IGNORED

Alyssa and John 4: SOTDRT Next Generation

GreyhoundFan

Alyssa and Josies paid partnership aids seem forced and weird. Alyssa is advertising a face wash. The whole time her eye makeup stays in place. I know face washes aren’t used to remove makeup but after she washed her face, minus her eyes, she puts a cream under her eyes. She also puts on moisturizer. I do all of that after taking off my makeup and washing my face. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 10/29/2019 at 9:28 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

Alyssa and Josies paid partnership aids seem forced and weird. Alyssa is advertising a face wash. The whole time her eye makeup stays in place. I know face washes aren’t used to remove makeup but after she washed her face, minus her eyes, she puts a cream under her eyes. She also puts on moisturizer. I do all of that after taking off my makeup and washing my face. 

I watched Alyssa’s Insta Story twice because I wanted to be sure I didn’t see that wrong. Girl never took off her freaking eye makeup. I took screenshots. The internet never forgets, Alyssa. 

1B5A6D40-CD64-4301-8532-ED469AFC54A7.jpeg

CD751D79-8026-4458-8BFB-1620EF39B39B.jpeg

BEB2F2EB-AB83-4D0A-946F-F8B3C456970A.jpeg

393F9C22-FCD3-4855-B92F-08337A3CCE80.jpeg

50445DE2-EDEB-4882-BE76-011E1875FDDB.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 6

Isn’t there such a thing as permanent makeup, that you leave on for awhile? I just assumed that her eye makeup was that type of makeup.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

She looks pretty make up free in the pics before her surgery.

This has actually been a really common thing influencers get flak for. The stranger things actress and shay Mitchell from pretty little liars each got dragged for “washing their face” with makeup on. Mitchell didn’t even actually touch her face and it’s worth the chuckle if you want to google it.

These things always remind me why I’m glad that no makeup is my default. Just don’t take this ad deal if you absolutely don’t want to be seen without eyeliner! 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

They went trick or treating last year too. 

I’m just glad she doesn’t hide it. I hate when fundies hide their worldly activities.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I will admit, when I first looked at Alyssa's costume, then the girls, royalty wasn't my first thought. I am glad to see the girls getting to participate in Halloween, though.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

I feel like if your costume requires a lengthy description of what it is then it probably missed the mark. This does not scream “royal costume” at all.  

That said, I’m just glad the girls get to enjoy a super fun Holiday and that Alyssa is open about it.

Hopefully one day the girls can branch out and choose their own costumes that don’t require them to all be in matching frilly dresses. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I think Alyssa wanted another “reason” other than church to dress up and play pretty. Whatever, I suppose, it kind of seems sad to me, because I doubt the girls had any choice to be anything other than Mommy’s little “royal” fashion models. Half arsed too. Modern royal? No one is getting that. At least put some plastic tiaras on them.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10

I don't know why fundies have a problem with trick or treating.  It's a good introduction to grifting for the kids.  Just dress them cute rather than scary.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 25
  • I Agree 2

I have a feeling they decided to do it fairly last minute so she just pulled out one of their 274663 sets of matching dresses and said "what kind of halloween costume can this be?" Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but its not really any different than their normal Sunday pictures.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I think Alyssa wanted another “reason” other than church to dress up and play pretty. Whatever, I suppose, it kind of seems sad to me, because I doubt the girls had any choice to be anything other than Mommy’s little “royal” fashion models. Half arsed too. Modern royal? No one is getting that. At least put some plastic tiaras on them.

The girls have several childish costumes, like Disney princesses dresses. But they are forced to wear whatever that woman gives to them. She's dictating what they wear even in Halloween. It's getting scaring. Alyssa and John should set boundaries. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

It’s ok to dictate the little ones. I always chose the costume of my kids 2 and under. But I imagine Allie had an opinion on the matter. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I also had a thought that she may have considered those dresses “churchy” enough and used Halloween as an excuse to wear them. Agreed with above poster who said that Allie most probably would have liked to pick her own costume. My daughter is three and a half, her costume of choice this year was no costume. That’s what she wore. I pick my battles. 

It does make me wonder how fundy parents have the energy to fight the clothes fight.  I could imagine it would not sit well with Alyssa if any of her girls did not conform to the girly girl type. 

I dunno. Makes me a bit sad. I love seeing kids express themselves through their clothes choices. 

I must admit if I had three little girls, I totally would matchy match them (occasionally.)

I match my daughter with her male cousin, Slightly younger age, it’s adorable and my girl loves boys clothes and loves picking out clothes for gifts and to match. so it’s a win win for both of us. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I also had a thought that she may have considered those dresses “churchy” enough and used Halloween as an excuse to wear them. Agreed with above poster who said that Allie most probably would have liked to pick her own costume. My daughter is three and a half, her costume of choice this year was no costume. That’s what she wore. I pick my battles. 

It does make me wonder how fundy parents have the energy to fight the clothes fight.  I could imagine it would not sit well with Alyssa if any of her girls did not conform to the girly girl type. 

I dunno. Makes me a bit sad. I love seeing kids express themselves through their clothes choices. 

I must admit if I had three little girls, I totally would matchy match them (occasionally.)

I match my daughter with her male cousin, Slightly younger age, it’s adorable and my girl loves boys clothes and loves picking out clothes for gifts and to match. so it’s a win win for both of us. 

I pick my battles with my 4.5 year old too. His stubbornness knows no bounds. We have lots of dress up costumes and I kept pushing a cute one on him for Halloween. I should have known it wouldn’t work. Reverse psychology works better on him. So he refused the cute costume I praised to the hills and he chose a super hero costume instead. He’s still cute though. To me at least. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I just couldn't imagine walking all over the neighborhood trick-or-treating while wearing Alyssa's heels.  I'd be done after two houses.     

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

I showed two of my male friends the picture of Alyssa and the girls, and neither guessed Royal Family. One said flappers, and the other thought the same thing I had.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Yeah, I'm not thinking royalty when I see those dresses. I had a little trick or treater come by last night who was dressed as Queen Elizabeth. She had on a gray wig and a plush corgi in her purse. It was aggressively cute.

We know that the girls have "mid-evil", per Alyssa, costumes they could have trick or treated in. My theory is that Alyssa is feeling pressured to show off every dress from the truckload of matching outfits that her friend with no boundaries gives her.

That being said, at least the girls got to have fun doing a normal kid activity.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I just couldn't imagine walking all over the neighborhood trick-or-treating while wearing Alyssa's heels.  I'd be done after two houses.     

She must be used to it. When I was a teenager, gigantic heavy clogs were big. My dad said he could always hear me coming because my shoes sounded like a horse. Honestly, he was right. I was so loud in my big ass shoes. But I got used to walking in them after awhile. Now I’m in my thirties and mostly wear flats. If I put on high heels or high heeled clogs, I would have issues. I would probably fall on my face after five seconds! 

I couldn’t find a picture of my biggest ones, but they were kind of like this:

0EDF8130-E95B-4E51-821A-C2E77FB95049.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 3

I can "kinda" see it. She gets all those dresses from her stalker dress person. That batch seems a little too fancy for church. If you add the hairpieces and factor in that Alyssa's knowledge of royalty comes from grocery store tabloids....there's a vague fancy tea thing happening.

It bothers me less than when we had disco events at my college and it would invoke outfits from 1965-1985.

She commits worse crimes.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I'm not going to lie and say that I never dressed my daughters in matchy Easter and Xmas dresses. My grandmother LOVED buying them. BUT that window closes early- my older daughter balked at 5-6 years old- and it was once or twice a YEAR! I bribed them so I could take "at home" photos until my grandmother unfortunately passed when my oldest was 7. Allie is probably going to protest soon since she seems to be dressed like her sisters 90% of the time. The question is: Will she be allowed to have an opinion?!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

Allie is probably going to protest soon since she seems to be dressed like her sisters 90% of the time. The question is: Will she be allowed to have an opinion

I saw a couple pictures of Webster cousins and they were also matching. Maybe in their circles the matching thing is so normal that Allie doesn't even know that she can dress differently than her sisters.

I think the girls wear comfy clothes in a daily basis. Apart from the church pictures, in the others (travelling, going errands etc) they wear jeans and leggings. So maybe they are not fed up of the fancy dresses because it's just for Sunday.

What worries me is not that they match or that they look over-the-top groomed each.single.sunday. The problem is that they are learning that having a brand new dress each week is normal and that being given things because they are pretty (or famous or whatever) is normal. Also, they learn that a stranger dictate their outfits and that they must take&publish pictures to please her. Allie is only 4 but 4 years old are not dumb, they think a lot! 

Alyssa was undoubtedly a practical, down-on-earth person when she married, but her vanity is not exactly helping her or her girls. 

I wonder what Websters think. Are they classy or tacky? Are they grifters or have good jobs and look down to Alyssa and John?

• Upvote 14

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic