• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
47of74

Bike ride adventures

Wine time!
47of74

Since dawn’s ass crack is showing up early again I went and got a ride in this morning at sunrise. 

A5139119-D12E-4BBC-958D-79268A9A20DA.jpeg.b5ad5a340c81073771fba769108fa27c.jpeg

https://strava.app.link/A3M4ABxpl1 

I made sure to layer up. 

I’ll probably do some more butt crack O dawn riding this week.  Just have to remember where I put the GoPro. 

Wine time!
47of74

Dawn’s ass crack rides again!

It was about 21 degrees when I went for my ride. I’m still thawing out. 

CTRLZero
2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

It was about 21 degrees when I went for my ride. I’m still thawing out.  

That's dedication!  With the wind chill factor generated by riding, it was probably near single digits.  It's pouring here, so I hit the nice, warm elliptical in the fitness center.   😁

Wine time!
47of74
3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

That's dedication!  With the wind chill factor generated by riding, it was probably near single digits.  It's pouring here, so I hit the nice, warm elliptical in the fitness center.   😁

Thank you!  :) 

To be honest I’ll probably not do too many more of these this year If it stays as cold as it has been. Just have to see how the weather is going forward.  I did want to get out and do one more time lapse this year since DST ended.  Got that in so I’m pretty much set.

Wine time!
47of74

I might do some riding post MPRE Saturday since it’s supposed to be up in the 40s Saturday. I don’t think I’ll be doing much tomorrow since it’s supposed to be colder than a Branch Trumpvidian’s heart tomorrow.

Howl
On 11/7/2019 at 8:30 PM, 47of74 said:

I don’t think I’ll be doing much tomorrow since it’s supposed to be colder than a Branch Trumpvidian’s heart tomorrow.

Ditto.  It's a balmy 67 degrees right now at 8:30 am, but about 4 hours away from the arrival of a cold front.  Tomorrow at this time it will be 30 degrees or a wee bit above with a hard north wind.  

Still, this weird warm/cold seesaw is what Texas winters are all about, so there will be nice riding days in the 60s starting Friday. 

Wine time!
47of74

Cording to Strava I ride through the brewery this morning. 

1DF8B6BB-9D17-47F5-9D66-6CB57A9EDC54.thumb.jpeg.441750e401eb8bb7764224a038d61886.jpeg

And the people at work think I’m crazy because I rode my bike up from the parking lot in single degree weather. 

Wine time!
47of74

And one this afternoon back to the car.  If we get some relatively warm days I might be out again otherwise it's about time to put the bike away for the season.

Howl

@47of74, from glimpses of your helmet and the cuff of your jersey, we have a similar hi-visibility philosophy.  I always wear a neon yellow jersey on the road and especially in my city commutes and have my front blinky going.  Also have a new helmet with neon yellow accents on order. 

Wine time!
47of74
[mention=21952]47of74[/mention], from glimpses of your helmet and the cuff of your jersey, we have a similar hi-visibility philosophy.  I always wear a neon yellow jersey on the road and especially in my city commutes and have my front blinky going.  Also have a new helmet with neon yellow accents on order. 

It’s definitely needed around here especially when out in the roads and when I’m out when dawn’s butt crack shows up. The lights on my bike are always on anytime I’m riding.

Wine time!
47of74

Today’s time lapse around Dyersville 

CTRLZero

What a beautiful, but chilly, morning.  That cloud formation looked amazing.  Glad you made it out for another ride before the season ends.

Wine time!
47of74
What a beautiful, but chilly, morning.  That cloud formation looked amazing.  Glad you made it out for another ride before the season ends.

Thank you. It was actually early this afternoon. It was warmer out today than what it has been lately. Supposed to be up in the 40s next week. Probably won’t go out tomorrow since it’s supposed to rain.