• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
quiversR4hunting

Rod house pictures

JermajestyDuggar

The problem with Jill’s home is that buyers usually don’t have a good imagination. Most people can’t imagine their furniture and belongings in a house as cluttered as Jill’s. It’s also hard to imagine a home with some new paint and new carpeting. Two things needed in that house. 

PianoGal
On 8/12/2019 at 3:34 PM, Howl said:

Such a sad back yard.  I'm not seeing slides, swingsets, playscapes.  

Jill shared the post again with some additional pictures. There are two old-looking swingsets in the yard. One has hardly any swings. 

Screenshot_20190813-222251.png

• Sad 7
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 8

bird
6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The problem with Jill’s home is that buyers usually don’t have a good imagination. Most people can’t imagine their furniture and belongings in a house as cluttered as Jill’s. It’s also hard to imagine a home with some new paint and new carpeting. Two things needed in that house. 

You've just described how I am in my own home!!! My husband said the other day: some people are colour blind and some people are colour stupid. We are colour stupid. 

It made me laugh a lot on a very fraught "many decisions" day. 

JermajestyDuggar
8 hours ago, PianoGal said:

Jill shared the post again with some additional pictures. There are two old-looking swingsets in the yard. One has hardly any swings. 

I admit I’m glad there’s at least a swing for Janessa. 

onekidanddone
20 hours ago, thoughtful said:

It would be a wonderful quilt pattern. It looks free-flowing and continuous -- you have to look to find the edges of the rectangles. I found this picture of the pattern, in green, that shows it more clearly:

image.png.41caabe45eb81216977e7551c0792e2d.png

The colors in the pic you posted are what is in the other two bathrooms in our house. I wish we had those floors, too -- I love traditional black and white tile floors.

This is the pattern in my Mon's house. One bathroom is blue and one yellow. Almost nothing in that house has been updated since we moved there when I was in high school in 1978. 

Depressed
formergothardite
4 hours ago, bird said:

My husband said the other day: some people are colour blind and some people are colour stupid. We are colour stupid. 

I am the same way. One of the reasons our blue bathroom never changed is because we couldn't envision what a new bathroom would look like and we were too broke to hire some sort of a decorator. When I painted the walls I had to get a friend to help pick out colors because I just could do it. Even sticking paint samples on walls didn't help. I can't imagine the finished product. 

bird
9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I am the same way. One of the reasons our blue bathroom never changed is because we couldn't envision what a new bathroom would look like and we were too broke to hire some sort of a decorator. When I painted the walls I had to get a friend to help pick out colors because I just could do it. Even sticking paint samples on walls didn't help. I can't imagine the finished product. 

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. So far the only rooms I have painted have had colours chosen by friends. Everything else is white. Or stainless steel. But I did choose a light fitting for over the dining room table all by myself and I absolutely love it. It is very colourful and I'm not at all worried about it fitting in so every so often I do know what I like. 

JermajestyDuggar
15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

My cousin is an interior designer but I guess imaginations run in our family because I don’t normally need her help when choosing paint colors and furniture. It’s definitely a handy trait to have when house hunting.

3 minutes ago, bird said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. So far the only rooms I have painted have had colours chosen by friends. Everything else is white. Or stainless steel. But I did choose a light fitting for over the dining room table all by myself and I absolutely love it. It is very colourful and I'm not at all worried about it fitting in so every so often I do know what I like. 

I actually like white walls quite a bit. I feel like you can’t go wrong with white and it’s a nice blank slate for things you want to hang on your wall. 

quiversR4hunting
Posted (edited)

OMG! For all of us loving the historic homes, look at this house in Charleston. It even has a blue bathroom for some of you :)

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/904-Edgewood-Dr-Charleston-WV-25302/22608078_zpid/ 

I am drooling over the front porch ceiling and the original built ins. and the stained glass on the stair landing

Edited by quiversR4hunting
forgot the stained glass!
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 12

nausicaa
15 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am drooling over the front porch ceiling and the original built ins. and the stained glass on the stair landing

That front porch ceiling made my heart go all aflutter. And they incorporated their blue bathroom fixtures perfectly. 

