• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 108: Selling the Grifted House

Meh
Dandruff
17 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Which kid is on Nurie's lap in the photo that also has Tessie?

I think that's Sofia (#12) and it looks like she's wearing a couple of layers.  In August.  The rain wouldn't have helped matters.

Satisfied
Griftthatkeepsongrifting

43 minutes ago, Ex 2x2 said:

C3E2E47C-2071-4F50-8ADC-8D5BCBCEF5E8.png

That's it, Jill? That's all you got? Jeez for someone that's Duggar adjacent I would have expected a better showing.

As far as what we missed by not attending, I think she overestimates things. It looks like we missed Jack Shit. The saga of the unholy KOA campground or Moody-gate were infinitely more interesting than this. It was the saddest picnic/field day ever held. 

Methinks all the speculation as to them losing followers/leg humpers/suckers is spot on. No one local wants to hang with Jill. 

Better step it up with the retreat, Jill.

thoughtful

image.png.8be6ab3da1b3298df83582a93b6053e8.png

Spoiler

1402823921_scardrag.jpg.6d84c1f33743e0bf17296eba9cb0b518.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 22
  • Love 2

Waffle Time
DarkAnts

Her captain for this post is stupid. We all know you don't do jack shit around the house Jill. Your kids do all the work while you sit in your bedroom. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2

adidas

I wish she would say YES to bettering the health of her children by feeding them properly. What a HUGE blessing for their health and future it would be. In so many more ways than one.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 10

snickerz

Jill's FB friend and Plexus downline Cynthia Lau posted the exact same Plexus post on FB a day before Jill posted it on IG.  Way to be authentic, Jill.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 11
  • Thank You 11

Happy
Starrynight
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, snickerz said:

Jill's FB friend and Plexus downline Cynthia Lau posted the exact same Plexus post on FB a day before Jill posted it on IG.  Way to be authentic, Jill.

Well, Plexus does promise selling their product would be easy- just copy, cut and paste and voila... the money starts rolling in. No thought needed. 😉

But personally, I would be embarrassed to post the same thing as all the other ambassadors- shouldn’t her spiel be better since she has a higher rank than ladies in her down line?

Edited by Starrynight
Commas

KnittingOwl
13 hours ago, Chocolate Lover said:

I was knocked out for that one.  It was probably a good thing because, due to it being a tougher repair than expected, I was in theatre for a smidge over 2 hours.  I'd already seen the damage to it when he did the SL repair. 

Sounds like we have similar history. In the first surgery, i had my hamate bone resurfaced because it was grinding in to the lunate bone and a partial neurectomy of two small nerves on the top of my hand. When that didn’t work, I had a TFCC repair. Still get ulnar sided pain, but not as bad. I’ll live with it because the next option is shortening my ulna and I’m not sure I can live with the results. 

For both surgeries, I had a nerve block at my should and twilight sedation. 

Henri205
8 hours ago, Henri205 said:

Hi  I think it was @thoughtful who mentioned collecting pottery.  Struck a chord with me.  Back in 2005 my late partner/husband and I took a 10 day cruise to Alaska.  It was the last cruise of the season and he discovered a beautiful soup tureen in a little shop in Sitka, I believe.  The shop owners practically gave it away.  It was a Polish pottery piece, handmade, decorated by the artisans using sea sponges of all things. 

THAT discovery got us going.  Over the next 10 or 12 years we found pieces in Newburyport MA (an appropriately-shaped chicken roaster), a set of cheese and butter storage ladies in Germany, and many more things online  The pattern we collected was Blue Horizon.  It's pricey but just beautiful.  We filled our ancient family mahogany bookcase with the pieces.  I'll upload a pic from my phone later, am on PC now.   My partner passed away in 2016 and  then the house burned down a few months later.  But I still treasure the memories of those pieces and how much joy they brought us.

Selling appliances with houses.  Bought and sold in CA, TX, NH, and MA.  Seemed normal to sell with appliances but that may be just cause buyers asked for them.  Sold a house in Texas and the idiot buyer wanted washer/dryer (okay), fridge (okay) and ficus plant (okay, but the house was unoccupied for 4 months and the thing was dead, you idiot). 

Here’s the pic of the pottery. 

A63C5D43-EDE1-4816-B77F-55EF5BE7AEF9.jpeg

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 14

JermajestyDuggar
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Cheetah said:

David looks awful in that photo ... like a heart attack about to happen.

Which kid is on Nurie's lap in the photo that also has Tessie?  Poor thing also doesn't look well... very tiny.  

Sofia is small for her age. Sadie is exceptionally tall, but when you stand her next to Sofia, you realize how tiny Sofia is. Jill started taking Plexus while she was nursing Sofia. It makes me wonder if it affected her.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

Peaches-n-Beans
18 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Y'all are much braver than I am. I was given the choice between local and general anaesthesia and was like "Knock me the fuck out!"

10/10 agree with this. However, not because I'm squeamish. I can actually watch surgery, the issue is I can still feel the tugging and pulling. I've had surgeries under local and general and while general is more involved and hectic, there's a lot to be said for being out of it. When I had the one under local I nearly threw up because I could feel them tugging. It was horrible 🤮

Depressed
formergothardite
9 hours ago, Ex 2x2 said:

We used to have picnics in the fundie group I grew up in all the time (only allowed to socialize with each other) and we just played volleyball and stuff. No preaching. And we were weird! 

That was our weird fundie picnics too! Jill out weirds most fundies. 

I have not heard of a White Elephant Sale. Does that mean you have to purchase items at the picnic? I've always done white elephant gift exchanges where everyone just brought a gift and it got exchanged. 

Peaches-n-Beans

Oh okay, the one thing i want when my grandmother passes is her porcelain Little House on the Prairie dolls, these ones

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d8738d5da94115c5e79e5dc144564ac7.png

Not necessarily because I love Little House on the Prairie, but because I remember loving these as a little girl. When I stayed with her as a little girl I used to make her show me everyone before I went to bed at night. The room I stay in when I visit currently has Grace and Carrie in it. 

Giddy
squiddysquid
24 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

10/10 agree with this. However, not because I'm squeamish. I can actually watch surgery, the issue is I can still feel the tugging and pulling. I've had surgeries under local and general and while general is more involved and hectic, there's a lot to be said for being out of it. When I had the one under local I nearly threw up because I could feel them tugging. It was horrible 🤮

I can watch surgeries as long as it is not my own... Same with large amounts of blood, my own would make me nauseous - in strangers I might just get concerned...

We got pretty used to it at uni over the years - one video where everyone looked away was the wisdom tooth removal - guess that one hit too close to home?

Even if you're assisting in the or yourself - some stuff still looks way too unreal -  especially neurosurgery. It's like I can't believe we're actually doing this to a person!

LookieLoo

Did anyone notice the weird angle of Kaylee’s arm as she points to something in the video Jill posted? It made me cringe a little. Are arms supposed to bend like that? Maybe she’s double jointed. 

JermajestyDuggar
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, LookieLoo said:

Did anyone notice the weird angle of Kaylee’s arm as she points to something in the video Jill posted? It made me cringe a little. Are arms supposed to bend like that? Maybe she’s double jointed. 

Yes, it’s really strange to see. One of my closest friends growing up did that with her arm but Kaylee’s is much more pronounced. That’s the worst I’ve ever seen of elbow hyper mobility. My friend growing up was always very thin like the rod kids too. But she wasn’t starved or malnourished or anything like that. She’s still thin today after 2 kids. It’s just her natural build. My nephew is extremely tall and thin and he has hyper mobility of his fingers and thumb. He can bend his thumb all the way back to touch the back of his hand. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

thoughtful
1 hour ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Oh okay, the one thing i want when my grandmother passes is her porcelain Little House on the Prairie dolls, [snipped picture ]Not necessarily because I love Little House on the Prairie, but because I remember loving these as a little girl. When I stayed with her as a little girl I used to make her show me everyone before I went to bed at night. The room I stay in when I visit currently has Grace and Carrie in it. 

I have several things that belonged to my paternal grandmother, one of which is my taste - a rocking chair pincushion, similar to this:

image.png.eb02d79a9f1b57a13f83d6a88f392480.png

One of the other things I was given when she died (I was 13) was a figurine of a grey kitten, because I'd always asked for permission to hold and play with it when I was little. It's not the sort of thing I'd buy for myself now, but I treasure and display it due to the sentiment.

There's not much from my maternal grandmother -- she had downsized drastically, then was in a nursing facility for several years, and my Mom has whatever there is.

Closed Womb
11 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

.... did someone just forget hot dog buns, or are they so sheltered they think people just use bread?

This (usually) indicates two things (in the US; I know sausage on bread is a thing elsewhere): forgetfulness or poverty.  I’m assuming it’s the second, as they had to shop for and bring items; not like, “crap, forgot the buns, we’ll just use bread.”   

My great grandmother preferred her hot dogs on white bread.  She’d boil the dogs, which then made the bread super soggy. It’s *not* a good food memory (but I remember her very fondly, overall; widowed during war, never remarried, raised 3 kids.  She was badass!)  But, overall, it’s more common to buy hotdog buns when hotdogs are the only main served at a picnic.  Here (Florida) they are $1.19/pack of 8, for store brand of our nicer grocery chain (the NICE supermarket.)  Probably cheaper at Walmart or Aldi.

Anyway, like most, their finances baffle me.  I can’t quite figure out if they’re making bank with their scammy grift/Plexus life, or if their just scraping by.  Is this a too-poor-for-bread ploy to get donation$ from picnic attendees?  If so, it certainly doesn’t speak well for her Plexus income.  

Walking Cat Bed
14 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

My first question for that house would be about the roof. That can be a major expense.  

I feel like I remember mention of their septic system being overwhelmed and having some issues as well.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 2

marypat57
17 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@thoughtful and others, those of us who collect things have archival personalities.  I collect Christmas films.  (Yes, this atheist collects Christmas movies, but the shown on TCM variety.)  It hit me a few days ago that I need to add A Tree Grows in Brooklyn to my collection.  A Christmas movie does not have to be set entirely at Christmas, but have some scenes set at Christmas.  ATGiB has some significant scenes set at Christmas. 

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn is one of my all time favorite books and movies.  I've been through 3 paperback versions of the book. I finally ordered the ebook version.  I became interested in the ATGIB shen I saw the movie on tv one year at Christmas time.

The dvd was very hard to obtain.  It was only available as part of  a total Elia Kazan (director ) package with about 8 of his other movies.  The total package sold for over $200 dollars--not in my budget.  I kept checking online to se if the movie had been released as a single dvd.  I eventually found the entitre set, never opened for under $30 on Amazon.

I ended up working in a part of Brooklyn very close to where the movie takes place.  One day on my way home from work, I came upon a lovely old house across the street from the public library.  When I stopped to look at the historical place marker sign in front of the house, I noticed that the author of ATGIB, Betty Smith, lived there when she wrote the book.

Waffle Time
DarkAnts
13 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

.... did someone just forget hot dog buns, or are they so sheltered they think people just use bread?

Didn't they tell people attending to bring food? Perhaps they thought someone else would bring buns and had bread as a backup. 

wallysmommy

I saw a Taboo game on the table.  I want these cards.  The top is the word, and the next five are the words or phrases you can't use as a clue because it would be no challenge to guess the word:

GRIFTING

Lifestyle

Jill

Vehicle 

Go Fund To Me

Donation

PANTS

Sluttish

Defrauding

Immodest

Manly

Lust

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 23
  • Love 3

DillyDally

For all the great things "we" supposedly missed by not attending the picnic, Jill's post sounds passive aggressive af.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

Sad
Whooping_Butt
13 hours ago, sparkles said:

for all her yammering about how perfect he is, maybe this is her passive aggressive way of belittling him. 

Yep. Jill knows her praise of David isn’t reality but she can’t criticize him and still be the perfect fundie wife and mother. This is her way of getting around that. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Black Aliss

Apparently David is that one-in-a-million person for whom Plexus doesn't work? I see this phenomenon quite often in posts by people selling magic weight-loss beans--spouse or other family member who is unhealthy AF. One would think having a family connection in the biz would even bring the cost down, so it can't be that they aren't using the magic beans.