IGNORED

Moscow Mitch McConnell

fraurosena

At @Howls suggestion, this is a separate thread to discuss the nefarious, unpatriotic and treacherous #MoscowMitch the Russian asset.

Here he is being heckled in his home state of Kentucky...

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

The words of a hypocrite.

• Upvote 10

This came across my FB feed.  I heard he hates the name - so I'm all for it!

Spoiler

1395164672_ScreenShot2019-08-04at9_16_10AM.png.72b21996030fadec5286a4489d51accb.png

• Upvote 13

How fitting. 

• Upvote 9

Karma's a bitch.

Mitch McConnell fractures shoulder after falling at Kentucky home

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has fractured his shoulder after falling at his Kentucky home, his spokesperson said in a statement Sunday. The 77-year-old McConnell has been treated and released from the hospital and is working from his home in Louisville.

The big picture: The injury comes as a number of Democrats and some Republicans have called upon McConnell to cancel the Senate's August recess so that lawmakers can pass gun control legislation in the aftermath of two deadly mass shootings this weekend. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi demanded on Sunday that Senate Republicans put an end to to their "outrageous obstruction," referencing McConnell's refusal to bring two background check bills passed in the House this year for a vote on the Senate floor.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, What the Fundie said:

I hope he gets a superbug and his arm rots off. Then he gets a cardiac infection and he dies.

Or maybe a chef could see him and decide to make turtle soup. Top Chef did film in Kentucky last year...

Please pardon me and my bad humor. I've been wrestling with creating a resume and cover letter for a job I really want, but it is a career change, and I'm afraid I won't be qualified enough.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, What the Fundie said:

I hope he gets a superbug and his arm rots off. Then he gets a cardiac infection and he dies.

You don't like him, do you?

• Haha 11

7 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Please pardon me and my bad humor. I've been wrestling with creating a resume and cover letter for a job I really want, but it is a career change, and I'm afraid I won't be qualified enough.

Hugs, dear.  That can't be fun, but we here at fj think you're awesome, so rock that resume! 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

You can do it! I changed careers and it was one of the best things I've ever done.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Or maybe a chef could see him and decide to make turtle soup. Top Chef did film in Kentucky last year...

Adding my well-wishes to those of the others and hope you smash it. Qualifications are more than just your experience and schooling. A huge part is made up of your character and ethics. If you can, try and incorporate them in your cover letter, it just might get you over the edge. 

If you believe you can do it, then you've got this!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Spoiler

Russia’s little gremlin, a rigor mortis tortoise... This gave me a chuckle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

On 8/6/2019 at 9:52 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.cd8f5c2922e5493d0f01ed2b0311ef6c.png

Boys will be boys? Seriously?

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 4

"Twitter freezes McConnell campaign account for posting video of protester’s violent threats"

Spoiler

Twitter locked Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s campaign account from further activity Wednesday as punishment for its sharing of a video of protesters screaming obscenities outside the Kentucky Republican’s home.

The social media company will not unlock @TeamMitch unless it agrees to remove the video.

McConnell’s campaign confirmed to The Washington Post that its account was suspended. The Courier-Journal first reported the story.

“This morning, Twitter locked our account for posting the video of real-world, violent threats made against Mitch McConnell. This is a problem with the speech police in America today,” Kevin Golden, McConnell’s campaign manager, said in a statement.

The video shows a group of protesters gathered outside McConnell’s Louisville home on Monday. A woman, identified by the Courier-Journal as Black Lives Matter Louisville leader Chanelle Helm, is heard on the video mocking McConnell’s recent shoulder injury and saying he “should have broken his little, raggedy, wrinkled-ass neck.”

She then yells, “Just stab the m----- f----- in the heart, please.” Someone also yells, “Die!”

Golden criticized Twitter for having contradictory standards.

“Twitter will allow the words of ‘Massacre Mitch’ to trend nationally on their platform, but locks our account for posting actual threats against us,” Golden added. “We appealed and Twitter stood by their decision, saying our account will remain locked until we delete the video.”

In the wake of two back-to-back mass shootings in Texas and Ohio over the weekend, the hashtag “#MassacreMitch” name caught fire on Twitter with critics blaming McConnell for blocking stricter gun laws.

A Twitter spokesperson also confirmed the campaign account was locked.

“The user was temporarily locked out of their account for a Tweet that violated our violent threats policy, specifically threats involving physical safety,” the spokesperson said in an email.

The social media company’s rules state that a tweet “may not threaten violence against an individual or a group of people.”

The last tweets on @TeamMitch’s page are related to the incident, but the video itself has been hidden from the public until the matter is resolved.

“These threats go far beyond a political cartoon or a broken shoulder,” the account wrote on Tuesday, “they are serious calls to physical violence and we’ve alerted law enforcement.”

• Upvote 4

just came here to share the same thing.  I'm frankly surprised.  Maybe someone at Twitter doesn't really care for #moscowmitch and his ilk? 

• Upvote 3