IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 11: Bro likes his food

samurai_sarah

15 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Words.  Bro Gary words.  

Hide contents

9FFD8414-0E87-4FA0-B711-2D8759C1822D.jpeg.ab27ac9ec822f3d9218cfa9178964b9e.jpeg

Hello my brothers and sisters! Who agrees with me? We should be in the center of God's will, not our own.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On 8/1/2019 at 6:22 PM, Briefly said:

Because there have been more than a few break-ins by people who ring and then bust the door down when they don't get an answer, we always go to the door.

I'm aware that this can be a way of casing homes. I live in a very low crime area and my home is in a highly visible spot with nosy neighbors all around. Strange vehicles are absolutely noticed and watched. I look out my upstairs window or peephole to see if I recognize whoever is violating my privacy. I may call the police depending upon how obnoxious they are. We also usually leave a teevee on when not at home. I'm also usually braless at home and cannot just "bounce" up and swing the door open, LOL, my girls are big. 

• Upvote 7

On 8/1/2019 at 8:28 AM, SilverBeach said:

I will buy this. I do not answer the door when I'm not expecting anyone and cuss when, upon getting no response to the dooebell, folks beat on my door! Makes me livid!

I don't answer the door, either, if I'm not expecting anyone! My family knows this and knows to call first so if someone is at my door unexpectedly I don't open the door. I don't do it to be rude but for the safety of my daughters and myself. If my husband is home, he will answer the door but not my girls or me. Too easy for someone to force their way inside to harm us. 

I'm oddly happy to find out I'm not the only one who does this. 

ETA: After I posted this I read about it being a way to see if anyone is home for burglary. It's obvious I'm home. Curtains open, at least one car in the driveway, if my girls are home, two cars, and a few times I've had very determined knocking. I will tell them through the door that I don't open the door to strangers and will call the police if they don't leave. I haven't had to say this often but it's happened a couple times in the past. One time a van broke down on side of my house (my house is on the corner of the street) and there were two people living in the van! They were there for days, making a lot of noise, and constantly banged on my door and tried to talk to me by yelling through the door. I called the police after the first night because my husband was out of town working, they were obnoxious and I was honestly afraid. The police officer explained to me they had broken down but said they had someone coming to help them the following day. (It was actually two days later) He spoke with them and told them to stay off my property and if they weren't gone within 24 hours he would have their van towed. (I didn't call them police again because they did stop banging on my door and were quiet from then.) My husband came home during this time and the couple living in the van actually complained to him that I wouldn't answer the door! Apparently, they wanted to ask if they could use my phone and bathroom for a few days! 

2nd ETA: This happened before my girls were born. I'm not sure I would have let them stay if I had children to consider. Maybe I would have done the same as long as they stayed off my property and were quiet. They were obviously down on their luck and my intent was not to cause them more grief, I called the police because they continued to bang on my door so hard I thought they would damage it and screamed at me to "open the fucking door." 

Edited by Conundrum
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 7

On 8/2/2019 at 6:25 PM, potato said:

I saw a tweet about this and immediately thought of Bro Gary.  Introducing a ween ice cream sandwich!

Blearghhhh—there’s so much wrong with that, I don’t even know where to start. Actually, I do; does it look like half mustard/half chocolate chip or cookie dough ice cream on shortbread cookies to anyone else but me? (A sentence that never should have been written, but there it is.) ?

Edited by Lillymuffin
  • Upvote 6

There's just something about the phrases "candied hot dog bits" and "spicy dijon gelato" that I find very off-putting. And I tried the Sonic pickle juice slush (and liked it in a very weird way).EA5bvUBXUAUOw8m.jpeg.jpg.61334bbc5c3101e95191d1a85e1ee121.jpg

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
Punctuation
  • Upvote 2
  • Disgust 10

Today at the Louisiana Restaurant Association Food and Hospitality Expo I saw a vendor with meat straws.  Like a Slim Jim with a hole.  They were using them as straws in the Tabasco Bloody Marys.  It was a bit weird.  Bro would love something like that I'm sure.

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2019 at 11:47 AM, Conundrum said:

I don't do it to be rude

It's not rude to ignore uninvitied guests. Not in this day and ag of ubquitous cell phones. It's actually rude to show up at someone's home without calling first.

Apparently, they wanted to ask if they could use my phone and bathroom for a few days! 

Uh, no, my home isn't the Holiday Inn.

They were obviously down on their luck and my intent was not to cause them more grief, I called the police because they continued to bang on my door so hard I thought they would damage it and screamed at me to "open the fucking door." 

These jerks deserved whatever grief you could dole out. The absolute nerve! You did the right thing by callingthe police. In my village, no way would they have been allowed to live in a broken down vehicle like that. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Bro is praying to have a good time in the Lord. 

Gary.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2019 at 5:34 PM, wallysmommy said:

Today at the Louisiana Restaurant Association Food and Hospitality Expo I saw a vendor with meat straws.  Like a Slim Jim with a hole.  They were using them as straws in the Tabasco Bloody Marys.  It was a bit weird.  Bro would love something like that I'm sure.

For a Bloody Mary, I'd love it! 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Bro is praying to have a good time in the Lord. 

Gary.png

Damn.  That’s not too far from me.

*shudder*

• Upvote 4

Ok folks.  Here is their latest newsletter.  It has been obvious that Becky writes these or at least cleans them up (for some reason I get the impression it is the latter).  Still trying to grift.  $ for the bus or to buy a 5th wheel!

ECDC0051-ED52-49D3-B33B-A8B187611100.thumb.jpeg.d2fb384fa094666517241d3e624ac750.jpeg77107A35-391E-4F1A-BDD7-FCACC40EA6ED.thumb.jpeg.d27ffa13ffa479427a8d0dbe291a73da.jpeg

• Thank You 13

1 hour ago, keepercjr said:

Ok folks.  Here is their latest newsletter.  It has been obvious that Becky writes these or at least cleans them up (for some reason I get the impression it is the latter).  Still trying to grift.  $ for the bus or to buy a 5th wheel!

Yeah...I'd say he had help, though not enough of it.  One would think that a grifting evangelist would at least be able to spell "tracts".  The grifting words were spelled OK though.

• Upvote 9

@keepercjr they're headed out west! If they come anywhere around here we have to go see them!

I live in the maintains (mountains) and people are constantly selling old RVs and 5th wheels. Every time I see one posted in our group I think of Bro, but the people selling them expect actual cash in return. There's a thrift store in the city that also sells cars and that's where I bought my new-to-me car. They have an old, old RV for sale there super cheap and every time I see it I think of Bro and his old broken down rig and how if they had jobs, they could probably afford to buy it.

• Upvote 5

I am totally down to go see the Bro. Hawkins freak show in person @PumaLover. I wonder how far out west he is going?  Someone with a local church hookup need to invite him to preach.

Edited by keepercjr
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Yeah...I'd say he had help, though not enough of it.  One would think that a grifting evangelist would at least be able to spell "tracts".  The grifting words were spelled OK though.

I would hope that someone who used to be a nurse would have a better grasp of the written word...she had to be smart enough at some point. Did brohawk make her intelligence go away when he courted her? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

Did brohawk make her intelligence go away when he courted her? 

I think it needed to be gone by the time she agreed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 9

Does anyone know if Becky was a Registered Nurse or a Practical Nurse?  Big difference, I do believe Abby Dugger is a Practical Nurse, could be wrong though.

• Upvote 2

On 8/8/2019 at 4:41 PM, keepercjr said:

ECDC0051-ED52-49D3-B33B-A8B187611100.thumb.jpeg.d2fb384fa094666517241d3e624ac750.jpeg77107A35-391E-4F1A-BDD7-FCACC40EA6ED.thumb.jpeg.d27ffa13ffa479427a8d0dbe291a73da.jpeg

I see he got custody of the exclamation marks!

• Haha 10
  • Thank You 1

On 8/8/2019 at 10:49 AM, PumaLover said:

@keepercjr they're headed out west! If they come anywhere around here we have to go see them!

I live in the maintains (mountains) and people are constantly selling old RVs and 5th wheels. Every time I see one posted in our group I think of Bro, but the people selling them expect actual cash in return. There's a thrift store in the city that also sells cars and that's where I bought my new-to-me car. They have an old, old RV for sale there super cheap and every time I see it I think of Bro and his old broken down rig and how if they had jobs, they could probably afford to buy it.

I'm trying to still my beating heart by reminding myself that there is no way in hell (or heaven) Bro's truck would make it over the Continental Divide.

I have to say, though, that six souls saved in 3 months of full time preaching and witnessing and tracksic] passing out is not a good ROI. Seems to me he could do better working in a fast food joint and doing such a great job with such a great attitude and just generally letting his light shine that at least six people would see his good works and glorify God.

• Upvote 12

The most immediate problem with that suggestion comes with the word

21 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

working

I also feel - it's just a hunch - that the Bro is one of those people whom you like less the more you get to know them.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Spinosaurus said:

I also feel - it's just a hunch - that the Bro is one of those people whom you like less the more you get to know them.

Which is saying something, because it's not as if he makes a great first impression, either.

Edited by FullOfGravy
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 10

I live in New England close not far from where Gary is preaching now.  The other night we saw a news story (local news) about a Red Snapper Festival somewhere in Maine.  Red snappers are the weens that Gary adores.  The festival looked like fun.  I'm sorry Gary missed it :(  He could have tried to save some Mainers while enjoying his favorite red weens.

• Haha 9

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • samurai_sarah unlocked and locked this topic