IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 11: Bro likes his food

samurai_sarah

10 hours ago, keepercjr said:

i Just don’t understand people who actually believe that some people  actually do sacrifices on Halloween.  A lot of what they think heathens do is just utter nonsense.  Have these people ever even been trick or treating?  

On a side note, look what Facebook gave me as an ad today.  This takes place on Halloween.   I have no idea why it thought this would interest me.

E62924D9-D876-4CAE-9A40-238CE625C0E3.thumb.jpeg.9c6ead6372d53dd6d1d76fe2d373fe5a.jpeg

I am reminded of the Halloween episode of King of the Hill.  Bobby Hill got roped into the crazy church lady's vision of things, Hell-o-Ween and how his dad must be a satanist because he wasn't anti-trick or treating.  I think the crazy church lady's thing was a non-haunted house but I don't remember what it was called - it was supposed to chase the evil out of kids by showing them all the bad things.  It was really funny.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

OK folks, I've been away from FJ for a couple days and am catching up (thanks to the miracle of our generator!!). I don't think this Bro Gary gem has been posted. @catlady I think I see a new cross stitch opportunity for you here! 

Quote: "Seek he first the Kingdom of GOD not last. HE not a gennie where you can go to when you need a wish." (Even MY spellcheck highlighted it!! Does he just see that and say, no I'm good!?) Also hilarious because gennie is my name, although spelled differently, LOL.

gennie.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, Briefly said:

I am reminded of the Halloween episode of King of the Hill.  Bobby Hill got roped into the crazy church lady's vision of things, Hell-o-Ween and how his dad must be a satanist because he wasn't anti-trick or treating.  I think the crazy church lady's thing was a non-haunted house but I don't remember what it was called - it was supposed to chase the evil out of kids by showing them all the bad things.  It was really funny.

I’ve never seen it, but IRL it’s usually called a “Hell house.”

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, PumaLover said:

OK folks, I've been away from FJ for a couple days and am catching up (thanks to the miracle of our generator!!). I don't think this Bro Gary gem has been posted. @catlady I think I see a new cross stitch opportunity for you here! 

Quote: "Seek he first the Kingdom of GOD not last. HE not a gennie where you can go to when you need a wish." (Even MY spellcheck highlighted it!! Does he just see that and say, no I'm good!?) Also hilarious because gennie is my name, although spelled differently, LOL.

gennie.png

Isn't it a bit of a paradox? If God's way is to put God first and oneself last... But when God wants God put first He wants Himself first.

• Upvote 2

In the King of the Hill episode it was called a Hallelujah House.

Just spelled this in Words with Friends:

Spoiler

20191028_090320.jpg.b1aa915af368c5caa7e29ff82fd1a2b3.jpg

Edited by General Jinjur
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

What part do you rub to get the genie out of this gennie?

image.png.bf0f7198c003bdc46b0f8770c3282d81.png

When you live in the middle of nowhere and have to drive down the mountain to call your work, this is really one of the most beautiful things in the world! LOL Power AND internet have been restored at this point and our entire community is so thankful (and also apparently extremely judgemental). We went to visit our neighbors today and their well isn't working so they had to buy water. I told them we still have water so they were welcome to come up as they needed it. That's the true spirit of mountain people, I think. But some people just have to be assholes.

As a side note, our internet went out last night and I have two teenage girls who were super bored here. We stopped by to visit the neighbors and they all ended up hanging out and having a blast. It was really awesome to see kids actually hang out and play together outside, away from phones, tablets and TVs. It was a really nice day. (Super thankful for the internet being back up, though!)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 8

OK folks, I'm SEVERELY disappointed that Bro hasn't been ranting about Hell-o-WEEN tomorrow. He's posted a couple videos that I'll try and recap.

On a side note, please don't judge but I've signed up for the On My Way app (in addition to my regular jobs). Like I mentioned, I live on the side of a mountain so anytime I drive anyplace, it's a long distance. May as well make a couple bucks, right? One of my friends has been doing it and said she's pretty happy with it.

Now I feel icky because it seems like it's an MLM and I don't want to be associated with those!!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Dear Bro Gary,

god be Johnnie not gennie and he don’t live in a lamp.

But in a curious way, one could see some value in having “a lamp into my feet.”  Hopefully the inhabitant of said lamp is benevolent, generous , and attractive to the holder of the lamp.

