• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 108: Selling the Grifted House

SweetLaurel
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Those kids must be in a constant state of cognitive dissonance,  not to mention fear. I hope some manage to find a way to read more secretly and get their questions answered by someone other than their parents 

How?   My kids could - if I was brainwashing them into the True Way - because they went to school and got on line.  I could as a kid because we had total access to amazing libraries.   All of us had people to talk to , discuss with.  The Rod kids have...Precious Mama.  The End.   I hope some of them find a way too, but TIJWATA and her clutch is hard and stern.  

Edited by SweetLaurel
spelling

JermajestyDuggar
22 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

How?   My kids could - if I was brainwashing them into the True Way - because they went to school and got on line.  I could as a kid because we had total access to amazing libraries.   All of us had people to talk to , discuss with.  The Rod kids have...Preciaous Mama.  The End.   I hope some of them find a way too, but TIJWATA and her clutch is hard and stern.  

I agree that they are some of the most isolated kids on FJ. The Rods and the Andersons are probably the most isolated by their parents. Especially the girls.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Satisfied
ALM7
2 hours ago, Closed Womb said:

Where is this rock and roll grocery store?  Sign me up!  Mine are all easy listening, although I have noticed country music in the grocery stores in Colorado.   Not my genre (all Country music was banned at my wedding reception), but closer to rock and roll than an instrument arrangement of “Ebony and Ivory”.  

:my bold above:

@Closed Womb.  One of our markets plays 60's/70's music.  If my partner is with me, and a disco-styled song comes on, I take off to the next aisle, really fast.  She will bust out her moves, and the funny thing is, some times she is joined by other patrons! 

Needless to say, I'm the shy, serious half of the duo.  I can't even say breast of chicken at a restaurant, without semi-blushing :pb_redface:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 38
  • Love 5

Closed Womb
2 minutes ago, ALM7 said:

:my bold above:

@Closed Womb.  One of our markets plays 60's/70's music.  If my partner is with me, and a disco-styled song comes on, I take off to the next aisle, really fast.  She will bust out her moves, and the funny thing is, some times she is joined by other patrons! 

Needless to say, I'm the shy, serious half of the duo.  I can't even say breast of chicken at a restaurant, without semi-blushing :pb_redface:

I’d definitely be on team dancing in the aisles!  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 8

KnitGirl

The museum they visited was the WV State Museum in the Cultural Center at the state capitol complex. It  is dry nice and was.redone several years ago to make it more interactive, especially for children. We have been there many times. (We are WV history nerds.)

It does start out with the “fairy tale” of the dinosaurs, with made up things like fossils and coal, at least according to Jill. I’m surprised she didn’t mention one of my all time favorite displays of Alexander and Emmaline, the dressed fleas from a flea circus. Yes, they are in little clothes. If the Knit Kids had been twins, I would have named them after the fleas.

KnittingOwl
5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I guess faceless angels are better than weeping angels. And yes, I am a Dr. Who nerd.

Never would have guessed that from your name. 😘

As a joke, I found a plastic weeping angel and put it outside my little brother’s window. He did not find it nearly as funny as everyone else did when he opened the curtains the next morning and screamed. 

• WTF 1
  • Haha 37
  • Love 3

Ex 2x2
Posted (edited)

My teenage daughter and I are big Chucky fans so that’s probably where the idea of the angels coming to life came from. I mean, I think a couple meaningful ones are nice, but Jill has an army of them up there ready to fight. 😂 

Oh my gosh. I just realized her closet of teddy bears is probably coming to life for this war too!! 😳😳 

I just sent this to my daughter. We’re weirdos. 🤣🤣

4348886B-F504-4F62-8F0C-59F03839C35A.jpeg

Edited by Ex 2x2
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 18
  • Love 3

JermajestyDuggar
54 minutes ago, Ex 2x2 said:

My teenage daughter and I are big Chucky fans so that’s probably where the idea of the angels coming to life came from. I mean, I think a couple meaningful ones are nice, but Jill has an army of them up there ready to fight. 😂 

Oh my gosh. I just realized her closet of teddy bears is probably coming to life for this war too!! 😳😳 

I just sent this to my daughter. We’re weirdos. 🤣🤣

4348886B-F504-4F62-8F0C-59F03839C35A.jpeg

I watched that movie when I was a kid with my friend. He had a My Buddy doll at the time and threw it in the basement. Never to be played with again 🤣

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

Ozlsn
4 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

How?   My kids could - if I was brainwashing them into the True Way - because they went to school and got on line.  I could as a kid because we had total access to amazing libraries.   All of us had people to talk to , discuss with.  The Rod kids have...Precious Mama.  The End.   I hope some of them find a way too, but TIJWATA and her clutch is hard and stern.  

I guess I'm hoping via church mostly - the girls maybe through childminding, the boys through... I have no idea actually. Given Tim and Nurie's apparent literacy levels I guess I'm hoping there's a couple of junior science books lying around somewhere that can spark off thoughts. Even things like Mrs X, who is going to hell because she wears pants, was so lovely to me - maybe I could ask if she knows what this word means? I just really hope that there is something.

Bad Wolf

We can hope, but Tim stuck fast to his upbringing when he was exposed to new things and people at Moody.

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 7

Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
On 8/16/2019 at 2:49 PM, Alisamer said:

I'm interested in what happens if they do sell the house. Will they try to get a bigger house with a space for precious Nurie and her family? Are they expecting Nathan to come up with a debt-free home big enough to hold all of them as well as him and Nurie? Will they move closer to Timbo? Will they park themselves in the Keller's driveway indefinitely? Will they just keep traveling and grifting on and on?

Have they worn out their welcome where they are, and are hoping to move to greener wallets pastures?

Will they try to kick another of Jill's family members (or one of David's) out of their own house again? Do they need the money to pay for Nurie's wedding? 

Jill and her family amazes me. There seems to always, always be something odd going on there, and she's so off the wall they're hard to predict.

Just as an aside, the Rods don’t follow the debt free doctrine. I am sure Jill could care less if there is a mortgage as long as Nurie has a Dollar Tree and Plexus budget.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Thorns

Seeing those home listings is awesome and a little strange. The style is so different in a lot of ways from what I'm used to.

We are house hunting, and here in my neck of the woods/world home listings are mostly _incredibly_ carefully curated. Most are styled, some severely so, and esp apartments in the big cities tend to look somewhat alike because of it. Generally people use a realtor, and they have stylists and professional photographers on staff. Spotlessly clean, some carefully selected nicknacks, some art, and a lot of the time people are advised to paint and maybe borrow/rent some different furniture to make it more ad-worthy. House listings like the Rods house are rare, and would mostly be marked with "renovation project". 

Here is a couple of random examples

https://www.finn.no/realestate/homes/ad.html?finnkode=155291028

https://www.finn.no/realestate/homes/ad.html?finnkode=155284982

https://www.finn.no/realestate/homes/ad.html?finnkode=155279116

(And the search for entire Norway https://www.finn.no/realestate/homes/search.html?filters=)

(Divide by 10 to get approx price in dollars.)

(I'm so going to spend to many hours on realtor.com and zillow now).

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

JermajestyDuggar
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Seeing those home listings is awesome and a little strange. The style is so different in a lot of ways from what I'm used to.

We are house hunting, and here in my neck of the woods/world home listings are mostly _incredibly_ carefully curated. Most are styled, some severely so, and esp apartments in the big cities tend to look somewhat alike because of it. Generally people use a realtor, and they have stylists and professional photographers on staff. Spotlessly clean, some carefully selected nicknacks, some art, and a lot of the time people are advised to paint and maybe borrow/rent some different furniture to make it more ad-worthy. House listings like the Rods house are rare, and would mostly be marked with "renovation project". 

Here is a couple of random examples

https://www.finn.no/realestate/homes/ad.html?finnkode=155291028

https://www.finn.no/realestate/homes/ad.html?finnkode=155284982

https://www.finn.no/realestate/homes/ad.html?finnkode=155279116

(And the search for entire Norway https://www.finn.no/realestate/homes/search.html?filters=)

(Divide by 10 to get approx price in dollars.)

(I'm so going to spend to many hours on realtor.com and zillow now).

Realtor listing pictures are so different all over the US. In some places you’ll find perfectly staged homes and pictures with drone tours of the property. All the way down to blurry dark pictures of homes practically falling apart. The variety is endless. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

Flossie
1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

There is no per bedroom requirement for families - people keep saying that but it is not true.

In my neck of the woods, the only time there is a requirement of a certain amount of square footage per child is if one is a foster parent, seeking to adopt through the state, and sometimes it is used to help determine which parent gets physical custody during divorce proceedings.

Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
14 minutes ago, Flossie said:

In my neck of the woods, the only time there is a requirement of a certain amount of square footage per child is if one is a foster parent, seeking to adopt through the state, and sometimes it is used to help determine which parent gets physical custody during divorce proceedings.

That is common in the US. I don’t think WVA is terrible concerned about the Rod standard of living compared to what other kids endure.

Punch2the(Solar)Plexus
3 minutes ago, Flossie said:

My state used to have a minimum amount of space per foster child. Basically, foster children must be in a children's bedroom (unless under age 1, then the crib can be in foster parents' room); boys and girls needed to be in separate rooms after age 5.

This year when I renewed my license I was told those rules have been relaxed, mainly because they are trying to keep siblings together. 

Bio parents have no such rules. Six kids, mom and dad in a studio? Okay.

With the opiate crisis being what it is, I cannot imagine CPS would blink at the Rod house. They wouldn't like the RV, but I still can't imagine they would remove the kids from the home and put them in foster care simply because there aren't enough homes. And certainly no homes that could take all of the minor children (usually capped at 6 foster kids in one family - they want foster kids to get individualized attention, not be warehoused). 

Can I see the RV being pulled over and David and Jill have to wait for Ma and Pa Turtleneck to come by and pick up the surplus passengers? Yes. Likewise, I can see them being ticketed and having to take a driver's education class or car seat safety class. But removal? Nope. That requires a court order, and family court judges see some truly terrible things. Clean, albeit skinny kids in a tacky house? Not happening.

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

thoughtful
Posted (edited)

I agree with @nelliebelle1197 and @Punch2the(Solar)Plexus about CPS - they are unlikely to interfere in the Rods' shitty life. Claiming they are selling the house may be a grifting ploy or just Jill's restless need to do something new.

But, that doesn't mean that fear of CPS, or some other interference, is not part of it - TIJWTA, after all. She sees persecution in the way someone says "hello." She may imagine that Beansie is sending all of her critics to destroy her perfect narcissistic queenhood -- er, Christian family life. Something like this:

Spoiler

1493029383_Jillangrymob.jpg.aac47fb938f29079e0fc7716f6b68999.jpg

I think that's what keeps me following the Jill threads. She is such a mix of "well of course she did - typical Jill" and "WHAT?! She did WHAT?!"

Edited by thoughtful
Why do I never see the riffles until just after I post? Why?

Four is Enough
2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

There is no per bedroom requirement for families - people keep saying that but it is not true.

In my state, in order to foster to adopt, we needed a bedroom per gender. Meaning a child could share a bedroom, but it had to be a same gender child.

Interestingly enough, my inlaws had their son and daughter share a rather small bedroom until they were nearly 20. It was never an issue because they were born to them.

Meh
Dandruff
1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

But, that doesn't mean that fear of CPS, or some other interference, is not part of it - TIJWTA, after all. She sees persecution in the way someone says "hello." She may imagine that Beansie is sending all of her critics to destroy her perfect narcissistic queenhood -- er, Christian family life.

I agree.  She has even gotten some negative feedback from people at precious churches...no doubt influenced by Beansie.  If people keep feeding her skinny, performing children, and giving them gift cards, at least some of them may have concerns about the children's well-being.  They might think they're being exploited for $$s and are giving the Rods more stuff because of those concerns.  While I'm not familiar with the sensibilities of people who converge on hot tents to receive the fear of hell, I'd like to think that some might worry about overdressed little kids performing in the heat, and being transported in that RV, and say something.  Jill would then have another reason to wonder whether CPS might be contacted.

Sad
Whooping_Butt
On 8/17/2019 at 3:55 AM, Ex 2x2 said:

The Satanic Green Bean Can won’t stop attacking and it’s become a Poltergeist type situation 

I love this so much. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

littlemommy

Jill went live today. Shouldn’t Sunday be all about praising the lord or something with her?

*Jill wants you to know that today and tomorrow are the last days to get a discount on shitty Debi Pearl’s shitty book. She gives the code for 25% off. You’ll get free shipping and a free download of some bible song. Whooooop!

*Jill is reading the book and can’t praise it enough. Christians should want to make their brains the best brain possible for the Lord. (But shouldn’t you accept whatever brain God made for you and never ever change it?)

* Debi says learning music will change your brain (okay, I agree with this). If you want to be a good mom and make your kids the best, smartest, “yielding” kids ever, read this book. But if you are already past childhood, worry not, because you can rewire your brain from awful things like addiction through brain exercises. Debi also says how to help with autism, apparently.

*Jill holds up the book and shows us a picture of the brain. RIVETING. The book is not about being smart, it’s about maximizing your potential for God. Jill says that Debi researched this book for “hours” (and probably solely on the internet) and everything she writes is backed up by the bible.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 13
  • Thank You 33

Meh
Dandruff
7 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Jill wants you to know that today and tomorrow are the last days to get a discount on shitty Debi Pearl’s shitty book.

Clever of Debi to get Jill shilling her book.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

HarryPotterFan
7 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

*Jill is reading the book and can’t praise it enough. Christians should want to make their brains the best brain possible for the Lord. (But shouldn’t you accept whatever brain God made for you and never ever change it?)

BRAAAAAAAINS

Spoiler

8920A64E-85BB-4770-8888-C3E4FB72673B.gif.d8137f66c2d83e27da56eb5f0c8c7439.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 24
  • Love 1

wallysmommy
Posted (edited)

@Thorns I have relatives in WV and this house is similar to what I've seen.  '60s style with few updates, and a mish mash of furniture.  My grandmother and eldest aunt lived in an old coal-mining town with small frame houses.  

This is the neighborhood I grew up in.  The houses that are left have been renovated post-Hurricane Katrina.  My parents paid $16,000 for our house, which is now just an empty corner lot.  I can't believe they are now going for $160K.  Note the lovely skyline of the Kaiser Aluminum smoke stack, a Chalmette landmark.  Kaiser is long gone, but these houses were built as a development to encourage employees to move close to the plant.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/17-W-Chalmette-Cir_Chalmette_LA_70043_M74602-07675

Edited by wallysmommy