Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Bethella

"The Unsullied" Unmarried Fundies 7

Recommended Posts

JermajestyDuggar
8 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The Staddons are good friends with the Wilkes and Stelzl family as well. Both families both had active blogs. I believe the Wilkes have one and the Stelzl's have two or three eligible daughters. 

I think the Wilkes blog is dead now though. I don’t think they’ve updated in a few years. I wish they would since they now have two sons engaged to sisters. But at least the Neelys update their blog. So if there’s a double wedding, we will see some pictures.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NancyDrewFan1989
8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the Wilkes blog is dead now though. I don’t think they’ve updated in a few years. I wish they would since they now have two sons engaged to sisters. But at least the Neelys update their blog. So if there’s a double wedding, we will see some pictures.

Who are the Wilkes sons engaged to? 

Update: I just went to the Neely's blog. I see the two sisters are Jessica and Susanna Neely. 

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NancyDrewFan1989
On 10/15/2019 at 5:20 PM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Do we know the ages of the Neely kids? Susanna looks extremely young. .

Susanna is 20 and Jessica, I believe, is 26. 

On 10/16/2019 at 9:06 PM, usedbicycle said:

Oh man, I always had a feeling Jessica would marry James Staddon, the Lenspiration guy. I remember her being big into photography.

The (tiny) pool of acceptable girls for the Staddons is dwindling fast. Poor Staddons... I foresee a house full of unmarried grownups for them. 

I always thought the same to for Jessica marrying James Staddon. However, the two youngest Staddons Jonathan (born 1992) and David (born 1996) are close in age to Victoria (born 1996) and Lauren Neely (born between 2000-2002). Given the Neely marriage track record it wouldn't shock me if the Neelys have another Staddon in-law through Victoria and/or Lauren. 

But, I do foresee both Donald and Esther living at home long term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NancyDrewFan1989

To me the biggest different between the double Neely and Wilkes engagement compared to the double Bontrager and Bowers is each family did separate posts for them. Yes, the Bontragers and Bowers had a double wedding at the end. But, at least the Bons and Bowers gave each of their children their own announcement, post, and photo shoot. The Neely's didn't even include the names the Daniel and Adam Wilkes in their post, let alone Jessica and Susanna's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
byzant
On 8/19/2019 at 9:35 AM, CarrotCake said:

I am not native and it took me a while before I realized what the name is supposed to say, I just read it as a heist-away.

I am a first language English speaker and I have also been reading it as heist ect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

To me the biggest different between the double Neely and Wilkes engagement compared to the double Bontrager and Bowers is each family did separate posts for them. Yes, the Bontragers and Bowers had a double wedding at the end. But, at least the Bons and Bowers gave each of their children their own announcement, post, and photo shoot. The Neely's didn't even include the names the Daniel and Adam Wilkes in their post, let alone Jessica and Susanna's.

I think they actually got engaged at the same time! If you look at the photos, it really looks like it. But Carson and Joshua proposed to their girlfriends separately. So that’s probably why they got separate posts. If they had gotten engaged at the same time/place, I bet they would have made a shared post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
JMO

What wedding are Josie and Trace Bates at this weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Jedi Willis and his girlfriend, Lainey, are now engaged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
59 minutes ago, JMO said:

What wedding are Josie and Trace Bates at this weekend?

Their good friends from Crown College.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NancyDrewFan1989
3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they actually got engaged at the same time! If you look at the photos, it really looks like it. But Carson and Joshua proposed to their girlfriends separately. So that’s probably why they got separate posts. If they had gotten engaged at the same time/place, I bet they would have made a shared post.

I didn't realize that until now. I just don't understand why the Neely's couldn't do two separate posts to honor both of their daughter's engagements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
8 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I didn't realize that until now. I just don't understand why the Neely's couldn't do two separate posts to honor both of their daughter's engagements. 

I actually think getting engaged at the same time is incredibly strange. But when we got engaged, it was extremely private. No one was around at all. And that’s exactly how I wanted it. But fundies aren’t allowed those private moments a lot of the time. Because a chaperone is forced on them. It just makes me sad for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NancyDrewFan1989
4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I actually think getting engaged at the same time is incredibly strange. But when we got engaged, it was extremely private. No one was around at all. And that’s exactly how I wanted it. But fundies aren’t allowed those private moments a lot of the time. Because a chaperone is forced on them. It just makes me sad for them. 

True. The whole chaperone being there just adds to the control and lack of trust the parents have in their children. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
browngrl

I just went to the Neely family website. Are the two men photoshopped into the first picture?  If they are not photoshopped in then they it is even weirder because their post is one I'd expect to see on a fundie work site NOT an engagement picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mari2

The Stelzl family hasn't been presenters at FEW for a good while.  Not sure if they still hang with the Staddons.  One of their daughters married this past spring to a guy who was her team mate.  I follow her on Instagram and she seems uber happy in her marriage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teachergirl

I follow her too and they do seem very happy...she also runs a little store with soaps and things so not sitting at home doing nothing while her hubby goes to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
36 minutes ago, Mari2 said:

The Stelzl family hasn't been presenters at FEW for a good while.  Not sure if they still hang with the Staddons.  One of their daughters married this past spring to a guy who was her team mate.  I follow her on Instagram and she seems uber happy in her marriage.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a pregnancy announcement yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Triplet3

Oliver Alexander’s wedding wasn’t this year - it was on 13th May 2018.

Edited by Triplet3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ivycoveredtower

It seems Ethan Stewart is getting to know a new girl named Grace Hadden from what I can glean from their instagrams

 This will be his second relationship this year around easter he was seeing another girl they did not seem to last long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

It seems Ethan Stewart is getting to know a new girl named Grace Hadden from what I can glean from their instagrams

 This will be his second relationship this year around easter he was seeing another girl they did not seem to last long

I think some fundies are tossing the courtship model that Harris pushed and are now doing something closer to dating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AliC

This is why I shouldn't check FJ when I've just woken up. I saw Ethan Stewart, read it as Evan Stewart and thought we had a juicy public affair happening in Fundieland. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
justmy2cents
2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

It seems Ethan Stewart is getting to know a new girl named Grace Hadden from what I can glean from their instagrams

 This will be his second relationship this year around easter he was seeing another girl they did not seem to last long

Did the Stewarts ever follow the courtship model? Evan did but that was because the Bates do. Same with Kelton and Bobby’s families. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977
3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Did the Stewarts ever follow the courtship model? Evan did but that was because the Bates do. Same with Kelton and Bobby’s families. 

There’s an episode where they’re playing golf with the Stewart family and Evan’s sister Brittany said that she was in a courtship with her husband for 2 years. So they do courtships but they have pretty long ones. I definitely think it was his family that pushed for their courtship + engagement to be longer

Edited by VBOY9977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ivycoveredtower
3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Did the Stewarts ever follow the courtship model? Evan did but that was because the Bates do. Same with Kelton and Bobby’s families. 

I am actually not sure I know Kaitlyn. Was with someone during high school because she mentioned that they came to graduation and she  had to decide to marry ornsplit up with him  so it does sound like their relationships are for the purpose of marriage but much isn't really known about the Stewart's dating history. 

Edited by Ivycoveredtower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
justmy2cents
7 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

There’s an episode where they’re playing golf with the Stewart family and Evan’s sister Brittany said that she was in a courtship with her husband for 2 years. So they do courtships but they have pretty long ones. I definitely think it was his family that pushed for their courtship + engagement to be longer

 

6 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I am actually not sure I know Kaitlyn. Was with someone during high school because she mentioned that they came to graduation and she  had to decide to marry ornsplit up with him  so it does sound like their relationships are for the purpose of marriage but much isn't really known about the Stewart's dating history. 

Thanks. I haven’t watched the show in close to 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NancyDrewFan1989

Stelzl family still tends to hang around with the Staddons. Kathryn Staddon was in Sarah Stelzl wedding and there are a few photos of the families hanging out on the Neely and Staddon blogs. 

The Stelzls have two daughters who are courtship age Bethany (22) and Hannah (26). Also, they have a son David who is 24 or 25. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a Staddon Stelzl union. I believe the Stelzl's have a few sons who are too young for courtship close in age to the younger Neely daughters Hannah and Beth. So, there is a chance there will be a Neely Stelzl marriage in a few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.