• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
GreyhoundFan

Alyssa and John 4: SOTDRT Next Generation

lumpentheologie
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do you have a big sweatshirt? I’m only a c cup but when I wear big sweatshirts, I don’t always wear a bra out of the house. When I was nursing, I often wore a tank top under everything instead of a bra. Some tank tops do help.

Thanks, if I could wear layers it wouldn't be as much of a problem but I expect it to be over 70 degrees, so I won't want to!  (Not such a bad problem, really, I know.)  

I'll look into soft bras, as @FluffySnowball suggested.  All mine are underwire and I hate them.  Maybe I can also find some sundresses where it wouldn't be so noticeable.  

Any suggestions on where to buy soft bras in Germany?  I think I'm an 85E in European sizes, according to google. 

Edited by lumpentheologie

Syriana
51 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Thanks, if I could wear layers it wouldn't be as much of a problem but I expect it to be over 70 degrees, so I won't want to!  (Not such a bad problem, really, I know.)  

I'll look into soft bras, as @FluffySnowball suggested.  All mine are underwire and I hate them.  Maybe I can also find some sundresses where it wouldn't be so noticeable.  

Apologies if this is a silly question, but do your bras fit properly?  I also wear underwired bras and the difference the correct fit and right brand made was the difference between 'that hurts like hell' and 'huh, I've been wearing that all day' when I came to remove it.

lumpentheologie
3 minutes ago, Syriana said:

Apologies if this is a silly question, but do your bras fit properly?  I also wear underwired bras and the difference the correct fit and right brand made was the difference between 'that hurts like hell' and 'huh, I've been wearing that all day' when I came to remove it.

Not a silly question!  That's something I should consider.  I was professionally fitted a few years ago, but I've gained some weight since then, so maybe I haven't adjusted the sizing properly, or I need to find a different brand now, or something. 

nausicaa
3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

If the underwire is a problem, maybe get a couple tanks with built in sports bras?

This is what I live in around the house/super casual days so I don't wear out my few good (expensive) underwire bras. In the summer, I'll throw a spaghetti strap sundress over a neutral racerback tank with built in sports bra and I think it looks kinda cute while being super comfortable in the heat.

I'm about a C/D cup btw. The girls aren't quite as perky as with an underwire, but it doesn't sound like that's a concern for you. 

Kelsey

Try a bralette. They are cute and soft and can look pretty under sundresses or tank tops.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Iamtheway

9 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Any suggestions on where to buy soft bras in Germany?  I think I'm an 85E in European sizes, according to google. 

Underwires are clearly designed to hurt women and make them uncomfortable. Probably by a man. :kitty-shifty:

I feel a bit naked going out without a bra and want the support but I only wear soft bras that I’m comfortable in. Actually I also only wear clothes I’m comfortable in and my life is so much nicer! 

We’re the same size. I have this model in a couple of colours and like it a lot. It’s not horribly expensive, offers support and is comfortable. And, very importantly, it doesn’t make my boobs look pointy. I hate that!

https://www.uppercut.se/tjej/underklader/swegmark/stars-mjuk-osynlig-plum/

Swegmark has lots of different soft options and is a good brand. They’re Swedish but you should be able to get them in Germany. 

just_ordinary

Hmmmm. I have quite big boobs (for the rest of my body) and I LOVE underwire bras. I don’t think they are uncomfortable at all. If there is one thing I learned for myself, is that there is always time to put a bra on (in case of emergency). I once rushed out without one and my day was hell. My boobs hurt every step after 1 hour and my nipples weren’t my friends for days afterwards.

Another option is to wear a more fitted nursing tank top. The double layer gives extra support and makes it less likely to show your nipples if that’s a concern.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Perrierwithlemon
23 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Try a bralette. They are cute and soft and can look pretty under sundresses or tank tops.

My favorite bralette is the “embrace lace” deep-v bralette by Wacoal. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/4001180 

And if you use the clip in the back it’s even more supportive. Plus it’s pretty! It’s comfortable enough that i can sleep in it. 

Enraged
feministxtian

I stopped wearing a bra the day I quit working. I wear tank tops under see-through sort of stuff...in summer I just wear the tank tops. 

I have a couple of soft bras that I'll wear if I ABSOLUTELY have to wear them. However, I try really hard not to, even though the girls are victims of gravity.