IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

2 hours ago, Petronella said:

I *hope* that he means buying the ingredients as if you have a completely empty kitchen. So, bottle of vanilla, sack of flour, etc etc, and much of it would be left over to make more cookies with in the future. Right? Because $60 to make ONE batch of cookies would be surprising!

He doesn't have a clue how much it costs her to make those cookies.  They have money and aren't counting the cost of making a dozen cookies.  He was pulling a number out of his butt, because, like Lori, he thinks it makes him all important, rich and Godly to be organic and fancy and all.  

• Upvote 14

3 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

He doesn't have a clue how much it costs her to make those cookies.  They have money and aren't counting the cost of making a dozen cookies.  He was pulling a number out of his butt, because, like Lori, he thinks it makes him all important, rich and Godly to be organic and fancy and all.  

Haha, you're right! I forgot that Ken is all about making up weirdly specific but ultimately random numbers.

• Upvote 10

My life would have been a lot more fun if I’d had the confidence to be a tatted-up sex demon.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 4

Hmm maybe $60 if Lori is making gluten-free cookies from scratch? 

I bought $10 Amish butter, maybe 2 pounds. But it’ll last a while. I also splurged a month ago and bought those eggs that Lori likes. They were on sale for $3 a dozen. Besides the shells being thicker, i didn’t get a taste difference. Just my opinion.  Back to store brand eggs. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Did t Ken say Loris chocolate chip cookies cost over $60 because she uses the “best” ingredients?

What does she put in them?  Gold leaf?

I spend $60 to buy stuff to make all my Christmas cookies (and I make a ton).  

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, Petronella said:

Your teaching stories always break my heart.

Also, I didn't know white socks were a thing to be concerned about. I mean, we all wear black socks, but I've never really thought about it. Wouldn't it depend on what color shoes and kind of outfit? I prefer black socks on my husband, I guess, but putting that on a list?? Good lord!

Mr. 05 splits his day between an office and a warehouse. So he dresses for the warehouse and has to wear steel toed work shoes. He wears white athletic socks all the time. The ones with reinforced toes because steel toes aren't great on socks. He has other socks for the rare occasions he needs to dress up. 

My friend, who can be rather tacky in so many ways, always thought the guys at our Catholic high school wearing the required dress pants with white socks and sneakers looked tacky. So it went on her list. That she apparently is still stuck on fulfilling. She also told me three years ago about how upsetting it was when a doctor acknowledged to her that she'd never have children of her own and how she told him off. She was 45. And followed up that part of the story with how if she met someone that weekend, dated for a year and were engaged for a year, she'd still have time to have a baby. The natural way. At somewhere around 48, I guess. I love her. But she doesn't live in reality much. And she didn't meet anyone that weekend. Still hasn't. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, CelticGoddess said:

What does she put in them?  

Unicorn poop. 

More specifically, two pounds of poop from debt free, VIRGIN unicorns without tattoos. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 23
  • Love 4

Oh, Lori...

no.thumb.PNG.953ff60b091b93bf620d1fe157b8d38c.PNG

Don't you love it?  She just up and commands a grown woman to stop shopping at Victoria's Secret!  

Lori, have you lost your damn mind?  No one cares what you think.  Get real.

Darla tells her like it is:

2122948701_no1.PNG.b36b45243ecdf1912387017fa0eeab23.PNG

I also think it's funny, that Lori will post something from a sketchy as fuck source, and then declare that she didn't have time to investigate them, but she agrees with xyz, so it's fine to post.

Immodest underwear models, though....let her see that, and she's calling for a boycott on the entire company.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

I prefer VS undies but can't afford them anymore so I'm stuck with shitty Haynes. VS bras are meh. I find better ones at Kohl's. 

And yes I've been known to hand my sons the VS catalogs for their viewing pleasure. Cheaper than Playboy or Hustler. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

There's standards and there's stupid.  The only things that went on my list were character traits, nothing about white socks or pressed pants or any other clothes.  The top of my list was kindness.  No one fought me on it.

• Upvote 8

Some of those women (and men) on the VS post are really worked up. If you don’t care for the fashion show, don’t watch. It’s not on every channel for mandatory viewing and I’m guessing that it’s in a time slot or in a channel not frequented by those people. If you don’t want the catalog, don’t get the catalog. I haven’t received one in years. As far as their signage in malls and such, I have no idea. I don’t pay attention to that stuff. 

My kids have known the proper names for body parts since they were very young. They’ve grown up at the beach and pool- we don’t make a big deal about what anyone is wearing and our family doesn’t shame others for their choices. I also haven’t raised my children to believe that looking at other bodies or being looked at outside of marriage is sinful or bad. That seems like it creates a lot of potential issues. 

Does my husband admire the bodies of other people? Of course. I do too. Our bodies are amazing, beautiful creations. Does my husband lust after them? No. And neither do I. 

Can someone explain how men are supposed to be strong and capable, tough instead of weak, yet walking by VS is too much? Or maybe, the issue is that they have such a low opinion of women...

