IGNORED

"The Unsullied" Unmarried Fundies 7

Bethella

Do we keep track of the roloffs on this list? If we do, Jacob married his girlfriend Izzy on saturday.

4 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Do we keep track of the roloffs on this list? If we do, Jacob married his girlfriend Izzy on saturday.

The only ones on the married list are Molly and Joel but we've kept track of Audrey and Tori's pregnancies, so we might as well add Jacob and Izzy. 

Not really an update since we all knew it was true, but Trace officially announced with a magazine article that he and Chaney Grace Kahle are dating. So in Bates terms I’m assuming that’s courting but with all of their different terms, who knows. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

According to the article they were "getting to know" each other for the past 8 months so I'd say yes they are now courting. Of course, as its the Bateses, he may later have a courtship proposal that seems like an engagement. I can imagine Chaney thinking he's proposing and then being like..."oh courting? Oh yeah, I thought we were already doing that..." It's not like heart pieces aren't already involved! 

In fact, Duggar Data did an article about this. (They also think an official courtship will come later). For the Bateses, before Carlin and Josie's complete data, the average Bates had a "special friends/pre-courtship" stage of 309 days (then 236 day courtship, then 105 day engagement) vs the Duggar pre-courtship stage of 154 days. 

So Trace and Chaney's pre-courtship started 8 months ago on the ski trip, and according to the stats, they should be officially courting in a few months.

https://duggardata.tumblr.com/post/173015840567/how-long-does-it-typically-take-to-go

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

Maybe he'll be the first of the Duggar-Bates to put an end to this nonsense and go straight from dating to engagement. The courtship is useless at this point. It's just a gimmick to claim that they're still part of the purity culture, but basically useless. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8

On 9/12/2019 at 3:19 PM, Dandruff said:

I'd like to see one of them elope without warning.

I could see Nathan doing something like that and framing it as an anti-government type deal.

I feel like Nathan would fit in well with the Mortons. If Addie's current interest doesn't workout, maybe he should consider it.

• Upvote 3

Trace Bates announcing he is dating rather than courting gives me hope for him and Chaney. He seems to have rebelled against the Bates's standards in the past, like posting a fundie scandalous photo of him at a lake shirtless. Trace and Chaney do come off as fundie; but their different route by "dating" can make them more mainstream and open their eyes to the sheltered Bates world.

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Trace Bates announcing he is dating rather than courting gives me hope for him and Chaney. He seems to have rebelled against the Bates's standards in the past, like posting a fundie scandalous photo of him at a lake shirtless. Trace and Chaney do come off as fundie; but their different route by "dating" can make them more mainstream and open their eyes to the sheltered Bates world.

I think they've all dated, then courted so it's not really any different. Courtship for them seems to be more about pre-wedding planning then any actual difference

ETA: If Nathan scared off all the Roberts ladies, even Daisy then I doubt he's got a lot of options left - even the Mortons have standards and he seems more jerk then the rest. 

Edited by lexiloumarie
  • Upvote 6

6 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I think they've all dated, then courted so it's not really any different. Courtship for them seems to be more about pre-wedding planning then any actual difference

ETA: If Nathan scared off all the Roberts ladies, even Daisy then I doubt he's got a lot of options left - even the Mortons have standards and he seems more jerk then the rest. 

I’m pretty much positive he will find some meek fundie girl that will swoon at any kind of attention from a Bates. I’m thinking an Anna Duggar type.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Rebecca Keilen just married, and her older sister Angela is currently engaged. Alison, Craig, Cara, Christy-Ann and Amber are still single.  Shouldnt their appear on the list of single fundies?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, llucie said:

Rebecca Keilen just married, and her older sister Angela is currently engaged. Alison, Craig, Cara, Christy-Ann and Amber are still single.  Shouldnt their appear on the list of single fundies?

They are an interesting group because there were so many older single people in that family and suddenly they are marrying off. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are an interesting group because there were so many older single people in that family and suddenly they are marrying off. 

Also at least 3 of them worked for IBLP, so pretty involved in the organization but still remaining very private compared with other families.

• Upvote 2

I came across the oldest Keilen granddaughter Kensington's public Instagram today. She is 18 and appears to live a pretty typical teenage life. She graduated from public high school this year and it appears that she may be starting at Boston University this fall if I'm not misinterpreting things.

Either way, I'm very happy that RJ's kids do not seems to be caught in IBLP's clutches.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, JillyO said:

I came across the oldest Keilen granddaughter Kensington's public Instagram today. She is 18 and appears to live a pretty typical teenage life. She graduated from public high school this year and it appears that she may be starting at Boston University this fall if I'm not misinterpreting things.

Either way, I'm very happy that RJ's kids do not seems to be caught in IBLP's clutches.

Her mother is a Dauer (the Dauers are friends with the Duggars). It seems to me the Dauers raised their older children pretty mainstream and didn’t mix with the fundies until later on. And that’s why their youngest kid, Cooper Dauer, seems to be friends with some of the fundies. 

• Thank You 1

On 9/14/2019 at 3:00 PM, lexiloumarie said:

Yes, but Trace and Chaney seem to not be taking the bat shit crazy route other fundies have like Josh and Anna Duggar and Daniel and Kathryn Staddon. Trace's take on his courtship with Chaney doesn't seem to be as crazy restrictive. I remember Erin saying she wouldn't hold Chad's hand, while Michael would have no problem hugging Brandon but restricted hand holding. Plus, I don't think too many fundie families who are followers of him were pleased with the shirtless photos he posted of himself. Trace seems to be forging his own path. 

• Upvote 1

are we considering Katie Bates in a relationship since Gil did mention she's getting to know someone in thursday's live video and she's been posting lost of insta stories with a boy named Travis Clark. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

are we considering Katie Bates in a relationship since Gil did mention she's getting to know someone in thursday's live video and she's been posting lost of insta stories with a boy named Travis Clark. 

Sure, now that they’ve mentioned it.

• Upvote 5

Michelle Seewald has a public ig now and seems to be seeing someone named Elijah Barger (just saw this is actually already on the list but I'll leave it up to link to her new Ig)

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
saw it was already on the list
  • Upvote 2

I just posted a copy of the newsletter over in the Mally thread - but Grace is getting married to Josiah Moffit  Looks like Nov 2 is the date.

image.thumb.png.d08a65d95e0313035620d3ae4ba41ca2.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

48 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I just posted a copy of the newsletter over in the Mally thread - but Grace is getting married to Josiah Moffit  Looks like Nov 2 is the date.

Omg they were engaged and then broke it off at one point! Now it’s back on?!

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

22 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Michelle Seewald has a public ig now and seems to be seeing someone named Elijah Barger (just saw this is actually already on the list but I'll leave it up to link to her new Ig)

Michelle Alaine 2020 sounds like she's running for president. :wink-kitty:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Lol I think it’s her graduation year. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, JillyO said:

honestly I was almost wondering if the Seewald plan to marry Michelle off next year. 

• Upvote 4

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic