IGNORED

Lori Alexander 70: Blaspheming the Word of God

On 9/6/2019 at 2:00 AM, OyHiOh said:

Mine was heavily sedated for fourteen days, on ventilator.  The last few days, he also had brain damage from too much oxygen for too long . . . . the last day, I sat there and told him over and over "you can die now."  He had a story about telling soldiers in his platoon they couldn't die unless he gave them permission . . . . so I gave him permission.  It was the last thing I said to him the last time I left his room, "I love you.  You can die now."  He died minutes before I walked in the next morning and frankly I'm really surprised he held on that long.

I  so sorry for your loss. My last words to my granny was that my mum(who had died years before) would have been so proud of how brave and strong  she had been but it was on for her to go, and we loved her. 

• Love 16

6 hours ago, kpmom said:

I'm really enjoying reading your posts @WineGlass

We recite the Nicene Creed in my church every week and when we get to the part about Jesus coming in glory to judge the living and the dead I kind of inwardly roll my eyes and think, "2000 years and still waiting,".

If anyone is interested in the books I’ve read please PM me. Not sure I should list them here as I don’t want to offend anyone. But they are all by reputable historians and critical bible scholars, not apologists.

This includes you, Lori, if you would like to learn something.  [insert rolling eye banana- I don’t actually know how to do that on my phone!]

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

I mean, one presents the platter at about chest level. Isn't it just yet another (eye) trap??? 

Well, thanks to this comment I'm now thinking about big ol' titties covered in bacon, so I hope you're happy you've caused this food-loving bisexual to stumble. 

• Haha 24

Our Friend Flicka has regaled us with another of her fantastical, unbelievable, completely made up stories that never happened (see her comment on Lori's Susan B Anthony doodle)

OFF begins by bemoaning how hard it is to be a widow with no man to protect you so you can just retreat into your home and not have to deal with the world. At all. Ever.  She knows this you see because there are always men coming on to her and trying to be her friend.  Why there was this one man that wanted to get with her so bad he built fires under her windows to try to get her to come outside.  But she wouldn't. This went on for a whole year.

Finally she decided to pray and pray and pray. And guess what? A month later the man went to work, had a heart attack --and died. And he'd never had heart trouble.

Now inquiring minds want to know if she prayed for him to die.  But since OFF is a good Christian and loves Lori and her ways it was probably just a coincidence.

She also tells us that the bank tried to fraud her one time (I think she meant defraud but it's hard to tell with OFF).  Her sons though stepped right in and gave the bank what for and that mean ol' bank was just shaking in their boots afterward.  

OFF is really off. Her stories would be amusing if they weren't so sad and disturbing -- a desperate bid for attention.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Why there was this one man that wanted to get with her so bad he built fires under her windows to try to get her to come outside.  But she wouldn't. This went on for a whole year.

DAMN.    I've been a widow for almost 8 years and no one has ever once built me a fire.   I must not be the right kind of Christian...

Edited by SweetLaurel
spelling
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 17

4 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

DAMN.    I've been a widow for almost 8 years and no one has ever once built me a fire.   I must not be the right kind of Christian...

I'm an agnostic widow, now I'm kind of scared about what kind of fire a local Christian man is going to build under me.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8

43 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

OFF begins by bemoaning how hard it is to be a widow with no man to protect you so you can just retreat into your home and not have to deal with the world. At all. Ever.  She knows this you see because there are always men coming on to her and trying to be her friend.  Why there was this one man that wanted to get with her so bad he built fires under her windows to try to get her to come outside.  But she wouldn't. This went on for a whole year.

Umm...I been taking care of the business from death certificates to raising hell with the VA to bank accounts. I can't retreat into my house and not deal with the world. It just doesn't work that way. 

I don't need anybody to fight my battles for me...I'm pretty fucking good at fighting my own battles. IF I need reinforcements, I have my sons who will rip anyone limb from limb for fucking with mama...I try not to get them involved because bail money is not in my budget. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 16

9 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I'm an agnostic widow, now I'm kind of scared about what kind of fire a local Christian man is going to build under me.

All we can do is stock up on s'mores supplies and wait....  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21
  • Love 2

Lori reads here she's cruel, I wouldn't put it past here trying to hurt @feministxtian
throughts; just like she tries with her own daughter... Luckily her stories are so ridiculous she's giving us a good laugh:roasting:

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 6

Just now, squiddysquid said:

Lori reads here she's cruel, I wouldn't put it past here trying to hurt @feministxtian
throug her posts; just like she tries with her own daughter... Luckily her stories are so ridiculous she's giving us a good laugh:roasting:

bring it bitch...I will bury you. Even your knight in shining armor won't be able to help you...I handed him his ass a few times when he visited us. I have no time for the petty horseshit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 8

Bacon isn't hard just slap it on a pan and stick it in the oven for 15 mins. Perfect bacon. 

Man if I knew it was that easy to get married I would have been married years ago. Just put on my push up bra; carry bacon around (making sure to highlight the boobs); wear a nice dress and smile real big. Now that I think about it I'd probably just look deranged. I'm too stoic normally to have it look anything else but crazed. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Our Friend Flicka has regaled us with another of her fantastical, unbelievable, completely made up stories that never happened (see her comment on Lori's Susan B Anthony doodle)

Finally she decided to pray and pray and pray. And guess what? A month later the man went to work, had a heart attack --and died. And he'd never had heart trouble.

Now inquiring minds want to know if she prayed for him to die.  But since OFF is a good Christian and loves Lori and her ways it was probably just a coincidence.

She also tells us that the bank tried to fraud her one time (I think she meant defraud but it's hard to tell with OFF).  Her sons though stepped right in and gave the bank what for and that mean ol' bank was just shaking in their boots afterward.  

OFF is really off. Her stories would be amusing if they weren't so sad and disturbing -- a desperate bid for attention.

He probably needed his shorts washed and he had no idea how to use that magical wishy-washy machine in his garage.  That's women's work so he never bothered to learn.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

So. In our quest to catch a man; do you think we could skip a step and wear a meat dress? Would Lori approve? Asking for a friend. 

8EC41A1E-238C-4D51-AA7C-33E89A1EC0F2.jpeg

Edited by usmcmom
Typo
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 16
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, WineGlass said:

Not sure I should list them here

It's fine, please list them here. We are all about sharing of knowledge. No reason for anyone to get offended.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

So. In our quest to catch a man; do you think we could skip a step and wear a meat dress? Would Lori approve? Asking for a friend. 

8EC41A1E-238C-4D51-AA7C-33E89A1EC0F2.jpeg

Only if it fit her modesty standards.  Kosher is not one of them!

And wash that makeup off your face!  You don't want any menz to think you are sexually available.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

Only if it fit her modesty standards.  Kosher is not one of them!

And wash that makeup off your face!  You don't want any menz to think you are sexually available.

I mean, at least she’s wearing a head covering. Very submissive. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I mean, at least she’s wearing a head covering. Very submissive. 

In a pinch a slice of prosciutto works as a head covering for your daily prayers.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

Whelp, I had a banana in celebration of my feminism after dinner and it seemed to have triggered my stomach problems. It's so strange because they're supposed to be super helpful for the stomach but of course I should have known better than to think I have normal gerd. This has happened before and I should have made the connection. I'll add bananas next to Lara bars on things I should not eat. I'll have to figure out an alternative to maintain my feminism 

That a side, remember folks, a banana a day keeps the submissive house wife away! ? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

Wtf is wrong with people? Women are men and should weigh no more than 130 lbs. sorry but I am not a man, nothing wrong with being one though. I am a women. I have always been a Tom boy. I have worked since I was 16 and am very independent. Still not a man. I am tall, 5’9”. For my height I shouldn’t weigh less than 140 lbs to be healthy. I’d look sickly thin at that weight. Yes I am over weight, not due to medications but stress. This is why these guys are single/ should be. 828B8C75-4A36-4EF7-A79E-DF5E3A279B22.thumb.jpeg.42522b4b9d25597f2f468299b7ad92db.jpeg

Not all guys want stay at home wives that weigh nothing. My bf loves that I am independent and not a stick. He loved me when I was thinner and he still loves me over weight. He still finds me very attractive and is very supportive. 

Richard keep your theories to yourself dude. You are way off base. 

Ben fuck off. I hope you stay single the rest of your life! 

• Love 12

41 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Wtf is wrong with people? Women are men and should weigh no more than 130 lbs. sorry but I am not a man, nothing wrong with being one though. I am a women. I have always been a Tom boy. I have worked since I was 16 and am very independent. Still not a man. I am tall, 5’9”. For my height I shouldn’t weigh less than 140 lbs to be healthy. I’d look sickly thin at that weight. Yes I am over weight, not due to medications but stress. This is why these guys are single/ should be. 828B8C75-4A36-4EF7-A79E-DF5E3A279B22.thumb.jpeg.42522b4b9d25597f2f468299b7ad92db.jpeg

Not all guys want stay at home wives that weigh nothing. My bf loves that I am independent and not a stick. He loved me when I was thinner and he still loves me over weight. He still finds me very attractive and is very supportive. 

Richard keep your theories to yourself dude. You are way off base. 

Ben fuck off. I hope you stay single the rest of your life! 

The use of the word "bossy" to describe women makes me stabby.  I challenged a female friend about that the other day.  Fortunately I did it calmly, but I was seething.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

It's fine, please list them here. We are all about sharing of knowledge. No reason for anyone to get offended.

Ok, I just didn't want to come across as trying to hurt people's faith - I'm absolutely not - I can see how this material might be quite challenging to some people, but also very liberating for others. But we are all trying to believe as few false things and as many true things, as possible, aren't we?!

