• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
quiversR4hunting

Rod house pictures

bird

We just had luxury vinyl installed and the floor fitter called it a floor for life. I'm hoping! Because I don't want to do any renovations again in a hurry. 

But here is the light fitting I chose all by myself. 

20190816_191711.jpg

• Upvote 17
  • Love 23

JermajestyDuggar
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I swear by hot water mixed with white vinegar and really soak the wall paper and let it sit for a few minutes.  Sometimes I've gotten almost whole sheets off at a time.  Steam the remainder before pulling.  I had to de-paper our entire previous house.  I now refuse to let wall paper anywhere near a house I own.  I agree, please never paint over the paper or put up new until you remove the old.  

Isn't getting a huge piece all at once so satisfying!? Ahhh it makes me want to go peel something. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

adidas

When we bought our house we had to pull up our old floor due to water damage. It was going to cost an absolute fortune to try to match the original floorboards because they were so old. We ended up going with Villeroy & Boch laminate - it’s an eco friendly type with a 30 year guarantee and it’s got some good water resistance qualities. I prefer real wood over fake but we’re happy with it.

http://www.ecoflooring.com.au/products/laminate/

I can’t remember which one we chose - I think it’s one of the cosmopolitan or country ones. Maybe an oak one?

Only sharing in case someone has the some problem when renovating and they need options.

Enraged
feministxtian

my house is a disaster (wonder why???). It's a shame it's a rented townhouse because my solution would be to bulldoze it and start over. Instead I'll actually have to clean this shit up. 

But, even with the mess, my house isn't nearly as junky as Jill's. I like the minimalist look, prefer a more contemporary decor with a decided lack of "detail". Clean, straight lines, natural fabrics. If we weren't so up in the air about the VA and shit, I'd toss all this furniture and start over...BUT...since everything is up in the air, well...we're just going to sign another year's lease on this place and go from there. 

Naga Viper
23 hours ago, Granwych said:

The toilet in our place was not that bright (mercifully)

That wasn't even the most flamboyant option that came up. I'd love to see the house where this is an apt choice:

index.jpg.0b526d188fbff732874c2db0fa354cc9.jpg

I think I'd feel obligated to plug in an electric and play "Purple Rain" while sitting on that thing.

Waffle Time
mango_fandango
9 minutes ago, Naga Viper said:

That wasn't even the most flamboyant option that came up. I'd love to see the house where this is an apt choice:

I think I'd feel obligated to plug in an electric and play "Purple Rain" while sitting on that thing.

That’s... something.

It looks like the kind of toilet that might appear in some kind of shitty nightclub that was trying to be edgy. (Of course I could be talking nonsense here).

Walking Cat Bed
31 minutes ago, Naga Viper said:

I suspect that and a raspberry beret would bring Prince back to this earth.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • Love 4

Petronella
15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Possibly. But it’s also possible that Jill could have loads of money and would still have a ridiculous amount of stuff. 

Well, a poverty *mindset* doesn't necessarily have to do with not having enough. It has to do with FEELING like not having enough. So I agree that Jill would likely still be this way even with money, but that doesn't negate the concept.

Meh
Dandruff
On 8/16/2019 at 1:43 AM, Conundrum said:

She makes me feel so bad for those kids! They have to feel like second class citizens in their own home, and that's a shame.

I doubt they're that lucky.  David probably comes second, Nurie and Not-Dead-Tim tie for third, Miracle Baby Janessa is fourth, younger kids who pander well come fifth, Snuggles is sixth, the tacky clutter that must be dusted (see chore chart) gets seventh, and the rest of the kids rotate around eighth and ninth and it doesn't really matter at that point.

Plexus is a direct descendant of a deity and therefore cannot be ranked amongst mere mortals.

Happy
PennySycamore
15 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

It would be Purple Haze for me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

apandaaries
15 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

That should be one of those incredibly fancy Japanese toilets with a bidet and its own music. It should sing Purple Rain to you!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

Depressed
mollysmom
23 hours ago, bird said:

We just had luxury vinyl installed and the floor fitter called it a floor for life. I'm hoping! Because I don't want to do any renovations again in a hurry. 

But here is the light fitting I chose all by myself. 

20190816_191711.jpg

I LOVE it!! I love things that (in my opinion) are funky & different. I would totally buy this! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 5

bird
53 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I LOVE it!! I love things that (in my opinion) are funky & different. I would totally buy this! 

Thank you. This is the only thing I really loved instantly and didn't second guess myself about. Felt a bit weird about posting it but got carried away will all the house and decor talk!! 

Depressed
mollysmom

@bird I'm glad you shared with us! I really do love it!

Thorns

I love love love seeing how others live, I loove to walk around cities and looking through windoes (oh, that sounds creepy and peeping, and it kinda is, but I promise I avert my eyes in a hurry if there are people at home!), so looking at house listings is kinda a hobby. Architectural Digest videoes is a favourite. So these kinds of threads with getting a glimpse into other peoples decorating choices is my druuuuug.

The Rod house is...something else.

JermajestyDuggar
39 minutes ago, Thorns said:

I love love love seeing how others live, I loove to walk around cities and looking through windoes (oh, that sounds creepy and peeping, and it kinda is, but I promise I avert my eyes in a hurry if there are people at home!), so looking at house listings is kinda a hobby. Architectural Digest videoes is a favourite. So these kinds of threads with getting a glimpse into other peoples decorating choices is my druuuuug.

The Rod house is...something else.

My BFF and I used to do that all the time. We would just walk around in the evening and look at houses with all the lights on and curtains open. We wouldn’t stare. Just look as we walked. And then talk about the houses we liked and the ones we didn’t like. 

SilverBeach
1 hour ago, Thorns said:

I loove to walk around cities and looking through windoes (oh, that sounds creepy and peeping, and it kinda is, but I promise I avert my eyes in a hurry if there are people at home!),

I would be careful about doing this, I would call the police if I observed such behavior. I too enjoy seeing how people decorate their homes, and if people at home are visable while passing by, that is fair. But looking through windows is kinda crossing a line. I close my blinds and curtains at the first hint of dusk because I like my privacy. I don't really understand people who don't mind that passersby can see what they are watching on tv. It's a tad exhibitionistic to me.

Flossie

A few years ago I was driving by a friends home after dark and noticed that his kitchen window, which was right up by the road, was lit up and no curtains or blinds in sight.  I glanced through and hurried home to call him and tell him to cover that window.  He was stirring something at the stove wearing nothing but his underwear!

Caroline
2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My BFF and I used to do that all the time. We would just walk around in the evening and look at houses with all the lights on and curtains open. We wouldn’t stare. Just look as we walked. And then talk about the houses we liked and the ones we didn’t like. 

I once lived in a small New England seaside village where you couldn't help but see into people's houses if you walked at night which my husband and I (and many others) often did.   The houses were very close together, practically on the road,  and sometimes not even separated by a driveway.  We enjoyed seeing the different kinds of decorating styles.  It was understood that you would close your curtains at night if you didn't want people to see into your home.    No one stared into the homes of others, but you couldn't help but see in.

Thorns
4 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I would be careful about doing this, I would call the police if I observed such behavior. I too enjoy seeing how people decorate their homes, and if people at home are visable while passing by, that is fair. But looking through windows is kinda crossing a line. I close my blinds and curtains at the first hint of dusk because I like my privacy. I don't really understand people who don't mind that passersby can see what they are watching on tv. It's a tad exhibitionistic to me.

Oh yes! I'll never look through windows (as in walking up to and peep through)! Just looking at what I can see from the street while walking by. If there are people at home, in the room I'm looking at, I will stop looking.  

Bad Wolf

I remember walking home in the dark and the rain in England. I used to wonder about the lighted windows I saw and the what the people were doing in there. Never walked up the path and looked through the windows, though. Mostly envied them being warm and dry while I slogged through puddles.

Petronella
9 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't really understand people who don't mind that passersby can see what they are watching on tv. It's a tad exhibitionistic to me.

So, someone “not minding” whether their TV watching is visible is “a tad exhibitionistic”? That’s a leap. By definition, not minding is not really caring or maybe even thinking about it at all. If they’re not thinking about the people outside, they’re not being exhibitionistic, a tad or otherwise. I’ve lived in a lot of different apartments and houses and only ever thought about the curtains in my bedroom.

Ozlsn

I love the night cruises you can go on around Sydney Harbour - the Harbour views are great but the glimpses into the multimillion dollar Harbourside properties are the best. Yes you have no neighbours who can see in, but do you realise how many boats there are with a perfect view?! The windows work both ways guys...

Wine time!
Spanger

I am fairly private about what people can see when they look at my house, like I keep blinds down once it starts getting dark, we’ve got “frosted” windows on the whole basement, etc...  I just don’t want to feel like people are scoping out me or my stuff.

It had honestly never occurred to me to worry about whether people can tell what I’m watching on TV or to care if they did, lol.  I guess if I was watching naughty-time movies, or something that was somehow really embarrassing (—? What that might be, I have no idea, but maybe there’s something I’d want to keep secret?). But my everyday TV choices, be that lifetime movies, serial killer documentaries, 90s sitcoms, whatever, I could care less who knows that I am watching those.  (Although I’d be straight up mortified if said neighbors saw me sprawling out on the couch in my bathrobe eating candy, lol.)

Antipatriarch

There was an Amish community near where I grew up. They had a tradition that when the curtains were opened in the morning, visitors were then welcome to stop by, but when they were closed at night, they wanted solitude.