IGNORED

Wifely Submission, but Secular...

Soldier of the One

If I became submissive and reverted to gender roles, we'd be living in a van by river. My husband (sorry, I despise the use of "DH," etc.) has never really needed to learn how to use a computer; he's a chef. He can surf, but although I've set up email and facebook accounts for him, he doesn't really know how to use them. He's only learned how to post on message boards in the last couple of years and still gets a rush when his posts (mostly on Italian soccer sites) are well-received. But the dude types with his index fingers. It's hilarious and painful at the same time to watch him. I've switched over most of the bill paying to auto-pay and it's saved me a ton of time. I just check the bank accounts every few days to make sure no one has raided them. :mrgreen: At any rate, the rent has been paid on time ever since we co-mingled accounts 18 years ago and nary a check or auto-withdrawal has bounced.

).

He cooks more at home when I'm stuck with a ton of work from school (both teaching and in grad school classes at this point); it took him years to understand that reading for school was actually WORK. Unfortunately, I still am stuck with laundry because I don't dry a lot of my tops so as to keep them longer (not to mention, they can SHRINK and I stay the same). I tried putting the non-dry stuff in a bag for him, but when he had to make lists, I knew I had to relieve him of that chore.

Don't get me started about the vacuuming. We have a bag-free device and he STILL won't use it. Other than the dustbuster, which I implored him to use more frequently not 2 hours ago, this place won't get vacuumed until Veteran's Day at the earliest (it's my next day off).

At least he does the dishes, takes out the garbage, cleans the cat boxes and, for now, is the sole supporter (my teaching "salary" is nominal and pretty much goes back into research...the school I'm in sure as hell can't pay me).

So, I guess the only way I conform is in that we are living comfortably off his sole income and that I do laundry and vacuum.

Oops! :dance:

Archived