Gospel Fictions: Randell Helms
(Shows how the gospels are written as myth, not intended to be history at all)
Holy Fables, Vols 1,2,3: Robert Price
(Takes you through whole the bible (New and Old T) showing how the writings and characters are mythological, not historical)
Jesus neither god nor man: Earl Doherty
(Provides evidence straight out of the New Testament writings that early christians considered Jesus a celestial, not historical, character)
On the Historicity of Jesus: why we might have reason to doubt: Richard Carrier
(Exhaustive look at ALL the evidence, both within and without the bible, which shows quite conclusively that Jesus was not seen as a historical figure, but as a celestial saviour figure by the earliest christians)
Jesus Interrupted: Bart Ehrman
(Shows how the NT writers had contradictory views of Jesus, and looks at the contradictions in the NT)
Misquoting Jesus: Bart Ehrman
(Shows how the NT has been changed over time and how our views about Jesus have been shaped by these changes)

My favourite is the Richard Carrier book - it is very information dense and heavily annotated. It covers so much, and touches on some things I knew quite well and other things I had never heard of. I have the audio version too and have listened to it at least a dozen times in order to just take in all the information. Really recommend this one. (It does have a fair bit of maths in it because Carrier is trying to assess the probability that Jesus was a historical man using Bayes Theorem, but if maths is not your thing you can just skip this stuff and focus on his handling of the evidence and how he draws his conclusions.)

You can find interviews and debates with Price, Ehrman and Carrier all over YouTube too.

Enjoy!

Edited by WineGlass
clarification
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

14 years here, and me neither.

All we can do is stock up on s'mores supplies and wait.... 

Mmmmm, s’mores...?

Edited by smittykins
Add SweetLaurel’s quote
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Koala said:

-Yes, she very clearly says that neither she nor any of her children were infertile.  Strange, because here's a video she made 5 months ago, on how she dealt with her daughter's infertility:

I heard the part where you think she was saying "disgusting" instead of "discussing", and I'm hearing the same thing you are.  She's definitely saying "disgusting".  

Finally, she is looking more wild eyed and disheveled by the day.  Her hair is going every which way, and she doesn't even seem to be aware of it.  Usually, I wouldn't say anything, but she made an entire post about how women should be called out when they aren't looking good.

Also, I lost all sympathy for her when she posted the pic of her son's classmates, to show her fan girls how immodest they all were.

n1.PNG.e7481f1a9db4e4522a5b0e07113b2552.PNG

Gee, isn't it sad that SHE had to cope with Alyssa's infertility.   Like it's a personal affront that one of her perfectly raised GODLY children can't just pop out babies like they are a pez dispenser.

I really hope that by this time Alyssa has been able to make peace with the fact that her mother has disordered thinking and is just really not a nice person.  She seems to have a decent relationship with Ken and he really does seem to love her and enjoy spending time with her.

Lori is starting to look so disheveled and she's aged 20 years in the last 5 or so.  There is obviously something going on with her, but I wouldn't be surprised if anyone that might intervene has just given up and decided to let things play out as they will. 

11 hours ago, feministxtian said:

bring it bitch...I will bury you. Even your knight in shining armor won't be able to help you...I handed him his ass a few times when he visited us. I have no time for the petty horseshit. 

To be fair that was a pretty low bar.  I think most of us can claim that particular banner ;)

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, Curious said:

Lori is starting to look so disheveled and she's aged 20 years in the last 5 or so.  There is obviously something going on with her, but I wouldn't be surprised if anyone that might intervene has just given up and decided to let things play out as they will. 

Anyone who has tried to intervene with a parent getting up there in years knows it's not easy. 

Trying to take an older parent's car keys away when they really should not be driving any longer, trying to intervene with their financial decisions when not-so-good people  take advantage of them, etc. is tough. 

Heck, my own husband's hearing was getting worse for years before he finally realized it and did something about it.  And this was with all of us in the family talking to him about it for many years.

Unless they have some sort of guardianship of Lori (hard to get and expensive) they can't force her to do anything.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

@WineGlass I went to Catholic school, which was, like the Catholic church, very progressive in some respects while very conservative in others. 

We didn't read those specific books, but we did study all of the different New Testament sources (L, Q, etc.) and how they contradicted or added to each other over time, the formation of myths by the Hebrews and how they were similar to other concurrent or earlier religions (and how the geography of different tribes influenced this), the other gospels that were discarded and the Apocrypha added by the Catholic church. We discussed how the "works" or miracles of Jesus could have been real or what they may have symbolized, and how the different Gospels relayed the miracles. 

It blows my mind that there are a) Catholics out there who don't understand the Catholic church's current teachings and still think Evolution isn't real b) Christians who read the Bible without considering any context, history, or literary elements whatsoever, and c) people who do not know how the Bible was compiled or translated through the years. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic