff was near the entrance. 

VS is positively tame, does anybody remember Fredericks of Hollywood?

Lori Alexander certainly showed the love of Christ when she stayed far away from her mother when she was dying. She writes good sounding Christian platitudes while not living one bit of it. She conditionally "loves" her children, even now.

7 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

That and I think they sexualize women.  

Some of us sexualize ourselves, and it's OK! I don't think VS sexualizes women as much as it recognizes that women feel sexual and want to express it. I'm plus size and only buy a certain body spray there because I love the fragrance.  When it comes to undies, it's Cacique all the way!

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 11

43 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

My mom used to shop there....she went out once with a dress that showed her butt crack in back and I can remember being traumatized....I was like 13 or so.   

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

When my niece lived with me, before she got married, when I would do laundry sometimes she had left her stuff in the dryer, so I'd take it out.  I would pick up these little string things, and just laugh.  Yes, they had VS tags and you couldn't miss them because they were as big as the actual panties.  Lori would be horrified and screech that she's going to hell.  She was a size 0 at the time, so more power to her.  

Since when does Lori speak in Yoda-like talk?  "Support them no longer?"  Really?  

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

When it comes to undies, it's Cacique all the way!

I had a.. romantic entanglement?.. before Mr. Kittens that enjoyed when I would go to Fredrick’s and take pictures of what I was trying on. I never thought I looked good (too big) but it was fun getting his reactions. 

I love Cacique for underwear, but I love Le Mystere for their bras. Apparently they were on Oprah’s favorite things list a while back. They are only in beige in my size, but they’re supportive as all get out and last quite a while. 

• Upvote 5

I love the VS t-shirt bra. So smooth! What I don't like is their sizing. If you're normally a C cup, you magically become a D cup at VS. My daughter and I used to shop there alot when she was still at home and she loved their bras because her cup size grew by one. Gimmicky at best. 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Welp, she's going viral again. Or something close to it.

Hide contents

587146111_ScreenShot2019-08-18at3_30_04PM.thumb.png.b240c81203be3dc09a1a16e5114cde02.png

Cue victim posting in 3....2....1....

Ugh. So according to Lori, even mothering itself is just about ovulation, pregnancy, and breastfeeding. Not about using your brain to homeschool them, or your compassion to guide them through adolescent turmoil, your courage to set them an example of strength. No, just conceive ‘em and pop ‘em out and stick a tit in their mouths. Mothering! Done. (According to Lori.) Grrrrrr.

• Upvote 16

Ok, I'm off the deep end here.  Shaun Steele knows about menstrual pain and how we should just live with it and work through it.  Hey, Shaun, let's chain you to a wall and kick you in the nuts about 100 times with steel-toed boots.  Then we'll talk about working through pain.  Asshat!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 4

18 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Ok, I'm off the deep end here.  Shaun Steele knows about menstrual pain and how we should just live with it and work through it.  Hey, Shaun, let's chain you to a wall and kick you in the nuts about 100 times with steel-toed boots.  Then we'll talk about working through pain.  Asshat!

This reminds me of one time in college where a dude said childbirth was less painful than a football injury.  There were only a few women in my engineering class at the time, but we tore him a new one.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I’ve actually heard a couple of men claim that we should be able to “hold in” the blood until we can make it to the bathroom.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 15
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

I’ve actually heard a couple of men claim that we should be able to “hold in” the blood until we can make it to the bathroom.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

I think that sometimes comes from ignorance of women's anatomy. I remember on at least one occasion my father telling me to sit down while I was waiting for my bathroom-hogging brother to get out of the bathroom so I could take care of business, even after I told him that sitting down wouldn't do any good.  If it were possible to hold in the blood, there would be no need for feminine hygiene products!

That said, I wouldn't doubt that some men are just assholes about it.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

I like VS. There is a lovely Muslim woman who works in the one I go to who always helps me. She is the first person who ever measured me correctly. I bet no one suspects what she wears under her burka.  I've been more comfortable ever since I started accepting her help and expertise. 

