IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 11: Bro likes his food

samurai_sarah

I'm going for the "knocking Street Preaching."  Doesn't knocking in this sense usually mean criticizing.  Again, punctuation makes a difference.  A mere comma, Gary, can change the meaning entirely.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Blessings of the Corn said:

Hello? Punctuation? Are you there? Come back, I miss you.

It absent.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 27

Fight!

image.png.3353fbbb36d73b223df74d33645c257e.png

image.png.6520380940743fab6148a9bc0a02fe97.png

Guys, if you are going to debate whether one can lose one's salvation, it might be a good idea to learn how to spell "lose." I'm actually shocked that Gary spelled it correctly -- must have been Becky typing for him.

• Upvote 7

OK, folks, here's the guy Gary is talking about. There are some lovely :roll:  comments on his Facebook page, as well, such as:

Spoiler

image.png.86c23448b32cb07af33e3b2f485d4e11.png

Gary is there, complaining, but leaving out the most important word, salvation, every time he posts! I found five of these (some even less coherent), posted in the last hour, under posts of Thomas' that are months old - there could be more:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c76a29fe1c5d0af48722bdbc0a99765c.png

I can hear Gary attempting to sing "That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight, losing my . . . "

(what? losing your what?)

Becky did a little better:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d1ea134c58669054cdf25fda99d12d44.png

She also commented on a video showing him catching a fish:

Spoiler

image.png.ec06e9a180b57a3272d32e50a8922d0f.png

Turns out Becky has a mean streak! :mouse-shock:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004690516784

Edited by thoughtful
edited to put Mean Girl Becky behind a spoiler
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2

Wow the thing with Travis Thomas is really bizarre.  Why is Gary posting the same odd comment all over Travis' page.  Also Travis posted that screen grab of his convo with Gary saying that god can take away your salvation. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Gary, take a breath!

image.png.64b31cb751be92eb76a4cee1cb758563.png

"He has call us and we have went" is another potential needlepoint project, I think.

"We want the LORD to use is in Mighty way" is interesting, too.

There’s so much WTelF in his latest rants (ok, all his rants, but this especially), but I almost, almost, feel bad snarking on it. This writing is the kind of thing you’d expect of, what, a third-grader, maybe? Definitely not a grown man whose actual job is communicating the spoken word!! It’s so bad it’s almost painful. That aside, BroHaw is a toxic dink who, I’m sure wouldn’t hesitate to tell me I’m going to hell for wearing pants, so I’ll stifle my pity. What a chucklehead!! 

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I have discovered a national holiday that Bro GHaw might like to start celebrating:

http://www.nationalpunctuationday.com

The idea of asking God to use you is an interesting one. The late Christian singer and songwriter Rich Mullins had the thought that Christians should consider wanting more than just being used by God, because God can use anyone for His purposes, including Pontius Pilate and Pharaoh. Just sayin', Bro.

Hide contents

And Donald Trump?!

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Guys, if you are going to debate whether one can lose one's salvation, it might be a good idea to learn how to spell "lose." I'm actually shocked that Gary spelled it correctly -- must have been Becky typing for him.

Is the LORD is doing a Tower of Babel operation on Bro and his fellow debaters or are they're just all blithering idiots?  Maybe both?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

Is the LORD is doing a Tower of Babel operation on Bro and his fellow debaters or are they're just all blithering idiots?  Maybe both?

Little from Column A, little from Column B... 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Caroline said:
12 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

The idea of asking God to use you is an interesting one. The late Christian singer and songwriter Rich Mullins had the thought that Christians should consider wanting more than just being used by God, because God can use anyone for His purposes, including Pontius Pilate and Pharaoh. Just sayin', Bro.

And Donald Trump?!

I know at least one Christian who saw Trump getting elected as "God's Judgement" on the US. As in, God was pissed at us and loosed this orange plague upon the land. :my_sad:

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

14 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Gary, take a breath!

image.png.64b31cb751be92eb76a4cee1cb758563.png

"He has call us and we have went" is another potential needlepoint project, I think.

"We want the LORD to use is in Mighty way" is interesting, too.

I had to work out what the emoji was, my first thought was a Viking helmet. Well that would make it more interesting at least.

11 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Fight!

image.png.3353fbbb36d73b223df74d33645c257e.png

image.png.6520380940743fab6148a9bc0a02fe97.png

"I can't lose something JESUS is got".

It's Bro Gary in a nutshell.

• Upvote 7

I'll always remember the day I got my Saved.  He had been brought back to the shelter for being nuts, and was the last of his litter.  He hated being alone in the cage so much he would knock over the water bowl and climb the grate until his claws bled.  The shelter called him "Crazy Water Bowl Kitty".  I took him out, and immediately he was all purrs on my shoulder, and he's been snuggling and keeping me sane ever since.  It's good to know cats are my forever home.  Just a pilgrim paying the bills.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 14

i've been stitching a lot lately, but nothing FJ-related; a few Christmas things and a gift.  although the last one i finished was the result of a late-night conversation with a friend over some strong drinks:  "this place smells like stale beer and disappointment."

but some of you have given me new GHaw inspiration!! 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I know at least one Christian who saw Trump getting elected as "God's Judgement" on the US. As in, God was pissed at us and loosed this orange plague upon the land. :my_sad:

Tried water, tried fire... mangoes?

• Haha 8

On 10/9/2019 at 12:50 PM, FeministShrew said:

Germanton is 3 hours from here. That's too damn close.

Thank Rufus it's not Germantown, Maryland..

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

Suggested Hama beads project:

Ok folks if you we're to die today where would you spend eternity.
Heaven or hell no in-betweens.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Haha 7

image.thumb.png.aa5179e8580c8492153ebb0c617e5f74.png

I'm thinking, Gary. I'm thinking you have some nerve taking money for your "mission," giving people guilt about not giving, and claiming everyone else could do the same (um, Gar -- where would the money come from, not to mention food, clothing, and all the other goods and services provided by people who actually work for a living?), not to mention expressing yourself so incredibly badly.

Grifters gonna grift. Hey, Gary, your bad spelling may work against you this time. "Hey, he is trying to find someone who wants to charge a big amount! Great!"

image.thumb.png.9f2f3ee4d15f08c509e179e6dfab2736.png

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3

He's so appalling.

What's the matter, Gar...is the LORD not providing?  Maybe it's a message for you to get a paying JOB.

I'd listen to a CD of agitated barnyard animals before I'd listen to a Bro (or Rod) CD.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 8

Here's one for the cross stitchers: Missionary need to get to there field while the harvest is ripe.

When I first read@thoughtful's post I thought he was talking about a new missionary family and was trying to help promote others to give to them.

Then I realized he was just talking about himself and how they need money. Again. [emoji2356] He mentioned that his boys don't have jobs. They're kids, Bro. YOU are the one who should have a job to help provide for them!

I have spent many long hours volunteering this week to help out a local club at our fair. It feels really great to give back to people and help them, especially the little kids. I'm sure Bro would never be willing to do that much work with nothing in return.

I don't know how to edit on the phone but I wanted to add that our building was right across from the BIG FAT SAUSAGE booth. Bro would have gone nuts for that! [emoji894]

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

There is no shortage of so called missionaries, so I would think if you were serious about being a missionary you would need to stand out in the crowd, and have a clear goal. Gary what do you offer or do that is worth supporting? Why should someone give you their hard earned money? 

I am tired of the mindset I am spreading God’s word; therefore, I am doing important work, don’t question it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Actually I think Gary wasn’t talking about himself (shocking).  His last video that I recapped included a long part about supporting missionaries and that everyone should be doing so.  Gary said that they had just taken on a new missionary to support.  So in this instance I do believe his weenese translates to “We only live off of love offerings yet we support missionaries and my boys have no job and they support a missionary.  If we can do it then everyone else can too”.  He finds it terrible that missionaries need to spend a few years on the road gathering support and $.  They should be funded right away so they can carry out their mission.

i do find it upsetting that some of the very little $ they have is being sent right back out.  They are homeless and dirt poor.  They literally can’t afford to support anyone else.  I don’t know about how those that give them love offerings feel about it.. whether they like that the Bro use some of that $ for supporting missionaries or if they don’t care or if it gives them a bad taste.  Reminds me of when we gave my in-laws a TV my husband won at a work dinner.  It was used but much nicer than what they had (this was probably 15 years ago and he worked for a small company).  They turned right around and gave it to my brother and sister in law!  We gave *them* the tv.  If we had wanted my brother and sister in law to have it we would have given it to them.  The in-laws didn’t do it because they didn’t want the TV, they did it because it was nicer than what their son had and they have always babied him.

Edited by keepercjr
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

46 minutes ago, keepercjr said:

Actually I think Gary wasn’t talking about himself (shocking).  His last video that I recapped included a long part about supporting missionaries and that everyone should be doing so.  Gary said that they had just taken on a new missionary to support.  So in this instance I do believe his weenese translates to “We only live off of love offerings yet we support missionaries and my boys have no job and they support a missionary.  If we can do it then everyone else can too”.

Oh! Did I mistranslate the Weenese again? I apologize for leading people astray.

Thanks for setting me straight, @keepercjr.

I'll have to remember that "have take a mission" means one is supporting missionaries.

Of course, it's just as depressing and infuriating as what I thought he meant - he's giving away money hard-working people gave to him, depriving his family so someone can go God-bother people in other countries.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I'll have to remember that "have take a mission" means one is supporting missionaries.

That's what it means this time...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • samurai_sarah unlocked and locked this topic