IGNORED

Alyssa and John 4: SOTDRT Next Generation

GreyhoundFan

37 minutes ago, Smash! said:

Yeah but if I remember correctly from the Reddit MLM-Thread a lot if not most of the people shilling this stuff lose money. So I'm not sure if they're actually are making money with it.

I agree he likely won’t make much money and will probably lose money. I suppose he could be doing a trial run to see if anyone bites. And if he gets little interest, he could just quit.

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Smash! said:

Yeah but if I remember correctly from the Reddit MLM-Thread a lot if not most of the people shilling this stuff lose money. So I'm not sure if they're actually are making money with it.

This has always been true about MLMs and it's about time this basic fact was taught in school. MLMs only make you money if you get in really early and/or are very lucky. Some people initially make money but are "encouraged" to buy more stock and eventually lose everything. So basically no one wins except a few at the top.

Exponential growth, it's not a thing that makes sense in the long term!!

• Upvote 11

21 hours ago, Angelface said:

Perhaps the issue, if there is an issue, is to do with the cost of Alyssa’s medication and surgeries which are possibly rather expensive. Bringing in a little more money might be very beneficial just now. 

Well. yeah... that's what makes MLM so predatory. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 8/23/2019 at 1:57 PM, formergothardite said:

I love that in the comments some one asks which MLM he is selling. John gets all defensive and says he is selling a healthy lifestyle, but still won't give any information. Whenever they say DM me for information it is always an MLM. Plexus? ItWorks? Amway? Shakeology? I wonder which one they have gotten sucked into.

Honestly I'm surprised to see a male fundie getting into an MLM since so far I've only seen a lot of fundie women selling Plexus, Young Living, etc.

16 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

This has always been true about MLMs and it's about time this basic fact was taught in school. MLMs only make you money if you get in really early and/or are very lucky. Some people initially make money but are "encouraged" to buy more stock and eventually lose everything. So basically no one wins except a few at the top.

Exponential growth, it's not a thing that makes sense in the long term!!

The only person that we talk about here on FJ that seems to be really successful with Plexus is Tricia Regar. She used to blog on Clean House with Kids.

• Upvote 2

What I don't get either is everyone in their social circle is selling MLMs. Like Rachel Wissman Busenitz, Bethany Wissman (forgot her married name) and Kori (forgot her maiden name) Wissman all selling Plexus. This can't work out because their audience/acquaintances are the same. What stories are these people taught that they think this is a good idea?

• Upvote 13

I admit I was curious so I DM’ed John. I still don’t know what he’s trying to sell because after answering a few initial questions (why I want to become healthier, what my main goals are, etc.) he said he wants to arrange a group call between him, me and his coach (I have no clue who this coach is supposed to be).

I’m not in the US, so calling internationally might be expensive and also (and most importantly), doing that would feel less curious and more like I outright lie to him. Also, although I wanna know more, I’d actually waste his time and no matter how despicable he is, that’s just not fair. So far, the two messages he sent me (the initial one with a couple of questions and the one in which he suggested a phone call) seemed generic copy-paste ones. I believe that’s how he replies to everyone. Bottom line is, I’m not gonna pretend I want to have a chat and leave it at that. 

Anyways, whatever John’s selling, it’s hard to find out what it is.

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5

It might be beachbody? They love the idea of coaches, or that one that Joy was doing via Austin's relative that is escaping my mind right now.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Smash! said:

What I don't get either is everyone in their social circle is selling MLMs. Like Rachel Wissman Busenitz, Bethany Wissman (forgot her married name) and Kori (forgot her maiden name) Wissman all selling Plexus. This can't work out because their audience/acquaintances are the same. What stories are these people taught that they think this is a good idea?

Maybe they see it as another form of evangelism.  They already know how to pester and make promises to strangers, so why not use the same "skills" for $$s?  Also, I suspect some of them aren't too bright.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Smash! said:

I don't wanna google plexus as I don't want adds popping up. I'm in Australia and I don't think we have it anyway.

I see it mentioned here all the time what the hell is it?

Is it like Herbalife?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I don't wanna google plexus as I don't want adds popping up. I'm in Australia and I don't think we have it anyway.

Is it like Herbalife?