And total interior design snob comment: I wish more people would study homes like this, see how much the details add depth and beauty to a house, and demand more of their McMansion builders. I don't fault people without money for living in poorly designed homes, but I do take issue with rich people who could do better. /endrant

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 11

Pancakes@Tiffany's
15 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Are they different from the ones I posted on the first post of this thread? 

Just came back on and had a look through. I have those and others. I won't post doubles. 

quiversR4hunting
4 minutes ago, [email protected]'s said:

Just came back on and had a look through. I have those and others. I won't post doubles. 

Interesting she posted new or different pictures! Can't wait to see them! If it is public you can post but I am not a mod so take my advice knowing that I am not a mod. I think everything on marketplace is public view. 

JermajestyDuggar

That metal swing set is falling apart. They need to throw that tetanus set away.  

Petronella
5 hours ago, bird said:

You've just described how I am in my own home!!! My husband said the other day: some people are colour blind and some people are colour stupid. We are colour stupid. 

It made me laugh a lot on a very fraught "many decisions" day. 

A previous house we lived in was one of those "new build community" kinds of deals, where you buy from plans before the houses exist. There were four layouts and maybe six exterior color schemes that were assigned to the specific plots, but inside you had a few limited choices, including floor tiles, wood flooring, and types of carpet. Each buyer had their appointment with the decorating company to choose their floorings on the spot. I found it so overwhelming trying to make decisions from the small swatches that we ended up choosing the wood and tiles used in the decorating office's entryway! We could actually *see* them all spread out and know we would love them. (And we did!)

Pancakes@Tiffany's
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Interesting she posted new or different pictures!

I grabbed these on the 10th when I finally figured out how to view the link someone posted here. She has taken down all of these pics. Sorry for the quality, they were quick grabs. I hope everything ends up under the correct spoiler.
Edit: Can't figure out how to do spoilers after all these years so just going to list everything then do one spoiler. 
The beach bathroom, the carpet bathroom, this seems to be a third bathroom, the basement where the boys sleep (?) and the laundry space, some more outside shots and the printing ministry. 

Spoiler

67805031_10214678872310743_9174859608152342528_n.jpg.6345cb5b1574b3c607ae59b9a708706f.jpg

Spoiler

68748731_10214678872670752_7877421314552627200_n.jpg.50c322aa10f9cf88f290fe44ad665464.jpg

Spoiler

67805018_10214678872070737_2598832325093490688_n.jpg.c99895dc1cc61a8dff1a98d264b5b35b.jpg

Spoiler

68842169_10214678871750729_2714443168140492800_n.jpg.754c86a7fe62972a243feb6cd5a70f1a.jpg

Spoiler

67922868_10214678871150714_5394023996545040384_n.jpg.3b8a0fac33543e8db9c46a3daf3ca36e.jpg

Spoiler

68550124_2337190549852618_8209784605679550464_n.thumb.jpg.d0c2ccbb60522be0e5c9de6240348cd4.jpg

Spoiler

67926162_2337190733185933_1862727462304088064_n.jpg.abe0505360b4e5e7b42fae01a1aeedd5.jpg

Spoiler

67801778_2337190523185954_8831645966915338240_n.jpg.6ad4b8fc17c636ca0ea547a7500f48ee.jpg

Spoiler

67779856_2337190019852671_981831971996958720_n.jpg.ea0f386d29f5599916104824de1798a9.jpg

Spoiler

68801118_2337190189852654_2593013305832374272_n.thumb.jpg.4eb6134c54a70724c65e4b41f3eeca05.jpg

Spoiler

67884819_2337190496519290_8528773192553070592_n.thumb.jpg.648e264b788b42bb26f8753123a9ca46.jpg

Edited by Curious

dairyfreelife
10 hours ago, PianoGal said:

If all that is their yard and it being flat then $180K is reasonable. Glad they have a swingset, but it's not a decent metal one. It appears to missing some swings too. Glad anytime I've been back and forth to the area to visit family (which has been frequently lately because of my dad's health) I've never come across the Rods. I feel terrible for their children and hope they don't have any more. 

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
Posted (edited)

New pictures!  Thanks!  It's good to see that they have two washers and dryers.  I had always thought that they needed more than one.  There is so much stuff everywhere in the entire house that it makes me feel claustrophobic and gives me anxiety.  I would need to use this (spoiler) before I'd be comfortable in the Rod house:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.51506c638ac2f6fa390197926d965f4d.png

Edited by Okie_Bokie
wording
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 3

quiversR4hunting
26 minutes ago, [email protected]'s said:

Hide contents

68550124_2337190549852618_8209784605679550464_n.thumb.jpg.d0c2ccbb60522be0e5c9de6240348cd4.jpg

This picture! I am so glad you got it. This shows the lower level living room divided for the boy's bunks. When they did the house tour the divider was up higher or more complete. 2 of those bunks look right in to the living room. 

Jilly stating they need a bigger house (no duh!) but no income (donations is not income; jobs bring in income) coming in makes me, again, wonder about their financial situation. I really, really would like to know how much they bring in for their "ministry" and how much goes into the printing verses "overhead" (aka, food, shelter, gas/rv, and utilities for the family).

30 minutes ago, [email protected]'s said:
Spoiler

67779856_2337190019852671_981831971996958720_n.jpg.ea0f386d29f5599916104824de1798a9.jpg

Anyone else see a weird doll looking back at us through the door on the top step? That thing is creepy from this view! 

Waffle Time
catlady
1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

OMG! For all of us loving the historic homes, look at this house in Charleston. It even has a blue bathroom for some of you :)

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/904-Edgewood-Dr-Charleston-WV-25302/22608078_zpid/ 

Rufus Bless, Charleston is awash with amazing houses.  i was on Realtor last night drooling over several.  this one is amazing; i have a thing for built-ins (yeah, that's a weird thing to be into...).  and i love the blue bathroom.  i used to work for a family-owned motel that also rented out a suite/apartment in an 1890s house, and i'm pretty sure the bathroom had the same tub and sink, but in yellow.  they also had the matching toilet.  the tub was huge, easily big enough for 2 adults or a group of small children.

Depressed
formergothardite
6 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Anyone else see a weird doll looking back at us through the door on the top step? That thing is creepy from this view! 

I have no idea but it is creepy. 

That is for sure carpet around the shower. Gross. And the picture of Jill and David over the toilet?! Even more gross. 

Caroline

Jill is s so self-absorbed that she thinks everyone appreciates her decorating style (?).  Get rid of the personal nonsense especially if it's really out of date 'country'.  Why would you show off your personal style when trying to sell your house unless it was really classic and could appeal to a large field of buyers?  This is why realtors exist. I have a friend (Evangelical!) who is trying to sell her house, and it is very similar in 80's decor as Jill's house.   She will not listen to the realtor's suggestions.  She is very unlikely to sell it in the competitive market area we live in.

9 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

This picture! I am so glad you got it. This shows the lower level living room divided for the boy's bunks. When they did the house tour the divider was up higher or more complete. 2 of those bunks look right in to the living room. 

Jilly stating they need a bigger house (no duh!) but no income (donations is not income; jobs bring in income) coming in makes me, again, wonder about their financial situation. I really, really would like to know how much they bring in for their "ministry" and how much goes into the printing verses "overhead" (aka, food, shelter, gas/rv, and utilities for the family).

All ready for Halloween!  

JermajestyDuggar
13 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

That is for sure carpet around the shower. Gross. And the picture of Jill and David over the toilet?! Even more gross. 

Is it carpet?! I couldn’t figure out what the hell was going on! That carpet must be so moldy and musty! I’m gagging just thinking about it.

Cora Persephona
13 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

What do you mean? There's nothing I love more than my parents watching me pee!

🤢🤮

JermajestyDuggar
2 minutes ago, Cora Persephona said:

What do you mean? There's nothing I love more than my parents watching me pee!

🤢🤮

Well at least there’s a toilet nearby if the sight of those two make you vomit.

Meh
Dandruff

The whole place looks creepy to me.  I can imagine someone's pet canaries being allowed to fly around at all hours.

The bathroom tiles and blue toilet are attractive, but the rest of the "decor" obliterates the charm.  The drapes need to go to the dumpster yesterday.  Ditto the bathroom carpet, for which I'd recommend a mask and two sets of gloves.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2