IGNORED

I... think I've found something more disgusting than TTC

clibbyjo

I e-mailed one of our fundie bloggers a recipe today and got a return e-mail just now. I am told they will be trying it this week and give it reviews. I don't want to say their name just in case they give me a shout out on their blog using my real name,but if they just say "a reader", I will be sure to brag. :clap:

The return e-mail was very enthusiastic with an "oh me,oh my!" thrown in for extra excitement. :dance:

Please, oh, Please tell me the recipe is not for something like this.

http://www.recipesource.com/main-dishes ... c0004.html

Link is for French Fry Spam Casserole. I should try sending it to the Duggars.

Edited to add:

I've been waiting for the appropriate thread to share that recipe. Yikes.

I think Sandra Lee would love that recipe.

• 1 month later...

food.com/recipe/french-fry-spam-casserole-149766

french fry, spam casserole....

I WAS hungry, and now I'm not. I don't think I will ever be hungry ever again.

I once saw this special "cooking" show on tv. The goal of the show was to make an entire meal - appetizers, mains & sides, AND dessert using spam as one of the ingredients. I do remember throwing up a tinsy bit in my mouth & had to change channels...so I don't know how it all ended.

*Barf*

Why oh why would someone come up with such a travesty as french fry and spam casserole?

I lost part of my romanticized view of the state of Hawaii when I learned that Hawaii has the highest per-capita consumption of SPAM in the world. :-(

Hawaiians are obssessed with spam. My cousin has album on her facebook about being a foodie and nearly half of the stuff she posts is spam related. One of my biggest dislikes about hanging out with the Hawaiian side of my family is that eventually somebody is going to break out the spam--guaranteed. When I went to high school there, there was usually always one menu iteam in the cafeteria involving spam--one haole meal option, one asian meal option, and one spam "Hawaiian" option.

Guest Anonymous

I thought this thread was going to be about 'trying to conceive' and wondered which of our fundie bloggers finds it disgusting. :lol:

The Spam sushi is called "spam musubi" and is a Hawaiian thing. I am so glad that I have a sensitivity to nitrates so I have an excuse to stay away from spam.

I saw a photo on facebook of a sushi menu that had Spam sushi. And were charging like 5$ a roll for it!

Not quite sushi but there' spam musubi:

scaled.php?server=838&filename=spamresu.jpg&res=medium

(ignore the snarky text, it's an image macro made to snark on someone's message as being spam)

Archived