IGNORED

"The Unsullied" Unmarried Fundies 7

Bethella

Looks like one of the Hale males got married today...

04939F1F-9191-4B0F-91BA-9B59EAFF19D7.jpeg

It’s Job Hale and Bethany McGraw.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 6

Oh look, use of and hoarding of masks that healthcare workers need.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Oh look, use of and hoarding of masks that healthcare workers need.

Masks which very unlikely did a damn bit of good for those with beards - of which I see at least 3. 

And, really? They couldn't postpone? This is a fundie wedding - I'm doubting they had venues to cancel and caterers to put off. This wedding was probably planned in a matter of 3 months with the older women making vats of food in advance. 

They couldn't postpone at all? Do it at the courthouse or something for now and have their "wedding" later? 

The bridal party doesn't even look happy to be there. Granted, we can't see their mouths to see if they're smiling, but most of them aren't even looking at the newly kissing couple.

My niece's wedding is planned for June 27. There is a lot of back & forth right now about whether it will happen or not. She will, of course, be crushed if it doesn't. But, one thing she would not to is go ahead and just have everyone wear masks. It's either all on or all off. Of course, she's been engaged since last summer, she & her fiance live together in a house they bought together around the same time they got engaged - so they won't burn their souls waiting for the wedding wanting to kiss/touch/have sex/start their lives. 

Grrr. The more I even think about this and ramble type, the angrier I get. WTF is wrong with these people? 

• Upvote 8

They look like they are social distancing everything except their faces.  Do they usually stand that far apart?

• Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Masks which very unlikely did a damn bit of good for those with beards - of which I see at least 3. 

And, really? They couldn't postpone? This is a fundie wedding - I'm doubting they had venues to cancel and caterers to put off. This wedding was probably planned in a matter of 3 months with the older women making vats of food in advance. 

They couldn't postpone at all? Do it at the courthouse or something for now and have their "wedding" later? 

The bridal party doesn't even look happy to be there. Granted, we can't see their mouths to see if they're smiling, but most of them aren't even looking at the newly kissing couple.

My niece's wedding is planned for June 27. There is a lot of back & forth right now about whether it will happen or not. She will, of course, be crushed if it doesn't. But, one thing she would not to is go ahead and just have everyone wear masks. It's either all on or all off. Of course, she's been engaged since last summer, she & her fiance live together in a house they bought together around the same time they got engaged - so they won't burn their souls waiting for the wedding wanting to kiss/touch/have sex/start their lives. 

Grrr. The more I even think about this and ramble type, the angrier I get. WTF is wrong with these people? 

They are in Alaska. I don’t know this, but I bet Alaska is behind a lot of States when it comes to social distancing. According to Sharia Hale, they did this just for the picture. I don’t believe they wore the masks the whole time.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are in Alaska. I don’t know this, but I bet Alaska is behind a lot of States when it comes to social distancing. According to Sharia Hale, they did this just for the picture. I don’t believe they wore the masks the whole time.

What a relief! I'm so glad that they ruined these masks for a quick picture instead of getting any actual extended good from them.

Though I'll admit, it's nice seeing a whole room of  fundies muzzled.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

So, they didn't put masks on to stay safe for a wedding they could have canceled. They put them on for a joke? Um, neither is better than the other. Considering hospitals are short of supplies at a frightening level, they wasted several masks that could have been used by healthcare professionals to help save lives. 

Fundies are very selfish as well as very ignorant.

• Upvote 16

Not surprised in the least. Demented people do demented things. Imagine, years from now, reminiscing about your wedding day, and all the pictures are full of ignorant attempts at "humor" and idiocy. Such a dream! Then again, the hate it takes to be part of that place means I wish you nothing better. 

• Upvote 8

Given that the wedding hashtag was convid-19 and not covid-19, I’m going to assume a real lack of awareness here. Unfortunately for them, you don’t have to be well-informed to spread a virus. Actually, being an ill-informed moron who doesn’t take any precautions would make you more likely to spread it.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, LaughingDonuts said:

Unfortunately for them, you don’t have to be well-informed to spread a virus. 

Unfortunately for us, fundies ARE a virus.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Based on Campbell’s ig, Willie Roberts and Claire Finnie got married today. It looked like a very small, simple ceremony. My guess is they’re making it official in the US before their September wedding in Scotland. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

17 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Based on Campbell’s ig, Willie Roberts and Claire Finnie got married today. It looked like a very small, simple ceremony. My guess is they’re making it official in the US before their September wedding in Scotland. 

They legit did as good of a job of having a quicky wedding as they possibly could have, under the current circumstances. Outdoor wedding with only a couple of witnesses, and by deliberate choice or just happenstance they picked two people who don't have small children or elderly people in their home. No misguided and wasteful "lol facemask" photo op, and they ate at an outdoor area of a restaurant afterwards. I'm not sure where in Georgia they married (or even if it was in GA), but there are a lot of dine-in restaurants still open in the state thanks to a few elected officials who feel that public health measures are "hysteria". So it's possible that this was a deliberate choice as well.

I will nourish the tiny flame of hope that Willie and Claire have more common sense than some of their in-laws.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

They legit did as good of a job of having a quicky wedding as they possibly could have, under the current circumstances

I agree, it looks like they did everything right. My area is probably under more serious lockdown than wherever they are, but small (>10 people) weddings are still allowed. 

It's understandable that people are disappointed about having to cancel their dream weddings right now, but I commend anyone who's willing to cheerfully adjust for the sake of the greater good. And my guess is that stories like this will sound awfully romantic in 20 years' time.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

And my guess is that stories like this will sound awfully romantic in 20 years' time.

There's a good challenge for any disappointed soon-to-be brides: Write about your wedding woes and wedding story in the style of Lucy Maud Montgomery. Anne would have you convinced that it's wonderfully serendipitous that the pandemic happened because otherwise you'd be stuck with such a normal, vapid affair opposed to the hopelessly tragical occasion that's occurring instead.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I am postponing my wedding which was supposed to be in on May 14th. Here in the Netherlands all weddings until 1st of June are cancelled.
But since my dad was admitted in the hospital last night with corona, I really don't care when it will be as long as my dad will be there.
I wish your dad a speedy recovery.

Here in Italy some people still try to perform illegally weddings and funerals with audience. I just can't...
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I am postponing my wedding which was supposed to be in on May 14th. Here in the Netherlands all weddings until 1st of June are cancelled.

But since my dad was admitted in the hospital last night with corona, I really don't care when it will be as long as my dad will be there.

I am sorry your father is sick and I too hope he will be at your wedding. 

• Upvote 7

I just got the news that my dad is stable and eating ?

Still on breathing support but this makes me happy.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 40

And now Sarah Mally and her webcam for her May 2 wedding seems - sane & normal.

• Upvote 5

Tabitha Jeub is engaged to Nathan Sleeger. They plan a summer wedding but who knows if that will happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Anna Mieczkowski and Nathan Spix wedding website says they’re getting married on may 30th. Don’t know if it’s actually going to happen that day

https://www.theknot.com/us/nathan-spix-and-anna-mieczkowski-may-2020-abb1eb6a-fa8f-4afa-8add-c2f51b007453

Courtney Green and Daniel Widner’s wedding website says December 12th

https://www.theknot.com/us/courtney-green-and-daniel-widner-dec-2020

• Thank You 1

I just got the news that my dad is stable and eating [emoji846]
Still on breathing support but this makes me happy.

Yess! So happy for you!!! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]
  • Upvote 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic