• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
quiversR4hunting

Rod house pictures

quiversR4hunting

So it doesn't get buried I decided to create a thread, just for the pictures of the Rod house in the facebook marketplace listing. If a mod would prefer it in a thread, they will move it. 

I'll start with the exterior and the next post will be interior. 

Front of the house

Spoiler

1128676078_frontdoor.thumb.jpg.a8ea55cc5df67949a591a6d06980e7e0.jpg

801848341_anotherfrontshot.jpg.e21551c60113eeb94f7658bc523235c1.jpg

Courting bench grown over

Spoiler

1732434293_courtingbench.jpg.cbdd5d5f08fffabc9952d4429cd8ea4a.jpg

back yard and shed

Spoiler

1049786384_firepit.jpg.1455bd8aec91d00a993c99863b275761.jpg1137497508_gardenshed.thumb.jpg.285b80105da08f048fc43cc5eb224f5e.jpg1328600232_closeupshed.jpg.fbdad38acc18b0892e2ba7ee85f8675e.jpg

Patio

Spoiler

1424510124_patiostaged.thumb.jpg.ec908f25d6987d3d2797dbcab5df360a.jpg1018629826_backpatio.thumb.jpg.e0d8ab36bc68aa71b924d003c429f077.jpg

Inside the house

Living room with Holy TV Batman and dog proof of life!

Spoiler

1795671795_livingroomfromstairwellview.jpg.963f82e2f74a7005604b69e30087feb0.jpg1169722587_livingroom.jpg.484c36973de097ca6c3b0a0de6366a65.jpg798694615_holytv.thumb.jpg.cc4b1bcc96ef38ac297ce71d9ef715ed.jpg

L shape dining table, 2 different kinds of table, inefficient use of space. 

Spoiler

262563729_lshapediningtables2differentstyels.jpg.951db242264a537af11c67963014d849.jpg

Kitchen 

Spoiler

1437516473_morekitchen.jpg.7a82b6029929fc1d7aa8d2edb4a0b546.jpg1960570717_deskinkitchen.jpg.962007d6fbee547c3c8d526f079e7b06.jpg

Bedrooms

Spoiler

430333885_wherethemagichappens.jpg.a4f22d719020622a40b497105933d5e2.jpg83273164_littlegirlsbedroom.jpg.b880a4d67d76a470cbb344f55c985298.jpg1397444313_cribroom.jpg.7d2395a681ac6f982960d0618ca9e4e9.jpg2146087417_girlsbedroom.jpg.07cec0311d669e9af144b88f884d3a65.jpg

Only 1 picture of 1 of the bathrooms. I am betting this is the "newish" floor, it looks like laminate 

Spoiler

bath.jpg.dd72964c3ea0e73114dcfeb9f664ee43.jpg

JermajestyDuggar

It looks like a room that is probably supposed to be a living room in the lower level is the oldest girls’ room. There is no closet so all their clothing is just hanging on a rack in the bedroom. 

quiversR4hunting
2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like a room that is probably supposed to be a living room in the lower level is the oldest girls’ room. There is no closet so all their clothing is just hanging on a rack in the bedroom. 

I agree. When she did the video tour, the big boy's room was divided from the print area with a sheet. 

JermajestyDuggar

The rooms are likely split up like this: 

1) Phillip, Gabriel, and Samuel

2) Nurie, Renee, Kaylee

3) Tessie, Hannah, Olivia

4) Janessa, Sadie, Sofia

5) David and Jill

Bad Wolf

Thank you @quiversR4hunting. Some of the outside looked quite nice. It was hard to tell about the inside, we need an episode of "Hoarders"

Nervous
justmissedquiver

Is there crap growing out of their gutters?  I can't tell if there is, or if the leaves of the trees are blending into the gutters.  Either way, they should maintain that better.  Gutters in disrepair are another pet peeve of mine.  The others being  messy counters and dirty stove tops...Jill Duggar I'm looking at you.

quiversR4hunting
45 minutes ago, justmissedquiver said:

Is there crap growing out of their gutters?  I can't tell if there is, or if the leaves of the trees are blending into the gutters.  Either way, they should maintain that better.  Gutters in disrepair are another pet peeve of mine.  The others being  messy counters and dirty stove tops...Jill Duggar I'm looking at you.

I think it is just the angle of the picture for the front of the house. If you look at the patio pictures, the back gutters are free of debris. 

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Only 1 picture of 1 of the bathrooms.

The previous thread had pics of all the bathrooms.   Is someone able to move them over to this thread?   I remember because of the 60s era colored sinks and toilets.  (How have they not needed to replace those toilets, and why wouldn't they want to anyway, to go low flow and save water?  Replacing toilets isn't difficult.)

apandaaries

Seeing all that excessive crap and knowing how long the kids’ chore lists are makes me want to weep. Their education is put on the backburner to maintain JRod’s aesthetic decor [sic]. I can’t imagine cleaning a house like that. Dusting must take hours that they could be spending reading, writing, doing arithmetic or anything else. 

Way to use your children as serfs, Jilly Bean. That will surely help them in the future. 🙄

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

SweetLaurel
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, justmissedquiver said:

Wanna come clean out my gutters?  Climbing and moving  the ladder 15 times and cleaning gutters several times a year is my pet peeve - I'm So willing to delegate it out!   Helpful hint - if you do it on garbage pick up day, someone might drive by and find you if you fall.   Unless you fall in the back of the house.   Then you are kind of sol.  

Edited by SweetLaurel
clarifying
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
mango_fandango

So. Much. Crap.

If you’re gonna take photos of your house, *try* and keep kids and pets out of shot....

quiversR4hunting
4 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

So. Much. Crap.

If you’re gonna take photos of your house, *try* and keep kids and pets out of shot....

but now we have a proof of life for the dog! :D

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

JermajestyDuggar
18 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Wanna come clean out my gutters?  Climbing and moving  the ladder 15 times and cleaning gutters several times a year is my pet peeve - I'm So willing to delegate it out!   Helpful hint - if you do it on garbage pick up day, someone might drive by and find you if you fall.   Unless you fall in the back of the house.   Then you are kind of sol.  

I refuse to get on a ladder. It scares the absolute shit out of me. My husband deals with our gutters. If he couldn’t, I would have to hire it out. 

Howl

Such a sad back yard.  I'm not seeing slides, swingsets, playscapes.  

Henri205

Selling a house is a huge PITA but I’ve sold three successfully.  The Rodcabin is horrifying. So much crap and hideous furnishings. I just can’t. 

I was amused seeing the satellite dish and the TVs so ya gotta know Jill plants the brood in front of TVs and they watch between chores.  Keeps them busy while she’s preening. 

Enraged
feministxtian

Jilly's house gives me the heebie-jeebies. I prefer open areas, minimal decor. The only "dust collectors" that would be displayed are the things from my parents and grandparents. If my children want any of it they can come get it. If not, to the salvation army or goodwill it goes. 

Right now my house is a disaster but between the doctor's visits, heat, anxiety and depression I can't seem to get my act together. I literally can't string together a coherent thought if you paid me. Anti-anxiety meds aren't doing jack shit for me. I'm trying to stay away from caffeine and shit but it doesn't change the constant shaking...life fucking sucks. I'm thinking a good solution right now may be a blowtorch and start over. 

Meh
Dandruff

The baby bedroom creeps me tf out.  Reminds me of PeeWee's Playhouse.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Henri205
1 hour ago, SweetLaurel said:

Never do anything yourself if you can pay someone to do it for you. 

JermajestyDuggar
47 minutes ago, Howl said:

Such a sad back yard.  I'm not seeing slides, swingsets, playscapes.  

I’ve often thought the same thing. Even just a cheap homemade swing set and plastic slide from a thrift store would be good for the little ones. My yard is constantly littered with toys, cars, bikes, scooters, and we have a swing hanging from our tree. Putting a swing in your tree is not expensive. They obviously have plenty of trees to choose from.

Henri205
2 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

I'm a poor widow woman working two jobs to keep the kids in the house they grew up in and their dad died in,  till they graduate.   I do everything I can myself.   

I never intended to insult anyone. I’m useless with most chores. When my husband passed away I was lost so I feel your pain. My best to you. 

SweetLaurel
Just now, Henri205 said:

I never intended to insult anyone. I’m useless with most chores. When my husband passed away I was lost so I feel your pain. My best to you. 

Big hug to you - I have five kids and have taught school and worked retail.  Nothing insults me.   Well, I'm sure someone could if they tried - Jill would probably think I was smelly and unlovely and Lori Alexander has blocked me after telling me I should go to church and find me a good man asap right after I was widowed, instead of working - and I found FJ shortly after.   And I told her the last thing I planned to do was run men in and out of my kids' lives.   Bad Me!  It made me laugh, actually.  How dare I threaten her  oh so delicate theology!   But no, you didn't insult me - I tell people that all the time - 'if you can throw money at it and solve it, it isn't a problem'.  I just work hard for that money.   Rather keep the utilities on than pay someone to clean the gutter.   

• Upvote 14
  • Love 20

Wine time!
Spanger

Ok, the no toys outside thing hadn't really got to me before, but that is just SAD.  I see freebie outdoor toys (like, cheap plastic playhouses & slides, kiddie pools, play tables etc) on the side of the road with free signs pretty regularly.  I'm sure there have been folks in her church that have offered similar toys when moving or when their kids have outgrown them.  My theory is these are the types of things no one wants to have to move, but they are too big to just throw away unless you've got access to a dumpster, so everyone just tries to give them to someone else with kids when their own kids outgrow them.

Even if Jill didn't want the cheapie, used plastic version of these toys- she had her sons build her that whole garden with raised beds.  She could just as easily ask them to build a little raised bed box, and then fill it with play sand from the local hardware store.  What - $50, maybe $100 for the whole project?  She easily spent that on her own garden, but can't do it for the kids.  OK, TIJWTA, afterall.

Anyway, I think she could probably have toys back there for very cheap or even FREE if she wanted the kids to have toys.  She just either doesn't like the look of them, doesn't want to have to move them around when it's time to mow the lawn, or doesn't want the kids messing up their clothes playing outside.  Like I said, SAD.

thoughtful
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Okie_Bokie said:

The previous thread had pics of all the bathrooms.   Is someone able to move them over to this thread?

I second this. I went looking (and will continue to do so), but couldn't find them. So if anyone has them saved and can post them, that would be great.

I actually don't remember seeing a carpeted bathroom.

The positive use of Murphy's Law strikes again -- right after I posted, I found them. Another view of the master bathroom:

Spoiler

image.png.b5b4d94d64f280d32823f8b452d9ddc9.png

The other two bathrooms:

Spoiler

image.png.7ffef2768dad9641a9f42b65132ee9c9.png

Spoiler

image.png.e349dec7d08eaf3a0e096fb682826685.png

I see various throw rugs on hard floors. I'm pretty sure the grey surface in the boys bathroom is some sort of textured faux stone.

If there was ever "carpet" in one of those rooms (I never saw the house tour video), it's gone now. I put carpet in quotes, because I have, indeed, seen wall-to-wall in bathrooms. One branch of our family ran a linen store for years, and sold it when it was in fashion, and it wasn't like regular carpet.

It had no pad, and wasn't tacked down to a strip, like most carpeting, since most bathroom floors in which people were putting it were made of tile. It was fairly thin, and came as a pre-cut, packaged rectangle, folded up in a bag (which gives you some idea of how thin it was).

There were a few sizes available, each large enough to cover an entire bathroom floor. The homeowner had to cut out notches for their fixtures. Then they just laid it over the floor. Yes, it was a tripping hazard as well as a germ-breeder! 

Not to say that there aren't other ways people carpet a bathroom, but that's what I think of when I picture a "carpeted" bathroom.

Now a carpeted shower, as far as I know, only exists in this ad:

Spoiler

Edited by thoughtful
found 'em!
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 7

pook
Posted (edited)

Warning:  Wine on board and packing up for the prayer closet.  Hi Jill!  Your decorating skills are, putting it quite nicely, sub par.  I will be thinking of you tomorrow when I dye my hair red and the carpet no longer matches the drapes.

Edited by pook
riffles