• Upvote 11
  • Love 4

Can someone explain this? There were comments on her FB page about this as well... do they really think VS models are all transgender?

And Marie, women have a purpose beyond babies and nursing, and we are sexual beings. Goodness these people have issues! 

Spoiler

997ED1BC-7E51-43B7-87BA-22C60FC53187.thumb.png.feb10ce8f3f55314869663b9b21e7b78.png

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 7

There are bigger things in life to worry about than whether or not a VS model is transgender. Who the fuck cares? 

These idiots strain gnats and swallow spiders. Good grief, get a fucking life. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

If VS had mostly trans models, the store that my wife and I went to this summer would have been a lot nicer to her.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 9

Whoaaa! I don’t follow Lori but popping in to say she made it to my Reddit front page: 

85D828C3-844B-40BF-9231-856BE0EC8712.png

2943BDF2-E2A6-41AB-9D9B-A5F947654FEF.jpeg

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 5

20 minutes ago, raspberrymint said:

If VS had mostly trans models, the store that my wife and I went to this summer would have been a lot nicer to her.  

I’m sorry :(

I don’t get people sometimes. 

To clarify- I wouldn’t care if the models were all transgender- inclusion is important. I also don’t have a clue who the current models are. I found it to be a strange assertion- especially from those who advocate “purity” in all things and guarding your heart/eyes. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Unicorn poop. 

More specifically, two pounds of poop from debt free, VIRGIN unicorns without tattoos. 

But if you can't find debt free, VIRGIN unicorn (without tattoos) poop, store bought is fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

16 minutes ago, Dana723 said:

But if you can't find debt free, VIRGIN unicorn (without tattoos) poop, store bought is fine.

How can Lori be touting the Tightwad Gazette over on Twitter today while claiming that a batch of chocolate chip cookies costs her $60 to make???  I mean, I know we've established her hypocrisy already, but she just keeps giving us new reasons to call her out.  The lack of self-awareness is beyond astounding.

• Upvote 11

Lori is so melodramatic, telling Melissa not to shop at VS:

1429250165_Lorisupportthemnolonger.jpg.074f1d28a98ec1d52370b8d50763fa8d.jpg

It's like:

Spoiler

600985730_Hamletandophelia.jpg.7f7ba35a19383d81acdc04d22131244a.jpg

I suspect she's enjoying picturing this scene at the Woy household:

Spoiler

180915145_Vsbras.jpg.da022c86062332261979f9e13c9d50f9.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, thoughtful said:

Lori is so melodramatic, telling Melissa not to shop at VS:

1429250165_Lorisupportthemnolonger.jpg.074f1d28a98ec1d52370b8d50763fa8d.jpg

It's like:

Hide contents

600985730_Hamletandophelia.jpg.7f7ba35a19383d81acdc04d22131244a.jpg

I suspect she's enjoying picturing this scene at the Woy household:

Hide contents

180915145_Vsbras.jpg.da022c86062332261979f9e13c9d50f9.jpg

My ex used to comment on how trashy VS seemed, but it was mostly because all of the flashy stuff was near the entrance.  You have to venture waaaaaay back to find the reasonable, comfortable, everyday bras.  Don't get me wrong, I love a sexy bra, but I suspect women mostly own more basic ones.

• Upvote 4

I don't personally support Victoria Secret because I try not to shop at stores that don't have plus sized items. I have one VS bra that's been okay but haven't bought more after I realized, as a plus sized woman, I'd never be able to buy their underwear or fit in their clothes. To me, you can't say you support women and then leave out a huge demographic. That and I think they sexualize women.  But it's a personal choice I make for myself; I don't judge others for buying there. I doubt they're all transgender because VS has notoriously excluded trans and plus sized models. The owner got in trouble for some comments in regard to this matter last year I believe. 

Gary, you make being single sounds really appealing. Or at least a whole lot more pleasurable. 

IMG_2911.PNG

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Did t Ken say Loris chocolate chip cookies cost over $60 because she uses the “best” ingredients?

Ladies, if you factor in the salary of the housekeeper who will make the cookies and clean the kitchen afterwarts than 60 $ is not so much ;) . Lori and baking anything other than einkorn bread in a 6 quarts dutch oven, please.

Since Lori is a rather small breasted woman, she will have morst likely never had the problems of us larger breasted ladies. If you are one of the women nature graced with more than the handfulll in that department, you will fight to death for your comfy bras, no matter what brand. I wear the only model Hunkemöller (a dutch brand) has in my size, but it's good quality, lasts a while and is reasonably priced for that size.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

There are bigger things in life to worry about than whether or not a VS model is transgender. Who the fuck cares? 

These idiots strain gnats and swallow spiders. Good grief, get a fucking life. 

Can you even imagine a life where a VS model being transgender or not is your biggest concern? Where the toughest decision you have to make is whether to shop there or not?

Or a world where God cares where you shop for bras?

• Upvote 10
  • Love 6

'All VS models are scary tran-sex-you-alls!!!!' sound like a fundie urban legend told by insecure wives watching their husbands read the VS catalogue ...

Looking at you Lori.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic