IGNORED

Alyssa and John 4: SOTDRT Next Generation

GreyhoundFan

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do you have a big sweatshirt? I’m only a c cup but when I wear big sweatshirts, I don’t always wear a bra out of the house. When I was nursing, I often wore a tank top under everything instead of a bra. Some tank tops do help.

Thanks, if I could wear layers it wouldn't be as much of a problem but I expect it to be over 70 degrees, so I won't want to!  (Not such a bad problem, really, I know.)  

I'll look into soft bras, as @FluffySnowball suggested.  All mine are underwire and I hate them.  Maybe I can also find some sundresses where it wouldn't be so noticeable.  

Any suggestions on where to buy soft bras in Germany?  I think I'm an 85E in European sizes, according to google. 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Thanks, if I could wear layers it wouldn't be as much of a problem but I expect it to be over 70 degrees, so I won't want to!  (Not such a bad problem, really, I know.)  

I'll look into soft bras, as @FluffySnowball suggested.  All mine are underwire and I hate them.  Maybe I can also find some sundresses where it wouldn't be so noticeable.  

Apologies if this is a silly question, but do your bras fit properly?  I also wear underwired bras and the difference the correct fit and right brand made was the difference between 'that hurts like hell' and 'huh, I've been wearing that all day' when I came to remove it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Syriana said:

Apologies if this is a silly question, but do your bras fit properly?  I also wear underwired bras and the difference the correct fit and right brand made was the difference between 'that hurts like hell' and 'huh, I've been wearing that all day' when I came to remove it.

Not a silly question!  That's something I should consider.  I was professionally fitted a few years ago, but I've gained some weight since then, so maybe I haven't adjusted the sizing properly, or I need to find a different brand now, or something. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

If the underwire is a problem, maybe get a couple tanks with built in sports bras?

This is what I live in around the house/super casual days so I don't wear out my few good (expensive) underwire bras. In the summer, I'll throw a spaghetti strap sundress over a neutral racerback tank with built in sports bra and I think it looks kinda cute while being super comfortable in the heat.

I'm about a C/D cup btw. The girls aren't quite as perky as with an underwire, but it doesn't sound like that's a concern for you. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Any suggestions on where to buy soft bras in Germany?  I think I'm an 85E in European sizes, according to google. 

Underwires are clearly designed to hurt women and make them uncomfortable. Probably by a man. :kitty-shifty:

I feel a bit naked going out without a bra and want the support but I only wear soft bras that I’m comfortable in. Actually I also only wear clothes I’m comfortable in and my life is so much nicer! 

We’re the same size. I have this model in a couple of colours and like it a lot. It’s not horribly expensive, offers support and is comfortable. And, very importantly, it doesn’t make my boobs look pointy. I hate that!

https://www.uppercut.se/tjej/underklader/swegmark/stars-mjuk-osynlig-plum/

Swegmark has lots of different soft options and is a good brand. They’re Swedish but you should be able to get them in Germany. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Hmmmm. I have quite big boobs (for the rest of my body) and I LOVE underwire bras. I don’t think they are uncomfortable at all. If there is one thing I learned for myself, is that there is always time to put a bra on (in case of emergency). I once rushed out without one and my day was hell. My boobs hurt every step after 1 hour and my nipples weren’t my friends for days afterwards.

Another option is to wear a more fitted nursing tank top. The double layer gives extra support and makes it less likely to show your nipples if that’s a concern.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Try a bralette. They are cute and soft and can look pretty under sundresses or tank tops.

My favorite bralette is the “embrace lace” deep-v bralette by Wacoal. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/4001180 

And if you use the clip in the back it’s even more supportive. Plus it’s pretty! It’s comfortable enough that i can sleep in it. 

• Upvote 3

I stopped wearing a bra the day I quit working. I wear tank tops under see-through sort of stuff...in summer I just wear the tank tops. 

I have a couple of soft bras that I'll wear if I ABSOLUTELY have to wear them. However, I try really hard not to, even though the girls are victims of gravity. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Alyssa posted a photo from her roadtrip to South Carolina with all 3 kids in their (front facing) car seats.  She wrote "don't send me rude comments the kids are all in car seats that abide by Florida laws" (rephrased).

But:

Screenshot_20191113-133111_Chrome.jpg

Zoey should without any question be rear facing,  (20 months) Lexi ideally but not required (3 in Jan. I think).  Any Floridians care to clarify?

Why even post it if you're gonna be a bitch and not double check before opening it up for criticism?

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 15
  • WTF 1

Car seat safety aside, I was rolling my eyes at her "please don't send me messages about this" comment. Well, maybe just don't post that particular picture?

She got a lot of flack about car seat pictures/safety way back when Allie was a baby, so I kind of read this as an f you to her critics.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

Where is her common sense?  She knows the photo will cause negative reactions, but she posts it anyway?  If she *has to* share a travel pic, then just stand them together in the driveway, by the front for, or something.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

I'm going to play Devils Advocate. Mostly cuz I started watching Lucifer and actually watched the first 8 episodes last night. Anyway, Zoe might be one of those car sick babies and this lessens her sickness. I wouldn't be able to sit backwards in a long car trip. I would need a lot of meclizine.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Honestly I don’t care much about Alyssa rear or forward facing her youngest. She’s got all of her kids properly secured in car seats. That’s actually way more than most fundies.

What does bother me is the fact that she posted the picture and told people not to send negative comments. Just don’t post the damn picture then! It’s not like you had to! She has chosen to live her life in the public eye. She’s also chosen for her children for them to be in the public eye. Whether they like it or not. There are consequences to choosing this life. And one of those consequences is getting negative messages about not following Florida law. Sorry Alyssa, you can’t post a picture you know will get a reaction and then tell people not to react. It doesn’t work that way. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Honestly I don’t care much about Alyssa rear or forward facing her youngest. She’s got all of her kids properly secured in car seats. That’s actually way more than most fundies.

What does bother me is the fact that she posted the picture and told people not to send negative comments. Just don’t post the damn picture then! It’s not like you had to! She has chosen to live her life in the public eye. She’s also chosen for her children for them to be in the public eye. Whether they like it or not. There are consequences to choosing this life. And one of those consequences is getting negative messages about not following Florida law. Sorry Alyssa, you can’t post a picture you know will get a reaction and then tell people not to react. It doesn’t work that way. 

You're right that around here, Alyssa has done better than say Kennedy Morton, who let her 18 month old stand up in the middle of a truck while it whizzed dow  a highway.  That's a pretty low standard to have though,  and unfortunately car seats used improperly are almost as bad as not using them at all. Alyssa has definitely been guilty of bad car seat habits and she should accept criticism with grace and humility like a good Christian and not with the whole "don't @ me" attitude.  Rear facing until an appropriate weight, tight straps buckled in the right spot, no puffy winter jacket are all part of proper car seat use.

Here's an article that explains the physics of why kiddos should stay in car seats as long as possible, 2 years minimum (which most states have now applied to their laws):

www.fatherly.com/health-science/physics-rear-facing-car-seats-kids/amp/

4 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm going to play Devils Advocate. Mostly cuz I started watching Lucifer and actually watched the first 8 episodes last night. Anyway, Zoe might be one of those car sick babies and this lessens her sickness. I wouldn't be able to sit backwards in a long car trip. I would need a lot of meclizine.

Car Seat Lady and plenty of others have addressed this and explained why it's a fallacy:

Screenshot_20191113-202020_Chrome.jpg

Also it's the law in many states now, so motion sickness or not you gotta do it. I checked and rear facing is required until 2 in South Carolina, seems like its pushed but not enforced in Florida. Also most car seat manufacturers include that instruction to keep kids rear facing until 40-45 lbs, which means 3-4 years old.

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Coming out of lurking to acknowledge SOTDRT FTW.

Accept: believe or come to recognize.

Except: used before a statement that forms an exception to one just made.

• Upvote 9

They’re in South Carolina in shearling lined boots?? And knit hats?? It’s clearly not even cold enough outside for a jacket! Is Alyssa living out some kind of winter fantasy/idealization now that she lives in Florida?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, JoylessAnna said:

Coming out of lurking to acknowledge SOTDRT FTW.

Accept: believe or come to recognize.

Except: used before a statement that forms an exception to one just made.

Ugh this kind of stuff makes me cringe bad

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Johannah said:

They’re in South Carolina in shearling lined boots?? And knit hats?? It’s clearly not even cold enough outside for a jacket! Is Alyssa living out some kind of winter fantasy/idealization now that she lives in Florida?

Probably hats and boots are a present and the girls wanted to wear it no matter the weather. Sincerely, watching those girls in leggings and comfy T-shirts is refreshing!!!

Is it mama Jane's house? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Johannah said:

For the last few days, parts of the south have been experiencing a cold snap.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

The high there ,today,is about 49 degrees.Where they live in Florida,the high is about 70.Plus,it's a wet cold.

I went to the store,yesterday.I saw some shoppers with coats and boots on,like they were expecting a blizzard.But,it's a bone-chilling wet cold.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Johannah said:

I mean to be fair I live Mississippi and one day this week the high was 31 and right now the temp is 49. It's like once daylight savings hit every place in the US that could get cold got cold cold. We basically skipped fall and went straight into winter. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic