• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 108: Selling the Grifted House

quiversR4hunting
47 minutes ago, Spanger said:

Doxxing might have been a strong word choice on my part.  It's entirely true that they put their own address out there first and that's how these groups know it (rather than if someone had found & shared info that the Rods hadn't made public for themselves.)  However, continuing to pass the info around and encouraging others to contact local authorities is definitely about 3 or 4 steps past the border between "all in good fun and/or genuine concern" and "Creepy McCreeper Person" for my taste.  Your mileage may vary, and to each their own, but I'd be upset if someone did that to me, and I'm glad it's not encouraged on FJ.

Thanks for replying.

The passing it around and encouraging others to call authorities is stalker behavior, in my opinion, and I agree that should not be tolerated and I am also glad it is not encouraged on FJ. 

pook
3 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

The thread called the "Worried Children Sharing Circle" got moved to a club.

It's a closed club, and you aren't on the members list yet. So, you'll need to ask to join. I think you can ask to join from the page I linked, or you can PM @Curious, since she's the club leader.

So sorry to derail but can someone please accept my request to join? I really need this group right now.  Sorry!

Black Aliss
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

... Please pardon this not-intended-to-be-rude post, but:  

Do we have a thread for FJers who are caregivers for loved ones? I thought I'd seen discussion of such in the past but, of course, cannot find any mention now. 

If a kind soul would please tag and point me in the proper direction, I'd be much obliged. 

Carry on! ...

Tag me, too, please!

ETA: never mind. I found the link

Edited by Black Aliss

PianoGal
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Spanger said:

OK, if the Rod's home is on a 4+ acre lot, that changes everything about my house-price guesses.  $180K might actually be UNDERPRICED when accounting for that size of lot, especially a flat lot which is apparently not very common in that neck of the woods.  It might also be a fair or over-priced price for the home/lot, but I was under the impression the lot was quite a bit smaller than it actually is when I was declaring it overpriced.  Clearly, it would be a good idea for the Rods to enlist the help of a real estate professional who is well-versed in the Sissonville/Charleston area.

You know what else though, if they are sitting on a 4+ acre lot, Jill's garden suddenly looks incredibly half-assed to me.  It's not a bad size for a smaller city lot, especially if you've got kids and  you want to make sure they've got space to run around in the yard too... but 4+ acres and they've got what, 200 sq ft or so of planting space utilized, and all those kids to feed?  I'd be putting half the land into the garden, for real.

And ALSO- if they've got 4+ acres, then where the f are all the outdoor kids toys.

In Jill's second posting of the house,  she added some extra pictures. In one, you can see two old swingsets in the yard. One has hardly any swings on it, though.

I also noticed that the trees and hills come up quite close to the house. Maybe a lot of the acreage is hillside. 

I spent a lot of time in WV as a girl, and many properties tended to be very narrow and irregular, as folks just built in between the mountains. 

Edited by PianoGal

grandmadugger
12 hours ago, catlady said:

the suburb name is derived from a word in the regional Native American language, is kind of long, and is the only place in the world with that name.  most people with no ties to this area find it difficult to spell and pronounce (even though it's mostly phonetic), mainly because it's a sequence of sounds uncommon in other languages and dialects.  linguistics are interesting.

My Native American city name is not phonetically pronounced. The mailing address covers two counties and another small village. Yet people expect you to know people with that address. Umm that’s 15 miles from me I don’t know those people. 

Meh
Dandruff
On 8/12/2019 at 10:23 PM, littlemommy said:

Jill is still planning on having her big homeschool picnic in WV on August 23 and has been advertising it on FB. She mentioned that Nathan--the Nathan Keller, brother of Anna Duggar, the THE himself!--will be at the picnic and Nurie is very excited.

Maybe we'll get a Rod engagement around that time!

What, exactly, would they be celebrating at that picnic?

I can picture Anna Duggar's brother popping out of hydrangeas with a ring.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 34

mane's mommy

The county property records say their land is only .43 acre so less than half an acre. Pretty sure the Zillow listing that said 4 is inaccurate.  I also checked out GIS and it looks like a tiny square parcel. They don’t own adjacent land either.  

quiversR4hunting

I really hope they aren't grifting another home. I went out and looked at houses that would fit the Rod family. I think this would be an ok fit - warning the realtor didn't use focus. 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1724-Sugar-Creek-Dr-Charleston-WV-25387/196905155_zpid/

It's just over what they are selling their current house but they have close neighbors, maybe friends for the kids? It even has a salon already set up for Jilly to do the families hair. And if the current owners could keep all those books for the Rod kids, that would be great. And the little apartment, would NOT be for the soon to be newly weds, it would be for Kaylee & Renee or Phillip & Samuel. (or convert it to have access to the main house and use it for more bedrooms)

freealljs

I hope that they don't get another grifted house.  Maybe the house that @quiversR4hunting linked, is what Jill has in mind. Or maybe they're on the run. Who knows, but I hope that their friends and family see them for what they are.

But I also would like to know why Jill and David didn't give up their bedroom for the kids.  I have only one AllJs.  But when I was getting back on my feet, all I could afford at one point was a one bedroom apartment.  I let my one AllJs have the room, and I slept on a sleeper sofa.  I just find that Jill and David are selfish for not giving up their bedroom. They could have taken one of the smaller bedrooms or even taken the basement makeshift room that the boys used.  They could have made the basement a big master bedroom. 

Still, if they are serious about selling the house, they should show stats for the house, like when it was built, square footage, when the roof was replaced, all repairs and additions, taxes, etc etc.  

Meh
Dandruff
2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

It's just over what they are selling their current house but they have close neighbors, maybe friends for the kids?

Surely you jest.  Other kids might give them ideas.  Also, they're really busy with chores, music (if that's the word) practice, homeschool, more chores, and tending to mama.

I suppose Jill might engage the neighbors to check for heathen tendencies and potential Plexus marks.

Wine time!
Spanger

I wonder if they even know things like, "when was the roof replaced."  They haven't been there all that long, and imma bet if THEY had replaced the roof while they were there, we would have seen a full-on photoshoot and blog post of the process.

We know they have 'updated' the patio (by adding patio furniture, can't remember, did they do anything else to it other than dressing it up?  And they added the garden that was not already there.  I have a strong suspicion that they probably haven't done any work to the house other than possibly some very minor cosmetic things- no major upgrades or new appliances or we would have already seen it.  Somehow this feels like a metaphor for Jill herself- "I'll just make it look a little fancier, but I'm not interested in actually doing any serious work that might add value."

Sidenote A - thanks for updating on the lot size again.  I swear I had heard the .43 acres number before (disturbingly, this is the EXACT same size as my lot, LOL, I was wondering if I was just imagining it- how can I have the same birthday AND lot size as Jill??)   And then 4 acres was thrown out there, so I glommed on.  Whichever one is right makes a HUGE difference in the value of the home.

Sidenote B - I've seen the courting bench mentioned, and people are talking about a wooden bench with a little wrought-iron detail on the back.  I thought the courting bench Jill had mentioned before was like, a white plastic number with 2 seats facing the opposite direction and the back being an "s curve" shape.  Theoretically, an ungodly, non-courting Rod couple would sit with one person on each side and lean over the s curve to share a kiss (but obvs, the Rods would not be doing this.)  Does anyone else remember this, or is this another memory I'm pulling out of my behind?

Ms. Squishels

@Spanger The original courting bench was the white plastic bench.  I remember thinking how tacky and ugly it was, when they could have gotten a pretty wooden bench.

ofMatthew
5 hours ago, mane's mommy said:

The county property records say their land is only .43 acre so less than half an acre. Pretty sure the Zillow listing that said 4 is inaccurate.  I also checked out GIS and it looks like a tiny square parcel. They don’t own adjacent land either.  

That is entirely possible as Zillow often has incorrect data, I just posted what it shows... unless I used the wrong address. Hmm.

4 minutes ago, ofMatthew said:

That is entirely possible as Zillow often has incorrect data, I just posted what it shows... unless I used the wrong address. Hmm.

I just looked at the pictures Jill posted vs the address I have (which I double checked on the county website and they match) but they look totally different from what Zillow shows. My apologies... I guess I should have known that Zillow would be totally incorrect. It's frustrating to not have access to the MLS in WV, I want the real details on that house.

ofMatthew
14 minutes ago, ofMatthew said:

I just looked at the pictures Jill posted vs the address I have (which I double checked on the county website and they match) but they look totally different from what Zillow shows. My apologies... I guess I should have known that Zillow would be totally incorrect. It's frustrating to not have access to the MLS in WV, I want the real details on that house.

Well I just found the link to their house here on FJ so I guess it's OK to post?

You can find the Zillow link I used in the thread.

Ralar
4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I really hope they aren't grifting another home. 

I thought I read somewhere that they are going to do another stint in the RV. Am I imagining that?

quiversR4hunting
1 minute ago, Ralar said:

I thought I read somewhere that they are going to do another stint in the RV. Am I imagining that?

oh god. I hope not, those poor kids! They already live in that stupid thing too much. 

I wonder if they are going to live at Ma & Pa turtleneck when they aren't on the road and then the RV the other times. Remember when Amy was in the hospital, Ma and Pa went to the RV while the Rod's took over their house. 

EmmieJ
2 hours ago, freealljs said:

I hope that they don't get another grifted house.  Maybe the house that @quiversR4hunting linked, is what Jill has in mind. Or maybe they're on the run. Who knows, but I hope that their friends and family see them for what they are.

But I also would like to know why Jill and David didn't give up their bedroom for the kids.  I have only one AllJs.  But when I was getting back on my feet, all I could afford at one point was a one bedroom apartment.  I let my one AllJs have the room, and I slept on a sleeper sofa.  I just find that Jill and David are selfish for not giving up their bedroom. They could have taken one of the smaller bedrooms or even taken the basement makeshift room that the boys used.  They could have made the basement a big master bedroom. 

Still, if they are serious about selling the house, they should show stats for the house, like when it was built, square footage, when the roof was replaced, all repairs and additions, taxes, etc etc.  

When my son was age 1-3, we lived in a 2 BR condo.  At that time, I worked from my home, so one bedroom was my home office.  2nd bedroom was my son's room, and like you, I slept on a sleeper sofa in the living room.  I rented the condo from a friend of mine, who was a single mom with two children (boy and girl).  When the oldest (her daughter) hit about age 13, she wanted her own room instead of sharing with her brother.  So my friend did the same thing - each child got a bedroom, and she slept on the living room sofa.  (They still had to share closet and dresser space with her though!)  But she respected that her daughter was a teen and naturally wanted more privacy, and consoled herself that this would only be for a few years, not forever. 

Jill and David have never put any of the children's needs before their own, and I'm 100% positive they will not start now.  When is the last time Jill has ever posted about she and David staying home with most of the kids, while some of the others (including at least one of the older ones who can drive) went out for a special meal or event? 

Agree with you that if they are serious about selling their home, they need to update the listing to provide a lot more info. 

freealljs
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

???

Oh my name is FreeAllJs. My little girl is AllJs. 

Edited by freealljs
can't type today. :)

quiversR4hunting
Posted (edited)

This is a pipe dream. All these large families, it would be nice if they built a house like this:192799008_houseplan.jpg.348b3dc68a53164935547f4fc1261ec0.jpg

but God forbid the kids have some space for themselves or only share a room with one other sibling! 

Considering this is a simple design (main part of the house has one roof line and then the porte cochere roof coming off the front), it is economical in design. And look! This house is even handicap accessible! 

Edit to add, the bedrooms we wouldn't want them to have alone time to you know ...read or study for school. <gasp>

Edited by quiversR4hunting
added a thought

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
23 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

All these large families, it would be nice if they built a house like this:

That's a great floor plan.  Every bedroom even has its own toilet and sink.  I could go for that in my own house!

EmmieJ
21 minutes ago, Ralar said:

I'm not sure, but this may have been speculation.  It wouldn't be surprising, since they have done this before, probably to leave some debt behind them.  If they really are serious about selling their home, I would guess that they will indeed move back into that RV, at least temporarily. 

I've never understood how the Rods could somehow buy their current home, and I can't imagine they have $15,000 to $20,000 sitting in a bank somewhere to use as a down payment on a different home.  They seem very poor at managing money, and their main source of income are the monthly donations they have managed to grift, plus perhaps some money from Plexus.  So if they are selling their home, they will probably have to move back into the RV at least temporarily, while looking around for another home they can afford with whatever money they get from the sale of this home (assuming they would get any money - maybe the best they can hope for is to walk away with no debt?)

EmmieJ

Does anyone else ever re-read something they've posted and grit their teeth at the repetition of words?  Because I do!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 5

JermajestyDuggar
2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

This is a pipe dream. All these large families, it would be nice if they built a house like this:192799008_houseplan.jpg.348b3dc68a53164935547f4fc1261ec0.jpg

but God forbid the kids have some space for themselves or only share a room with one other sibling! 

Considering this is a simple design (main part of the house has one roof line and then the porte cochere roof coming off the front), it is economical in design. And look! This house is even handicap accessible! 

Edit to add, the bedrooms we wouldn't want them to have alone time to you know ...read or study for school. <gasp>

Too many toilets! I would probably prefer two rooms sharing a bathroom jack and Jill style instead of a toilet in each room. But the lots of small rooms would be great for quiverful fundie families. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10

JermajestyDuggar

Nurie’s BFF Hosanna’s two younger siblings really don’t seem too fundie if you are just going by Micah’s instagram. It’s public but I’m not going to link it here. I’m glad they are allowed to do some non fundie approved things while still underage. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1