IGNORED

Amanda Beth Flynn Thinking About College

longskirts

Maybe she was only "fundie-lite" before, but I thought she bought into the whole stay-at-home-daughter deal. Looks like she is now considering other options:

amandabethonline.blogspot.com/2011/10/on-other-side-of-fence.html

I have been reading her blog for many years off and on. I felt for a while that if anyone will fly the coop it would be Amanda. You are quite correct in your assumption that the family was/is pretty well entrenched within the fundie/VF movement and has been for a long while. Flynns are very close friends with Thomas family who could be considered a royalty of sorts since they stayed at teh Botkin Palace.

I think that some of the SAHD are realizing that there is an interesting world out there beyond the family compound. Mercy Morecraft, another SAHD from the top echelons, now works at Anne Taylor Loft and is “trying to figure out collegeâ€. I wonder how daddy Joe feels about all this.

You have made my day!

:clap:

A Flynn, and a Morecraft???

:dance:

The Thomases and Flynns and Morecrafts and Servens and Zeses and other bright, shiny Dominionists of their circle are vexatious to me, because they can present themselves as just that effortlessly superior -- and it's all due to following the home-schooling, skirt-wearing, muscle-shirt-wearing (see Niednagel, Jordan), adorable-child-birthing in the exquisitely-charming-home and working for Daddy-who's-cleverly-made-millions while wife poses deliciously sweetly in Soft Surroundings outfits ...

If they're truly that together and happy, good on 'em! But I have to suspect that things are very carefully edited to present the P/QF lifestyle in glowingest terms.

The fact that Amanda Beth and Mercy have thought things over and are opting - at least for now - to live life differently? Well, that has to prove that life is not all medieval weddings on pappa's lush estate grounds, now, doesn't it? :think:

Her post was very thoughtful and surprised me also - but with her past accomplishments, perhaps it is to be expected. I've always wondered how she felt about her younger sister being married before her.

Archived