• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
quiversR4hunting

Rod house pictures

Depressed
formergothardite
8 minutes ago, louannems said:

When I originally watched Jill's house tour video, I guess I thought she grifted that house, furnished, from an old lady.  And Jill just left it all as is.  Surely she didn't go out and actually buy that decor, did she?

I thought she said she had a storage container of household stuff? I do think that the house might have come with some of that crap, but Jill would have made it look like that even if it didn't. 

JermajestyDuggar

The brick in the toilet trick is an old one! Cheapskates have been doing that for decades! 

thoughtful
2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I have seen this tile in various places, I really want to make a quilt in that pattern.

It would be a wonderful quilt pattern. It looks free-flowing and continuous -- you have to look to find the edges of the rectangles. I found this picture of the pattern, in green, that shows it more clearly:

image.png.41caabe45eb81216977e7551c0792e2d.png

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not a pink bathroom person. But I like all the other colorful tile bathrooms of the 50s  and 60s. Especially the green and black ones. Those are my absolute favorite. 

The colors in the pic you posted are what is in the other two bathrooms in our house. I wish we had those floors, too -- I love traditional black and white tile floors.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not a pink bathroom person. But I like all the other colorful tile bathrooms of the 50s  and 60s. Especially the green and black ones. Those are my absolute favorite.

I used to have a house that had pink bathroom tile with black borders. including half way up the wall and on the countertops.  It had the most gorgeous semicircle sink.  Glass doorknobs throughout.  Oak floors.  It was great.  I miss it, but I moved from that city, so sold it.

wallysmommy

The girls have a doll to practice being a sister-mom, the boys have the crossbow thingy so that they can hunt to be the food provider, even though their dad is the worst provider ever.  All stuffed animals belong to 10/40 year old Jilly.  They can't fit any toys in the RV as any non-people space is used for makeup, hair stuff, and Jilly's clothes and jewelry.  

Granwych
14 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?, if you ever do rip our your sinks, see if you can sell them on eBay or Craigslist.  ReStore may take them as well.  They don't have to go in the dumpster.  

It always drives me crazy on Property Brothers where Drew is just throwing stuff in the dumpster, regardless of whether or not they might be salvageable for someone else.  He has gotten better about that though.  I also haven't seen him have a couple take the toilet out recently.  He'd have them tote that toilet out with the bowl full of water.  Even I know that you shut the water intake valve off, flush, mop up any bit of water before you remove a toilet.  I learned that from This Old House.

We had a purple toilet that was replaced with a white one.  Someone did buy the old purple one!

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
10 minutes ago, Granwych said:

We had a purple toilet

I've never seen a purple toilet.  That sounds amazing!  (I did just see some on a google images search.  💜)

SilverBeach
Posted (edited)

I have a pink toilet and bathtub in one of my bathrooms. I want to replace them, but Mr. SB doesn't. I've decorated around them. The room is large as is the vanity area, and the layout works, so there is no urgency to change anything.

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

It would be a wonderful quilt pattern. It looks free-flowing and continuous -- you have to look to find the edges of the rectangles. I found this picture of the pattern, in green, that shows it more clearly:

image.png.41caabe45eb81216977e7551c0792e2d.png

The colors in the pic you posted are what is in the other two bathrooms in our house. I wish we had those floors, too -- I love traditional black and white tile floors.

I have this pattern of tile in my foyer, in earth tones. 

Edited by SilverBeach

Granwych
6 minutes ago, Okie_Bokie said:

I've never seen a purple toilet.  That sounds amazing!  (I did just see some on a google images search.  💜)

We had a purple toilet, a purple bathtub, and twin purple sinks.  And an avocado sink in the kitchen.

dripcurl

I might be able to understand selling a house “as is”, but what is it with some fundies leaving their shit around and refusing to minimalize decor? I’ve been stalking the Pearls lately and Shoshanna is particularly fascinating (she has been manically promoting Plexus, not unlike how Raquel has been shoving YL down everyone’s throat. I think all of the MLMs just has their big conferences and people are extra inspired.) ANYWAY, either Shoshanna had an album public of when they were selling a home, “as is”, in 2010. Yeah, there were crazy colors everywhere, but my God - there were dishes in the sink, unmade beds with dirty laundry on them, and boxes full of crap in the middle of the floor in a couple of rooms. I am astounded.

My family growing up was horrifically messy but even if were just taking pictures in general we’d make sure there was no mess in the background. My husband and I (who has 2 student loans!) make about $4,000 a month combined in one of the most expensive areas in the country, and we manage to hire our housekeeper twice a month without fail, since we are busy, messy people, We would pull out all of stops if we were selling. Even so, we could sell AS IS right now and make a decent profit since we are in a growing area but we are committed to updating over the next few years before that. 

Candydandy

Our house came with a blue bathroom. We did rip it out because I really didnt like it. It had one sink, no vanity. So it also was not functional. When I look at the Rods house I imagine it must smell like feet, esp with all the carpeting, drapery and knickknacks absorbing it all. How did she let the courting bench get overgrown? Isnt it severely needed now ? Wonder where they are moving to.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Naga Viper
57 minutes ago, Okie_Bokie said:

Me neither. [Googles]

No. Nope. Cannot do. The neighbors would be wondering why they always hear me belting "Purple Rain" in the bathroom.

purple-toilet-310x415.jpg.6779ffb8c6e25b52ce33473d0b1ba67b.jpg

JermajestyDuggar

When my parents redid their bathroom in the 1980s, they chose a brown bath tub, toilet, and sink. I’m not talking beige. It was chocolate brown! Do not ever get a brown bath tub. It shows every tiny bit of soap scum. The brown toilet was good for hiding skid marks though. 

Wine time!
nokidsmom

When we built our townhome, we could "upgrade" the sinks and toilets to a color other than white.   I remember one of the color options was turquoise.  Also black.  We stayed with boring white however I always wondered if anyone installed those colors anywhere.   Especially the black.  

Fast forward a few years, we pay a visit to a restaurant and guess what, the restroom has black fixtures, the very same models that were in our home.    Last year we pay a visit to that same restaurant again, and the fixtures are still black but replaced with newer models, incidentally the same model that we replaced our toilets with.  

livinglongerthanyou

Those photos are awful. Way too dark. And that roof - there's something not right about it. If I were ever to lose my mind and consider buying that place, I would have someone inspect the roof very closely.

Pancakes@Tiffany's

Quick question. I got some screen shots of the Rod house on FB market place, but I can't see them currently. I know you can't post private stuff, but I can post as long as they were public when I got the screen shots, right?

quiversR4hunting
33 minutes ago, [email protected]'s said:

Quick question. I got some screen shots of the Rod house on FB market place, but I can't see them currently. I know you can't post private stuff, but I can post as long as they were public when I got the screen shots, right?

Are they different from the ones I posted on the first post of this thread? 

Happy
PennySycamore

@nokidsmom, one house we looked at 30 years ago when we were house hunting had black fixtures in one bathroom.  It also had wallpaper that was mostly black and was an interior room.  No natural light at all.  That bathroom was a big no for me even though I normally like colored fixtures.  I can't imagine being in that bathroom the lights went out.  

dairyfreelife

Being from that area, while it's large with 2500 square feet and 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, it doesn't show much of the yard or state how big it is. Since the address isn't listed, can't see area around. It's also an older house. Nothing wrong with older homes, but this house looks it. It doesn't appear to have been updated in a long time, not even the carpet. It needs a lot of updates. Because it looks like it's on a hillside and because of experience of family and friends there, would advise a water check in the rain. Lots of people in the hillside neighborhoods have had issues with drainage and foundation damage. Not sure if they'll get the $180K they are asking honestly. You never know, but not knowing age of house, size of yard, exact location/neighborhood, etc and seeing the old, cluttered, barely updated in decades look, $180K might be pushing it. 

*Yes, that's cheap for a lot of areas of US, but it's not for West Virginia in general. 

Quiver Full of Kittens
2 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

When we built our townhome, we could "upgrade" the sinks and toilets to a color other than white.   I remember one of the color options was turquoise.  Also black.  We stayed with boring white however I always wondered if anyone installed those colors anywhere.   Especially the black.  

Fast forward a few years, we pay a visit to a restaurant and guess what, the restroom has black fixtures, the very same models that were in our home.    Last year we pay a visit to that same restaurant again, and the fixtures are still black but replaced with newer models, incidentally the same model that we replaced our toilets with.  

Mr. Kittens’ old office had a black toilet. First time I’d ever seen one! 

Meh
Satan'sFortress
23 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Okie_Bokie, there are some of us who rather like those colored bathroom fixtures.  We even like colored appliances in the kitchen.  The RetroRenovation community is full of us.  I have a blush or sandstone basin and tub. I'd rather it be Mamie pink or blue or green.  

That is a great website--I bookmarked it for future reference.  Those pink kitchens that they've featured ❤️❤️

My house is only about 20 years old, but Mr. Fortress & I both like decorating with a retro style.  I really want linoleum flooring in the kitchen---real linoleum.  I;d love black & white checkerboard tiles, but I'm guessing that isn't great for resale value, and we may not be here too much longer.

Happy
PennySycamore

@Satan'sFortress,  I love a black and white checkered floor! And it's better if it's made of linoleum!

One of my daughters and her husband just signed a contract on a house!  They've lived in apartments since they've been married and decided recently to look for a house.  When they saw this house,  all three of them (granddaughter, too) felt that this was the place.  It was built in the Thirties and still has the original cabinets which are in good shape.  It's charming!

Depressed
Sky with diamonds

Yikes,  the Rods house looks so cluttered. I wouldn't buy it, even if I could  based on those pictures. 

Meh
Dandruff

Jill should have skipped the garden and bought stuff for the kids (as if).

llucie

The house has potential as a fixer-upper. Just changing the decor and painting you can improve it a lot. But if the prize they are asking is high for the area i dont see how they are going to sell that.