Does anyone else remember Lori being convinced that underwire causes cancer? (back around her mammograms are bad post?)

With people like Lori - she is determined to shame women. It doesn't really matter if this were different, she would just find something else.  She's a one woman shame storm.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

I like VS. There is a lovely Muslim woman who works in the one I go to who always helps me. She is the first person who ever measured me correctly. I bet no one suspects what she wears under her burka.  I've been more comfortable ever since I started accepting her help and expertise. 

Does anyone else remember Lori being convinced that underwire causes cancer? (back around her mammograms are bad post?)

With people like Lori - she is determined to shame women. It doesn't really matter if this were different, she would just find something else.  She's a one woman shame storm.

I'm genuinely curious as to exactly what kind of undergarments St. Lori believes godly women should wear.  Flesh colored with no underwire or frills of any kind?  Complete butt cheek coverage?  Your laundry should not sexually arouse anyone but your husband!  What a fun blog post that would be to read!

Edited by hollyfeller
Fixed typo
  • Upvote 11

I don't like VS. I shopped there some when I was younger (I'm only in my 40s now) but their stuff is super expensive and not comfortable. I am petite and my chest is of an average size (every store carries my bra size and it is a popular size because sometimes it is out of my favorite style). 

Fredrick's of Hollywood still exists but all on-line. I loved their wedding bustier (sp?). VS had impractical showy items, FH had a practical bustier that was smooth and comfortable to wear under my dress. VS's designs all had so much embellishment it was uncomfortable and had the possibility of showing. If I want a new sexy something, I shop FH.  FH has plus sizes too. 

• Upvote 6

I'm guessing she didn't get enough response with the first reposting of "Debt Free Virgins" last week, so she's trying again today to go viral with.   Honestly, I think the best way to handle Lori is to ignore her. She loves the attention and them loves to repost what a martyr she is and how mean people are to her.   

Ignoring her is the best response.  Unfortunately she boosts the most outlandish posts so new, unaware people post away on her nonsense.   In the past when she used to post more "normal" or "Theology" based post (and not crappy "biblical womanhood" posts) she complained that those received the least response. That was telling. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

I just wanted to let you all know that I am way holier than any of you! In fact, more than all of you combined. I absolutely NEVER shop at VS! (there isn't one in my country and I don't shop for bras online) 

• Haha 21
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Shaun Steele knows about menstrual pain and how we should just live with it and work through it. 

Uh, that's what we do, or in my case, did.  Lori Alexander needs to remember that the brain is part of the body, and women have one of those also. What an ignorant fool she is.

10 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

She's a one woman shame storm.

Well said. Such self-hatred projected on to everyone else. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

On 8/18/2019 at 8:40 AM, SilverBeach said:

Not that Lori would have gone shopping in something as base and worldly as a mall but....in SoCal near where she lives there were/are several traditional shopping malls as well as a couple of open air type places...I distinctly remember a Fredrick's store being in at least two of them.  Along with shoe stores that sold "stripper heels" almost exclusively.  When I got back from overseas the first thing I did was go find this wicked pair of black platforms with little silver flames on them.  

Lori is bliiiiinnnd.  

ETA:  just dawned on me, maybe Lori doesn't like going out in public anymore because her head nearly explode.  She's between three Marine Corps bases and a huge naval yard....there are a fair share of "gentlemen's clubs" and tattoo parlors in the hosting towns and all points in between.  

Edited by Imrlgoddess
head explosions
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, Liza said:

To be fair, stopping a video in motion at any point as in the picture I posted above (per Mr. Atheist's video) will distort anyone's image.  Lori is in her early 60's so cannot be expected to look great.  That said, I suspect she has health issues and she does look gaunt.  Some extra weight would fill out her face better, but I suspect that she has some sort of eating disorder causing her to be inordinately thin.  

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic