• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 108: Selling the Grifted House

thoughtful
Posted (edited)

I've never seen them post about baseball, just football, but I guess the Pittsburgh Pirates would be a likely team for them to root for, going by geography:

6i__CTlIH0LL4hZ4oso5WPEGXvNaZloDIC7LW0FU

Edited by thoughtful
riffle

JermajestyDuggar
10 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I've never seen them post about baseball, just football, but I guess the Pittsburgh Pirates would be a likely team for them to root for, going by geography:

6i__CTlIH0LL4hZ4oso5WPEGXvNaZloDIC7LW0FU

I was going to say the same thing. WV doesn’t have a pro baseball team and Pittsburgh isn’t that far from WV. 

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
44 minutes ago, refugee said:

My impression was that it was music-related and said SATB.

I had to look that up.  Soptano-Alto-Tenor-Bass, for anyone else who who isn't familiar.

Naga Viper
8 minutes ago, Okie_Bokie said:

I had to look that up.  Soptano-Alto-Tenor-Bass, for anyone else who who isn't familiar.

Ohhhhh. That makes more sense than my initial guess. (Yes, I chose this song very deliberately.)

Sad
Whooping_Butt
1 hour ago, OhNoNike said:

She left off photos of her school room!!

ohhh, wait...

It would just be a pic of twelve lap desks and a pile of workbooks. 😢

Walking Cat Bed

I'm not convinced that Jilly Dearest is actually trying to sell the house. I suspect they're trying a new grifting method. Which is dishonest, Jilly, and Jesus doesn't like lying.

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

Depressed
ChickenettiLuvr

... Please pardon this not-intended-to-be-rude post, but:  

Do we have a thread for FJers who are caregivers for loved ones? I thought I'd seen discussion of such in the past but, of course, cannot find any mention now. 

If a kind soul would please tag and point me in the proper direction, I'd be much obliged. 

Carry on! ...

MarblesMom
10 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

carpet in the bathroom

Can I just say that these words never belong together, ever.....? 

I'd rather have a PB sandwich, on my duvet, after my shower/bath, with my shoes on/off than EVER think about carpet in a bathroom. 

And I love you all  :)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 25
  • Love 5

bird
6 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Theres quite an age gap so that we’ve had a lot of toys spanning age groups.  As they get older the stuff is getting less.  

It's the same here. There are 10 years between my oldest and youngest. But now that the youngest is 5 I have been able to clear our the baby and toddler stuff. My biggest problem is books. But I am forcing myself to let the baby books and board books go. Except Bear on a Bike. That book will never be given away. 

Spent
LittleOwl

I have a carpeted bathroom currently, which we can't change as the property is rented.  I've pretty much covered the floor with bath mats that get cleaned and replaced regularly.  

Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

If Jill wants to sell the house she will need to present the house a lot better, most of the knick knacks need to go into storage, less is more, she needs to give the place a coat of paint and replace the carpet in the bathroom with vinyl or plastic tiles that are nicer and easy to clean. People even if they plan to decorate want to buy a house that is presentable when they move in or they will want it at a lower price. 

Guys, if you have not looked at Sissonville on realtor.com, then do it. I am not finding much that is better than Jill's house. The furniture is often like Jill's and there is a lot of bare knickknack space where obviously stood various dust catchers in the semi-staged photos. I think we are not judging Jill by Sissonville standards.  Her house actually has more room and more bathrooms and small touches than some of the other similar places. I don't think she is that far off.

$164,000 listing:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1381-Kellys-Creek-Rd_Charleston_WV_25312_M30943-53304?view=qv

$150,000 listing:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1822-Maple-Dr_Charleston_WV_25320_M33613-92459?view=qv

THIS IS AN AGENT'S LISTING FFS!

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7745-Sissonville-Dr_Charleston_WV_25320_M40504-55510?ex=WV2466395042&view=qv

OMG THIS TOO!

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/14821-Derricks-Creek-Rd_Sissonville_WV_25320_M40264-18977?view=qv

Does anyone remember what area in NY birthed The Jill?

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 14

Dizzy
nelliebelle1197

Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex
17 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Does anyone remember what area in NY birthed The Jill?

She’s from the Rochester area (upstate/western).  It’s a small city with rural area around it.  We grew up not too far from there and my brother went to school there.

Waffle Time
catlady
22 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

If I had the funds, skills, and time, I’d grab that second one.

Firebird

I'm from the Rochester, NY area too. We have an undercurrent of fundamentalism in this area, especially in the homeschool groups.

gustava
12 hours ago, Antimony said:

failing your PPL knowledge test twice

Did he not take a ground school class?  When I took my test, ground school practically had the test questions!

Wine time!
Spanger

Just curiosity- do we know the approx sq ft of Jill’s home?  I want to see what her list price of $180K comes out to per sq ft.  I’d still say it’s over priced compared to the listings @nelliebelle1197 just posted.  In my head, I’ve got her lot pegged just under half an acre, but would like a correction if I’m wrong on that.

First one is approx same size as Jill’s with nicer looking bathrooms AND new HVAC, A/C and appliances in the last 4 years, lot is .78 so also bigger than Jill’s.  Price comes out to $103/sq ft.  Pending now, but on the market for 250 days, so imma guess it’s probably selling under what they are asking.  I’d pick that one over Jill’s.

Second one is all brick, 1 acre lot with fenced yard (both of those put it a win over Jills in my book already.). Really cute curb appeal, actually.  Kitchen looks a little more dated but the bright colors and lack of tchotchkes make it feel less... doomed.  Bathrooms are not brand new either, but at least are all fresh looking with white tiles/fixtures.  The floors are nicer, and there’s plenty of windows, and the light paints & lack of clutter are going a long way to win me over- it just feels way cleaner/ready to move into.  (Can you imagine buying Jill’s house and then having to negotiate closing and wait while they actually pack their shit and get ready to go?)  Finally- this one boasts new roof and HVAC/furnace, ok, I’d definitely pick this one.  Final price is $136/sq ft, kinda steep compared to the others, but I also think it’s way more sellable.

Both of the last two, the ‘agent’ listings (wow, those are some shitty photos, does no one in Sissonville own a non-cell-phone camera?  Are there NO professional photographers?)  Anyway, both of those are significantly cheaper than Jill’s.  The Sissonville Drive one looks rough enough I can’t really bring myself to compare. (seriously, did this realtor use the same flip phone they’ve had since 2007 to take these photos, wtf.  And was it on low battery so they only had one shot per room before it died?  And were their eyes CLOSED?  Dude, AT LEAST CLEAR THE KITCHEN COUNTERS OF DEBRIS if you are going to show them in one of your only 9 listing photos!!). Gah!

Very last one- double wide.  Lots of tchotchkes.  I spy a photo of a large family in the living room.  This house feels the most Jill-esque to me.  She would not approve of the tiki bar basement.  (Neither do I, pack that shit down, dude, no one’s gonna wanna buy that Trading Spaces circa 2001 dust trap.). Siding/roof look decent shape, deck looks new, and there’s a nice wheel chair ramp.  I’d say it’s over priced for what it is, although you’d still be getting into it a lot cheaper than you would be getting into Jill’s house.  It comes out to $135/sq ft, I would DEFINITELY take house 2 over this one if I was shopping Sissonville real estate.

Using the price per square foot, based on these listings and Jill’s lot size, I’d think somewhere around $100-115 per sq ft would be fairish for Jill’s house.

ofMatthew
14 minutes ago, Spanger said:

Just curiosity- do we know the approx sq ft of Jill’s home?  I want to see what her list price of $180K comes out to per sq ft.  I’d still say it’s over priced compared to the listings @nelliebelle1197 just posted.  In my head, I’ve got her lot pegged just under half an acre, but would like a correction if I’m wrong on that.

First one is approx same size as Jill’s with nicer looking bathrooms AND new HVAC, A/C and appliances in the last 4 years, lot is .78 so also bigger than Jill’s.  Price comes out to $103/sq ft.  Pending now, but on the market for 250 days, so imma guess it’s probably selling under what they are asking.  I’d pick that one over Jill’s.

Second one is all brick, 1 acre lot with fenced yard (both of those put it a win over Jills in my book already.). Really cute curb appeal, actually.  Kitchen looks a little more dated but the bright colors and lack of tchotchkes make it feel less... doomed.  Bathrooms are not brand new either, but at least are all fresh looking with white tiles/fixtures.  The floors are nicer, and there’s plenty of windows, and the light paints & lack of clutter are going a long way to win me over- it just feels way cleaner/ready to move into.  (Can you imagine buying Jill’s house and then having to negotiate closing and wait while they actually pack their shit and get ready to go?)  Finally- this one boasts new roof and HVAC/furnace, ok, I’d definitely pick this one.  Final price is $136/sq ft, kinda steep compared to the others, but I also think it’s way more sellable.

Both of the last two, the ‘agent’ listings (wow, those are some shitty photos, does no one in Sissonville own a non-cell-phone camera?  Are there NO professional photographers?)  Anyway, both of those are significantly cheaper than Jill’s.  The Sissonville Drive one looks rough enough I can’t really bring myself to compare. (seriously, did this realtor use the same flip phone they’ve had since 2007 to take these photos, wtf.  And was it on low battery so they only had one shot per room before it died?  And were their eyes CLOSED?  Dude, AT LEAST CLEAR THE KITCHEN COUNTERS OF DEBRIS if you are going to show them in one of your only 9 listing photos!!). Gah!

Very last one- double wide.  Lots of tchotchkes.  I spy a photo of a large family in the living room.  This house feels the most Jill-esque to me.  She would not approve of the tiki bar basement.  (Neither do I, pack that shit down, dude, no one’s gonna wanna buy that Trading Spaces circa 2001 dust trap.). Siding/roof look decent shape, deck looks new, and there’s a nice wheel chair ramp.  I’d say it’s over priced for what it is, although you’d still be getting into it a lot cheaper than you would be getting into Jill’s house.  It comes out to $135/sq ft, I would DEFINITELY take house 2 over this one if I was shopping Sissonville real estate.

Using the price per square foot, based on these listings and Jill’s lot size, I’d think somewhere around $100-115 per sq ft would be fairish for Jill’s house.

According to Zillow, JRod's house is 4.18 acres, I'd post the link but it has her address... Also according to Zillow JRod's house is valued at $175K. I work for the MLS in my area and Zillow, Redfin, etc. are all fed data from the MLS but they only get certain data from us depending on what plan the Broker pays for. Sooo.. that being said Zillow's price estimates are almost always way off because they don't get the same data for every listing.

quiversR4hunting
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Spanger said:

She would not approve of the tiki bar basement.

The tiki bar is in the detached garage. You can see the garage door open in one of the pictures.  The house doesn't have a basement, you can see the crawlspace hatch on the front of the house, left side. 

I like it, bonfires and parties with friends and families all contained in the garage and yard and not in my house, I would be totally on board with that (especially if that space has a 1/2 bath so again, nobody in the house!). I do understand how it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. For the JRods, they would use that space for school...bahahah...they would use it for print ministry. 

198553922_tikibar.jpg.9fa49503f705483de6809d47c48f6afe.jpg

As for the clutter in some houses (dishes, etc) sadly a realtor doesn't have control over that, if the client isn't willing to clean up nothing they can do but as said before they don't have to use those pictures! The realtor should always have clear (non-blurry) pictures! Focus people, it is your friend! 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
added more about clutter pics

Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
43 minutes ago, catlady said:

If I had the funds, skills, and time, I’d grab that second one.

Is it not awesome? You can see what it was.

Rowan
1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

WTF did the sellers do to piss off the agent so badly that s/he was willing to use THOSE photos for a house listing? Dark, out of focus, tons of just stuff everywhere (really? we don't need to know what kind of laundry detergent the sellers use!)...these are ridiculous.

Although with the agent's name on the listing, that has got to backfire. I've seen a lot of bad real estate photos and these are definitely among the worst (excluding the "what in the world?" ones of crazy layouts and insane decor ones of course).

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

OhNoNike
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Rowan said:

WTF did the sellers do to piss off the agent so badly that s/he was willing to use THOSE photos for a house listing? Dark, out of focus, tons of just stuff everywhere (really? we don't need to know what kind of laundry detergent the sellers use!)...these are ridiculous.

Although with the agent's name on the listing, that has got to backfire. I've seen a lot of bad real estate photos and these are definitely among the worst (excluding the "what in the world?" ones of crazy layouts and insane decor ones of course).

These two are some of the best of the set. 

Among my “favorite” bad realtor photos are ones where the photos focus on some Knick knack or piece of furniture that most likely doesn’t convey. 

Spoiler

E6417DDD-8C09-490E-9AA7-1B7460BCB372.thumb.png.e5381c29eed5071e00c1ba5513d4b7a3.png079A0444-FD4F-4AC9-BCA5-064CFDF7F697.thumb.png.cb5b85dad76ed572e17617ce552db296.png

Edited by OhNoNike
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

littleblueheathen

Is that a tiki bar in the bottom house? Or is that the kitchen with the thatched thingy? My skin crawls to think of the spiders that could take up residences there. How would you clean that thing?

2 minutes ago, littleblueheathen said:

Is that a tiki bar in the bottom house? Or is that the kitchen with the thatched thingy? My skin crawls to think of the spiders that could take up residences there. How would you clean that thing?

Ok, never mind. I read back far enough. Don't mind me, I just woke up.