IGNORED

Botkin Alert. They are back on the conference circuit!

Palimpsest

On 7/26/2019 at 7:54 PM, nokidsmom said:

I was aware of Geoff's claim to fame as a duck biologist, but didn't know that photographic evidence of same showed Canada Geese.  Hilarious!

Sorry, that was pure snark.  I have no idea whether there is photographic evidence of Geoff interacting with any duck or goose.  Although this sort of reminds me of Geoff and the older sons.  Just substitute guns for the fishing rods.

Spoiler

pic640.Donal-n-nephew.jpg

On 7/26/2019 at 7:53 PM, hoipolloi said:

Speaking of churches, this seems to be one of the first public appearances for Morecraft since he was turfed out of his longtime pastorate a few years back.  

Intriguing.  I wish they had been a lot less discrete.  Whatever did he do - or what heresies was he advocating?

Pearls, Botkins and Bateses all in TN.  Yikes.

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
Fixed pic's URL
  • Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Guidestar.org (a website that lists nonprofits) has no listing for Christ the King Church in Centerville, TN. Interesting.

By law, churches are not required to be 501(c)(3)'s or file 990's.

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/annual-exempt-organization-return-who-must-file

2 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Maybe because they're a business and not a non-profit? Their URL is ckctn.com.

If Geoffrey indeed has some illness, it doesn't appear to prevent him from bloviating at length giving the sermon on most Sundays.

Having a '.com' URL doesn't make one a business -- there are no restrictions on purchasing a '.com', 'net' or '.org' domain.  There's convention, but even that seems be set aside by most.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

Here's a fine, upstanding young man who's a member of Christ the King Church -- or was, at least.

His website is filled with shite like this article:

You aren’t supposed to notice, and certainly not speak out against, the fact that American culture has been systematically programmed to embrace and promote an attitude of open hostility, discrimination, and disdain for several groups, with particular hostility acutely focused on Christian white boys, who literally embody the sin of being several problematic things all at once, namely: Christian, white, and male.

• WTF 12

4 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

By law, churches are not required to be 501(c)(3)'s or file 990's.

True.  If they do choose to become 501(c)(3)s (and some do) they aren't supposed to endorse political candidates and engage in political advocacy.  An awful lot of the Botkin sermons seem to be about politics.

Wasn't Trump trying to overturn that requirement?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

IIRC, the Botkins moved to Tennessee approximately 2009, and Geoff's "sermons" at Christ the King go back to 2012, so it presumably started in the intervening years. 

There are a few photos circa 2015 on this blog: http://bainesfamilyusa.weebly.com/blog/christ-the-king-church (complete with T.Rex Arms holsters, naturally).

• Thank You 5

19 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Sorry, that was pure snark.  I have no idea whether there is photographic evidence of Geoff interacting with any duck or goose.  Although this sort of reminds me of Geoff and the older sons.  Just substitute guns for the fishing rods.

Oh darn.  Given the number of SOTDRT fails, coupled with the fundie arrogance we see all too often, I thought it completely plausible. 

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Here's a fine, upstanding young man who's a member of Christ the King Church -- or was, at least.

Has the Fire Breathing Arsehole been mentioned here before.  He looks rather familiar but I don't think I made a Botkin connection.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: Hickman County, TN, where the Botkins reside. This locale must be in the running for asshole of the universe. It's where the Pearls live as well.

And very close to Brentwood and Gwen Shamblin.  It's scary in them thar hills.  

• I Agree 7

From what I have read https://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2015/04/the-cold-unforgiving-world-of-geoffrey-botkin.html  , Geoffrey Botkin sounds like a cult leader . He fits at least some of the criteria of the BITE model  . Even some fundamentalists have come to feel that the Botkin sisters have gone too far .  Take for example this blog post , made by a cousin of mine , in the interest of full disclosure , regarding their critique of the Disney film , Tangled  .   https://otrmin.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/tangled-and-the-christian-patriarchy-movement-ii/  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Just in case anyone hasn't hit their quota of BotkinCrazy, there are several metric fucktons on the T.Rex Arms blog:

Isaac doesn't want to raise his children in a world where firearm suppressors (aka silencers) are regulated

I’m making this video because my wife and I just had our third child (and we only had to wait 9 months, faster than some BATF paperwork). We are very much thinking about our children and about protecting our children’s future.

The real cost-benefit analysis is this: do we want our kids to live in a world where criminals MIGHT find it easier to obtain suppressors, or a world where the government WILL arbitrarily punish law-abiding citizens for having them?

Shame that Prime Minister of New Zealand thing didn't work out for you, Isaac.

And here's some bloviating from Geoff the King himself:

https://www.trex-arms.com/2019/06/28/When-Peace-Gives-Way-to-War/

https://www.trex-arms.com/2019/07/04/What-Is-Sacred-Honor/

Edited by AnnaSofia
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Interesting - looks like Geoff has officially abandoned his old "Western Conservatory" site in favor of Lil' Lucas' TRex Arms soapbox. Follow the money, follow the money, follow the money...annnnnnd, bingo! All guns-n-ammo, all the time!

And yes, he is, absolutely, a cult leader. I think the upcoming conference is all about recruiting fresh blood from the Select, Chosen, "Extra" (I love that!) 180 attendees - assuming they get that many.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

I don't understand why this bio fails to mention Geoff's stellar career in duck biology:

Botkin.thumb.png.72d3ab1e98cab5cd9b3f45943cc0673a.png

"Father of seven and grandfather of ten" is a serious fail in the Quiverfull world. Should be "grandfather of 49," plus or minus a few arrows. Of course, kneecapping his daughters when it came to marriage and motherhood has messed up his numbers.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 13

2 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Just in case anyone hasn't hit their quota of BotkinCrazy, there are several metric fucktons on the T.Rex Arms blog:

Isaac doesn't want to raise his children in a world where firearm suppressors (aka silencers) are regulated

pShame that Prime Minister of New Zealand thing didn't work out for you, Isaac.

And here's some bloviating from Geoff the King himself:

https://www.trex-arms.com/2019/06/28/When-Peace-Gives-Way-to-War/

https://www.trex-arms.com/2019/07/04/What-Is-Sacred-Honor/

Considering what the FEMALE Prime Minister of NZ has implemented in regards to gun safety in the last month, the bolded makes my blood run cold 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

There are a few photos circa 2015 on this blog: http://bainesfamilyusa.weebly.com/blog/christ-the-king-church (complete with T.Rex Arms holsters, naturally).

So, these people were "quarantined" in a cabin in the woods for two weeks because all the kids had chicken pox.  

This blog post has a picture of the Botkin family on what looks like a chilly fall or winter day.  So....4 (!) of the Botkin men are wearing long wool dress coats -- about knee length.  I'm going to guess that this is perceived as MEGA pretentious in rural Tennessee.  I live in an urban area in Central Texas.  I'm not sure I've EVER seen a man in a dress coat. Maybe it's apropos in New York City or Boston, but rural Tennessee?  Nope nope and nope.  

You Tennessee folks may need to correct me on this.  Male fashion may certainly differ from my state, but it just strikes a very odd sartorial note for me. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Considering what the FEMALE Prime Minister of NZ has implemented in regards to gun safety in the last month, the bolded makes my blood run cold 

Just to be clear, that was absolutely sarcasm on my part.

Also, it's a long running joke here on FJ. IIRC it was part of the "200 Year Plan" Geoff came up with while he was living in New Zealand. Given that none of the family had New Zealand citizenship, we're not quite sure how he expected to pull that off.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Just to be clear, that was absolutely sarcasm on my part.

Also, it's a long running joke here on FJ. IIRC it was part of the "200 Year Plan" Geoff came up with while he was living in New Zealand. Given that none of the family had New Zealand citizenship, we're not quite sure how he expected to pull that off.

I’ve followed them long and loosely enough to know they had some grand plans for us, just couldn’t remember the finer details. Thanks for the reassurance ? 

• Upvote 5

Idr anything from the 200 year plan other than he excluded his daughters because they didn’t count. As those with uteri, their ownership would be transferred to their future husbands and their future husbands families got to count them. I was still semi-fundi when I read that and even then I was appalled. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Marmion said:

From what I have read https://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2015/04/the-cold-unforgiving-world-of-geoffrey-botkin.html  , Geoffrey Botkin sounds like a cult leader . He fits at least some of the criteria of the BITE model  . Even some fundamentalists have come to feel that the Botkin sisters have gone too far .  Take for example this blog post , made by a cousin of mine , in the interest of full disclosure , regarding their critique of the Disney film , Tangled  .   https://otrmin.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/tangled-and-the-christian-patriarchy-movement-ii/  

Sounds like a cult leader?   The Robotkins going too far?   No kidding! 

Those of us who have been for following them for years know that.  But reminders are always good, so are links, and your cousin's critique is very interesting. :)

Apologies because I did not introduce this thread properly.  The Botkins have slipped off the front pages and become rather shy and retiring recently.  Here are our archived threads on them, which are not very easy to find when you are new to FJ.  https://www.freejinger.org/forum/270-botkin-family-botkinettes/?page=6

Rescue ferrets are available on demand.

1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

Considering what the FEMALE Prime Minister of NZ has implemented in regards to gun safety in the last month, the bolded makes my blood run cold 

And so it should.  Yes, as @AnnaSofia said, Geoff Botkin and McCotter (this very nasty guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_McCotter) had very grand plans for taking over NZ.  They failed.  The Kiwis were too clever for them.  

But apparently the Baines family were converted and came to the US to spread chickenpox and visit some of the nastiest VF and VF adjacent families.  They spent time with Scottie Brown as well as the Botkins and Swansons.  And NZ still has an IBLP outpost.  Watch your backs!

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I was aware of Geoff's claim to fame as a duck biologist, but didn't know that photographic evidence of same showed Canada Geese.  Hilarious!

By the same token, perhaps the firearms contained in T Rex bolsters are water pistols.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

On 7/26/2019 at 12:05 AM, MamaJunebug said:

But—but— I wanna add

FUNDIE CONFERENCE CRASHER

to my resume!!!!!!!!

Wait. You have not done that yet?!

18 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Hide contents

pic640.Donal-n-nephew.jpg

Intriguing.  I wish they had been a lot less discrete.  Whatever did he do - or what heresies was he advocating?

Pearls, Botkins and Bateses all in TN.  Yikes.

Actually did there not used to be a banner pic on his bio on the WC website with him at a lake with ducks or geese? Did I dream this? If so, why did I dream this?

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, cami said:

How old are these professional stay at home daughters now ?

They turn 32 and 34 within the next few months.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

4 hours ago, cami said:

How old are these professional stay at home daughters now ?

@Bethella how old are the Botkinettes? I think they have both passed 30 but Bethella is our Sage of the Ages. She knows all.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic