IGNORED

Chrisley Indicted

Curious

This stars of Chrisley Knows Best have been indicted for tax fraud and some other crimes.  Best known for the reality show "Chrisley Knows Best" the lovely Christian patriarch of the family has said that he belives gays are born that way, but it's still a sin.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/14/entertainment/todd-julie-chrisley-key-accusations/index.html

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

He sent out a message through instagram earlier this week saying this was going to happen, and that they can prove the documents against them are "false."

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, elf1590 said:

He sent out a message through instagram earlier this week saying this was going to happen, and that they can prove the documents against them are "false."

hahahahahhahahahahhahahhahha....NEVER F**K WITH THE IRS.  Thoughts and prayers on lying your way out of this one.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

So I may not be the only person that got a scam vibe from this guy? I only watched part of 2 episodes. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

Yeah, they blamed it all on a disgruntled former employee that they won’t name.  Who just happened to be an expert in forgery and fooled the IRS.  Riiiiight...

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

54 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So I may not be the only person that got a scam vibe from this guy? I only watched part of 2 episodes. 

I only saw clips but he seemed so icky. He gave his daughter a giant breast cake and told her to blow out the nipples after she got a boob job. That is Trump/Ivanka level of icky. 

• Disgust 11
  • WTF 11
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yeah, they blamed it all on a disgruntled former employee that they won’t name.  Who just happened to be an expert in forgery and fooled the IRS.  Riiiiight...

But after the disgruntled former employee left, they kept up the fraud with fake documents to show they had sufficient funds (in the mid 6 figures) to rent a house in CA, when they actually had an overdraft of $14,000 or in another instance, zero money in the bank.  Then they (oops) missed a rent payment.  

They were in custody as of today.  Hard to make bail when you have zip actual financial resources.  Feel sorry for the kid(s).  They never ask for this to happen. 

In our city a few years ago, a flamboyant  and extravagant big spender (huge house, lovely wife, teen son got to drive his own Lamborghini, etc.) committed suicide when the house built on defaulted loans and over-extended credit cards collapsed and he was about to be exposed as financial fraud, deeply in debt with no way out.  For him, it was apparently all about appearances and he couldn't bear the thought of a life after being exposed as a financial failure. 

It was covered in the paper, but no follow up on what happened to wife/kids.  I can't imagine living a cushy life (or any life) and waking up one day to your husband's suicide and then quickly finding out that not only are you are penniless, but very soon to be homeless as well because the house is in foreclosure. 

It's probably not that unusual an occurrence.  My ex knew a couple where the wife was supposedly doing all the bill paying, but she had a secret habit (gambling?) and the husband found out when they were on the verge of losing their home to foreclosure because she hadn't made mortgage payments for many months.  Can't remember if that marriage lasted. 

These Chrisley grifting sleazebag con artists sound like they've never had an honest day in their lives.  My money (!) is on them spending time in the gray-bar hotel. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3

Supposedly the mother’s money was her own, made from who knows what. She’d been a national-level beauty pageant contestant somewhere along the way.

Several years ago around here, there was a suicide - even more tragic than that fact - of a 30-something mom/ wife/ Christian grade-school teacher. She had a secret gambling habit and her family had no idea of the dire depths of her debt. 

• Sad 7

2 hours ago, mamallama said:

OMG, they're for real?  I've only seen promos but always assumed it was a spoof.

I thought that too until I saw part of the episode and then googled them. They really do seem like caricatures. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

My favorite part of the indictment is where the feds talk about how they cut out numbers and glued them onto bank statements and other official documents to change the dollar amounts. That’s some low-level, old-school fraud they got going on. 

But yes. The IRS was who finally got Capone. Don’t mess with them. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

My husband literally told me about this this morning by looking at me with a cheesy smile and saying, “I guess Chrisley doesn’t know best!” 10/10 dad joke right there. ?

But yeah, I’ve seen a few episodes of the show. They do seem very cartoonish in a lot of ways and, like @formergothardite said, there are some really weird moments where Todd really crosses the lines of appropriate boundaries.

I guess Todd’s eldest daughter, Lindsie, was rumored to have been the source that turned them in. Her lawyer denied that though and stated she’s actually been estranged from the family for two years due to their harassment, lies, and threats against her. It’ll be interesting to see what the older kids (Chase and Savannah) know or if they were kept in the dark about it all. Chase apparently was hit with a $16,000 federal tax lien for 2014, though his Accountant says he’s unaware of a lien and that Chase shouldn’t owe anything. Chase at least has several years to pay that back, but still. Todd and Julie still have one minor son (Greyson?) at home, so I at least feel pretty badly for him. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

@ViolaSebastian I am still hoping the IRS will go back after CO$ and go after Gwrn Shamblin and get them to at least loose non-profit status. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Todd and Julie still have one minor son (Greyson?) at home, so I at least feel pretty badly for him. 