May everyone have a blessed and safe Samhain—

• Upvote 3

Hmmm.....

(knock knock):  “you’re going to hell unless you accept my version of religion.” 

Or 

(knock knock):  “can I have some candy?”

I’ll take the latter.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, catlady said:

Hmmm.....

(knock knock):  “you’re going to hell unless you accept my version of religion.” 

Or 

(knock knock):  “can I have some candy?”

I’ll take the latter.

Plus candy is one predictable day a year while the sanctimonious, in-your-face assholes turn up anytime.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Ok folks, I can't believe Halloween is already over! Trunk or treat was so much fun tonight and I got a lot of votes for my vee-hickle's decorations! Adding pics under spoiler. 

I hope that works and if not please forgive me helpmeets. I can decorate for Halloween but am not Tapatalk savvy. Should have just done it through Safari.

So I had a weird experience on the way home, and I'm still bothered by it. I'm not a religious person but I do consider myself spiritual and open to a lot of things. I saw something crossing the road in front of me tonight on the way home, in the woods in the middle of nowhere, and then it disappeared. It was like a large ball of vapor, moving across the road as a person would walk. As I got closer it vanished and I got the coldest chills I've ever had, even though I had on a heavy scarf and my snow jacket and boots. I'm really not crazy, and I was completely sober, but I think I had some sort of paranormal experience. Has anyone else here had something like that happen? 

Spoiler

Trunk or Treat!

IMG_2213.jpg

Ok folks I hope this will merge with the last post. I wanted to share my pics of our Hell-o-ween where I visited with a lot of our neighbors and kind people in the community.

Spoiler

IMG_2239.jpg

Edited by PumaLover
I don't know how to use a spoiler on my phone!!!
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 4

Nice job decorating, @PumaLover! And I'm so glad you and your community are safe.

Weird about that thing you saw... there is a ghost stories thread here where you should add your encounter: 

And @samurai_sarah, I still laugh EVERY TIME I see the "chicken" tag on this Bro Gary thread. ?

Edited by scoutsadie
Moar infos
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

32 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

Nice job decorating, @PumaLover! And I'm so glad you and your community are safe.

Weird about that thing you saw... there is a ghost stories thread here where you should add your encounter: 

And @samurai_sarah, I still laugh EVERY TIME I see the "chicken" tag on this Bro Gary thread. ?

Yes, I forgot about that thread! Thank you!

• Upvote 2

"Today on Sex Talk Radio we discuss premature ejaculation. And we have our first caller. Hello caller, have you had this problem?"

"Ready are not HE coming."

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191102-071202.thumb.jpg.3c7c7d843d9e2b645ae438427b981836.jpg

• Haha 15

OK folks, I earned some money through my On My Way app today, and have a couple people who are going to sign up under me (ew. I feel like I'm Jrod shilling Plexus, but no one has to buy anything or feel guilty. But still!)

But folks, I'm really here to post this ad my brother in law shared with me tonight. He read it out loud to me and I insisted he send it to me so I could post here because Weenese. I am also ashamed to admit that for my job, I was required to type "vehicle" several times and seriously, I now am so used to spelling out "veehickle" I could not spell it correctly, multiple times.

Anyway, my brother in law is a welder and shared this. It welder.

ItWelder.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

Ok folks. It Bible and It Welder, so the Lord has blessed us with a beautiful Sunday. I finally finished this one and hung it in an out of the way corner of my kitchen. (But when Mr CL’s friend the contractor comes back to finish the door trim, i’ll have some ‘splainin to do...). And it goes rather well with @AmazonGrace‘s post above. 

36A9E5C8-2E07-4470-AB79-C88C18ECFD58.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 20
  • Love 3

Omg @catlady I genuinely laughed out loud.  Yes some explaining to do is right!

@PumaLover your trunk looks great!  Gotta love the mountains where you can find horse trailers in the CVS parking lot!

i saw this today on Facebook.  Maybe Becky need this handy tool to cook Bro’s weens

Spoiler

08EB7AEA-861F-491B-94EF-29570495B7D0.thumb.jpeg.a16ee3858074cb6496b3b406e0d94c66.jpeg

• Haha 19
  • Love 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • samurai_sarah unlocked and locked this topic