It has shakes and supplements that supposedly improve health and energy. I guess that’s like Herbalife. Jill Rodrigues sells it and makes insane claims about it helping every possible problem.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

13 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

he said he wants to arrange a group call between him, me and his coach 

That’s exactly what a “friend” did when he tried to get me to sign up for Amway. He invited me to lunch with his “mentor”. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is it like Herbalife?

Yes, exactly. Here's the antiMLM subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/  They have tons of information and on the sidebar a quick summary. Unfortunately I don't find the thread anymore where they had a summary of how MLMs work. I found a site tough where you can type the name of a company and it shows if it's a MLM: https://isthisanmlm.com/ Then I just came across another great site: https://mlmtruth.org/ Don't forget John Olivers video on MLMs

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Smash! said:

Yes, exactly. Here's the antiMLM subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/  They have tons of information and on the sidebar a quick summary. Unfortunately I don't find the thread anymore where they had a summary of how MLMs work. I found a site tough where you can type the name of a company and it shows if it's a MLM: https://isthisanmlm.com/ Then I just came across another great site: https://mlmtruth.org/ Don't forget John Olivers video on MLMs

John Oliver's video is the best. I have a professor who uses it every semester because without fail when we are all asked about our experience in marketing, public relations, and communications, someone brings up that they are a rep or agent for (fill in the blank MLM). 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

Alyssa is having her procedure today. John, Kelly and Bill, and Callie are at the hospital. I wonder if Callie is Kelly's "mothers helper" to watch Alyssa's kids? (though the little girls weren't there so maybe the Websters are watching them?) Do we know if Callie is part of Alyssa's buddy group or particularly close to her?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Alyssa is having her procedure today. John, Kelly and Bill, and Callie are at the hospital. I wonder if Callie is Kelly's "mothers helper" to watch Alyssa's kids? (though the little girls weren't there so maybe the Websters are watching them?) Do we know if Callie is part of Alyssa's buddy group or particularly close to her?

I think Callie is Michaela's buddy. Maybe she wanted to go and help? Idk

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I think Callie is Michaela's buddy. Maybe she wanted to go and help? Idk

She probably wanted to go to Florida and play with her cousins. I can’t blame her for that at all. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Terribly long day for them and hoping Alyssa came through okay. The poor girl just did this and now she's back to doing it again.  Hope it works this time.  Are there other options if it doesn't or does she just have to keep doing this?

• Upvote 3

John just posted that Alyssa’s out. I’m glad she’s ok. He posted a pretty raw picture of her. 

I just hope this is the last procedure she needs. And that they think things through before adding more arrows to their quiver.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Kelly was live on Instagram a while ago saying that Alyssa was exhausted and nauseated but doing okay, and that the doctor told John that he thinks he got the spot that was causing the problem this time. Hopefully that's the case! 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 8/28/2019 at 4:47 AM, ophelia said:

Honestly I'm surprised to see a male fundie getting into an MLM since so far I've only seen a lot of fundie women selling Plexus, Young Living, etc.

The only person that we talk about here on FJ that seems to be really successful with Plexus is Tricia Regar. She used to blog on Clean House with Kids.

Soshanna Pearl is Plexus sapphire.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I know of a wealthy couple that got that way selling one called Lifeforce International. Glad Alyssa made it through ok. I hope she gets adequate help at home to recover. That sounds like a pretty serious surgery. 

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Callie is 10. She's not babysitting 3 toddlers, I doubt John and Alyssa would accept that. I think Kelly has allowed her to go to Florida as some kind of reward or special time. Callie must feel very lonely, now that Ellie and Addie are teenagers and she's still a kid. Also, Callie doesn't seem close to Jeb and Judson. She's truly a forgotten girl and it was hard for her when her mother-Michaela got married.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I know of a wealthy couple that got that way selling one called Lifeforce International. Glad Alyssa made it through ok. I hope she gets adequate help at home to recover. That sounds like a pretty serious surgery. 

It's not the easiest procedure, but it is very much better than the alternatives that are way more invasive. I hope the doctor was able to pinpoint the spot for her and (in the words of my cardiologist) blast it. 

The recovery is uncomfortable (they insert the catheter/instruments) through an incision in your groin area. The healing for that can be painful. I also have a hard time with anesthesia so the nausea and dizziness/grogginess were tough to wear off.  She'll be resting for a few days and not able to lift heavy things (so she doesn't tear the incision and start bleeding). 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic