quiversR4hunting

Rod house pictures

JermajestyDuggar
9 hours ago, Okie_Bokie said:

From the new Zillow house listing:

Woo hoo!  Look at that thriving garden!

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.416de909c08c5f609f90f69580cfdec2.png

It’s been such a hot and dry summer that if you aren’t regularly watering, you’re fucked. 

quiversR4hunting

that garden will feed more people than the Naugler garden and they are "homesteaders" :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s been such a hot and dry summer that if you aren’t regularly watering, you’re fucked. 

Also if you're gone from home most of the summer and counting on the kindness of others to do your gardening work.

Edited by Okie_Bokie
clarified

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie

Can someone more technically capable than I am please move over some of the pictures from the new Zillow listing?  Pretty please and thank you.

Dizzy
nelliebelle1197

They need to really figure out how to stay in this house. It is the best chance they have for stability. I just thought of this but I wonder if they actually were renting to own and the seller can no longer afford to rent to own? And they cannot get a mortgage?

ofMatthew
On 8/22/2019 at 9:14 AM, Okie_Bokie said:

Can someone more technically capable than I am please move over some of the pictures from the new Zillow listing?  Pretty please and thank you.

I have all the Zillow pictures but I'm struggling to figure out how to hide them under the spoiler tag so all 30 of them don't attempt to load at once. Very embarrassing for a SysAdmin 😕

ofMatthew
Posted (edited)

I guess I can't delete this? lol. Struggling with uploading all the Rod house photos and keeping them under spoilers, I'll come back and work on this later... sorry for posting this.

1.png

Spoiler

2.png

3.png

23.png

Edited by Coconut Flan
Added spoiler.

JermajestyDuggar
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

They need to really figure out how to stay in this house. It is the best chance they have for stability. I just thought of this but I wonder if they actually were renting to own and the seller can no longer afford to rent to own? And they cannot get a mortgage?

I agree. I remember when they were traveling so much a few years ago and I was glad they made it home for the holidays. That home is about a million times better than the RV. Plus they are close to family. Which is huge because when Ma and Pa Noyes aren’t around, all the work and childcare is up to the Rod girls. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
Posted (edited)

I think we knew this but they only paid $125,000.  And they are listed on the deed.

The appraised value was $132,000.

WVa does not list mortgage info. 

Edited by nelliebelle1197

ofMatthew
5 hours ago, ofMatthew said:

I guess I can't delete this? lol. Struggling with uploading all the Rod house photos and keeping them under spoilers, I'll come back and work on this later... sorry for posting this.

1.png

Reveal hidden contents

2.png

3.png

23.png

Thank you for fixing this, I would like to post the rest of the pictures but can no longer modify the original post.

5 minutes ago, ofMatthew said:

Thank you for fixing this, I would like to post the rest of the pictures but can no longer modify the original post.

Here are the photos on Flickr, I guess someone else can save and upload them directly to FJ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Wine time!
allthegoodnamesrgone

The house isn't AS bad as I imagined it for Jill, the over decorated kitschy stuff everywhere is of no suprise, but it isn't HOLY SHIT awful either. 

As for paining over wall paper, please be a kind soul and don't. When we moved into our current home some 15 years ago, there was a lot of wall paper on the walls, only we had no idea just HOW much wall paper and paint and wall paper and paint and wall paper and paint were on the walls.  Our bathroom had so many layers of wallpaper and paint that the walls felt cushy. When I went to strip it off, the last layers had so much glue on them, we wound up having to just gut the walls down to the drywall and start over,  we couldn't get all the layers off with out destroying the finish, We had to do this in 1 & 1/2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms and the kitchen. It was a FUCKING NIGHTMARE! We vowed to never by a home with wall paper ever again.  

• Upvote 19
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

Meh
Dandruff
On 8/27/2019 at 7:33 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

They need to really figure out how to stay in this house.

David could get a full-time, paying job?

Just kidding.

sparklymagie
On 8/27/2019 at 2:26 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

I think we knew this but they only paid $125,000.  And they are listed on the deed.

I'm not super experienced with real estate, but they didn't buy that house long ago. If the house only appraised for $132,000 then, what's the likelihood that it will appraised for over $180k now? Unless they have done several significant improvements or the area has become more desirable, I would think getting the house to appraise for over $50k more in just a few years would be difficult. That's going to make it hard to complete a sale.

Closed Womb
8 hours ago, sparklymagie said:

I'm not super experienced with real estate, but they didn't buy that house long ago. If the house only appraised for $132,000 then, what's the likelihood that it will appraised for over $180k now? Unless they have done several significant improvements or the area has become more desirable, I would think getting the house to appraise for over $50k more in just a few years would be difficult. That's going to make it hard to complete a sale.

100% likelihood.  This is Jill freaking Rodrigues.  God loves her best and he will get her an extra $48k.  

And a kitchen aid mixer.  

Waffle Time
Beermeet

For all we know, Jill will sell this house and pop up with a bigger one and free moving.  Or, they'll live in the RV.  No in between with these folks.

sixcatatty
On 8/16/2019 at 11:58 PM, Walking Cat Bed said:

I suspect that and a raspberry beret would bring Prince back to this earth.

Not to mention a Little Red Corvette.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
Beermeet
On 8/20/2019 at 5:05 AM, Spanger said:

I think Jill might be a low-key hoarder, actually.  There are certain things about her lifestyle that help mitigate some of the issues that pop up in the worst instances of hoarding...  for example, her eleventy kids each spending half a day on chores every day help ensure that all her collections aren’t just turning into straight dust traps.  Also, her eleventy children actually ARE a valid excuse for the ‘acquisition’ aspect of hoarding- IE, she’s always got a reason to be shopping for or taking donations of more kids clothes, or buying extreme amounts of groceries.

Some people consider having over a certain number of pets to be animal hoarding.  I’m not trying to judge anyone or say where the line should be drawn, other than, “don’t have more than you can afford to take care of and spend time loving.”  For me, 2 cats is a good fit, although I’m sure I could handle 3 or 4 just fine.  There might be parallels to be drawn with numbers of kids too, although that’s another place where I feel like I’m not the one who should be drawing that line, so make your own conclusions.

But with Jill, it’s like there’s the incredible, whirlwind amount of STUFF that she has.  It sure seems to me like Jill has never met a tchotchke she didn’t like, or a stuffed animal she didn’t want to keep forever.  The endless accessories and seemingly never-before-seen outfits are another sign (...where does she get it all from?  Where does it go?)   I don’t think it’s tipped quite over the balance yet, but it will be interesting to see what happens down the road...  Especially as her kids get older and move on to their own lives and Jill doesn’t have as much help keeping things tidy.

I think the stuff may be insecurity.  If she can get stuff and keep stuff, for free or low cost, she thinks she's doing well.  I mean, it's the only way she gets stuff.  When a person works for their money, it's harder to part with. Tending to buy what you need with quality in mind, so it lasts you.  Unless you are a true hoarder or have a spending problem, buying anything has real consequences and value. Jill has things and stuff.  She's not thinking about how to use their money wisely and strech it.  Because for Jill, money is something she sometimes gets her hands on.  The rest is grift.  And, one never knows when cheap or free topiaries may come again!  Maybe to Jill, stuff fills a void.  Having stuff makes her feel rich in a way. She has been blessed within literally inch of her house.  If an appliance goes out? Oh, well.  Just wait until someone gives them it.  Car in a crash?  Someone will give them an even better car.  She tries to be humble with her desires for what she wants but it's bullshit.  Um, Macy's registry much?  Too bad she'll never know how nice it is to work and save to finally get that Kitchen Aid.  She says she doesn't need fancy but, Oh Boy would she love to have lots of money!  Who doesn't? It really makes life easier and it's fun to take nice vacations, shop and buy good food. I mean, that's why I work!  I want to live life way more than not work.  If my husband decided to just not work for no reason, I'd freak out!  

Meh
Dandruff

I wonder what she'll do with all that stuff if they actually sell the house.  Homeschool picnic retreat revival yard sale?

Petronella
On 8/27/2019 at 7:26 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Wow. Where did they get $125,000?? Or the credit to borrow $125,000? Both seem literally impossible. If they’re listed on the deed, then it was really them and not Jill’s parents. (Though they may still be cosigners, I guess??) I would love to see that paperwork. Were they honest about their sources of income?

A mystery. This is a genuine mystery.

hollyfeller
On 8/27/2019 at 12:45 PM, ofMatthew said:

Here are the photos on Flickr, I guess someone else can save and upload them directly to FJ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

THOSE. KITCHEN. CABINETS.

Yikes.

Happy
PennySycamore

@hollyfeller, the cabinets would not be so bad if the whole kitchen were not dark.  And if they came all the way up to the ceiling.  The cupboards tops are gonna get so dusty and greasy.  

@Dandruff,  I'd suggest a bonfire for all the crap in the house.  Might cause  air pollution.  Maybe a sarcophagus like is over the ruined reactors at Chernobyl would be better.

Waffle Time
Hane
1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@hollyfeller, the cabinets would not be so bad if the whole kitchen were not dark.  And if they came all the way up to the ceiling.  The cupboards tops are gonna get so dusty and greasy.  

When I remodeled my kitchen back in 2011, a fellow kitchen remodeler recommended I remove the soffets between the ceiling and the tops of my old cabinets (“They used to do it that way because it was cheaper than installing taller cabinets”) and put in cabinets that went up to the ceiling. It was a smart move: it gives me a lot more storage space and the kitchen has a more modern look.

JermajestyDuggar
1 hour ago, Hane said:

When I remodeled my kitchen back in 2011, a fellow kitchen remodeler recommended I remove the soffets between the ceiling and the tops of my old cabinets (“They used to do it that way because it was cheaper than installing taller cabinets”) and put in cabinets that went up to the ceiling. It was a smart move: it gives me a lot more storage space and the kitchen has a more modern look.

Our kitchen was remodeled decades ago. I’m actually completely fine with the cabinets except I wish they would go all the way to the ceiling. When we first moved in, I put some decorative stuff up there. And now it’s all dusty and awful. I want to completely clear it off but it will be a lot of work that I don’t feel like doing. 

FiddleDD

Our old cat loved to sleep on top of the cupboards. It was his favorite spot. But we had popcorn ceilings and he was a big cat so there was always cat hair caught in the ceiling. 😂

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • Love 6

quiversR4hunting
33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Our kitchen was remodeled decades ago. I’m actually completely fine with the cabinets except I wish they would go all the way to the ceiling. When we first moved in, I put some decorative stuff up there. And now it’s all dusty and awful. I want to completely clear it off but it will be a lot of work that I don’t feel like doing. 

I don't like that my cabinets don't go up all the way either. Many years ago I looked into if we could put in small cabinets above, and the answer was yes if we have at least 12 inches of clearance. I was thinking of doing some with glass doors to showcase a few nice pieces we have and the rest regular doors to hide stuff. They wouldn't hold a lot but it would hold many items we only use a few times a year. We haven't done it yet because later we wanted to do an addition and then the entire kitchen would have been change but that hasn't happened either.