IGNORED

Bike ride adventures

47of74

Went and got the ride out of the way early today since there's some severe weather about to pass through the area.  Got part of the ride on time lapse.

I didn't get the whole thing on video because my GoPro battery discharged overnight and I only had it up to 33% by the time I left.  I didn't want to wait too long and have the weather get bad on me.

• Upvote 1

Got a nice long one in today riding to church and back.

Weather was perfect today too for riding.  It was in the 70s and low 80s today.  It was just over 21 miles total riding today.

• Upvote 1

And here's the route I did today

ride.thumb.jpg.1fe73fbd0c870aac9f3c238aedb65fae.jpg

• Upvote 1

We finally dusted off the bicycles today (there were actual cobwebs) and took them out for a tune-up and quick spin around our local neighborhoods.  It felt good to get back to riding.  We took a look at the location where the new bike path route is under construction, and we were exited to see that it’s almost ready.  The path will put us close to town without having to dodge traffic, so can hardly wait!  🚲 

• Upvote 1

Today's post work bike ride.

Just a little over 19 miles total.  Today's soundtrack in memory of David Warner (1941-2022).

• Upvote 1

Here's the video of yesterday's commute to and from work

• Upvote 1

Today I went up to Lakes Nokomis and Hiawatha for my post work jaunt. 

Fairly nice ride even though half of Lake Hiawatha is blocked by a golf course.  Just about 8.25 miles total.

• Upvote 1

This afternoon's post work ride. BBrunRide.thumb.png.06b38616e02f8789a94d997bb4cdcc40.png

Ran down to Best Buy to see about a new Apple Watch after work.  All said and done just about nine miles total.  The GoPro battery discharged today so I didn't use it today.  Thus no time lapse.

• Upvote 1

Today's post work bike ride, MASH4077 edition....

Bike Riding is Painless (more or less).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Today's post work bike ride, MASH4077 edition....

The music had occasional bell chimes (sounded just like a bike chime) - at first I thought it was because you were passing people “on your left”!  I love the neighborhood coffee shops, etc.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

This morning's ride out to Edina and back.

Not quite 16 miles.  Nice day for a ride.

Time lapse of part of today's bike ride over to St. Paul;

Battery drained so I didn't get the whole thing.

• Upvote 1

Went for a quick spin around Lakes Nokomis and Hiawatha this afternoon after work. 

Tomorrow I think Lake Harriet if I feel up to it after work.

• Upvote 1

Headed up northwest after work towards Lake Harriet and Bde Maka Ska before heading over to one of my usual 48th St haunts.

Little bit on the warm side this evening but not too bad of a day to do some riding.  Just over 14 miles total.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Headed up northwest after work towards Lake Harriet and Bde Maka Ska before heading over to one of my usual 48th St haunts.

I looked at a map, and you chose well buying a condo in that location.  So much great access to bike routes, neighborhood businesses, and those lakes!

We took our bikes out yesterday to ride into town to pick up a prescription for our cat. Round trip it was 13 miles, and we’re so out of shape that it felt like it was uphill both ways!  I’ll post a photo when our newest bike path opens up.  It should make our ride safer, plus may be a nice view from one portion.  Hopefully by end of summer. 

• Thank You 1

9 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I looked at a map, and you chose well buying a condo in that location.  So much great access to bike routes, neighborhood businesses, and those lakes!

We took our bikes out yesterday to ride into town to pick up a prescription for our cat. Round trip it was 13 miles, and we’re so out of shape that it felt like it was uphill both ways!  I’ll post a photo when our newest bike path opens up.  It should make our ride safer, plus may be a nice view from one portion.  Hopefully by end of summer. 

Yeah, I think so.  My realtor said it was a good location and I think I struck gold too.  It's so easy to access trails leading all over the area and it's not too far from down town.  Plus if there aren't bike trails then there's dedicated bike lanes for people to use as well.

Here's today's jaunts to and from work. 

Just over 14.1 miles total today on the two wheeled money sink.  They have a repair thing at work with a decent selection of repair tools so I was finally able to tighten my mirror.  Next up is just stopping at a gas station or bike place to air the tires.

• Upvote 1

This afternoon's post work ride

• Upvote 1

Got a head start on the weekend after work today

• Upvote 1

Today's bike ride around Saint Paul.

SundayBikeRide.thumb.png.534ef969c2199b2d435b156d3430abb6.png

Forgot the GoPro today.  Fairly decent out for riding around - no rain when I was riding.  Just under 6 miles total.

• Upvote 1

Found a route down to Eagan so I went down to Eagan and back today.  Good 16 mile ride down there. 

Weather was pretty nice for riding today as well. 

• Thank You 1

And this afternoon's post work time lapse around Lake Nokomis

• Upvote 1

Well had to run down to Tar-shay after work today to get some stuff then went for a bit of a ride.

About 9 miles total today.

• Upvote 1

This afternoon's post work ride up to Lake Harriet

• Upvote 2

Went out to the river and back this morning.

Today's music inspired by the fact that I was sorely tempted to yell hey why don't you watch where you're going you dumbass at a couple different people at various points in the ride.

• Upvote 1

Couldn't quite decide today what to do after work so I thought head out on the bike and a route would come to me.  Got out and decided to head down to Eagan again. 

Just under 18 miles total.  Perfect day for riding too. 

• Upvote 1