They also have primary custody of their granddaughter, Chloe. Who BTW is the cutest child ever. I feel bad for both minors in that house. Apparently, Todd tried to blackmail Lindsie about a sex tape. What kind of dad does that?

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 4

Speaking of Chrisley's Daughter -  TY TMZ
https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/15/todd-chrisley-daughter-extortion-sex-tape-taxes-indictment/

TODD CHRISLEYDAUGHTER CLAIMS HE EXTORTED HER OVER SEX TAPE

8/15/2019 12:40 AM PT

EXCLUSIVE

TMZ.com

Todd Chrisley has more drama on his plate -- his daughter ran to cops a month before he was indicted on tax fraud charges, claiming he tried extorting her with a sex tape to get her to lie ... but Todd claims BS.

Here's the situation ... Todd's daughter, Lindsie  -- who's estranged from the fam -- filed a police report last month in Georgia, alleging her brother, Chase, and her father were harassing her and threatening her with a sex tape of hers she believed Chase purchased.

In the police report, obtained by TMZ, Lindsie claimed Todd and Chase threatened to release the sex tape if she didn't lie about a certain "incident." Sources close to Lindsie say the lie was related to her testimony about the tax mess.

Getty

As we reported ... Todd and his wife, Julie, were indicted Tuesday on multiple federal charges ... including tax evasion, bank fraud, wire fraud and conspiracy. They pled not guiltyin court Wednesday after turning themselves in, and have denied any wrongdoing.

As for Lindsie's allegation that Todd and Chase were in cahoots, Todd is denying it flat-out ... saying there's no truth to it and Lindsie's lying. Todd says he and Chase didn't purchase Lindsie's sex tape ... which allegedly includes a 'Bachelor' star. He tells us, "Although our hearts are broken, Lindsie is our daughter and we will always love her."

Play video content

LEAVING COURT

Dennis Byron/Hip Hop Enquirer

That said, sources connected to Todd tell TMZ he has a suspicion Lindsie might be part of the reason he and Julie got indicted in the first place, although it's unclear why. However, Lindsie's attorney, Musa Ghanayem, tells us that's absurd ... saying any report of Lindsie squealing on her fam is untrue, and that she didn't leak a damn thing.

For the record ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ that Lindsie's case in GA has been officially dismissed, because the alleged threat and harassment occurred in Tennessee.

No word on whether she plans to refile there.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1

Lindsie was smart, smart, smart to distance herself from her family.  What a nest of vipers.  

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

Lindsie was smart, smart, smart to distance herself from her family.  What a nest of vipers.  

It seems the oldest two, who are from his previous marriage, have distanced themselves from them. Likely because they have another parent to lean on (their mother). The younger kids don’t have that refuge so they are all up in that nest and it sounds like those adult children are vipers too. I know his oldest son has a history of addiction and that may be another reason why they are estranged. 

• Upvote 6

Dayum! I probably shouldn't admit this but when I was married my husband & I used to love watching "Chrisley knows best" We thought they were so dysfunctional but fun to watch. I haven't seen their show or followed them in probably 4 years but wow! This is crazy! Wtf are people thinking? 

• Upvote 3

I always wondered where the money was coming from. The department store failed, they didn't work, spent a crazy amount.

• Upvote 6

On 8/14/2019 at 1:49 PM, Curious said:

This stars of Chrisley Knows Best have been indicted for tax fraud and some other crimes.  Best known for the reality show "Chrisley Knows Best" the lovely Christian patriarch of the family has said that he belives gays are born that way, but it's still a sin.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/14/entertainment/todd-julie-chrisley-key-accusations/index.html

I thought the show was a joke. He always pinged my gaydar but I figured it was off. It makes me speculate he is a denier. 

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

Disgusting. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 2

I saw the article about his possible extortion attempt towards his daughter, I really need to look this bunch up.  No, the IRS does not play and they may be about to find that out!  It sounds like they/he are/is shady with a capital shade.

• Upvote 2

On 8/14/2019 at 9:10 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

My favorite part of the indictment is where the feds talk about how they cut out numbers and glued them onto bank statements and other official documents to change the dollar amounts. That’s some low-level, old-school fraud they got going on. 

But yes. The IRS was who finally got Capone. Don’t mess with them. 

One of the more successful Drag Race contestants (I can't recall who) said that RuPaul told him that the first rule of new fame/money is "pay your taxes." 

• Upvote 9

11 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

One of the more successful Drag Race contestants (I can't recall who) said that RuPaul told him that the first rule of new fame/money is "pay your taxes." 

As my father once told me, "don't break the law when you're breaking the law."

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2